Super Sober Shout Out 24th November 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Shout Out 24th November 2019

Before I get the thread posted just wanted to say that we have some new members, some returners and yes there are some huge numbers here each week that may seem today impossible to be achieved. Please believe me I was one of them and this is why every week I post this............
    Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!

I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number..................Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me its It is 3791 days from the start date to the end date or 10 years, 4 months, 16 days excluding the end date...............:egad:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Shout Out 24th November 2019

189 days
    6 months, 5 days
    Well, I'll be......
    Finally starting to feel as solid as I did during my sober years. I don't think about alcohol, even with drinkers around me. I don't want it. I don't like the smell of it. I don't get cravings for it. Doesn't mean I don't have to be vigilant - but if I was just starting out today, or struggling with cravings, I would want to know that it doesn't last forever.
    And it doesn't.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

5 years, 11 months and 24 days. I can taste those 6 years.

Congrats on your 6 months Bridge and yes accountability and vigilance is the key to sobriety.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Day 439, the feeling's devine.

Wishing all a peaceful joyous weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Another sober one from me. Quite enjoying all the “worlds best hangover cures’ articles in the papers in the run up to Xmas & knowing I don’t have to think about that

Comment

Here you go, Satsuma. Banana and Carrot cake. 4 serves, 2 points per serve on green plan.

Ingredients

white self-raising flour
            4tbs

baking powder
            2tsp

sugar-free maple flavoured syrup
            1T

fresh dates
            4individual

1 mashed banana

1T vanilla extract

carrot(s)
            1medium grated

egg(s)
            2medium

I think it's 160 degrees for 30 minutes

Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; November 24, 2019, 05:39 AM.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

And of course this is the wrong thread. But if you do want to make a Weight Watchers friendly cake as you count your sober days, then knock yourself out.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thanks for the recipe, Bridget, and for putting my favorite character at the top of the thread, JC.
                I agree, SF, it is great not to worry about hangover cures!

2495 days = 82 months for me.

Comment

****** 2345 days from the Day 1 to today !

Am I evil or does everyone else relish the thought that I will not suffer over Christmas the way others will ?
                  I will not have a hangover.
                  I will not have that horrible gnawing feeling waiting for right time to have a drink.
                  I will not say things to cause a disagreement ( can't guarantee that one - but at least I will mean it when I say it)
                  I will not plan all outings around drinking times.
                  I will not waste my time going to gatherings only because there will be alcohol there.
                  I will not invite v. annoying people to my house because they will be guaranteed to join me in a drink too.

Comment

4 years, 10 months, and 11 days of living life with booze free holidays!

If that makes you evil [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], then count me in!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; November 24, 2019, 08:00 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                      4 years, 10 months, and 11 days of living life with booze free holidays!

If that makes you evil [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], then count me in!
                      :haha:
                      but I enjoy their discomfort [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - it makes me feel good. That's proper evil ......

Comment

Well...had a bit of a relapse, so starting again with 6 sober days behind me.

Bridgette......sugar free maple syrup? What's the point! :harhar:

Comment

1842 days! Happy sober Sunday everyone! :thumbsup:
                          Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

3231 AF days for me! Whoooooot! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Love the Hangover Cure articles too!

Bit of a roundy 1590 days for me..

Last edited by IamMary; November 24, 2019, 12:44 PM.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                              X