Remembrance Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembrance Sunday

maeall ,,,howare we today then? all good I hope ..Remembrance Sunday, today is a very poignant day for a lot of us,each and every one of us has our thoughts on who or what we remember ..respect and thanks .
    Pretty cold out there ,but done a good bit in the greenhouse ...no never went detecting .In the garage I had a waterproof top sheet I found somewhere in the past.it is no longer waterproof ...I watched Jeeves biting into it ..so I thought I would check the rest of it..it is a colander..thery have systematically been chewing it to bits!so it is now dump material.
    ok brew time.

Hiya Lav ...glad you made a few bob yesterday,So Yb is chauffering the Amish around .its kind of weird how they operate ..its like Im not going to drink ...except when I need or want to !Yes I have been working on the road as little bit .It is so good getting into the minute detail.

Hiya Pauly..yep got the last of the meal and show bookings done today ..well Julie did ..I supervised ..a time consuming effort on my part.It was brill last time we were there .and this time will be no different .hope you have had a good weekend

hiya ppqp ..hows you then? did you get anywhere with the laptop?hope so ..How are you feeling?

hiya teegee you ok?

right peeps ..have a good one .

New technology moves too fast for me these days.

Just tried to wipe the dust off my phone's screen, and now I have a 12-month subscription to Netflix.

Before the crowbar was invented, crows used to drink at home

An old owl was perched on a tree on top of a hill one very cold night. He looked down in the valley and saw a light in a window so he decided to fly down to the window ledge in hopes there was some warmth escaping. Well sure enough it was warm, so he fell fast asleep. He didn’t know that there were two vetenary students inside studying for final exams.

The two vetenary students spotted the owl and decided to use him as practice. They eased the window open and gassed him.

The first student looked down the owls throat and said he has tonsillitis, so he operated.

The other looked at his butt and announced that the owl had hemorrhoids, so he operated.

They placed the owl back out on the ledge.

The owl woke up very groggy and flew away.

The next winter that same owl was perched on the same tree on a very cold night.

A young owl landed next to him and said brrrr it sure is cold out tonight.

The old owl agreed.

The young owl noticed there was a light down in the valley and suggested they both fly down there to the window ledge and maybe find some escaping heat.

The old owl replied "no way”, last year I did the same thing, passed out, woke up drunk and for the next six weeks I couldn’t sh,t worth a hoot or hoot worth a sh,t.

Dear wife:

I’m writing you this letter to tell you that I’m leaving you forever. I’ve been a good man to you for 7 years & I have nothing to show for it. These last 2 weeks have been hell. Your boss called to tell me that you quit your job today & that was the last straw. Last week, you came home & didn’t even notice I had a new haircut, had cooked your favorite meal & even wore a brand new pair of silk boxers. You ate in 2 minutes, & went straight to sleep after watching all of your soaps. You don’t tell me you love me anymore; you don’t want sex or anything that connects us as husband & wife. Either you’re cheating on me oryou don’t love me anymore; whatever! the case, I’m gone.

Your EX-Husband
    P.S. don’t try to find me. Your SISTER & I are moving away to West Virginia together! Have a great life!

Dear Ex-Husband

Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It’s true you & I have been married for 7 years, although a good man is a far cry from what you’ve been. I watch my soaps so much because they drown out your constant whining & griping. Too bad that doesn’t work. I DID notice when you got a hair cut last week, but the 1st thing that came to mind was ‘You look just like a girl!’ Since my mother raised me not to say anything if you can’t say something nice, I didn’t comment. And when you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY SISTER, because I stopped eating pork 7 years ago. About those new silk boxers: I turned away from you because the $49.99 price tag was still on them, & ; I prayed it was a coincidence that my sister had just borrowed $50 from me that morning. After all of this, I still loved you & felt we could work it out. So when I hit the lotto for 10 million dollars, I quit my job & bought us 2 tickets to Jamaica But when I got home you were gone. Everything happens for a reason, I guess.
    I hope you have the fulfilling life you always wanted. My lawyer said that the letter you wrote ensures you won’t get a dime from me.

So take care.

