dec 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dec 15

hiya all how are we today then?all good ..tried to snow here last night ,turned to rain today..never went metal detecting ,imagine if i had done my shoulder ..Id never have heard the end of it far less anything else..Cases now out of the loft ,on packing cycle1.... Also did a bit on the railway this morning ..we now have an avenueof trees at the side of a walled track ,and at the botttom is a ridingschool ..with a ploughed and planted field in front of it ..

20191215_121022.jpg

20191215_121059.jpg

20191215_121111.jpg

20191215_121148.jpg

hope everyone has a good weekend
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: dec 15

MAE ALL...

Mick...was wondering when those cases would make an appearance. You can definitely tell you enjoy doing the scenery work on your railway. You are soon going to run out of room! Was out with 1,000 of my closest friends in the mall yesterday, everybody seemed to be in a grumpy mood. LOL Christmas chores are done and looking forward to a quiet work week ahead.

Have a Super Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Mick, your city is really taking shape, great work!!!!
      I’m happy to hear you choose to stay inside & safe today, good choice. Enjoy the packing, always the worst part of a trip for me, haha!

PQ, glad you survived the mall, haha! I hate those places anymore ~ too peopley for me. I am becoming a regular old recluse I think. I hope this coming work week is easy & peaceful.

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie who should check in & let us know she’s OK

I have a bowl full of almond flavor pizzelle batter chilling in the fridge. Now seems like a good time to bake them, yum.
      Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I miss Pie, wonder how she's doing? Hope everyone has a had a good day, was waiting for the new thread to be posted this morning, will see you all on the flip side
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning asll how are we today then?good hopefully .I was panicking a bit about Jeeves last night ..he wouldnt eat..even treats when I tried to feed him...I had visions of the vets today...but this morning he was chopmping for fun..the little git ..you know what it was?he had a sulk on because I dismantled their hideaways in the garage ..why?because he wouldnt let her in and chased her ...and yet they will sit and groom and eat together ..so he took a sulky on !!Had to go and buy some morewalking sandals this morning ..my old ones are shot ...only had them 14 years..Almost brand new ...trouble is they were really comfy .This time next week we will be in the sun..you watch ..itll be storms haha

hiya pauly you good girl?hope so.hows work is it still as mad?

hiya Lav ..you ok?I write a list of what Im taking and then narrow it down ..or build it up...every piece of junk you dont need! yep I stayed home it was hammering down here and yet where I was going was real sunny.If you go on to you tube type in metal detecting in Pennsylvania there is quit a bit on it ..and also if you do the same on dr goggle .A lot of George 2nd/3rd british copper coins ..obviously from when we had a bit of a scrap and parted company .

hiya ppqp you ok?hope so ..yep I like doing the scenery..Ill get better as time goes on. you at work today?hope its ok .

big shout to everyone else

I accidentally dialed 999 from my mobile phone last night.

So I set my house on fire so I wouldn't look stupid.

Secret Russian plan to fix UK election in total confusion after key player named Boris.

An unnamed bidder at Sotheby's has paid £137,500 for a pair of John Lennon's glasses.

He should have gone to Specsavers.

Dear Nicola Sturgeon,
          Keep up the good work hen.
          Yours,
          England.

I had to take the batteries out of my carbon monoxide alarm.

The loud beeping was giving me a headache and making me feel sick and dizzy.

When out driving my wife always moans about which ever route I take, she loves to tell me which way I should have gone, especially if we get stuck in traffic ..I call it SatNag

A simple BASIC computer programme to help you deal with Monday morning.

10 Wake up
          20 Rub eyes, scratch arse (in that order)
          30 Think “WTF”
          30 Go back to sleep
          40 Wait at least 60 minutes.
          50 GOTO 10

"I can't let you through customs."

"Why not?"

"Your passport's out of date."

"That's ok, so am I."
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Quick pop in, tired this morning and like the joke went back to 10 haha, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Carppy day here weather wise. Overnight snow covering followed by a half a ton of rain & now it’s below freezing out there so......
              The let the kids out of school 2 hours early because all the kids are bussed around here & it’s dangerous on these little narrow country roads.
              But, I am entertaining myself baking Kolaczki - Polish filled cookies. I made an awesome apricot filling for them, yum

Det, saw your post on last week’s thread. The ornament is beautiful, perfect gift for you!
              Have fun & be careful up on the roof especially if it’s windy dude.

