Jan26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan26

mae all ..4.45 am..up showered breakfasted ready to go ..just having a brew ...Cant hear no wind or rain out there ...so just mebbe.Door handles arrived via amazon yest afternoon..by 5 ..job done.It has actually saved me a good few bob ,I was going to change the doors for 5 pine ones which are pretty expensive so the white ones look good .Carpet plates ordered ..they will be here today,so get them done tonight on return or in the morning.Did a bit on the railway yesterday too,but ran out of paint!hope everyone is well

I've lived my whole life without essential oils, so what makes them essential?

I've decided to rationalise my businesses,
    I'm going to combine my acupuncture clinic with my hedgehog petting zoo.

Charles: There's no I in team, son. You need to stay with the family firm.

Harry: That's the problem, papa. I've been warned there'll be no Me in Meghan, unless we move to Canada

I just saw a guy running down the road with a cape on.

I shouted, "Are you a Superhero?".

He said, "No, I haven't paid for my haircut!"

dog walker who lost numerous dogs has been banned from keeping them...judging by her recent performances I'd say her preparation for this ruling has gone quite well

I took the kids to the swimming baths today.

Various parents kept giving me funny looks.
    Then I realised the kids had scratched the letter ā€˜sā€™
    off my trunks. ....... think about it!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Jan26

Mae everybody, Mick awesome on the door handles, that guy running down the street with the cape cuz he didn't pay for his haircut sounds familiar, I had to laugh at that one Lav, your daughter had a problem with her iron too? I might message you later, hope the boys behaved, Romeo has turned into a bully on Louie sometimes, yikes! PQ, hope you're feeling ok and son too, Cyn, what adventure are you up to today? I think I'm gonna have a lazy Sunday, Romeo's sick and I think I caught a bit of it, hopefully rest will knock it out! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mae all -

Yesterday disappeared! That's what it's like when hubs is around... priorities have to suddenly shift. Oh well, he's not around that much, so an unexpected day off for him is good. We went to friends' last night for a Chinese New Year celebration - our friend cooked a massive amount of options, and we filled our bowls... what a lot of work... and she just returned from Korea (visiting parent and grands) two days ago. Ah youth... at least she let me bring a dessert.

Mick, wow, what a couple,of days you've had! I hope the weather cooperates for detecting, and that you find great stuff. Pauly, wow, I wonder why your iron dropped down? I just had a full panel done for my yearly physical... anxious to see what it says. Good luck with feeling better! Lav, those cinnamon buns looked amazing! Almost made me regret my necessary GF life, ah well. PPQ, glad to hear the Chinook is holding for you. Cold iciness here the last few days... today a bit warmer and some sun. Hello to Det, Papmom and Sam!

Ah, the book. Yes, Lav and Pauly can tell you - I have a book in the works - got the proposal done and agonized over it in 2017/18, but then life intervened and I had to drop it. Getting back to it now - it's more of a workbook than a word-book, and now I see the need for setting up a biz FB page, a closed FB group, rendoing my website, etc. Daunting. So, I must work on it each day... I will be really disappointed in myself if I do not do everything I can to make this see the light.

Speaking of which, more light each day... To The Light! Wishing all well today...

PS - just moved this from last week's thread... I'm slow, but eventually get it!! Lav, hope the boys behaved... Pauly, feel better... Mick, great job on all...

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...good job on moving your post to this thread. LOL It's funny how some days can just dispensary, believe me I know. Nice job on the Chinese New Year feast. Scary things going on with the outbreak. A workbook rather than a word book...I'm intrigued. Now that it's out there you know we'll be needling you to get it done.

Lav...little cooler here today but above freezing temps for the week. They are predicting snow next Saturday so winter may return. I hope you didn't end up with too many fights last night. Have they been picked up yet?

Pauly...ended up posting right after you yesterday. I thought of you when I read Mick's joke about the superhero, bet you can relate. Son still going through things, didn't sleep at all last night. He's got a therapy appointment next week so we'll see if there's any improvement. Get lots of rest today.

Mick...hope the wind and rain stayed away and that you found some goodies. New door handles seems a lot easier than 5 new doors. Good job. Don't over do yourself, tomorrows soon enough for the carpet plates.