Signed,
    Your Ex-Wife, Rich As Hell & Free!

P.S. I don’t know if I ever told you this, but my sister Carla was born Carl.

I hope that’s not a problem.

During a commercial airline flight an Air Force Pilot was seated next to a young mother with a babe in arms. When the baby began crying during the descent for landing, the mother began nursing the infant as discreetly as possible.

The pilot pretended not to notice and, upon disembarking, he gallantly offered his assistance to help with the various baby-related impedimenta.

When the young mother expressed her gratitude, the pilot responded, "Gosh, that's a good looking baby...and he sure was hungry!"

Somewhat embarrassed, the mother explained that her pediatrician said nursing would help alleviate the pressure in the baby's ears.

The Air Force Pilot sadly shook his head, and in true pilot fashion exclaimed, "And all these years, I've been chewing gum."

Ma and Pa Were Two Hillbillies Living out on a Farm Up in the Hills.
    Pa has found out that the hole under the outhouse is full. He goes into the house and tells Ma that he doesn't know what to do to empty the hole.

Ma says, "Why don't you go ask the young'n down the road? He must be smart 'cause he's a college gradjyate."

So Pa drives down to the neighbor's house and asks him, "Mr. College gradjyate, my outhouse hole is full, and I don't know what to do to empty it."

The young'n tells him, "Get yourself two sticks of dynamite, one with a short fuse and one with a long fuse. Put them both under the outhouse and light them both at the same time. The first one will go off and shoot the outhouse in the air. While it's in the air the second one will then go off and spread the poop all across your farm, fertilizing your ground. The outhouse should then come back down to the same spot atop the now-empty hole."

Pa thanks the neighbor, then drives to the hardware store and picks up two sticks of dynamite, one with a short fuse and one with a long fuse. He goes home and puts them under the outhouse. He then lights them and runs behind a tree.

All of a sudden, Ma comes running out of the house and into the outhouse! Off goes the first stick of dynamite, shooting the outhouse into the air. BOOM! Off goes the second stick of dynamite, spreading poop all over the farm. Then, WHAM! The outhouse comes crashing back down atop the hole.

Pa races to the outhouse, throws open the door and asks, "Ma, are you all right?"

As she pulls up her panties she says, "Yeah, but I'm sure glad I didn't fart in the kitchen!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Remembrance Sunday

Me and Cyn posted just on the wrong week
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Posting late but on the right thread I think
      Busy day catching up with food shopping, cooking & starting to stitch up some new orders for folks. The whole day few by!

Mick, glad to hear your vacation is all set. I hope it’s a good one as always.
      Speaking of chewing bunnies, last evening, right before it got dark I saw a bunny sitting just outside my front door with a face full of weeds growing out between the paving blocks, haha. I gave him a thumbs up & I know he saw me thru the window. He did a good job cleaning up out there!
      Veterans Day here tomorrow, a time to remember those who served.

Pauly, I’m sad to hear Louie is reacting to his parents fighting. Kids need reassurance that they aren’t the cause & everything. Is going to be OK. Give him lots of hugs :hug:

Cyn, sounds like you’ll be qualified to write a book on the art of creative organizing soon, Lol. Glad to hear you are getting squared away. I unloaded 4 big trash bags full of old clothes & household stuff a few weeks ago &I think I’ll do it again real soon. There’s just too much STUFF in this house.
      It was a bit warmer today, made it easier to get out & about. I hear we will be getting another cold blast this week of course!

PQ, hope you are OK & had a chance to do some laptop shopping!

Det, busy?

Hello to our missing friends Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Thanks Mick and Lav for the Remembrance Day beginning. Lots to think about there... I read the book Birdsong (maybe the right title?) years ago, and the horrors they endured are still in my mind. And then of course there is "warhorse" that wonderful play. So much sacrifice, especially in the UK, that lost a whole generation of men. Someday maybe our thinking will change...

Mick, meant to say that the pics were wonderful! So nostalgic! Glad to know that the tarp has well well chewed by the peskies, lol.

Pauly, thanks for the shout out about changing to the new week!

Lav, good for you for donating those bags -- good to help others, and cleaning out is such a great feeling.

