24 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 November

Hiya all quick jump in...hope you are all ok.didnt go detecting..did a bit in the garden geraniums all potted up for winter. Did a bit on the railway put a crossing in with the orange beacons. Time to rest arm now take care all
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 24 November

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad you're paying attention to your arm and pacing yourself. Your train set is simply amazing.

I'm sitting here playing the "should" game. I should do the dishes, I should work on my board presentation, I should do some laundry. Decided to watch another show before getting off my butt.

Have a Super Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Rainy, rainy and Cold here - only 40, but somehow double chilling. I'll take snow over mud and wet... I actually took an umbrella out with me to cover the dog(who has a raincoat) otherwise there is no benefit to going out... he's an Arizona Rescue dog!

Happy Sunday!

I gave a long rant at the end of the last week's thread... check it out if you dare... Lav also posted there last night.

Mick, oh, the thought of winter geraniums is very pleasant! Good job taking care of the arm. Lav, are you getting this rain? How do the chickens do in rain? Pauly, wishing you a happy family day. PPQ, love that you are controlling the 'shoulds', funny. Greetings to Det and Sam and all others - wishing all a good week.

Comment

Good evening friends,

We have had typical Pennsylvania weather today. Cold at 32 degrees, rain, snow then warmed up to near 50 & the sun came out. Enough to make a sane person go mad, haha! I had to keep changing jackets.

Mick, I appreciated the train video, thanks,. The lights blinking almost makes it look like the people are in motion. Good job!
        Take it easy on that arm, you’re going to need it for several more years

PQ, so what did you end up doing today? Hahha.
        I made an Instant Pot soup Taco soup with ground turkey & 3 kinds of beans, yum. I ended up cleaning out the fridge after dinner Just so I could just stick the whole pot in there (too lazy to put the soup in smaller containers).

Cyn, the day was certainly unusual in the weather department. It’s back down to 39 now heading down to 34 tonight.
        I wouldn’t like walking a dog in this weather, ugh. I send mine out on her own & she doesn’t stay long. The chickens are pretty much oblivious but they surely all have muddy feet tonight, haha!

Hello to Sam & Det!

Have a nice one everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick the train video was great! I could see myself just watching it for hours haha,Lav the soup sounds really good yum! PQ,love the "shoulds" I had a case of that yesterday, Sundays just make me soooo lazy but I think our weekly breakfast out with my pancakes is the culprit but I'm not giving those up,Cyn,thank goodness they got to the source of the bites,hope it's all eradicated soon,so annoying,much love to all and wishes for great BF Monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then? all good I hope ..arm is aching ...problem is lying on that side sleeping ,and shuffling from side to side ..painkillers arent touching it .thanks for the comments on the railway.Pouring down with rain here today..Heres a problem for you all to think out ..this actually happened to me this morning ..
            In the supermarket ,pretty packed ,there is a guy in front of m ..this guy is clearly homeless ,is unkempt and smelled of cigarette butt tobacco. He has purchased 4 cans of cheap cider,gives the till assistant the money ,which is all low denomination coins ,clearly the result of begging.The assistant says to him that one of the coins is a one euro coin which he thought was a pound ..he then goes through the motions of trying to find another coin .Time is passing the guy cant find any other coins ,the queue are starting to do the toot and shuffle routine...what would you do ........if anything?( pound is about 75cents)
            apart from thatits a pretty iet (never use the q word)

My wife has a favourite machine she uses whenever she's at the gym.

The vending.

I was at the office party at a top London hotel. My boss said "I see you have an empty glass, let me get you another " now I have two empty glasses.

Saw a road sign "Large plant crossing".
            Never seen a nine foot tall geranium before!

I asked Alexa to list all of the bullsit that has come from The Labour Party.

The fcking thing hasn't shut up for the past 3 days.

Did you know that texting whilst travelling at 50mph in a 30mph zone gets you an instant fail on your driving test!