Waves to Det, Sam, PM3 and anyone else stopping in. Have a peaceful Sunday all....:smile:PPQP
        Last edited by porqoui; January 26, 2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Everyone lived, haha!!!!
          YB didn’t want to wait for their parents to pick them up so he put them in the truck & they were out of here by 10:30 this morning. There was a bit of fighting between the two but it’s been worse. All I have to do is keep them in different rooms & everything is manageable. Hopefully they’ll be friends some day but I probably won’t live to see it happen, Lol

Mick, hope your day was dry & profitable
          Glad you got your new hardware installed. Little changes can make a big difference.

Pauly, hope you’re feeling better! We’ve got to do something to boost your immune system girl!
          The interaction between two boys can be just downright bizarre. Keeping them apart means I don’t have to get worried about one of them being injured,

Cyn, I hate having my day hijacked when I know I have so much to do. You’re a lot nicer than I am, haha!
          I sliced one of those loaves of cinnamon bread & made French toast this morning - yum. I tiptoed into some GF baking years ago when my daughter was dealing with a lot of joint pain after having her daughter. Whatever was going on with her went away on it’s own. She had some serious inflammation post childbirth. I’ll have to look back at my recipes & see if there’s a GF cinnamon bread option.
          I hope you were able to do some catch up work today. I was pretty lazy myself today.

PQ, I heard a report about some weather moving east, possible storm next weekend, just a small chance. We shall see
          I hope everything is going well for you.

Hello to Det & Sam!

Have a nice night all. Hopefully I will have a more productive day tomorrow.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,

Am I on the right thread on the correct day? Pretty quiet here! I hope all are well...

Lav, you are so kind to think of a recipe for me... actually I do no grains at this point, but I am saved by Elizabeth Barbone's excellent book "world's easiest Paleo Baking; gluten-free, grain-free, Dairy-free, and with No Refined Sugars". And the recipes are so easy; this morning I put a little bit of honey on an (almond flour) focaccia bread... hi protein, delish breakfast! She has a wonderful cinnamon cake that I found, so for the moment I'm good!

For all, here is her "world's easiest cookies" recipe: (active time: 5 minutes/Bake time: 12 minutes per pan/yield 16 cookies)
            2 C finely ground almond flour
            1/2 teaspoon baking powder
            1/2 C dark maple syrup
            2 teaspoons vanilla extract

350 oven (middle rack)
            Parchment paper on pan
            Whisk flour and baking soda in medium bowl. Switch to a wooden spoon and stir in maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until a sticky dough holds together.
            Drop by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. For crisp cookies, press down the dough lightly with the flat bottom of a drinking glass or measuring cup. (Dust with tapioca if it sticks). For softer cookies, don't press down.

Bake until edges are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Allow the baking sheet to cool, then repeat with the rest of the dough.

Yum, and not terrible for you! Reminds me of my favorite Swedish almond cookies... (store airtight container up to 3 days -good luck with that!) or freeze, wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer container, for up to 6 weeks)

Happy day all!
            Last edited by treegirl; January 27, 2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav, I've been reading up on the iron being low and it says that people who can't digest gluten very good can have low iron cuz of the inflammation it causes in the gut, I'm having to rethink alot of what I'm doing, my sensitivity test showed a very low reaction to gluten but that was years ago so maybe it got worse? I always just blamed any health problems on alcohol but now that I've had a decent amount of time off it there's obviously something else going on, I wondered cuz I'm constantly tired, dizzy, weak I thought maybe I had narcolepsy after seeing a commercial for a medication haha I think I'm gonna hafta start using food as medicine instead of for fun Mick the countdown to Disney begins yay, PQ, what was for dinner? I made hubs cook me a rarish steak for some much needed iron haha hope son is on his way to feeling better, Cyn, that recipe sounds good Det must be busy as hell, wish he'd stop by, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all,,how are we doing then? goodI hope .We have just got back in ....went to the Railway Museum in York,it was ace ,then went to see York Minster ..Julie loves this place ...we have walked along the outside of the roof before.

Visit | National Railway Museum

found absolutely zilcho detecting yesterday,and got soakedinto the bargain..oh well not to worry.I think Amy has got a new cat ....sorry I think she has got ...not 1 but 2.!!!2 kittens.bet the neighbours were pleased with me ....carpet rails were cut to size and fitted by 7.30 this morning..osteroops:
                brew time

hiya pauly ..you good?did you enjoy the steak?yep countdown till floridee eye aaay is on..have a great day.

teegee ...forget the easy cookies....Im for the almond ones ..I love them...especially with either cherry or raspberry jam on them..hows you then today?all good I hope.Julies neice is in S Korea atm teaching.she loves it.

