Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dec 8

MAE ALL...

Kicking off this weeks thread, coffee all around. Snow has stopped for the moment so going to brush off the car before it starts again.

Have a great Sunday all, will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Re: Dec 8

morning all,
    got the xmas flu, its a lovely gift, I gave it to the wife and my co-worker. Its the gift that keeps on giving.

hope everyone is healthier than here!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sam...at least you still have your sense of humor. Wishing you and yours a quick recovery....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Feel better Sam! Hi PQ and the gang
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiall ...was out detecting today ...the weather was pretty brutal up here today ,but down in Lincs there was sun and wind ..And yes I found a large quantity of medieval buggerall,,twas a day out that was about it ,,but enjoyable

cheers for starting the fred ppqp

get better sam ...and stop giving things away ...sell them..

big shout to everyone else

My best mate's wife was pregnant and he asked me to be godfather.

So I threatened his family and killed his horse.

Met the girlfriends parents for the first time last week, they said "our home is your home. So I sold it ..

FEATURE: Try our delicious "Thursday Sandwich"
          Take 2 pieces of stale bread, sandwich with 1 frozen burger, fried over a calor gas stove, top with 1/2 a Baby Bell from the bottom of the fridge and smear on a little scraped marmalade and french mustard. Serve with a suspiciously grey pickled gherkin and a cup of tepid tea.
          For more recipes search #IDon'tGetPaidTilFriday.

After a 12 hour shift on the checkout, there's nothing I like more, to take my mind off it, than going home for a good session of Atari Ping Pong.

"It's yer pipes guv, completely knackered in my opinion. I've never seen so much crap in there in me life!"
          I'm beginning to suspect my Proctologist isn't fully qualified.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Sam, so sorry - feel better as soon as you can, it can take some time... good luck!

Mick, wow, that sound like a find bunch of "finds" - glad you could get out.

PPQ, snowy yet? I'm sure the next wave is coming, good luck.

Hiya Pauly!

Lav, I love the little treat that you take to the chickens! I'm sure you get attached to you brood - congrats on keeping them all well and happy (and warm).

Det, hope all is well.

I feel slightly encouraged about the no-see-ums... I did another huge cleaning today... hopefully I will not have to do that deep clean over and over soon... the welts are receding (don't want to jinx it!)

I'm off on a journey north to work tomorrow... may not get to post, so cheers for the next few days!

Stay warm and be well all -

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I’m baking again tonight just for the heck of it & it’s a good excuse not to do anything else, haha!!

PQ, glad you had a snow break today, geez. I hope it doesn’t pile up too high!

Hey Sam, sorry you got hit with the virus, I hope everyone feels better soon!!!

Pauly, hello to you & I hope you had a good day!

Mick, can’t wait to hear what you collected today

Cyn, I am happy you are getting some relief, finally! Good luck this week

Have a nice night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

who wee, getting better, thank you all for the well wishes.

it has been a couple of awful days and thank goodness for my son and daughter being around. I don't do flu shots but wonder if any of you all get them?
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam glad you're feeling a bit better,said on the news that the flu season started early this year,Cyn hope the welts go away and don't return! I'm sure your deep cleaning has helped but I'm still curious what it was that's annoying for you to not know,Lav,I haven't baked anything yet I suppose we will once it gets closer to Christmas,Mick hope all is well with you,PQ,how's your son feeling? Wishing us all a great BF Monday!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all...well just posted but it isnt showing and not recovering either,dont know wats happening but it has gorn.how are we all then ?good I hope...think overdid it a bit yesterday detecting,,,shoulder is aching a bit today.A cold crisp day today,but lovely and dry .
                    Sam glad you are getting better ..no I dont get the flu jab .
                    Hi Pauly how are you today then hope things are better for you yep is the start of the coughs and sneezes season so please take care
                    Hiya ppqp how's things with you today how's your son doing ? but also you.hope all is well
                    Just found out yet again the internet and gone down so I am now doing this on my phone
                    Hello tree girl how are you today how is life with the no-see-ums fingers crossed things are on the mend and you can get rid of the Itchy scratch stick
                    Hiya lav how are you then today ? Hope all is well 3 days left till our election you can't believe just exactly how excited I am I've never been so excited since I broke my leg it doesn't really matter who wins one party is led by a terrorist loving non starter the other by a trump loving buffoon so let's see what the wind blows
                    Great books if I can get on the internet later on I'll put some jokes up at the moment it's just me and the little ole screen take care
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Rain all day as was promised. I put the soaking wet chickens with the muddy feet to bed early. Dumb birds just stand out in the cold rain, Lol
                      Now they’re talking about snow on Wednesday, oh joy.