Pauly, I think I caught your sleeplessness. The past two nights have been bizarre for me, haha! Hope you found some energy today.

Mick, I didn’t know rabbits pouted although the dog & the cat around here certainly are capable. Maybe you can bribe him in the future, Lol
              I know my grandson has found you tube videos on detecting. Kids spend a whole lot of time on you tube these days. He will be thrilled if he finds anything of value.

Hello to Cyn, how’s your NY weather?

Hey there PQ!

Sam, you getting this weather too?

Have a nice night everyone.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I love the fact that Jeeves had a sulk on. Thought it might have been the appearance of the holiday cases! I hear you about the walking sandals. I find a pair of shoes that fit and I'll wear them till they fall apart. I hate shoe shopping! I don't see how you can get any better at scenery, everything looks fab as it is. Yup work today, last week till the 2 week break. It was a good day, boss went out to shovel snow off the outdoor rink and never reappeared. Man, he's away more often than my old boss going through cancer treatment!

Pauly...hope you were able to get some energy. Do you take any time off over the holidays? I miss Pie too...hopefully she'll pop in soon.

Det...I too read your post on last weeks thread and concur with Lav, great Christmas tree ornament.

Lav...sounds like you got a sample of my weather. However we have entered into another chinook so the next few days will be way above normal, up into the double digits. Will make everyone's last minute running around a lot less stressful. As long as I'm not buying outdoor snow needed presents I'm quite happy to have a brown Christmas. LOL Had to google Kolaczki cookies, they look yummy!

I've had a request to make perogies for dinner so must get started. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQ

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick interesting voice clip PQ, i do the same with shoes but my right foot was getting so sore from my favorite shoes id wear over and over so i finally just had to retire them over the weekend, maybe ill still wear them here and there but not everyday like i was, theyre in great shape on the top just lack of tread on the bottom messed me up, Lav, your little cookies looked good Cyn, hope all is well, are you feeling better? Det I'll hafta go check oit the ornament on last week's thread, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Comment

mae all how are we today then?all doing well I hope..cold n frosty again ,started sorting my stuff out for holiday ..in fact Im nearly finished,,,watching the wildlife in he back fields ...4 pheasants and 3 deer..oh and both rabbits are cuddled up to each other.

hiya ppqpq...how are you today then? hope all is well with you was the snow that bad that your boss disappeared.and you are into helicopter weather again

hiya pauly ..you ok?still tired?go back to 10!!

hiya Lav ..hows you then?all ok?Ive had Kolaczi before ...there is a Polski schlepp in town ..the ones I had ..had raspberry and cream in them...I also like polish sausage too. hope your gs finds something tho I would guess from location it will be of historical rather than financial ..unless its a big chunk of yeller metal. Looking at where you are..there are a lot of English place names ..Oxford Lancaster York Carlisle etc ...which was obviously settled by English..in addition there are a lot of German place names so that was obviously a lot of settlers so there is a chance of finding stuff from them .In addition you have the civil war sites ,ok you cant search them ,but think about it most of the troops were normal guys called up to fight ..so you would take your riches with you ..but logically ..you know you are going into battle you stash your stuff to collect later you dont take the chance of losing it all on the battlefield ..plus the regiments didnt just jump on a bus to Gettysburg etc they marched in convoyetc ..so there would be ovenight camps and daystops on the way. look at for instance this report on gettysberg..look at the place names ,the routes etc

Description: Gen. Robert E. Lee concentrated his full strength against Maj. Gen. George G. Meade’s Army of the Potomac at the crossroads county seat of Gettysburg. On July 1, Confederate forces converged on the town from west and north, driving Union defenders back through the streets to Cemetery Hill. During the night, reinforcements arrived for both sides. On July 2, Lee attempted to envelop the Federals, first striking the Union left flank at the Peach Orchard, Wheatfield, Devil’s Den, and the Round Tops with Longstreet’s and Hill’s divisions, and then attacking the Union right at Culp’s and East Cemetery Hills with Ewell’s divisions.

