oct27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oct27th

quick jump in ...off detecting ...it isnt raining promising to be a nice day!!I did a cracker yesterday ...was cutting a box for the rabbits to pla with ..holding it with rt hand knife in the other ...yep you guessed ..knife acrooss and into index finger knuckle .!I think I hit bone because it feels bruised ..as well as chucking claret all over the place...and guess what the rabbits werent impressed ..Its all covered n strapped up .

hiya Lav....booked ..job done

Vincci Tenerife Golf Hotel in Golf del Sur | FirstChoice.co.uk

never been here before so looking forward to it

clocks went back last night ...big shout to all
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: oct27th

Mae everybody, doggone it Mick,I'm sorry about your cut! That's terrible jealous you guys turned your clocks back already ours is next week I think,Lav,I asked about the mag cuz I do take it but it makes me sooooo tired during the day which I guess is to be expected cuz it's supposed to help with anxiety,PQ,it's Sunday which means grocery store and I'm just lost waaah! Think I'll just stick to the basics,tacos, spaghetti, whatever haha,Det yep dunno what's in the air but jeez it's a doozy, could be smoke from the California fires,one year it made me so sick hope you enjoyed your Halloween dance,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday
    Last edited by paulywogg; October 27, 2019, 08:35 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...hope you're finding lots of treasures even with an injured digit. Your choice for the chrimbo holiday looks lovely, can't wait to see the rest of it through your pics.

Pauly...We ended up having a tuna casserole last night so tonight is hamburger helper. We turn our clock back next week as well, I really wish they'd drop this practice. I stopped at the grocery store twice this week, walked up and down the aisles and then just left without buying anything. LOL

Det...hope you had a great time and that you didn't fall asleep. LOL

Glad I got organized and was able to spend yesterday on the couch. There was a down right blizzard going on out there. Going to be mild today, hoping to get my haircut, and then snow starting overnight. The windchill tomorrow is going to be -4F tomorrow afternoon! Guess it's time to actually get ready for winter! Have a great Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Put the chickens to bed before I sat down this evening & it still was too dark. WE need that time change soon.

Mick, you are my twin - not to be trusted with sharp things, haha!! Sorry about the cut buddy. Hope you found some good stuff detecting today
        We did get 1.5” of rain this morning then the sum came out, weird!

Pauly, when it gets cooler I start to think about soups, stews, chili, etc. Anything that doesn’t require too much time & energy

PQ, sounds like winter has already arrived up there, geez.
        I need a haircut again too, did you get yours cut today? Stay warm frined & take it easy!

Det, hello to you & you sound happily busy!

Cyn & Sam, hello to you as well.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,just a quick flyby too much sneezing to post much plus I'm tired! Have a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon... how are we today then ? everyone is doing well surprise surprise again it isn't raining over here today but it was really really frosty this morning I nearly got sacked as my job as the chief cook and Bottle washer I forgot that it was frosty and Julie's car needed defrosting a job I usually do but hey ho I forgot ..Just goes to show you don't get too Reliant complacent or dependent on others haha when detecting yesterday found a lovely roman coin quite a big one in fact, which is now in solution getting stabilized I will put pictures up when it is done also found what they call a rat's tail silver spoon probably about 300 years old but it is broken so it will be going in the scrap box

hiya p a u l y how are you today apart from sneezing? is this allergies or the cold? hope you have a good day

Hiya lav how are you today? Hope all is well ..yes I think you need the lighter times at night with all the creature beasts and Bugs of the night that float around your place.Finger is starting to heal up now thank goodness... until the next time I do something stupid I suppose... take care have a great day

Hiya ppqp.. how are you today then ? hope all is well and you're feeling better. what was the idea walking down the grocery aisles without buying anything? It wasn't the booze temptation by any chance was it? I don't think so but you never know I am doing this on my phone so apologies for the punctuation spelling mistakes and absolute rubbish grammar although in fairness as I said before the machine does pretty well to understand Jockanese take it easy all I will put some jokes up after

Joke one ...Britain to leave EU 31 Oct no matter what

I asked my grandad if I could take his dog for a walk the other day.
            'Yes but don't forget the poo bag" he said.
            "Come on grandma you're coming too" I replied.

You both should shut the fck up.

