w/c 5/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 5/1

mae all ...edition number 2 ...lost the first one ...its floating around in the ether how is everyone today then?its raining here..that fine drizzle that gets you wet ..Rabbits arent so impressed.I was going metal detecting ,but nope the cold and the rain..including snottery me has put paid to that

and a big happy birthday to ppqp today another just over 21

have a great day all.

Rod Stewart has enjoyed many great hits throughout his illustrious career, but I fear his latest one might land him in hot water.

RIP Derek Acorah.... Keep in touch

We were walking down the street and my wife laughed and said, "Look at that woman through that window, she's the biggest, fattest, most wart-ridden monster that I've ever seen !"

"That's a mirror."

When we renewed our vows, my wife admitted she made a mistake by letting me choose the song that she'd come down the aisle again to.

Her side of the family said I made a complete mockery of the occasion with, "Who Ate all the Pies."

My distance vision is getting worse. The Moon was out this afternoon, but I could see only half of it.

Donald Trump's tweets are like Dickens novels.
    He uses too many characters and half of them are pointless.

So Rod Stewart was charged with assault. When asked to make a statement , he was heard to say
    'I don't want to talk about it'

Doctor doctor, I'm at death's door!
    -Don't worry, we'll soon pull you through
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 5/1

Mae all -

PPQ - your birthday?! Happy day, and wishing you a terrific year to come!

Lav, I understand about the movie theaters being far away! It probably will be on Netflix or something at some point, but I admit I loved the big screen version. BTW, i listened to a podcast this morning that i think you would find fascinating, all about natural light and how are bodies are hard-wired to use it. Really new info to me, and fascinating. I'll send you a link! Glad all went OK with the grandson!

Pauly, ha! I saw your post on the other thread and it reminded me to seek this new one - thanks for that! Hope all is well with you -

Mick, sorry about your cold... it's hard to escape when one is in that giant germ factory in the sky... do take care and here's hopes that this is a short one.

Det, hope that we hear from you soon! Sam, hope that the Xmas/new year's celebration went well. Is it mud season yet?

Well, it seems to be mud season here - what a strange winter - honestly, I would prefer a nice snow, frozen ground and a sunny day to follow. Yesterday hubs flight was canceled, then on again,then took twice as long to reach its destination - all because of intense fog. As we were driving to the airport, the fog and visibility kept getting worse and worse, and I waited at the airport to see if the flight was going to be cancelled... they boarded, but then sat on the tarmac for hours. Changed planes and routes, and got to FL very late, and he had an hour's drive after that. Poor guy - but he is resilient and was fine this morning, amazing.

Wishing all a lovely week to come. To The Light!!!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

The wind whipped up last night, the fog is gone, the sun came out & it’s back to freezing. Tons of mud here if anyone needs some, haha!!
      Yeah, my grandson seems to be on a better track these days but we were just talking about how hard it is to really trust him. He has some sneaky traits so I will keep an eagle eye on him when he’s around, that’s for sure. He’s going to have to earn our trust, I hope he does.

PQ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you :heartbeat:
      I hope your day was wonderful & not snowy or icy or anything!

Mick, I think it’s time to consider wearing a mask when you fly. Aircraft cabins are as germ-filled as kindergartens!
      Take care of yourself & your bunnies, feel better soon.
      I did hear about Rod Stewart but haven't read the whole story. I just can’t imagine him getting that angry at anyone, geez.

Pauly, it’s a brand new week already, time is flying!
      How did the kids hold up over Christmas? Everyone happy & healthy I hope.

Cyn, hope you had a chance to RELAX just a bit today!
      I imagine the whole country was off traveling schedules the past few days. Not much we can do about that unfortunately.
      Have you completely resolved the itching situation? I sure hope so.
      Send me that podcast link. Sounds interesting

Sam, look out for the river of mud, geez!

Det, we are missing you, check in please!

Have a nice night y’all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...thanks for the Birthday wishes. It was a strange day with thoughts of my sister off and on.

Mick...sounds like it was a good plan not to go detecting, you need to give yourself a chance to get better.

