Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29 Dec

MAE ALL...

Yesterday just got away from me. Spent the day cleaning the oven, and I mean the day! Will read back and pop in later....:smile:PPQP:

Re: 29 Dec

Mae everybody, thanks for the kickoff PQ, hey come clean my oven hahaha! I don't think I've cleaned it since I bought it a few years back, I hate cleaning wish I was one of those "oh cleaning helps me stay calm" or "cleaning gives me energy" nope cleaning stresses me out! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday back later
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

how do all,
      rainy day here but not cold. good day for snoozing. The wife has had 2 bouts of flu, and she deservedly is sleeping away.

PQ, that must have been a very dirty oven! Usually before Xmas we do a total house clean, this year we're just half way through because of all the fluness. (autocorrect doesn't like me)
      Pauly, you, zen, and cleaning, be one with the broom!!

out to feed, hope3 everyone enjoys their day
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Evening all..well that's it job done home Tomorrow..roll on the next one!!��hope all are well. Ppqp...I hate to tell you this but when I clean a cooker..I strip it out completely and clean it. I find it therapeutic..yep lmao nutso..but from grease to shiny shiny its ace.that goes back to when I was in quarters in the army. Before you moved or marched out everything and I mean everything was checked..the cooker and oven were white gloved.if anything showed up you were presented with a cleaning bill!!! 28 degrees here today...6 back home tomorrow
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Rain here as well but it’s not super cold.
          My younger grandson decided to join us for dinner, now he’s playing Roblox on my laptop. I think that’s the real reason he wanted to come over, haha!!

Mick, wishing you a safe journey home!!!

Sam, sorry you guys are still dealing with flu, ugh! YB got it too last week despite having the flu vaccine. We got him on Tamiflu right away & it worked like a miracle. Hope you’re all better soon!!

PQ & Pauly - you girls need self cleaning ovens. I have 2 of them in my kitchen & I wouldn’t do without anymore. Puts a hit on your electric bill but it’s worth your time & sanity!!!!

Hello to Cyn & Det, hope you are both well.

Have a nice night everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just leaving for the airport now
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, safe travels Mick Sam, sorry you two have been sick for so long-just awful! Healing vibes sent your way, Lav, glad you got to spend time with your grandson, sometimes that one on one is really nice PQ, I'll bet it feels nice to have a fresh start with a clean oven for the new year, started on my bedroom closet and I can see the floor again after having Christmas presents stacked in there for so long yay! Also found a wrapped one for Lou he'll be excited(although it feels like clothes so maybe not)Cyn hope all is well with you and your family when/where is it you're thinking of relocating to? Waves to Det, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday for us all!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I think I'll pass on the oven cleaning. I do feel like I've accomplished a major tasks when it's done though. My coworker is one of those "cleaning helps me think" She can spend an hour dusting her desk! My attitude...if I don't do it at home I'm not doing it at work! That's the cleaning staff's job.

Sam...hope everyone is on the mend, you sure got hit with it. Yes, it was a very dirty oven. My stove is 20 years old. I'm surprised it still works. I can't get the door off so have to bend over to get to the back of it. And with the fumes it takes a lot out of me. So I do it in stages. Picture it all in little boxes and just tackle one at a time. Something I learned from Mick. LOL

Mick...I had no doubt about your oven cleaning regime. LOL Hope you're prepared for the climate change and that you have a safe trip home. Seems like you left only yesterday.

Lav...not going to comment on the weather as I don't want to jinx it. LOL TWO self cleaning ovens, boy are you spoiled. LOL Actually I'd gladly clean an oven if I could have a dishwasher! I have never had one. Any reason to have your grandson works for me.

Det...I'm waving along with Pauly.

I like this 12 days of Christmas as I'm off all this week. :yay: Have a great Monday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

We’ve been on the road again... left yesterday morning at 7:00 AM to: go to our old town and drop off the dog for an overnight stay, then see many dear friends around where we used to live, then up further north to help the friends that are moving, then to dinner and overnight with other friends who live on a lake on the middle of nowhere. All was going OK until an ice storm moved in and prevented us from leaving this morning... we actually slid backwards on a gravel road! Fortunately got turned around and went back to our host’s, who called a road guy who came and dropped sand. We then had a hair raising but OK trip back to get the dog and get home. (Kinda sleepy now. And PS, my oven needs cleaning too!)

Mick, hope your travels were OK. Lav, soup, yum. And thx for the info! Pauly, good that you found that present ! PPQ, good job on the oven!! Sam, sending healing wishes to your homestead! Det, hope all is well —

Cheers -

Comment

Greetings friends,

Got to have lunch with 2 old ladies today, haha! We all went to high school together (but technically I was the youngest)
                    Had rain all day but not too awfully cold. Looks like sun until Friday, that’s OK with me.

Mick, hope your trip home was easy!

Pauly, rewrap the shirt or whatever in non-Christmas wrapping, Louie will love getting a gift a week after Christmas.

PQ, glad you are enjoying your week
                    I don’t even know if you can buy non-self cleaning ovens anymore - at least around here. Appliances don’t hold up the way they used to in the old days. The wall oven & microwave unit has already been replaced since we built the house. The stove is a Jenn-Air with a convection oven - looks like hell at this point but still works, haha!!!
                    I hope we both have a lovely weather week!!

Cyn, geez you have quite an adventure! I do not like doing anything on ice, ugh!! Glad you got home safely.
                    Hope your knee is doing a bit better, take care :hug:

Sam, are you guys all better now? Hope so!

Det, are you having fun as usual??