Not sure this bus driving malarkey is the right job for me.....
            I finished work on friday afternoon and got in my car to drive home.
            A journey that normally takes 10 minutes.
            It took me 45 minutes.
            I pulled into every bloody bus stop on the way home
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Nothing fell from the sky today & that’s OK with me, Lol

Pauly, I’ve been using a lot more oat flour lately, just to get away wheat which is no so easy on my gut anymore. Bob’s Red Mill make a whole grain oat flour that is awesome in pancakes & waffles. Give it a try, you may love it too

Mick, it’s hard when you’re sleeping to keep from turning onto an injured arm. Try propping some pillows on that side to block your rollover.
              I don’t know about you but I think injuries hurt more when the weather is so damp. Stay warm, & continue healing

I made a vegan lasagne today & convection roasted some chicken legs for YB who suffers so terribly with a meatless meal, Lol
              That took up the entire afternoon so I never did get down into my shop. I need to decide what I’m taking to Saturday’s craft fair.

Cyn, I hope your biting & itching has eased today. Tracking these things down requires some real detective work. Sounds like you have a handle on things. I just heard on the news that the NYC Thanksgiving parade may be in jeopardy due to high winds expected, that’s a shame.

PQ, how was y our day?

Det, where have you been??

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; November 25, 2019, 07:10 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...read your rant from Saturday, that was mild compared so some of my spouting off. LOL I hope you've solved the bite problem, sounds reasonable to me.

Lav...I ended up watching my shows on Sunday and then throwing a load of laundry in this morning. LOL I've been known to shuffle things around in the fridge so I can put the whole pot in too! Nothing fell from our skies last night, apparently it's coming tonight. Snow and below normal freezing temps. Here we go again. Had a good day mostly working on finalizing my document for the board. Everyone else seemed really busy and stayed out of my hair.

Mick...my arm is aching today too. I can't bend it a certain way without a sharp pain. Just hoping I slept on it funny and that nothing is broken. Paranoid over brittle bones now. As far as the problem I probably would have given him the pound, even if he was buying booze. I've been in that situation before, not booze just short of cash. Boss is working on raises for the staff. It'll be interesting to see if the board gives him a bonus, designates bonuses to other staff or eliminates them all together. We shall see.

Time to get comfy, started a new book and am anxious to get back to it. Have a nice night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick I'd have done the same thing as PQ and I actually have before,almost exact same situation to a T just to get things moving along,it's not my business on what he's buying obviously I'll never see him again and he probably needed it who knows,Lav,I'm really starting to think that wheat is playing alot of havoc on my overall health,I should be feeling better now after this long off the grog but some days I feel worse! Physically just dragged out,very little energy and a heaviness it's really weird,I was doin a good job on cutting stuff out a while back but it gets expensive and a little boring to try and be healthy, could be the excess sugar I've been gorging on too,Cyn,hope things are improving,had the boys last night and Rome was making block towers and we'd clap when they didn't topple over and he'd clap and smile so big! Tried to get a video but of course he don't do it then haha,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we today then hope all is well with you.. cold today , but dry..rabbits out playing.Arm sore but ok Been playing about with a cube camera on my railway..so that it will give you a birds eye of going round the track should be interesting when I do it.Yep I paid the pound ,,not because of the impatient queue that bothers me not..most of them need to think there but for the grace of god go I .as opposed to moaning about someone holding the q up ,but simply I believed in what I did ...help someone in a particular situation.trust me ...big mouth its just started pouring down I need to get them in !!just got them ..shaking a bag of rabbit food..they both came in..take care all

Abbotts just announced that every house hold will get free broad beans by 2030

Just had a look at the Tories' election manifesto.

Of the 50,000 'new' nurses promised, 19,000 are in fact already working in the NHS, and will be 'retained'.

By putting their retirement age up again.

I've just purchased an advent calender from the local 'Shelter' charity shop.

I opened the first window and it was full of squatters.

If they gave out prizes for being lazy, I probably wouldn't turn up to collect mine.

My wife told me she's desperate for a baby and if it's a boy, she'll call him Harrison.

I said, 'I know you are, but at the moment we just can't a Ford one.'

I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.

I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven"?

"NO"! the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven"?

Again, the answer was, "NO"! By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun!

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven"?" I asked them again.

Again, they all answered, "NO"! I was just bursting with pride for them. Well, I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven"?