TG...if I were you I think I'd stay off the roads. You sure have had crummy weather. I think fog is the worst. I am so glad that I don't have to fly anywhere for my work. With all this cray weather everywhere I'm surprised that half the flights actually take off.

Pauly...actually had to go back to last week's thread after reading TG's post. LOL And we're off and running for the new year, hope it's a good one.

Lav...not snowy, not icy, sunny but a little cool. Did get out for a short walk as the weather is supposed to turn with highs of -4F by the end of the week. I sure hope this cold snap is a short one!

Have to get my butt in gear and go make dinner. It may take me a day or two to get back to my normal routine. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ Happy belated Birthday love i know you probably was missing your sister and thinking of her alot but I hope you enjoyed yourself regardless, Cyn, are you two still gonna relocate? Mick, hope you're feeling better, Lav, yes the grands are great but Kells thinking about breaking her lease and moving in with me:egad: I don't know what to think, it's gonna be a HUGE adjustment for all of us and of course I want to help her out in the situation but I know she likes her own space, I like my own space and where does the child watching end, I'll be on my feet constantly with Romeo cuz he's very attached to me, I feel like just giving her money to keep her in her own place but then I know she wants to get out of her relationship but then she's wishy-washy and I could see her leaving then going back again anyways grrrrrrrrr! Anyhoo sorry for the rant just need some input, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all, nice frosty morn it is, glad to see the ground stiffen up a bit. I noticed 2 stray cats appeared on the porch this AM, anyone need a cat??
            Mick, hope the sniffles is all there is to it. hope you're better
            PQ, well happy belated birffffday to you!!
            Lav, we're down to one egg every other day. how's your's doing? I haven't bothered with putting out lights.
            TG, I'm with you on all this mud, it needs to stay colder for bit, buds are popping out on trees here, way too early.
            Pauly, sounds like you're family is about to grow again. Friend of mine here has had his married children living at his house, they have 4 kids and a dog. He's about to lose his mind!

well, off to the salt mines, hope everyone is well
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?hope we are all well.Snotty beak here is doing ok today ..really cold over here.Good friend of mine passed away start of the weekend,He had cancer ,but in all honesty Ihave never seen so much guts..he used to do a daily diary cheering people up,despite it being his final chapter.Paul it was pleasure to stand by you friend.
              2 of my locos werent working ...fixed one ,and then attempted to fix the second one ...It is a cinch to watch someone on you tube doing it..but with hands like shovels and the eyesight of Mr Magoo it aint too hot.Final result bag of bits to the model shop...Mr man please fix it.:welldone:doing not bad on my losing weight job ...lost 6lbs since I got back
              Intersting facts over here today we are having dry January this month in uk...I have never seen such a campaign for people to quit/moderate booze they reckon at least 1 in 10 drinkers will go dry for the month.Also 4 out of 5 drinkers actually drink more than they want ..because they are in rounds being sociable etc

Hiya ppqp..hows you then?yep I never went detecting ...but my mate found 3 silver coins.You have a good birfday?yes they reckon we are going toget snow too.

hiya Lav ...hows you then?all good I hope ..hey whaddya mean wear a mask...you sayin Im ugly or summat?ha ha..you are probably right anyway .hope things go ok with grandson ..See 45 has stirred as hornets nest...the rights and wrongs are immaterial..its the methodology that is screwed..lets hope some sort of resolution can be reached before bloodshed..the news says that they have put an 80 million $ bounty on 45s head. anyways hope you have a good day

hiya tee gee ..hows you then?ok I hope...wow that was a fair wait at the airport ...its worse when you are sitting on the blocks waiting for the off

hiya pauly ..wow that is a masseev step to take ..you n kell sharing the place..you both have your own routines ways of life etc..best of luck with that one .I hope it all goes well for you tell her if she doesnt behave youll get the mad scotsman on the phone!!

hiya Sam...yep still the snots but not as bad as I thought it would be...no mud here...we are still on snow alert despite the fact its raining hope all is well with you

right folks take it eazee

If you want to learnt the secret of safe careful driving, spend thirty pounds on a Chinese takeaway and put it on your passenger seat

When I brush my teeth I always look in the mirror. My driving instructor was not amused.