Hiya Lav ,how are you then today?I take it you had some drama with the grandkids?oh dear.thought they had calmed down.as for bad weather ...we are supposed to be getting snow this week...take care .

hi ppqp..hows you then?good I hope ...have you got the snow?yes failed on both counts yesterday...rain and nae finds ..card school this week?

big shout to all..

I'm going to sell all my john Lennon memorabilia on Ebay...imagine all the PayPal

Went to a Chinese hardware store and asked for some Linseed oil for my bat.

As he gave it me, the assistant said we normally poach them in some chicken stock with a dash of Soy sauce.

They haven't yet decided on a design for the Brexit commemorative coin.

Might I suggest a ten pence coin imprint on both side so we'll know what they'll be worth in a year or so.

A preacher woke up one Sunday morning and looked outside and saw it was a beautiful day. He decided to skip church and go play golf. So he called the junior pastor at his church and told him he was sick and couldn't give the sermon. The junior pastor told him not to worry, he would deliver the sermon.

The pastor drove about 40 miles away from town to avoid being spotted. As he was setting up his first drive on the first hole, Jesus leaned over to God in heaven and asked him, "Are You going to let him get away with this"?

God told Jesus not to worry, he would handle it. Right as God said that, the preacher hit the drive of his life. The ball traveled all 450 feet to the green, bounced once, and rolled in the hole. The preacher was ecstatic.

Jesus asked God,"Why would you let him do that"?

God said, "Because, who is he gonna tell"?

Adam Got Caught Speeding Yesterday.

The policeman asked him to step out of the car and walk in a straight line.

Half way down he stopped adam and said, "I'm sorry sir, but you'll have to come back to the station with me as you're staggering".

Adam replied, "Oohh, you little tiger, you're not so bad looking yourself".

A man entered the bus with both of his front pockets full of golf balls and sat down next to a beautiful blond.

The puzzled blond kept looking at him and his bulging pockets. Finally, after many such glances from her, he said:

"Its golf balls".

Nevertheless, the blond continued to look at him for a very long time, deeply thinking about what he had said.

After several minutes, not being able to contain her curiosity any longer, she asked:

"Does it hurt as much as tennis elbow"?

A new recruit police officer had almost finished his interview, and the interviewer asked him the last question which was:

"You are on duty. A car crashes in the middle of the road with two people inside the car, the two people are critically injured and the car is badly damaged.

The ambulance arrives, but it is going too fast and crashes into the damaged car. The car blows up and causes the ambulance to flip on its side.

A passer-by, while walking on the sidewalk is toppled, by the force of the explosion, into the river beside the road. Unfortunately he cannot swim and is drowning in the river.

Another man runs out of a house screaming, and shouts that his wife is pregnant and about to have her baby any second now.

"What would you do in this situation", the interviewer asked?

The recruit looks around the office and thinks for a while... he replies, "I'd take off my uniform and act like I am part of the crowd"!

Flight Aviation Administration (FAA) has a unique device for testing the strength of windshields on airplanes.

The device is a gun that launches a dead chicken at a plane's windshield at approximately the speed the plane flies.The theory is that if the windshield doesn't crack from the carcass impact, it'll survive a real collision with a bird during flight.

It seems the British were very interested in this and wanted to test a windshield on a brand new, speedy locomotive they're developing.They borrowed the FAA's chicken launcher, loaded the chicken and fired.

The ballistic chicken shattered the windshield, went through the engineer's chair, broke an instrument panel and embedded itself in the back wall of the engine cab.

The British were stunned and asked the FAA to recheck the test to see if everything was done correctly.

The FAA reviewed the test thoroughly and had one recommendation: "Use a thawed chicken".

The old rancher took his wife to town to see the new doctor.

He waited for her by the hitch rail while he shot the breeze with some other old timers. After a few minutes, he heard his wife scream, then she slammed through the door and nearly knocked him down. Finally, he calmed her enough to learn of her problem.

After listening to her story, he helped her into the buckboard to wait for him while he settled things with this new upstart. He hitched his gun belt in place and marched in to confront the doctor.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" the rancher demanded of the doctor. "My wife is 63 years old. We have five grown children and eleven grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant"?

The new doctor raised his eyebrows and asked, "Does she still have the hiccups"?

A little old lady goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor I have this problem with gas, but it really doesn't bother me too much. It never smells and is always silent. As a matter of fact I've farted at least 10 times since I've been here in your office. You didn't know I was farting because it doesn't smell and is silent".