~me, on my first day as a Marriage Guidance Counsellor

I don't mind being told what to do, as long as the person telling me doesn't mind being told to fck off.

"Time is a construct of man, a means of adding value and structure to a chaotic universe, it serves no real purpose, it's endless and infinite, unfathomable and subjective"
            "
            "You're still bloody late" replied my boss
            Last edited by Mick; October 28, 2019, 01:03 PM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Son & grandsons just dropped off a bag of fish they caught last week. They went on a boat right out on Chesapeake Bay, not far & caught a ton of ‘rockfish’. YB likes all that fish so he will be eating the majority of it I guess. He has to start on a liquid diet tomorrow for 24 hrs prior to his colonoscopy Wednesday morning, yuck. So the fish will wait in the freezer.

Pauly, I’m using Simply Saline nasal spray & getting air up my nose for a change - so tired of mouth breathing, haha! It’s been a tough allergy season for sure.

Mick, we are fortunate to have garages for the vehicles so no scraping necessary. That wasn’t always the case though, oh boy.
              Sounds like you found some cool stuff Sunday, nice.

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Det & anyone stopping by later.
              Let’s all have a nice night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....crap! it's cold out there!

Lav X-post...no didn't get my hair cut. Got to the salon and there was 5 people ahead of me. Doesn't anyone go to church anymore? Decided it wasn't worth waiting.

Pauly...hope you had a good day.

Mick...Rest assured we don't have alcohol in our grocery stores. LOL Just couldn't decide what to pick up for dinner so I didn't pick up anything. LOL You can't afford to get sacked from your job so pay attention. Glad you were able to find something yesterday, look forward to seeing it. Glad your finger is healing now try and stay injury free till after your Chrimbo trip.

Going to get even colder tonight and will be heading off to work in the morning with a balmy temperature of -11F. It's supposed to start warming up and I hope they're right, not ready for winter yet. Have a great night all....:smile:PPQP
                Last edited by porqoui; October 28, 2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Mae all - sorry to be absent - just read back through the end of last week to catch up.

Mick - the Hollywood Squares jokes were superb - how fast, clever and witty all those comics were! I'll be sending them on to my friend for sure. Wow, a Roman coin, what a find... sorry about your cut, hope it's healing. Tenerife sounds interesting!

Lav, glad that you made it through the icy baseball game! The chicken/roast veggies sounds great - I do that same thing with salmon and also with turkey breast. My big quandary is that I must now go back on the restrictive fodmaps diet for awhile, I've been eating too far out of the box... so no onion, garlic, beans, Brussels, mushrooms, and a ton of other stuff that is flavorful and great for roasting... oh well, it will be good have a healed GI!

Pauly, so sorry for the allergies - yes, it may be from the fires - that smoke can really travel. Good luck!

Det, so good to hear you are happy and busy - how was the Goth event?

PPQ - holy cow, -11 F? That seems extreme, even for Canada! Hope the iron is doing it's work and that you are getting stronger each day.

My news: SD is really close to the fire zone - half of her town had the power cut, and the other half is evacuation central. She took 2 co-workers into her teeny-tiny apartment for a few days. She is also the COO of the community health center right in the middle of it all, so she is figuring out how to run the center in the middle of the power outage, not easy - docs are seeing patients via camp lights and examining patients with flashlights. Then of course all the records will have to be digitized once the lights go on again. There has got to be a better way to handle this - but climate change is real, and getting scarier every day.

I am in the midst of doing a lot of pro bono work fro friends while also getting my own clients going. Trying to support my friends in FL (the one who broke off part of his hip and has a fracture in the rrest of the bone). His life partner has challenges on the best of days - mobility issues herself, dyslexia, migraines, and I have been trying to get them good help for their needs, and trying to order the medical equipment that they will need when they go back to her apartment in Chicago (tomorrow)... I may fly there tomorrow just for 48 hours to see them settled in - she is exhausted and he is ornery as all get out - I'm not sure how all this will work in a tiny, newly (and expensively) renovated apartment. My heart breaks for them - all of this from one wrong step... let's all be careful out there!!