By evening, the Federals retained Little Round Top and had repulsed most of Ewell’s men. During the morning of July 3, the Confederate infantry were driven from their last toe-hold on Culp’s Hill. In the afternoon, after a preliminary artillery bombardment, Lee attacked the Union center on Cemetery Ridge. The Pickett-Pettigrew assault (more popularly, Pickett’s Charge) momentarily pierced the Union line but was driven back with severe casualties. Stuart’s cavalry attempted to gain the Union rear but was repulsed. On July 4, Lee began withdrawing his army toward Williamsport on the Potomac River. His train of wounded stretched more than fourteen miles.

I find the history interesting too..anyway best of luck ...from the recorder player!!

big hello to everyone else ..

A lorry loaded with Brussels sprouts has overturned in Fife.

The driver said he had trouble controlling the vehicle due to bad wind.

"Unexpected item in bagging area"

Every time I try to buy supermarket fruit or veg in Glasgow!

To all the remoaners upset about Brexit look on the bright side.

You have still got the Eurovision song contest to look forward to.

A man jumped off our office block roof earlier.

I'm still in shock.

He managed to land exactly within the white chalk lines.

I'm in big fcking trouble when every fkr finds out I really don't have fcking Tourette's..

It's that time of year when it's just cold enough to draw dcks on people's car windows!!

A Lorry loaded with Onions has overturned on the Motorway.

Police are urging drivers to find a hard shoulder to cry on.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad the bunnies are friends again, taking away the hideaways in the garage appears to have been a good idea. LOL Ah...thoughts of losing the boss in a snowbank. LOL Beautiful weather here, 43F. Another quiet and calm day a work. We're having an Xmas lunch tomorrow for the bridge group so I'll be busy eating and playing cards. This week can't go fast enough.

Pauly...the tread is a little more expensive to replace as opposed to just slipping in an insert. I really should buy 2 pairs at a time when I find a good fit. Hope you had a good Tuesday.

Lav...did the weather smarten up at all? We are not expecting to have any more snow till after Christmas. YAY!

Decided I wanted a roast for supper, got to build up the iron, so I'm off to the kitchen. Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greeting Abbers,

Suddenly there’s not enough time in a day to get everything done that I want to get done, haha! I think I just want to do too much!
                        I enjoy putting on the christmas festivities around here, especially now that I am unemployed. Maybe I’m just moving too slow, Lol

PQ, you deserve a weather break to get your shopping & whatever done. Glad you got one
                        I think I will be making perogies this weekend & freezing them for Christmas. If you want to spoil folks, here’s that cookie recipe: https://polishhousewife.com/kolaczki/print/6795/

Pauly, I made a small batch of fig & persimmon filling this morning so I could use up the rest of that cookie dough, yum.
                        Remember when I had the stress fracture in my left foot about 6 years ago? Yeah, it still hurts sometimes in certain shoes, ugh.

Mick, I loved your recording this morning. What a special way to wake up, haha!! Thanks!
                        We do have quite a bit of history here in good old PA. So does Sam in VA. I bet he could find a lot with a metal detector.

Hello to Cyn & Det, hope you are both well.

OK, the gingerbread boys want to hop in the oven so I better get moving.
                        Have a good night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? good I hope ..bought another backpack yesterday ....can get lots in it ..ideal for cabin luggage on the plane and also bimbling about walking abroad. Ive also downloaded a shed full of books for holiday.Rabbits are doing ok together ..no dramas there ...they are off to holidaysville on sunday.Thewy reckon it was 40 degrees in Australia yesterday..bit of a difference to our 3..
                          brew time ..

hiya ppqp..well how are you then today?hows the bridge club doing today then?are we all good?Xmas dinner and cards???a result for today then!!hope you win ..

hiya Lav...wrong you aint unemployed ..you are just employed in a different capacity .glad you enjoyed the recording!yes ,there is a massive swathe of history where you are,all the way down to Wilmington and beyond.See your politcal playtime is happening too. Emm peach springs to mind ...

hiya everyone else hope you are all ok wherever you are

I'm writing a book about the best restaurants in Scotland.

I'm going to call it Those Magnificent Men and Their Frying Machines.

Q: What go's peck peck Bang, peck peck Bang...?
                          A: A flock of chickens in a mine field!