The doctor says, "I see. Take these pills and come back to see me next week".

The next week the lady returns.

"Doctor", she says, "I don't know what the heck you gave me, but now my farts, although still silent, stink terribly".

"Good," the doctor said. "Now that we've cleared up your sinuses, let's work on your hearing".
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings all,

Cyn, glad you have a good source for baking recipes. The cookie recipe looks good, I certainly will give them a try
                  Hope your day was good!

Pauly, honestly - as we age our systems go thru so many changes it’s hard to keep up with them. It’s a full time job just trying to figure out how to bets handle one thing after another.
                  Getting our essential nutrients thru our foods is best BUT our digestive systems don’t always agree with that model. I know in my case I just cannot consume a lot of foods that i think I should be having or I will pay consequences. That’s where nutritional supplements step in. I think good old Feosol is the best overall iron supplement, not overpriced either. Be sure you get some vit C in too.

Mick, my grandsons seem to have so much animosity towards each other, it’s ridiculous sometimes. I just won’t put up with the fighting so I make it stop, haha!!
                  Your museum is free - that’s nice. The only place we can find any free entrances is in Washington DC. Congrats on the carpeting job being completed

Hello to Det, PQ & Sam! Hope everyone is OK.

OK, should go do something useful before the day ends.
                  Have a nice night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...look at you finding the right thread, the right day and the first to post today. Your cookie recipe does look really easy, I have 2 out of the 4 items. LOL I'm not a big cookie eater. Hope you had a good day.

Pauly..."maybe I had narcolepsy after seeing a commercial for a medication"...You're going to have to stop watching TV. LOL I always blamed all my ailments on alcohol as well, guess we can't get away with that kind of thinking any more. Supper ended up being Shepard's Pie but I didn't combine the 2 and bake in the oven, I just served them separately. It was quite tasty.

Mick...nice outing to the museum today. So are the neighbours still talking to you? All that work before 7:30am, you're a demon. They're threatening snow overnight but I'm hoping it'll stay off till the weekend. Had a good day today, boss never materialized and the prog coord went home early. Ah...my office to myself again. Hopefully I'll be able to get some cards in on Wednesday, will have to see where I'm at with my real work. LOL

Lav...my eating habits are soooo bad that I don't think I get any nutrients. I take supplements faithfully for awhile and then kind of forget about them. I need to get on a routine. It's too bad the g/sons are so against each other. Hopefully they'll grow out of it. It's too late to do anything useful, just chill out. LOL

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

whew! heya ABerooooos!

jeepers, more than busy and a darn bit of 'super stressed-oooooot' over here. oh well. calming down a bit.

so... door handles, museums, sick kids, norty recipes, nutrition... quite a mixed bag in ab-land I see.

Well I'm hell-bent on becoming a proper video content creator even if my brain explodes, which is well may. A freaking yoooge learning curve on this
                      stuff but I think my final draft for my first commercial video is done. whew! have to wait til morning to see if it's approved. ack!
                      issues with girly have been super bad as of last week but calming down again. That is one twisted kid and I wish I know how to fix her. Managed to encourage
                      her mum to get some counselling/support which will begin soon so I'm glad for that. I'll be getting in to Refuge for meditation in the morning which I'm certainly due for.

Pauly, blood test to make sure... best i got from here. Someday we'll have nifty attachments for our phones and can monitor all manner of things from home which will be super cool.

My poor brain is fried. Time to find something mindless... hopefully will be back very soon and much more perky.

be well loves!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, Det that is hard to step into a teens life, any kid for that manner I was a complete ass to my dad for years! After I got married and realized how hard the real world was I really started to appreciate him Cyn, that's awesome on the book PQ, I'm wondering if my low iron is caused by the turmeric supplements I've been taking, I read that it binds to iron, something I need to work out, I eat like you do and usually it makes me happy and I don't have any issues at all, I also think this is a "change of life" issue for women that they go thru after joining a couple of FB groups and seeing alot of women going thru the same crap, had the boys last night and Louie was sleeping and throwing up! Hubs told his dad to get his ass home cuz the poor kid is sick! He's all trying to blame us for giving him something bad to eat, yea right he fell asleep on the couch as soon as they dropped him off, anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Comment

hi all...how are we then? good I hope...well this morning we had nothing but snow ...I tried to get out in the car...no chance.I look now ...no snow but horizontal rain now.so need to go and get some kale for the rabbitz...apart from that not a lot happening here ....pretty cold ...the rabbits have got 2 hot water bottles underfloor.Bought another engine last night ..its called Evening Star ...I saw the real one yesterday at York.And yes ,Amy now has 2 kittens !!going up there on Friday.need to nip to the shops in a minute...

