Comment

Re: December 2019: International Army

Good morning from NY!

Comment

Good morning from Las Vegas!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon from Lancashire
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning from “Brew City”, in the historically biggest drinking state in the USA union!
            Last edited by Slo; December 1, 2019, 10:13 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Well that is truly international!! Hi everyone!
              As regards Brew City Slo...I remember years ago in the States an American lad telling me that Americans rarely do all their drinking in public..it's not considered the done thing and that there's a lot of home drinking on the quiet...Would that generally be the case i wonder?
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Afternoon from Ireland.

Great to see so many checking in. Welcome one and all. Glad the party went well Molly. Off to the airport with hubby, will check in later.

Comment

Haha, love the global check-ins.. back in Dublin again, great weekend.
                  Rustop, I forget, where are you off to again??
                  [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], are you a runner too??
                  Lovely red sky again this evening.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Where were you Mary?? Can't keep up with you!!!
                    Nora Mick anyone else on Nov thread...come on over:yay:

Comment

Morning,
                      Molls, saw that you were gathering peeps from last month. You'll be halfway to Belfast by now or have you decided on staying by the fire.

Didn't get back til late yesterday and so full could hardly full. My friend came with us, .............poor beggar has broken her left arm and needs some care and also someone to cut up her dinner. Jenny & A. ds came up from York. However, my DIL didn't come even though this has been planned for weeks............rather cross about would be to put it mildly. Tale to follow.
                      Saturday morning got a wee text to say that she wasn't well and was a bit pushed so wouldn't be coming to the Sunday lunch what with them going to Prague today (Monday) and the S&H was working yesterday (the shop closes at 4pm) so she was getting his stuff ready as well. Which was okay until.........we said we'd drop the advent calender off and leave her in peace. Got a text back with 'you might as well come in and see the new floor'.
                      However she let slip that she'd got home at 2am after a 'heavy' night out, she was getting her nails done and going out Saturday night.
                      I love tracking flights so just had a peep to see what time their flight is...............its 3:30 this afternoon. The airport is 20 minutes away.
                      Now tell me how long does it take to pack two small carry-on bags.
                      I let rip to Mr. JC just before we left the house.

However she missed a fab dinner and a wonderful afternoon back at my Aunt's house. Her loss.

TBH I dunno what to do. Do we say something or just let it go.
                      Last edited by JackieClaire; December 2, 2019, 05:25 AM.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh in my opinion I would let it go...did he come? I don't get involved with 'in-laws' they don't like me? Fine..once they like my sprog!! But that's just my opinion as always!! Xx

Comment

Evening All,
                          Was it a one-off JC? Or is this a regular thing? If it's going to be an ongoing thing might be worth a word. Start as you mean to go on as they say. 17 sleeps until holidays. I'm trying to resist the urge to make a great big fat list of things to do.

Better have a good old read back I think.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Oh in my opinion I would let it go...did he come? I don't get involved with 'in-laws' they don't like me? Fine..once they like my sprog!! But that's just my opinion as always!! Xx
                            The S&H was at work. Trouble is she more or less lived here for the first 7 years. a) I can cook b) we let them share the same bed c) if it hadn't been for a hefty cheque from Mr JC's Ma & Pa they wouldn't have been able to buy the nice detached house they now have d) the Aunt I'm talking about is only 12 years older than me. We're very close. e) Mr JC coached her through her law exams
                            We have had two glasses of water.
                            I can feel the resentment oozing out of my pores.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            Evening All,
                            Was it a one-off JC? Or is this a regular thing? If it's going to be an ongoing thing might be worth a word. Start as you mean to go on as they say. 17 sleeps until holidays. I'm trying to resist the urge to make a great big fat list of things to do.
                            Better have a good old read back I think.
                            Bridgeee, last Chrimbo she didn't even take her coat off when she opened her presents as she had to dash to her mothers as her brother was home..............he was home for 3 weeks. He lives in Mexico and guess what they're off to spend two weeks with him next year. The S&H eats here as her mother makes everything out of packets or microwaved...........even the potatoes. He was horrified............tbh don't think he'd ever seen potatoes that came out of a packet.

You know I wouldn't be so angry but it really hurt Mr JC.

Now I'm going to let it go, let it go, let it goooooooooooooooooooo until the New Year. Then the shit will hit the fan .
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              Well that is truly international!! Hi everyone!
                              As regards Brew City Slo...I remember years ago in the States an American lad telling me that Americans rarely do all their drinking in public..it's not considered the done thing and that there's a lot of home drinking on the quiet...Would that generally be the case i wonder?
                              Yes, I would say that was generally the case, and probably especially in states with “blue laws” that restrict the sale of alcohol. But not so much here in Brew City in Wisconsin! This state had a big beer brewing industry; and lots of drinking in taverns (pubs) as part of its culture; drinking is a big part of most social occasions, and binge drinking is accepted & expected. (“Drink Wisconsinbly” is emblazoned on our T-shirts: it means to binge drink, and is a riff off an ad campaign that tells us to “Drink Responsibly”.) So it has been more like Ireland here. But the other states are catching up!
                              Last edited by Slo; December 2, 2019, 08:57 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                              X