Abcowboy 5 years free!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abcowboy 5 years free!!!

A slightly belated HUGE congratulations to one of the kindest and most inspirational people round here..I am so happy to see yet another lovely person turn their lives around.
    I know you've shown me tremendous kindness at times of need..and undoubtedly many others

Well done Cowboy!!!
    (Hope I've done this right..haven't started a thread for YEARS!!!!)
    XXX
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Re: Abcowboy 5 years free!!!

Happy 5th birthday Cowboy, its a pleasure to have grown with you over the years to see the person you have become.

I hope you did have a lovely 5th sober birthday and many many more to come.

xx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congratulations on your 5 years Cowboy!!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations, Cowboy. You're a large part of why MWO continues on, so thank you!

Comment

Congratulations Cowboy!! Giddyup! 5 years of freedom if great!
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

CONGRATS TO YOU ON 5 YEARS SOBRIETY !!! inkele:

Cowboy you are a stalworth of MWO - something would be very wrong if you weren't here.
            MWO has survived because of you and a few others ..... take a bow !!!

Thanks Molls for starting Cowboy's thread :hug: ..... it's only fair - he ALWAYS remembers other's milestones.
            Last edited by satz123; January 21, 2020, 05:54 PM.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ON 5 YEARS AF COWBOY :welldone: :yay:
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well done, Cowboy! Gosh, I’m going to recommend you for a big raise! It’s a big deal to hit 5 years in our world, I’m so proud of you and happy for this yoooooge accomplishment! Keep up the great work! :bigwave::bigwave::bigwave: Byrdie
                Last edited by Byrdlady; January 21, 2020, 07:02 PM.
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

You made it! Not a surprise but a great pleasure and inspiration to see.:happy2:

Thanks for showing us how it's done.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Well done big fella!

Congratulations. Thanks for all you do around here. :horn::spin::black:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Way to go, Cowboy! Congratulations on five years sober!

I appreciate the way you help celebrate us all and welcome the newcomers.

Yee haw!!!

Comment

what does it feel like, did you sleep better etc.. and have you lost weight. xxx

Comment

I want to extend a sincere thanks to [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] for the shout out thread, it wasn't necessary but it was nice to see none the less! :hug:

And also a thank you to everyone who responded to the shoutout, you are all special people in my life who make my sobriety even more satisfying!

I'm not one much for making speeches, but one thing I do have to say, the support you have all given me has got me to where I am today! And for that I am truly grateful!

And to answer your questions [MENTION=21863]scotskev81[/MENTION], the not getting up at 3am with the hot flashes and sweats, being able to sleep a full 7 to 8 hours is one of the best benefits to being sober! It's so much easier to tackle the day's problems and challenges if you're well rested! I didn't lose any weight, I actually didn't have any extra weight to lose in the first place lol. I did put on a few pounds when I first quit because of the extra eating I was doing, but shed those pounds rather quickly when I got back to healthy eating. Just stick with your AF journey and you'll be rewarded with all the benefits that sobriety has to offer!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; January 25, 2020, 08:22 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for everything, Cowboy. I look to you as a role model. And I’m thrilled for you that you have gotten yourself this far.
                            Now we just need [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] to bake you a cake!
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

It's so inspriring all these people celebrating their years and years of sobriety!

Congratulations Cowboy! What an amazing achievement.
                              Last edited by julia1970; January 25, 2020, 08:58 AM.
                              AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X