Pavati has 6 years!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pavati has 6 years!!

Congratulations on your 6 years sober!! A wonderful person you are and I'm so happy you're still here giving encouragement and support,hope you have a fabulous SOBER day( I know you like that one)
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: Pavati has 6 years!!

I always admire how you stay sober despite a stressful, demanding job and a very active social life! I look to you for tips on how to de-stress and how to navigate boozy social gatherings. A sober life feels possible to me because you have shown the way. Congratulations, Pav! And thanks for sharing your journey and lending support here.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Big congrats Pav! Great work! Xxx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Pav, happy 6th birthday, i hope you have the bestest day ever. Who would have thought that we came on here scared, confused and angry, sad, resentful to be happy, content and definitely sober.

I knew i had to keep following in your footsteps no matter what and i leant on you when i didnt think i could do it anymore, i just thought, if you could get through the day then i surely could too. You go me through a lot of days in the beginning when i thought i could not make it and your determination helped me along the way. There is a lot to be said for a quit twin.

Take care and love and hugs for your special day xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Wowza Pavi!

You raaawk! Your presence here is special and much valued. Thanks mi amiga. That is all. :balloons::llama::dancin:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'm running out of flour

Absolutely fabulous to see you with six years alcohol free. Be very proud. :hug:
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Who would have thought that addiction (or, rather, kicking one!) would have brought us together? Apparently there can be silver linings to what seem like the worst that could happen. I’m so happy for you. Thanks for staying involved. xx, NS

Comment

CONGRATS PAV ON 6 YEARS AF :welldone:
                Last edited by Lavande; December 2, 2019, 06:36 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pav on 6 years!!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Whooot! Pav, I’m so proud of you I could just bust! I spotted you as a winner right from the start! Thank you for all you do around here, MWO is a better place because of all you contribute to it!
                    I hate that our paths had to cross like this, but lucky for me they did! Well done! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

A big Congratulations on your 6 years of freedom, Pav! I want to thank you for your continuous support and belief in me these past years. I agree with what NS said above.. it is a great silver lining to have gotten to know you through kicking this addiction. I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating! Hugs and love to you..:love:

Comment

Congrats on 6 years! What an amazing accomplishment! :welldone:

Comment

Thanks everyone. Of course I wouldn't be here without you all. Thanks MWOers - grateful to be here!

Comment

congratulations on 6 years Pav ...well done to you..I think you have done exactly what most of us have done..minimise it to others ..ie oh I thought it might get out of hand I could see I was drinking a bit too much at times ..when in reality we are slurping a vineyard on a daily basis .I think we are true in detail with each other here ..after all none of us are here because we had a glass of sherry every xmas,and therefore us and us alone know the struggles trials etc that you went thru.
                            well done
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Nice post Michael ....
                              and many congratulations to you Pav .... - 6 years inkele:

Comment

Working...
                              X