I gave a homeless guy a tin of beans outside Sainsbury's today,

"What the fck am I supposed to do with these?" He asked.

"Egg and chips." I replied.

I've got a habit of quoting Elton John lyrics.

I hope you don't mind. I hope you don't mind.

"A Derbyshire police officer has been found guilty of gross misconduct, having touched, kissed and hugged several female colleagues, both on and off duty."

They should consider themselves lucky. I spoke to three women he'd arrested: one said he'd beaten her up in a squad card, another said he'd framed her for bank fraud, and the third said he'd thrown her down the stairs.

My monks clothing was a bit faded so I decided to try and get it back to the original colour.

I wasn't happy with the results, it was all rough and stiff.

I guess it's true what they say...

"Old habits dye hard."

The Best Bible Salesman

A guy with a severe stutter applied for a job selling Bibles. The interviewer believed he'd never make it as a salesman, and was
                          about to tell the guy to look elsewhere for work.

The stutterer begged for the job, "P-p-p-p-p-le-ease g-gg-g-ive m-m-m-mee a ch-ch-cha-a-ance. I-i-ic-c-can d-d-d-o i-i-tt."

"Well," the manager said, "OK," he'd give him a few Bibles and the rest of the day to see if he could sell one or two. By lunchtime, the stutterer was back, having sold all the Bibles. The manager was impressed and asked if he could accompany the stutterer after lunch.

"S-s-sure," said the guy, and later they went out to the streets.

They approached a house, and the stutterer went up and knocked on the door. When the homeowner answered, he said, "G-g-g-g-good
                          a-a-a-ftern-n-n-noon, M-m-ma'am. I-i-i'm s-s-s-selling B-b-b-bibles. W-w-w-w-would y-y-y-you l-l-l-l-l-like to b-b-b-buy a B-b-b-b-bbible, or sh-sh-sh-ould I j-j-j-j-ust r-r-read it t-t-t-to you?"

The Easterner had always dreamed of owning his own cattle ranch, and finally made enough money to buy himself the spread of his dreams in Wyoming.

"So, what did you name the ranch"? asked his best friend when he flew out to visit.

"We had a heck of a time", admitted the new cowboy. "Couldn't agree on anything. We finally settled on the Double R Lazy L Triple Horseshoe Bar-7 Lucky Diamond Ranch".

"Wow!" his friend was impressed. "So, where are all your cows"?

"None of 'em survived the branding".

A man was working with an electric saw when he accidentally sawed off all ten fingers. He quickly rushed to the emergency room. The doctor
                          there told him, "Give me the fingers and I'll see what I can do."

"But I don't have the fingers!"

"What! You don't have the fingers!?" said the doctor, "You should have brought them to me. We have all kinds of operations we could have done
                          like microsurgery and stuff. We could have put them back as good as new."

"But Doc, I couldn't pick them up."

Comment

Mae all -

Lav, obviously ignore my FB question!! It was SO strange, I tried and tried to get on this site with phone, pad, and computer - no go. A message saying it was... I don't know illegal, out of certificate, can't remember now. I was upset! So of course after PM-ing you, I come back and here you all are! Yay!

Det, you sound super-stressed... good luck, and glad to hear you are going to your class. Wish I had that here... sometimes I wish I could find a good way to reach out to like-minded people here... no go so far.

Lav, so sorry for the boys' animosity... I know of boys who were that way in childhood, and then they just ignored each other, and then became civil as adults. Hope that happens, good luck!

Pauly, yep, food really is super-important. But as Lav says, it's not totally 'what you eat' but also 'what you absorb', so supps can really help. Best of luck!

Mick, I have friends from York, and they always are talking about the beauty of the Minster. I hope to see it some day. Glad to hear about the kittens... new life is good when we've had a loss. How is the arm, by the way, after all this activity?!

PPQ - here's hoping that the non-dynamic duo stay away from the office!! You sound happy when they're not there. Wishing you some cards later in the week.

Sam, and PapMom, wishing you well.

Thank you all for this community. Not being able to get on this morning showed me how much I value this companionship. Cheers all for a good day...

Comment

I had that happen to me too this afternoon Cyn, not sure what it was

Comment

Working...
                              X