Wishing everyone well in this Scorpio New Moon time, which I gather can be quite the wild emotional ride...
                  may we be well --

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav,the allergies are absolutely terrible this year! I do use simply saline,similisan,hylands,a nighttime antihistamine, sometimes Flonase when I'm desperate so I have a full arsenal that works some days,other days not so good,Cyn oh no that poor couple,they're so lucky to have you to help PQ,I know exactly what you mean about going into the store and just feeling duh! I made tacos last night and I'm gonna use the leftover meat for crockpot spargetti today,how are you feeling? Mick,great find on the coin and can't wait to see it,so that lady at work got fired last week yet hasn't come to pick up her hair cutting supplies?!?! I would think she'd need them,what a weirdo! Lb flies in today yippee much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday

Comment

and good afternoon all how are we today then ?guess what lovely and sunny outside yet again but it's pretty cool too ..two rabbits are playing outside in between that and running in and out of the garage now I have removed the other rabbit hutch from in the garage, they both get along great no longer has Jeeves got his bachelor pad haha
                      And you think you've got lunatic politics over your side of water do you? Just look at ours now were looking at a general election just before Christmas this lot couldn't run a P up in a brewery
                      Hiya pauly how are you today? Have you still got the sneezes?hope not.saw the pictures of the dogs wow they're not impressed at the Halloween outfits are they hope you have a good day

Hello tree girl how are you or more to the point where are you did you fly out to see your friend? I know when you look at some other people's predicaments life doesn't seem so bad for yourself does it? Yes the roman coin is quite nice it is about 1850 years old at least. the Silver Spoon was smashed beyond recognition and I've been playing about with it trying to straighten it slightly just to put some shape into it... no particular reason it's just sad mad things I do like that. haha glad you enjoyed the jokes yes please pass them on to help if it gives anyone else a laugh then good

Hiya ppqp how are you today? Yes it's cold over here today as well well I was going to say it start to get dark but that's just with the clocks going back yes I forgot you at your grocery stores don't sell alcohol laws are pretty strict in Canada as I recall hope you have a good day at work today remember stay calm

Hiya lav how are you today? hope things are ok with you.. so you were dropped off a bag of fish? wow good for you I hate RockFish over here they are called poor man's cod yes I've got a big garage for the car as well but unfortunately between all the rubbish, saws ,jigs, rabbits ,hardcore rubble!! and any other piece of crap that may come in handy in the future I couldn't get push bike in their far less a car
                      20191029_150259.jpg
                      20191029_150420.jpg
                      20191029_150405.jpg

When I was a child I had many imaginary friends.

They were real people... I just imagined they were my friends

Every night I pray that Russia invades Britain.

Putin would have this Brexit shit sorted by tomorrow morning.

I'm the best Assistant DJ in the entire world.

In fact, I hold the record.

‘Man dies after getting trapped upside down on 290ft chimney for 15 hours’

Quickest flue-related death this year.

Whenever I’m brought to orgasm by the touch of a woman's hand, they always say the same thing afterwards.

"Get out and find a new chiropodist!"

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with the U.S. auto makers for the past 5 years, whereby the auto makers were installing black box voice recorders in four-wheel drive pickup trucks and SUV's in an effort to determine in fatal accidents the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.

They were surprised to find in 39 of the 50 states the recorded last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh Shit !"

Only the states of Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina and Texas were different, where 89.3 percent of the final words were:

"Hold my beer, I'm gonna try somethin".

Some dog I got. We call him Egypt because he leaves a pyramid in every room.

With my dog I don't get no respect. He keeps barking at the front door. He don't want to go out. He wants me to leave.

What a dog I got. His favorite bone is in my arm!

I worked in a pet store and people kept asking how big I'd get.

My mother never breast fed me. She told me that she only liked me as a friend.

When I played in the sandbox the cat kept covering me up.

I'm not a sexy guy. I went to a hooker. I dropped my pants. She dropped her price.

I tell ya when I was a kid, all I knew was rejection. My yo-yo, it never came back

I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent back a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof.

My uncle's dying wish was to have me sitting on his lap. He was in the electric chair.

It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won't drink from my glass!

Last night my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee. The only trouble was, she was coming home.

A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home!

A hooker once told me she had a headache.

I was making love to this girl and she started crying. I said, "Are you going to hate yourself in the morning?" She said, "No, I hate myself now."

I knew a girl so ugly that she was known as a two-bagger. That's when you put a bag over your head in case the bag over her head breaks.

I knew a girl so ugly, they use her in prisons to cure sex offenders.

