Byrdlady has NINE years alcohol free today ............20th Jan 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byrdlady has NINE years alcohol free today ............20th Jan 2020

Congratulations to a lovely, determined, straight-talking woman on you nine years alcohol-free. I know you make beautiful calkes yourself but today you can have the day off

Much love to you.
    J x
    :hug:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Byrdlady has NINE years alcohol free today ............20th Jan 2020

Happy 9th birthday to the bestest in the nestest. I am forever grateful for your love, support and belief in me that i could achieve what you had worked so hard for. I hope you have a lovely day. xxxx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Byrdy!!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations on your 9 years Byrdie!!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS BYRDIE!!! WOW!!!! that's such an inspiration!
          AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Way to go, Byrdie! You've shared your life with us and shown us how NOT to drink at extraordinary personal and professional challenges.
            Thank you so much for sticking with us and showing us the way. You're my shero :smile:. Much love and admiration, NS

Comment

oh WOMAN????!!! That's fantastic -- and good god you've paid back on this website -- you are an absolute GEM!!! In the early days - I often thought 'what would Byrdy say?' -- good on you and lots of love and respect xx
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thank you all so much for the kind words! I am very proud of this accomplishment and plan to keep it going, thanks to a LOT of help from my friends here on MWO. It's one thing to have a goal, another to gain the tools and understanding to achieve it. I owe it all to MWO and the incredible people here.
                So appropriately enough, on this Martin Luther King Day, I DO have a dream, and I am living it every day. Free at last, free at last. I appreciate all you do for me every single day! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congratulations Ms. Byrdy!

You are fab! xx :love: :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ON 9 YEARS AF BYRDIE :welldone: :yay:
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Woo HOO! Look at you go!
                      Amazing
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Congratulations on NINE YEARS, Byrdie! You really get tested, yet still stay AF!!
                        And thanks to your advice & help, I was able to get a quit going too: bring your own beverages, always keep a drink (AF) in your hand; use lollipops or similar early on, and if you’re craving alcohol, then EAT! I still use these strategies to keep my quit going, so a big thanks to you for sharing & caring!
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Wow Byrdie! What an accomplishment! :bravo: Whenever I'm struggling with the AV, I go to the toolbox on your profile. It always gives me strength, and has gotten me through some difficult times. Thank you for being here!

Comment

Congratulations, Byrdie! Like others here, I owe a lot to you in my own sobriety. So grateful you stick around to give the rest of advice, always straight, and often with humor. Love to you, nest mom!

xo
                            Pav

Comment

Hi All

Congrats Byrdie on 9 YEARS! Always great to see our members living life without the anchor of alcohol in their lives

Caysea
                              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                              AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
                              X