Awesome Sports Quotes
                          "Last year we couldn't win at home and we were losing on the road. My failure as a coach was that I couldn't think of anyplace else to play".
                          - Harry Neale, professional hockey coach

"Blind people come to the ballpark just to listen to him pitch".
                          - Reggie Jackson commenting on Tom Seaver

"I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect".
                          - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer".
                          - Mickey Lolich, Detroit Tigers Pitcher

"When it's third and ten, you can have the milk drinkers; I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time".
                          - Max McGee, Green Bay Packers receiver

"I found out that it's not good to talk about my troubles. Eighty percent of the people who hear them don't care and the other twenty percent are glad you're having them".
                          - Tommy LaSorda, LA Dodgers manager

"My knees look like they lost a knife fight with a midget".
                          - E.J. Holub, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker regarding his 12 knee operations

"My theory is that if you buy an ice-cream cone and make it hit your mouth, you can learn to play tennis. If you stick it on your forehead, your chances aren't as good".
                          - Vic Braden, tennis instructor

"When they operated, I told them to add in a Koufax fastball. They did – but unfortunately it was Mrs Koufax's".
                          - Tommy John N.Y. Yankees, recalling his 1974 arm surgery

"I don't know. I only played there for nine years".
                          - Walt Garrison, Dallas Cowboys fullback when asked if Tom Landry ever smiles

"We were tipping off our plays. Whenever we broke from the huddle, three backs were laughing and one was pale as a ghost".
                          - John Breen, Houston Oilers

"The film looks suspiciously like the game itself".
                          - Bum Phillips, New Orleans Saints, after viewing a lopsided loss to the Atlanta Falcons

"When I'm on the road, my greatest ambition is to get a standing boo".
                          - Al Hrabosky, major league relief pitcher

"I have discovered in 20 years of moving around the ball park, that the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats".
                          - Bill Veeck, Chicago White Sox owner

"Because if it didn't work out, I didn't want to blow the whole day".
                          - Paul Horning, Green Bay Packers running back on why his marriage ceremony was before noon.

"I have a lifetime contract. That means I can't be fired during the third quarter if we're ahead and moving the ball".
                          - Lou Holtz, Arkansas football coach

"I won't know until my barber tells me on Monday".
                          - Knute Rockne, when asked why Notre Dame had lost a game

"I tell him 'Attaway to hit, George'".
                          - Jim Frey, K.C. Royals manager when asked what advice he gives George Brett on hitting

"I learned a long time ago that 'minor surgery' is when they do the operation on someone else, not you".
                          - Bill Walton, Portland Trial Blazers

"Our biggest concern this season will be diaper rash".
                          - George MacIntyre, Vanderbilt football coach surveying the team roster that included 26 freshmen and 25 sophomores.

"The only difference between me and General Custer is that I have to watch the films on Sunday".
                          - Rick Venturi, Northwestern football coach

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ hope you get another warmish day today Lav, you have been busy, busy, Mick nice score on the new backpack, they can be pretty pricey that's for sure, Lb comes tonight woo-hoo! Had a dream i was making cookies in a dirty bowl but fir some reason I didn't care in my dream, gave hubs a cookie and it had hair in it-gross! Dreams can be soooooo weird! Much love to all and wishes for great BF Wednesday
                            Last edited by paulywogg; December 18, 2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Wow, we went to leave greenery at the relatives graves today & it was cold!!!! We stopped & had lunch with our daughter who happened to be off today. Stopped at Costco for gas & a few things on the way back. Mixed up the last batch of cookie dough & heated up leftovers for dinner, haha! No wonder I’m tired.

So PQ, the rain finally went away, the sun came out today but it got much colder. We drove thru a snow squall on the way home. I was hoping see a SNOWbow afterwards, Lol
                              Sorry for confusing you about a package delivery. My stupid mail program has been so screwed up since their big update earlier this year. I hope they get it fixed soon
                              Hope your day was good!

Pauly, please do not send me any hairy cookies, haha!!!

Mick, I did wtach some of the impeachment hearing when I got home. It’s just freaking amazing that a Democrat can stand & list the crimes & the evidence of such committed by #45 & a Republican can stand there & say there is no crime, no evidence, this is a witch hunt, haha!!! We all know he’s guilty as hell & needs to pay.
                              I hope your bunnies have fun on their vacation & you as well

Hello to Cyn & Det.

Have a nice night everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X