Hey Sam, glad you are surviving.
                      I never bothered with a flu shot until the last time I actually got the flu & missed a week of work. I got into trouble because the flu shorts were mandatory at the hospital where I worked. SO, from then on I have gotten a flu shot every year & guess what? I haven’t gotten the flu!!! Feel better soon!

Pauly, the only reason I start this early on the cookies is because I like a big variety - something for everyone

Mick, take care of that shoulder now. You want to be in good shape for your Christmas trip.

Hello to PQ, Cyn & Det!

I have some cookie dough sitting in the fridge waiting to be baked,
                      Have a nice night all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...glad you're on the mend. I never used to get the flu shot until one year the strain involved respiratory issues and with my copd I bit the bullet. Have gotten one every year since.

Pauly...son is doing much better. Thankfully he is not bipolar and the meds he's on has calmed him down so we're all sleeping better now.

Mick...you take it easy on that shoulder and let it heal properly. It was a cold, crisp and snowy day today. Snow off and on all week so I guess winter is here to stay. As I told Pauly, son is doing much better. The doc figures it's more of a situational depression/anxiety probably due to him having to get all his "stuff" off his property in Strathmore. He took the county to court and lost so now he has to follow the rules like everyone else. I'm doing much better and things are calm at work. Wonder if anything is ever going to come of this.

Lav...gotta say rain would really suck right about now. It warmed up just enough for all the slush to reappear and driving was interesting. Watching people trying to turn and then getting sucked into the ditch. I really can't remember the last time I had the flu or even a cold for that matter. Let it be known, I am not a baker. Can hardly master cooking. LOL

TG...not jinxing it but fingers crossed.

Leftovers for supper tonight so easy peazy. Time to get into jammies and get comfortable. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Well, it was 4+ hours of driving in the "driving" rain yesterday, plus working on my client papers so that they could get ready for their tax accountant. Lovely. I was so spent when I got home I couldn't even think about eating dinner! Hubs ran out and got an (organic) rotisserie chicken, which plus some roasted carrots from a day ago saved us.

Mick, sorry about the sore arm - do take care! I hope your iffy internet decides to come to work today! I have lot posts and had the auto-save go awol too, frustrating. Wishing you .another crisp day.

Lav, you baking fiend! Sounds great. BTW, I went back to that non-dairy baking site, and there are SO many great options. After T-giving, I made the coconut cream version of the pumpkin pie - holy cow, so much better than the oroginal version. Next I'll try it with the pecan crust so I can eat the crust too. Thanks again for sharing that! Happy baking today, and hope the chickens got dry eventually.

PPQ, glad to hear about your son, I hope everything turns out OK. Depression is hard to live with, inside oneself or when it's in the house. Glad to hear it is quiet at work, enjoy it while it lasts!

Pauly, thanks for the good wishes. I am still itching, but the bite areas seem to be going away. I am pretty sure at this point that the bugs were leaf mites - they are very hard to see with the naked eye. I was walking the dog out in the back of the building all fall, and (due to my dogs constant diarrhea at that point ) I was in contact with leaves all the time (covering up so no one would step in it!) sorry, TMI. Or from sitting on the porch, whichever. I remember thinking that the leaves looked pretty weird, with strange spots on them... oh well! Live and learn! Hopefully all this is in the past.

Sam, glad to hear that you are a bit better. I don't usually get the shots - my husband does, but even so he seems to be able to catch the strain that wasn't covered by the shot -- hard to tell. Probably good to do on balance...

