Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
    Reporting in from 2020 where I can assure everyone that all is well here in the future - especially for the sober!
    If you are lurking and wondering if this is the time to change your life for the better - IT IS!!!
    Jump right in and let us help you have a fresh start with the best years of your life ahead.
    Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; December 31, 2019, 08:37 PM.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Count me in. Happy 2020 everybody.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I’m in bed at 8:30 pm so obviously not much celebrating here (thank goodness!).
      Let’s hope for a 2020 full of peace and love throughout the world.
      Knowing all of you has made it seem a smaller, more connected place. xx, NS

Comment

Originally posted by tabbers (a.k.a. Ktab) View Post
        count me in. Happy 2020 everybody.
        yay!
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'm just looking at our stats for the day and see that at this exact time there are almost 500 people browsing this forum. Most are probably feeling as desperate and exhausted as we all were when we each first Googled "Am I an alcoholic?" or similar.
          Maybe you went out last night for New Years Eve and ended up drunk? blacked out? in trouble with police? your family? friends? worse?
          Is this the first time it's happened? Maybe not?
          Do you feel as if you are in slow decline? Rapid decline? Feeling powerless over alcohol or another/mix of substances? Is it wreaking havoc in your life?

A better life awaits on the other side.

See the sober TOOL BOX here: https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...-tool-box.html

Today's the day.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR BRIDGET & ALL TO COME!!!!!

Welcome back me 'ol flower Tabbs. :hug:

Have a bit of flu but still dragging the body to work. So feeling sorry for myself bigtime.
            But as they say - 'what doesn't kill makes you stronger' ....

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

A better life awaits on the other side.

See the sober TOOL BOX here: https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...-tool-box.html

Today's the day.
              Listen to Bridget - she knows what she is talking about. She has the t-shirt.

I stuck my nose in here AGAIN 8 years ago - thinking I could cut back on my drinking & drink like a 'normal' person.
              The thought of not drinking again horrified me. So I made no big declarations & just posted for a few months. I NEVER said 'NEVER AGAIN'.
              But I went with it eventually a year later - best decision of my life.
              It was surprisingly easy once I realised there was life beyond booze.
              I'm a an 'all or nothing' type - so in the end it was much easier all round to just say no to alcohol.

Adjustments around people & places have to be made & learning to be 'selfish' to protect sobriety is all part of it.

Here endeth my very early musings at the start of this new decade :yay:

“Today is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” —Brad Paisley
              Last edited by satz123; January 1, 2020, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Oh and a call out to any of our old Army mates that just want to come in & say hello - lots of you out there & it'd be great to hear from you. All Welcome !!!

Comment

Ok - I'm off to work
                  Much later gaters :horse:

Comment

HALLO! So here we are 2020...only after waking up so...yeah...what Bridgey and benjy say!!!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ��. Wonderful to wake up to this busy thread, thanks Bridget. Wasn’t out too late, 1.30 pick up. Himself going to run up a mountain this morning. Not feeling too energetic so think I’ll do a little pootling. Back in a bit.

Comment

Morning Rusters...now a challenge for us all...was (as Jackie says) doing a big think last night whilst Joe snores like a train.... Sometimes it seems as if MWO is the addicts equivalent of slimming world or the gym...great enthusiasm at start of new year that rapidly declines as the weeks/months go by - now could we be a product of our own success...as in nowadays there are very few newbies or even returnees - could it be that so many in positive recovery is daunting (as well as the mixed messages of this being a way to moderate)....now could we ..or SHOULD we encourage people to come here whilst still drinking....look how many responded to that thread about being here when still drinking? Just a thought...no great ideas yet about how to promote that even...and maybe it would encourage the chaos we had when the fighting went on with moderators and meds etc....really just thinking out loud here
                        Last edited by mollyka; January 1, 2020, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Hallo Army and best wishes for a wonderful, sober year!!
                          [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - thanks for kicking off the new thread - hope you're having a lovely day!
                          [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] - great to see you - hope you stick around. We REALLY need some blokes in the army!!
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - sorry to hear you're under the weather but at least your sober and sick. Imagine the flu with a raging hangover! :shakingno:
                          [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - what you said - this thread/forum has drawn us together from all over the world. It's just so comforting to be in the presence of peeps who understand our addiction but also who have overcome it!!
                          [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - am having a bit of a pootle myself. Will get into action later in the day.

To any who may be lurking and wondering if they can fit in (I was in that place 10 years ago) - there is room here for anyone on the Army thread or any thread you feel comfortable posting on. We all are here for the same reason - either to face our addiction and try to overcome it or to continue to live the sober life with support from the others here at MWO. We were all where you are - struggling to stop or struggling to stay sober. We understand. The "Army" name was given to this thread as a nod to the fact that we all are or were fighting to get and stay sober and better to have a group fighting together than each trying on his/her own. There is a whole network of support and advice here and we love to have newcomers. So take that first step and post something - anything, to get you started.

To alll of you, I hope new year and new decade is one of good health and inner peace!!!
                          Last edited by stirly-girly; January 1, 2020, 06:04 AM.
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Morning Rusters...now a challenge for us all...was (as Jackie says) doing a big think last night whilst Joe snores like a train.... Sometimes it seems as if MWO is the addicts equivalent of slimming world or the gym...great enthusiasm at start of new year that rapidly declines as the weeks/months go by - now could we be a product of our own success...as in nowadays there are very few newbies or even returnees - could it be that so many in positive recovery is daunting (as well as the mixed messages of this being a way to moderate)....now could we ..or SHOULD we encourage people to come here whilst still drinking....look how many responded to that thread about being here when still drinking? Just a thought...no great ideas yet about how to promote that even...and maybe it would encourage the chaos we had when the fighting went on with moderators and meds etc....really just thinking out loud here
                            Molls, I have often wondered that myself but on the other hand there are so many here who are sober for a long time and that is a great example/message to those just starting out. After all, we all had our day one. And some of us had many day ones. As for drinking and posting, I would prefer that to people not posting at all and therefore not getting any support/advice. Yes, it could open a can of worms but among us we have so much experience of how to start to stop, if you see what I mean, and IMHO, that could be invaluable to people who don't know where else to turn.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                              Molls, I have often wondered that myself but on the other hand there are so many here who are sober for a long time and that is a great example/message to those just starting out. After all, we all had our day one. And some of us had many day ones. As for drinking and posting, I would prefer that to people not posting at all and therefore not getting any support/advice. Yes, it could open a can of worms but among us we have so much experience of how to start to stop, if you see what I mean, and IMHO, that could be invaluable to people who don't know where else to turn.
                              Morning Stirly and happy new year.. I agree with what you say - said a lot more succinctly than myself - I was literally typing as I thought haha!! I think back in the day - it would have definitely encouraged me to read the stories of brand new 'triers' or ones who hadn't tried but knew in their hearts they must... I s'pose the important thing is that they don't come and get lectured relentlessly - we all thought we could do this and that and stand on one leg and manage our drinks -- but in our own bumbling ways we got here... and after all - whether we want to admit it or not - we are in recovery -- and we will always be in recovery - it is the remission of addiction - not the cure..

anyways -- there are a few newbies appearing and that is wonderful - just imagine how many are out there - first day of the year - KNOWING they have to do something but just overwhelmed -- sad

Comment

Working...
                              X