A six-year-old boy shouted out, "YOU GOTTA BE F*CKIN' DEAD"!

Two poor kids were invited by a rich kid to a swimming party at his pool.

When they were changing into their swim trunks, one turned to the other and said, "Did you notice the small dcks on the rich kids"?

The other answered,"Yeah. It's probably because they have real toys to play with"!

Jake is 5 and learning to read.

He points at a picture in a zoo book and says, "Look Mama! It's a frickin' Elephant!"

Deep breath ... "What did you call it?"

"It's a frickin' Elephant, Mama! It says so on the picture!"

and so it does ...

"A f r i c a n Elephant "

1. Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

2. One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

3. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

4. If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

5. The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

6. I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

7. What if there were no hypothetical questions?

8. If a deaf person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

9. If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

10. Is there another word for synonym?

11. Where do forest rangers go to 'get away from it all?'

12. What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

13. If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

14. Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

15. Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?

16. If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

17. Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

18. If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to start speaking?

19. Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

20. How do they get deer to cross the road only at those yellow road signs?

21. What was the best thing before sliced bread?

22. One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

23. Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?

24. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?

25. How is it possible to have a civil war?

26. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown, too?

27. If you ate both pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry?

28. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

29. Whose cruel idea was it for the word 'Lisp' to have 'S' in it?

30. Why are hemorrhoids called 'hemorrhoids' instead of 'assteroids'?

31. Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

32. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, so sorry about the arm pain at night - that's really tough. Hope things start to heal quickly... I have to find out how to see that train video - sounds great. Glad you got the rabbits inside in time! Yes, I would give the cider gent the cash... though I might have tried to get him a sandwich too! My husband once refused to give someone money on the street, but offered to get him food in the store close by... turns out that the guy was very picky about the brands of food he wanted, so hubs got a few things and then said "you're done "!

Lav, have you done the craft show yet? Maybe it's after thanksgiving. Will you have a houseful for a feast? We had beautiful weather yesterday - 52 degrees and sunny... I felt guilty enjoying it! Will look for that taco soup recipe... though I have to make it without beans... still would be good...

PPQ - I hope that at least YOU get a raise! Sheesh, you are the one doing all the work! Good luck with that white stuff coming... that seems pretty harsh. Feel free to cook a turkey along with the US residents... I recall you did that earlier this year!

Pauly, what a cute story about Romeo! I love the visual of his laughing - you will have a fun holiday season this year, seems like. Yes, wheat and sugar are such major inflammation foods... hubs and I are having trouble getting truly well after that last respiratory thing, so I've been careful about no wheat, dairy or sugar for the last few days... he is less stuffed up... that will all end with Thanksgiving dinner! Good luck!

Hey busy Det, hope all is well with you - and you too Sam - and everyone else... miss SK!

cheers all for the busy days ahead -

Comment

Greeting folks!

Mick, that Sunday school class had me LOL. That could have easily been my son, haha!
                        Glad there’s some improvement in the arm. Keep resting it, OK?
                        No rain here today, I think it’s waiting for Thanksgiving on Thursday, oh well. Looks like my chicken with the bum leg is doing a little better. Still hobbling & resting but she eating & drinking water.

Pauly. Sugar is the #1 killer these days. Cut it out!!!
                        Dairy & wheat are very inflammatory. Cut them out for a few days then reintroduce them one at a time & you’ll see what’s bothering you.
                        Sooner or later we just have to accept that the foods we enjoyed in the past no longer serve us

PQ, I saw on the news that there’s a huge winter storm out west & it’s moving this way, uh oh! Boulder, Colorado had 32” of snow, OMG! I am not ready for anything like that, haha. I hope you don’t get anything like that, geez. Good luck with the presentation & I hope your messgae is well received.

Cyn, the craft fair is on Saturday. No Thanksgiving feast for us this year, kids are both going to their in-laws. I’m doing a small IP turkey breast & a few sides, just enough.
                        Don’t remember if you’re on Pinterest but I will send that soup recipe. I dialed down the hot/spicy stuff a bit. You can put whatever you like in the soup

Det, what’s up??