Det - hope all is well in Det-land.

May we be well --

Well, working from home today, lucky me! Sounds like snow may be coming tomorrow, and that is OK by me. Be well all -

Comment

morning all how are we today then? hope all is well We are in the middle of storm Brenda think its called..looking at plenty of rain and up to 100mph winds.Yesterday we had no internet ,and no automatic heating etc..strange how quickly we rely on the internet.And of course we have the ongoing saga of the election ..yesterday proved another circus for us ..and with all thats going on in the world and at home guesswhat the topic of conversation was today? The programme .."Strictly come dancing "on of the judges said .."its not over till the fat lady sings"and now they want to ban it saying its improper to use the word fat...really is that all we have to worry about ..
                            Shoulder has been playing up ..madam has decreed I am not going metal detecting..my shoulder was creasing me last night
                            Anyway ..brew time

hiya Lav how are you doing?hope all is well ..I think your chickens have the same brain pattern as my rabbits zilch now as for cookie dough ..I bought some cookie dough kit kats today..Ive only had 4 of them.(so far..)

hiya ppqp how are you ? glad son is feeling better and that he isnt bipolar...good tea was it?easy peasy lemon squeezy..as for cooking ..Im quite adept at turning the dial on the oven and also listening for the chicken ding.

hiya tee gee you ok hope so ..

sam hope you are better we have hospitals on black alert here cos the hospitals cant cope.

hi pauly hows you then today..hope all is good with you .

Ooyah bu..... - YouTube

IRN-SCREW - GET SOME IRN IN YOU - YouTube

IRN-HAIRDO - GET SOME IRN IN YOU - YouTube

I'm buying my Girlfriend a new dressing gown for Christmas.

She's not showing me up in Wetherspoons with that tatty old one again.

I'm opening a hair salon exclusively for conservative voters .

I'm calling it Tory cuts.

Conservative supporters said "the picture of the boy with pneumonia on the hospital floor in Leeds is fake"

That's fine then I'm sure he can be treated in one of Boris's imaginary 40 hospitals and by his imaginary new doctors and nurses.

Last weekend's "Big Sleepout" in which thousands of Brits spent a night on the streets in support of homeless charities has been hailed a huge success.
                            The Tory government have claimed credit saying that, without them, nobody would have been on the streets at all that night.

Niko Brenner, a German Rapper, has blown half his head off from an explosion while cooking drugs in his basement.

Luckily it shouldn't effect his career.

The World Anti Doping Agency ban on Russia has come too late to prevent their nefarious interference in the UK election process. Expectations are therefore high that one of two dopes will ascend to the summit of the Westminster greasy pole sometime on Friday morning.

Russian players who have passed drugs tests will be allowed to take part in the next world cup say FIFA but not as Russia .

Perhaps an alternative name could be St cheatersburg

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

So today the president was charged with abuse of powers & Congressional obstruction!!!!
                              The Republicans have their panties in a twist & are crying like a bunch of babies, haha! This is a dream come true for the majority of us

More rain today & now waiting for snow to start but it won’t be much, so they say. I spent the day making pillows for a lady who ordered them at the last craft show. No cookie baking today but I will eat a few later

PQ, glad the week is starting off on a quieter foot this week.
                              Great news about your son, I hope he feels better soon. I have to agree with you, rain on top of snow can be nasty for driving. Take care out there!

Cyn, after all this time I’m still thrilled to find a new dairy free cooking/baking recipe. Lately when I need a replacement for cream/evaporated milk I have been stirring a few Tbsp of tapioca flour into a cup of almond milk & the results are perfect for pumpkin pie, mushroom soup, etc.
                              Sorry you had such a long hard day yesterday, geez!

Milk, I hope you were able to hang onto your wig in all that wind today, Lol
                              Tell Julie I think she should tie you to a chair to preserve that arm You don’t really want to be hurting on vacation, do you?.
                              I noticed most of the chickens did not stand out in the rain today like a bunch of idiots.

Hello to Pauly & Det - hope you are doing well. Sam, same to you!

Have a nice night everyone.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X