Statistics show that 50% of men suffer mental trauma and often get minor injuries from the woman when present when she's giving birth.

I can agree with that I was punched, bitten, kicked and angrily told "to fck off and go next door and watch my own wife "

A wise Chinese man once said:
              如果你点击翻译,你喜欢阴茎

My wife and I both share a fantasy of being Siamese twins.

We don't know how to go about it, so we're going to put our heads together.

I had to google Rod Stewart's age, I had no idea he was 74.

I must say though ...... he wears it well.

There's a bounty on Donald Trump's head.

Anything looks better than his hair.

After years of bending over backwards to help other people,

I finally went to a chiropractor.
              Last edited by Mick; January 6, 2020, 10:12 AM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Sorry for your loss Mick I hate cancer!
                Last edited by paulywogg; January 6, 2020, 10:18 AM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

oy! i'm alive and Happy New year ABerooooooos!

oh my, today is also my 1yr sober birthday. yay! there was a time it seemed so very far away indeed but in retrospect the time
                  has zipped by. thank you one and all for the truly fab support

speaking of Bdays... PPQ, felize cumple anos! cake and clowns?

Mick, sorry about your friend and that detecting didn't work out. Sounds like a great chap. I've come down with a head cold so being outside about now isn't too appealing here either.
                  Although the girls have a girl scouts meeting at the house tonight so I may try to bundle up and get up to a high vantage and do some night
                  cityscape pics.

my gallery is open! 7 prints on the wall and opening night was a hoot. no sales yet but great comments and feedback which is loverly.
                  I'm just getting started on this whole 'fine art' thing as they call it. Meeting other artists and art lovers is so grand.

Pauly, much strength to you... I'm no help on that one. ommmm...

Sam great to see you. Nope, one cat is more than enough here..she's so funny! she makes these crazy sound effects which is awesome. And has been
                  a big help tearing down Xmas decorations early. a hem...

Lav, best of you on the grandson and the surplus of mud. i think that's what Vegas is missing... we have zero mud. hmmm.

Treegirl, that light/body podcast sounds interesting to me too. I've heard some remarkable things about the importance of natural wavelengths on our bodies and
                  into our eyes.

making some improvements on this head cold thankfully. Got a big pot of crazy veggie soup on the stove for dinner. Had to start early for this one as i went bonzers on it.

Architectural photo work is supposed to pick up again next week which is grand... I'm one broke puppy but I've got food, great love and a place to snooze. I shall be ok.

Dunno if I mentioned but my dad has been diagnosed with Parkensens and he's having a hard time with that and depression. Not fun at all. I'm reaching out to him daily so he
                  doesn't feel alone. I may have to get on a plane before long and help him. It's long overdue for a visit anyhow.

well, time for a shower and change my camera batteries.

if anyone wants to follow my strange adventures on instagram or FB I'm at @londonlewisphotography

be well loves! promise to do a better job checking in
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

I'll check you out Det, hey I'm sorry about your dad's diagnosis congratulations on your 1 year soberversery though!!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det... :welldone: CONGRATS ON 1 YEAR! :welldone: It does seem to have zipped by, glad we were here for the ride. I'll be checking you out on Facebook, don't have an Instagram account and not getting one. LOL

Pauly...Kell moving in with you is a big decision, hope you both think everything through first. I'm not one to talk with my boys living with me but they don't have any kids. I agree that she is wishy washy and could see her going back. If nothing else I think you need to establish some ground rules before anything happens. Good luck.

Sam...thanks for the wishes and I'll pass on a kitty present. LOL

Mick...sorry about your friend, he sounds like a great guy. YouTube instructions...at least you fixed one of them. There's a professional contractor who films shots of himself "fixing whatever following youtube videos" it's hilarious. Wow, you've lost 6lbs already!! I'm impressed.