PPQ, hope you are feeling stronger.

Hello Det and Sam and all others --

Good Sunday to all...
        Last edited by treegirl; November 11, 2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Didn't get out laptop shopping as I think I'm now living in Alaska. Temps dropped and the snow kept coming. Supposed to warm up today and next week we're going to be plus territory. Still fighting with this laptop, on for awhile and then it freezes. Will post again if all goes well...:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all ...how are we today then? good I hope ...today was the armistice day..the actual day when the guns fell silent and the war to end all wars came to a finale.Pity that hadnt come true ...anyways ,today has been dry but there are serious concerns over flooding and more rain ..apparently yesterday we had 45% of the months rain in the one day.Im on dinner making duty so need to get on ..

Hiya tee gee ..tyou ok? sent you a pm..that book is correct its by sebastian faulks as you say it is a harrowing tale .yes they really chewed it up !(the rabbits)

hiya Lav ..you ok?good old rabbit weed clearing!I remeber the first time I went to America I was in Sea world and they asked all forces and ex forces to stand up irrespective of nationality ..eventually I did ..and the reception the crowd gave was fantastic ..It actually made me very proud ..you certainly treat vets a lot better.Yep we are meeting up with friends again in florideee eye aay .Julie has got it sorted ...obviously with my help ......not . take it easy have a good day .

hiya ppqp,,,yoo hoo how are you then today? did you get a laptop?

hiya pauly hows you then?good I hope .

will put some jokes up once Ive finished doing Gordon Ramsey impressions!!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

We had a pleasant 60+ degree today & tomorrow it’s going to snow HA HA!! No wonder we’re all so damn goofy
              I have been busy all day with work type stuff & that’s not bad. I also squeezed in a haircut, yay.

Cyn, I guess you’ll be seeing this snow as well tomorrow. Be prepared
              I saw a post on FB last night from an organization called For the Greater Good (I think). They are distributing backpacks with necessities to homeless vets & their dogs who can’t get into a shelter. I donated to get 6 of them distributed. Sure hope they offer some comfort.

Mick, so what did you make for dinner? I made leftovers, haha. There’s only so much I can accomplish in a day & I had to get the work done.
              I hope things dry out in your neighborhood soon!
              I personally think the US could do more for veterans like stop letting them live on the streets & make sure they get adequate healthcare. The VA hospitals are so far behind in getting people seen that they are now starting to consider letting the vets go to a regular hospital & picking up the tab - which is a good thing!

PQ, geez, I hope you can get out & about soon. It’s so early to be dealing with snowy weather, geez.
              Keeping my fingers crossed for your laptop.

Hello to Pauly, Det & anyone dropping by later.

Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hello all how are we tonight then? all good .what a load of crap our politics are ...Hilary Clinton giving it loads about the Russians involvement in British politics and what a disgrace our politics are ...Yes ..they are and agreed ...but correct me if Im wrong ..wasnt there a war a few hundred years ago where America kind of divorced themselves from the political arena of Great Britain ..I may be wrong here but it kind of sounds like we are the ball in a match between Cinton and Trump .the sad thing is all of these lot control peoples livesRant over! how are we

Hiya Lav ...hows you then..Last night I made Cumberland sausage ,roasted carrots and caramelised onions with peppered potatoes and green beans Im just like the chef out of South Park .With regard to ex forces over here ,our government to my knowledge does nothing ..it is all done by charitable organisations.like you I had a haircut ...just the one...

and a big hello to anyone else there else there else there else there else there else there

aldis christmas advert !!

Aldi Christmas Launch Advert 2019 - YouTube

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...still haven't been out to get a new laptop yet. Neighbours were fighting again last night so it was a 12:30am wake up with yelling and screaming and then around 1am they both left. Don't know where they go as they don't have a car. They returned, still fighting, around 2:30am, do you think I could get back to sleep? Needless to say I was pretty tired this morning, of course because we are in the process of changing our email host and it's turning out to be a big job. Really looking forward to my 2 weeks off at Christmas. Yours is the first Xmas commercial I've seen. LOL

Lav...it has warmed up today and is supposed to continue to be nice all week I may get out for the laptop yet. Glad you had a good turnout for the craft sale. Other than this morning I usually wake up full of energy but then peeter out around 4pm. I do think the iron supplements are working. Thanks for the link to the osti thread. Had a quick look at but read it more thoroughly soon.

Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey Mick & everyone,

Never got the snow today but the temp has dropped to below freezing.
                    Being the supremely nice person I am I turned on the space heater for the chickens so their feet don’t freeze to the roost overnight. Can you imagine? That’s a real thing, that & their combs & wattles getting frostbitten, ouch.

So Mick, Kevin the Carrot is quite talented, ha ha!
                    Your dinner menu was nice, sounds real good.
                    These below freezing nights worry me about the homeless as well. So many Vets are sleeping on the streets, so sad. They need care & services.
                    I’m working on a few jobs in my shop this evening. YB has to go out @ 9:30 tonight to pick ip the Amish family he delivered to a wedding at 8:00 this morning.
                    This is Amish wedding season & they celebrate ALL DAY, haha. There’s been 24 weddings so far this fall in the greater area. They don’t actually have church buildings, they have services at someone’s home every week. YB swears he saw between 75-100 buggies parked at this wedding this morning. They’re going to have a very cold ride home tonight! The family that hired YB to drive today was thinking ahead, Lol

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Pauly, Det & everyone.
                    Have a nice night, don’t freeze

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav,no chance of freezing here haha,I think it would be annoying to be at a wedding party all day but I know several cultures do,PQ,hope you'll get out for your laptop today, Mick,I think we're all sick of the political antics,today their supposed to televise the DT impeachment crap,hope it don't mess up my shows! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope all is well. it is very cold over here but drythe sun is out but it makes no difference at all haha .Its supposed to be bad over the weekend but we shall see
                        Remember I got my speeding ticket? Well instead of getting points on the licence I have got to do a motorway awareness driving course it's just the basics .... all classroom work but at least it beats getting 3 points on my licence which puts up my insurance by 30% a year oh well such is life
                        Hello ppqp how are you today then? Neighbours sound like a real Activity Centre to watch especially at stupid oclock in the morning not!!!yes there are a few Christmas Commercials out over here already but Kevin the carrot takes number one spot at the moment.. glad the iron supplements are working helps for a magnetic personality ok ok I'll get my coat have a decent day
                        Hiya lav how are you today? all good I hope. seems to me like our weather is very very similar. I agree about the homeless but in truth it's not all one-sided there are those that actually choose to live on the streets as opposed to living in a box .It's a bit of a weird situation really because I remember when travellers were travelling all over the country the government set up camp here there and everywhere (which some still do the government built permanent sites where they go and store not only the caravans but actually houses for them now why they can't do the same or similar for homeless I don't know there are plenty of brown belt buildings like warehouses etc that could be made into flatlets as opposed to being done up and sold as yuppie palaces ....I'm in soap box mode!

Hi Pauly how are you today then yes I think worldwide we are sick of the political wrangling going on irrespective of country.Everyone seems to be in let's make an ass of it mode and yes I hope it doesn't spoil your shows either
                        hi tree girl how are you today then hope all is well in your part of the woods if the weather stays decent this Friday Julie is off work so probably going for a walk it's a few days since I've been so so it might be a fairly decent one
                        Right peeps that's all we'll put some jokes up later on take it easy and have a great day
                        Last edited by Mick; November 13, 2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Cold all day & even colder at night (23 degrees), Brrr!!!
                          The space heater kept my chickens from freezing to the roost last night so it’s back on again tonight. Nice of me, huh? Ha ha!!

Pauly, the allergens have all been frozen to death now so that’s one good thing about this weather. LOL
                          I watched the House hearings today & listened on the radio while I was out in my car. I listened to the Watergate hearing back in the 70’s even while we were camping in the woods. It’s a good way to catch up in case you’ve missed some important news reports. There were a few surprise revelations today, can’t wait until the hearings resums.