I hope everyone has a nice night.
                        I’m hanging out with the dog, YB & son are attending an annual dinner with the fire company in our old town. It’s called the ‘Stag Dinner’, haha

Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; November 26, 2019, 06:58 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...expe"nsive and a little boring trying to be healthy" LOL I agree. Romeo sounds so cute, like TG said you're going to have a great time this holiday season. It's all about the kids.

Mick...the cube camera sounds exciting. I just can't believe how the layout has evolved. I figured you paid the pound, it's just what we do if we can. Glad the rabbits came in quickly, guess you won't be describing the weather tomorrow. LOL My arm is much better today so I guess no broken bones. Whew.

TG...apparently everyone is getting a 2% cost of living increase, the accountant has a big mouth. I'm curious about merit raises and who does or doesn't get one. Apparently the board has approved a dollar amount for bonuses so we'll see if anyone besides the GM gets one.

Lav...winter storm is heading in from the west. It snowed all day but was very light. The big heavy stuff is coming tonight and going through till tomorrow night. We're only expecting about 10" so I can deal with that. The temps are also taking a nose dive so will have to make sure I have the extension cord for the block heater by Thursday when it's going down to -20C. When I say -4F it doesn't sound that cold. LOL

The program coordinator left without saying good night, think she was a little put out. We had a website/online programming meeting with the boss today and she has a lot of work to do regarding the new emails. I'm sure she was figuring I'd just do it. I'm done with doing her work. Hope we all have a restful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiyaall how are we today then?good I hope ..shall I describe the weather?one word ....rain.Over here wee have got a Parliament full of Trumps ..all party represntatives lying their faces off to get the win.Suddnely they have found a paper saying our national health service should be up for discussion and grabs with America in the free trade talks,,,well forget it the voice of the people here say no ...We paid for it through contributions all our working lives certainly not going to be given away to match your alleged presidents business plans .

hiya ppqp....well did you get the big snow?glad your arm is ok.so I take it your boss will be handing his payrise to you?...You keep warm

hiya Lav ..so hoppy the hen is doing ok is she ..does that mean if she lays an egg will it be lopsided?so you have a craft fair on Saturday?best of luck for you.

hiya pauly ...how are you today then?hope all is well in Paulysville today ..have a good one.

hiya tee gee hope all is good with you today..yep the trains have had a bit of work this week..how are things with you have you got sorted out now ?

Quiz .which is the odd one out .

Question 1. If you cut 20,000 police officers then employ 20,000 police officers how many more police do you have?

Question 2. If you promise to build 200,000 homes under the affordable housing scheme then don't build any how many have you built?

Question 3. If you say you're building 40 new hospitals, but only really have funding to renovate 6 existing hospitals how many new hospitals are you really building?

Question. 4 .common name for the Japanese Mitsubishi A6M3 model 22 WWII fighter plane?

Although the answer is zero to all 4 questions the odd one out is the plane because the japanese actually fcking made 10,939 of those .

That awkward moment as a child..when you had to pretend to read your Birthday card after the money had fallen out!!

Just had that Dianne Abbot at my door singing The Twelve Days Of Christmas for charity.

Took her nearly three hours.

Snails are slugs wearing tactical body armor.

Donald Trump pardoned another couple of turkeys yesterday.

The impeachment process must be coming along nicely.

UK Banknote Printer De La Rue Fears For It’s Future....news headline.

I hope they have a closing down sale.

"I saw two Scousers having a fight on the way to work," said my wife.

"You must've been mistaken," I replied, "Scousers don't go to work."

My dad always taught me the rule
                            Girls pick on the blokes they fancy the most

Turns out that my dads a massive fcking liar

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick are they wanting to get rid of the national health care? To me that's one of the best things about Europe and Canada,to be able to go to the doctor and not having to stress about the cost of the office visit or any meds prescribed,here you hafta be extremely low income or be making a good living to afford health care,there's no way hubs and I can do the $600 a month for both of us so we go without,I'm lucky I have the Indian clinic but if I ever got something serious I'm screwed,hubs has 0 healthcare,woke up with a messed up stomach so I'll just say a quick hello for now and wish everyone a great BF Wednesday!

Comment

Working...
                              X