I knew a girl so ugly, the last time I saw a mouth like hers it had a hook on the end of it.

I knew a girl so ugly, she had a face like a saint--a Saint Bernard!

During sex my wife always wants to talk to me. Just the other night she called me from a hotel.

One day as I came home early from work, I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, "Hey buddy...why are you doing that for?" He said, "Because you came home early."

I went to see my doctor... Doctor Vidi-boom-ba. Yeah...I told him once, "Doctor, every morning when I get up and look in the mirror I feel like throwing up. What's wrong with me? He said, "I don't know, but your eyesight is perfect."

I told my dentist my teeth are going yellow. He told me to wear a brown necktie.

I was so ugly, my mother used to feed me with a slingshot!
                      Last edited by Mick; October 29, 2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Just making a quick check-in while dealing with an unhappy YB. He’s doing his colonoscopy prep today, the procedure is 10:30 tomorrow morning. Need I say any more???
                        I know it’s a miserable thing but it’s not really my problem. Right?

PQ, -11? OMG
                        Be careful out there lady!!!

Cyn, it only took one misstep & my Mom fractured her coccyx & that opened Pandora’s box to all kinds of maladies for her. I really feel sorry for folks when that happens.
                        I’ve been thru almost 3 containers of Amy Myers MD product called Gut Revive & I swear it works wonders. It’s loaded with L-glutamine & other stuff that sealed up the leaky gut situation. I’m very happy with the results & will continue it for a while.

Pauly, glad that coworker is off the premises now. Do you know anyone that you could recommend to fill the position? Someone sane????

Hello the Mick, Det & everyone.
                        Have a nice night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...glad to see your post, knew you were probably going a mile a minute. We actually made it up to 26F by noon, felt like a heatwave. The iron supps seem to be helping, I'm not as dragged out as I used to be. The fires in CA are unbelievable! I thought the fires in Fort McMurray were bad but not compared to the pictures I've seen on the news. Hope your SD is safe. Sorry to hear about your friends and I'm glad you're there for support. Hopefully they'll get settled into the new apartment.

Pauly...I was going to suggest Flonase but apparently you have everything in your arsenal. Did you have frost this morning? Hear Vegas was getting this cold front that went through here. I thought of tacos when I was in the grocery store and it just felt like too much work. LOL I'm feeling much better these days, thanks for asking.

Mick...what no rain!! Why did you remove the rabbit hutch from the garage, thought that was going to be their winter place. I had a good day at work, not crashing as much as I was. Had a meeting with my IT guy, we're going to change our email from one provider to another and it's going to be a big project, probably take close to 2 years to complete. I'm looking forward to getting started next Tuesday, I love to be busy.

Lav...that 10:30 is going to take a long time to get there, stay strong. And you're right, it's not really your problem, but he'll make it feel like it is. I am very aware of the ice and snow these days, way more than I used to be. Our new provincial government has decided Calgary spends too much money so one of the first things they're doing is slashing the funding to nurses and health care workers. Glad I'm out of the hospital. Gut revive sounds very interesting, I may have to research that.

I have another chest xray and appointment with the trauma team on Monday and of course the weather is supposed to get cold again with snow. Will be getting one of the boys to chauffeur me around. Hope we all have a great evening....:smile:PPQP
                          Last edited by porqoui; October 29, 2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,glad to hear you're feeling better hope the X-ray shows everything is healed and cleared up,Lav,yikes poor YB I'd be a grump too! I've been working at that shop for 16 years so I'm out of the loop on any other hairdressers,I'm just over it that place isn't getting any better but what? I say I'm gonna leave and never do so no use bitching I guess waves to Mick,Cyn,Det and Sam I wonder what ever happened to Pie? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!

Comment

Mae all -

Quick drop in - I am not traveling today, thank goodness. My friends are on their way with a flight nurse, and apparently staff is meeting them at the apartment. I am glad not to be involved at this point... enough said for now.

Lav, hoping the C goes well for YB and you get a complaining-free day.
                              Pauly, I hope they find a sane person to work with you!
                              Mick - who would have had a silver spoon from that period? A wealthy landowner, I guess.
                              PPQ - good luck with the doc visits, hope that it is all good news.
                              Det - god luck with the new job.

Wishing all well today and a happy all-hollows-e'en.

Comment

Working...
                              X