Have a nice night everyone. I have zero plans for the rest of the week so well see what happens.
                    Have a nice night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
                      the wife is finally on the mend, it is the first time I've debated on getting a flu shot. We're planning on doing Xmas tomorrow on new years day.

it is of course that time of year to look back just a smidge and wonder what the heck happened last year. Most of what comes to mind is political so I won't go there, but the most amazing thing to me was seeing pictures of the black hole in space. I've been reading a Stephen Hawking book, explaining the theory of them and I wake up a morning and see a picture of one! very timely. Such a vast unknown out there.

I hope all of you enjoy your new years, see you next year!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam glad you're both on the mend being sick is no joke! Yep huge unknown out there, makes you think Lav, no big plans here either, I'll make some chicken wings and mini cheesecake and that's the excitement for the night, ok by me too, Cyn, wow busy lady you are! PQ, how will you spend NYE? Had one of those bitchy non sleep nights, really irritating when that happens, much love to all and wishes for a great BF NYE for us all!

Comment

Well here we are back in sunny and I mean that .. its sunny Lancashire..hope you are all doing good. Wishing everyone all the best for the new year have a good one folks

What did the the drummer call his twin daughters?Anna one, Anna two!

I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with, but I was tripping all day!

What does a baby computer call his father? Data!

What do you call a bear without any teeth?A gummy bear!

Why did the golfer change his pants? Because he got a hole in one!

Does anyone need an ark?I Noah guy!

How do you make holy water? You boil the hell out of it.

I bought a ceiling fan the other day.Complete waste of money. He just stands there applauding and saying "Ooh, I love how smooth it is."

What do you call a can opener that doesn't work? A can't opener!

How many tickles does it take to tickle an octopus?Tentacles!

What do prisoners use to call each other? Cell phones!

How does Moses make his tea?Hebrews it!

What do you call a hippie's wife? A Mississippi!

What did the duck say when she bought a lipstick? Put it on my bill!

I hate Russian dolls. They're so full of themselves.

What do you call a man with a rubber toe? Roberto!

Where did the computer go dancing? The disc-o!

What do bees do if they need a ride? Wait at the buzz stop!

What do you give to a sick lemon? Lemon aid!

What did the little mountain say to the bigger mountain? Hi Cliff!

What do you call a monkey that loves Doritos? A chipmunk!

Why did the can crusher quit his job? Because it was soda pressing!

Why are there gates around cemeteries? Because people are dying to get in!

What do you call a cow with two legs? Lean beef!

Do you remember that joke I told you about my spine? It was about a weak back!

I just went to an emotional wedding. Even the cake was in tiers.

When's the best time to go to the dentist? Tooth-hurtie!

What do you call a dangerous sun shower? A rain of terror!

Why do seagulls fly over the sea? Because if they flew over the bay, they've bagels!

What do you call a farm that makes bad jokes? Corny!

Why do fish live in salt water? Because pepper makes them sneeze!

What streets to ghosts haunt? Dead ends!

What do you tell actors to break a leg? Because every play has a cast!

What kind of dogs love car racing? Lap dogs!

What did Winnie the Pooh say to his agent? "Show me the honey!"

What do you call birds who stick together? Vel-crows.

Today I gave my dead batteries away. They were free of charge.
                          Last edited by Mick; December 31, 2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...great that you were able to get back and visit with friends, not great that the ice storm hit. I've been on an icy gravel road before, it's deceiving. Good to hear that you got the dog and got home safe and sound.

Lav...glad your weather is holding up, we're sitting around 43F, sunny and no snow. Good idea about re-wrapping in non-Christmas paper for Louie. That's another thing I've never experienced, a convection oven. I agree about the new appliances not standing up as well as they used to. I was house sitting for my brother one time and went to do a load of laundry and couldn't figure out how to start the darn thing. Packed it all up and brought it home to wash. LOL

Sam...glad everyone's feeling better and great idea about doing Xmas on new year's day. Will you be celebrating new year's on Valentines Day? I'm a Hawking's fan as well and remember the pic of one.

Pauly...your new years eve plans sound the same as mine, except instead of chicken wings I'm making mini taco casseroles in muffin tins. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Mick...good to see you're home safe and sound. You've probably been out and about already picking up the peskies. Wishing you and Julie all the best for the new year as well.

Det...wishing you a happy new year as well.

The federal government is implementing a carbon tax in Alberta starting tomorrow. Every gas station in the city is backed up with cars. So glad I filled up on Sunday. LOL Have a great BF New Year's Eve all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good last evening of 2019 everyone

No rain today, partly sunny & 40 something ~ not bad!
                              Did a little extra fluffing of the chicken house bedding so the girls don’t have to start the new year in stinky mode, haha!

Sam, sure glad you guys are recovering. The flu stuff is awful. I firmly believe in getting the flu shot every year, whether it works or not. It does give you ‘some’ immunity. It’s so darn hard to recover from flu after age 50 or so. I hope you enjoy your belated Christmas.

Pauly, honestly, I spent more time awake than asleep last night - who knows? Hoping for some better sleep tonight!

Mick, glad you are home safe & sound. How’s the cranium? Any redness? Lol

PQ, glad your weather is holding up too. Don’t tell anyone, haha!
                              This is the first convection oven I’ve ever had, takes some time getting used to BUT once you get the hang of it, it’s great! Does a wonderful job roasting a turkey or chicken (not one of mine) of course.
                              I hope you have a quiet evening!

Hello to Cyn, Det & Pie ~ wherever you are!

Remember our friend on this thread Chillgirl? Saw her on FB today, she’s celebrating 10 years AF!!!

Wishing everyone peace & happiness going into 2020!!!!!

Lav
                              Last edited by Lavande; December 31, 2019, 06:54 PM.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X