Lav...I'll say Hi now as we've probably cross posted anyways. LOL

Off to get dinner ready. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
                      Last edited by porqoui; January 6, 2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Dry & somewhat sunny here today but tomorrow brings a bit of snow I hear. Maybe I can make some snow chickens, haha!!
                        I am going to start a new project tonight - sewing joey pouches for the displaced & injured animals in Australia. I found a FB group last night of American Crafters, they listed everything they need & all the different sizes. These will be easy to put together & I’ll feel better for helping out a little

PQ, that sounds like some seriously cold weather coming your way. Bundle up baby :hug:
                        I hope your week is a good one!

Pauly, if I was faced with that situation I would take my daughter & her kids in & I’ll explain why.
                        My daughter returned home a couple of different times before she got married. She ended up with some of the shittiest roommates you could imagine. They really broke her spirit, I couldn’t stand that.
                        She was grateful & respectful with us so having her home was not a problem. It was just her, no kids but it was something I just had to do. It all worked out & I never had any regrets. Your grandsons would benefit from having a quieter, stable home too. Work out a childcare schedule with your daughter, cooking & laundry responsibilities as well. It can work as long as you are willing to lay out some ground ruls beforehand :hug:

Mick, so sorry about your friend, cancer sucks.
                        I am another one who cannot handle delicate things anymore - stiff hands, ouch. I hope your engine gets fixed for you.
                        45 is on a crash course for hell but I don’t want to go with him. Ugh!

Det, CONGRATS on your 1 year AF :yay:
                        Things can change rapidly when you take charge!!!
                        Good luck with your gallery showing, you could become famous!!!

Sam, from 19 hens I usually get 12-15 eggs daily. I don’t need them all so I’m always looking for good homes for them, haha!

PQ, I almost posted before you but I ended up losing half my post so I’m retyping it now, Lol
                        Be careful in that cold weather, geez!!!

Cyn, hello to you!

OK,. Heading to the sewing machine now, have a nice night everyone!.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, I don't mind the kids living with me I already have Brady and Michelle here which is fine they go to work, come home and do their own thing, with Kell it's just a bit different cuz she does have the little ones so I'm just a bit unsure of how to figure this all out and like we said she's wishy-washy and I'd hate to see her break her lease then regret that too, Mick glad you're feeling human again, think you gave it to me though haha, my face hurts from sneezing so much! Lav, thanks for taking the time out and helping me yesterday, Det I started following you on IG looks like good stuff and congratulations again! I'm very proud of you much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday for us all!

Comment

hiya all how are we then? good ..yes Pauly feeling more yooman today though I still have got the snots but not as bad...hopeall goes well with Michelle whatever you decide to do

hiya det ...congratulations on your no beer year ...sent you a pm...but well done my friend ..tried to find your website,but havent managed to get it yet

hiya Lav ...hows you then ,?did you get the snow?we are promised it this week ,but as yet nowt.Went down to see Julies dad earlier ,just to make sure he is ok Julies nephew has just been accepted for Merseyside police ....yep thats Liverpool Pauly .Thats her brothers son ...one a cop the other a prison officer...so they have done not bad.well done on the pouches too ...I saw one of them being used on the news this morning.

hiya ppqp...hows you then?I need to find that you tube of the bodging diyer..

big hiya to everyone else

watch this ...its good you need to concentrate though...

YouTube
                            Last edited by Mick; January 7, 2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Greetings friends!

Yep, it’s been snowing for a while, just sticking to the grass so far. Driveway & road out front just look wet.
                              Spent the afternoon finally putting the first pouch together - cute & fun. I’ll be doing a whole bunch of these, for sure!
                              Tried to upload photos but it’s not working tonight. I’ll put them on FB.

Mick, feel better soon. Congrats to your nephew on his new position. I guess that’s a fairly large city department? I hope he does well!

Pauly, do you have room to build an addition? Just kidding but it would be ideal for your growing family.

PQ, hope your day was fab

Cyn, hello to you, Det too!

I need to get back to my sewing machine.
                              Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X