Mick, enjoy your driver ed course, haha! It certainly is better than the points & fines.
                          Did I mentioned that YB was stopped by a state trooper yesterday? It happened to be a young female trooper & she got a YB education, haha. She claimed he drove around a school bus that was letting students off. He informed her the bus had pulled over & parked & it didn’t have it’s flashing lights on. So it was perfectly legal to drive past the bus. Turned out the bus driver was helping a handicapped child get out of the bus. The trooper apologized & left, lol.

Hello to Cyn, Det PQ & anyone stopping by tonight.
                          Have a nice night all. I’m actually going to watch the CMA awards.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...saw your light on so thought I'd wait till you posted. When you said YB got stopped my first thought was did he get out of the ticket. Guess he didn't have to get out of it since it was a non-offense. You've been cooling off and we've been warming up. Crazy weather everywhere. I'm not watching the house hearings as I get the highlights on the news. If something new/unexpected happens I'll be tuning in. You're so good to your chickens. LOL I might just join you and watch the CMA's as well.

Mick...you just can't seem to get a break with the weather. No wonder you travel a lot. LOL I would do the driver ed course instead of the fine and demerits as well. When is that going to happen? No activity with the neighbours last night but it was a restless night for me anyways. Sleep for 2 hours then awake for 2. Geeze! I'm almost ready to get some OTC sleep meds to see if it helps. Magnetic personality, you're so cute.

Pauly...didn't get out shopping today. The program coord left at 1pm so I played cards all afternoon. Seems nobody is working while the boss is away.

It's that time of year again for employee reviews. The board sent out a survey to the staff asking how the GM is performing in his job. I responded mainly in the negative and then stated I wouldn't comment further as I didn't want to get fired. Well, that set off a fire storm again with the President of the Board phoning me to say this is not acceptable and things need to get resolved. Apparently we have an HR committee, made up of board members, who knew? I am going to put together a list of my concerns and will meet with the committee next week. Want to get this done before they even think of handing out a bonus to him. Hoping we all get a good night sleep....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all....howzwee today then ?o810 am ..winds are howling the rabbits had x2 hot water bottles last night and probably slept better than me!!just looking out the window now ..Mr Pheasant on the way across.

hiya ppqp ..lights on and no one in? no break in the weather again ..thats interesting about the boss..here are a coupla comments for you

Started on a very low ,however through his dedication ,has manged to sneak under that

started on the low and has maintained this in an excellent manner..

Unfortunately hasnt yet learned the technique for bridging the gap between management and work force ..both are siloed ..There are some fantastic diamonds in the team ,who with some spadework and clubbing together would produce some good hands on work.His heart may be in the right place but unfortunately that does not cut the mustard ..Perhaps a shuffle of team thinking may assist in us getting together and hitting the deck running

have a good one

hiya Lav ..that made me smile ...did you get a chorus of ..wasnt like that in my day ..just kids nowadays the academy of life etc ...thats what would have happened in our car!! When Julie retires we will be travelling a lot more.Ive already got a couple of plans..its like a reality show listening to all the political burble isnt it?

hiya pauly tg et al

My wife and I have decided to go down the adoption route and have discussed our preferences. She wants a girl and I want a Snow Leopard.

A bloke walks into a pub with a parrot on his shoulder.
                              "Une demi-pinte de cidre s'il vous plaît," says the parrot.
                              "That's amazing!" says the barman, "your parrot can speak French!"
                              "Not really," replies the bloke. "He just repeats what he read in the phrasebook."

Two geezers sat impatiently in the corner of an otherwise empty warehouse. After a couple of hours, one turns to the other and says “nobody’s coming are they “. The second geezer replies. “maybe we should have told people about fight club”.

Reasons why I use my phone:

To see text messages and calls (1%)

To avoid talking to others (99%)

My local Chinese restaurant is getting worse.

Last night the finger bowl had three fingers in it

Thank fck they're not coming to ours again this year said Prince Philip earlier, allegedy.

I challenged the students in my class to write a sentence in their notebooks that included the word "depend", but NOT the preposition "on".

One smart-arse wrote "I went to the pool and dived in at the depend"

Comment

Working...
                              X