Day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4

Today is Day 4 and its going well so far. I know that I am not going to drink tonight because I have church and a birthday dinner to go to and won't be drinking. We will be going somewhere that I have rarely drank before and if I did it was only 1. Mom will be with me so someone will be with me. My AL mind is trying to convince me to do what I did when I did when I had my 7 year quit and have a goodbye to AL party. I keep reminding myself that Sat. night was my goodbye to AL party. It may not have been planned to be that night (i was going to quit soon but seeing my moms disappointment afterwords and the next day nearly falling asleep during a memorial service made me decide to move up the date up to the 8th of this month.

I would normally go out on this weekend but will be staying home until I feel that I can do it sober and that is if I ever feel up to it. I can now go see a movie and not worry about it landing on my drinking weekend and if so do it on Sunday afternoon so I could drink and not have it cut short. Perhaps when a good movie comes out that is what I would spend my money on.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: Day 4

Well done on day 4.

If you’ve managed 7 years before I hope you’ll be able to repeat some of that success again. At least your health will have recovered during that 7 year period so your liver must be fine and in mint condition.

Lots of love x

Comment

Welcome to the weekend, Drifty! I hope this weekend treats you well. :hug:
      Last edited by NotHappyHourHappyLife; March 13, 2020, 04:39 PM.
      "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
      so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
      :hug:

Comment

Thanks everyone. I know that I will make it this weekend. Its next weekend that is going to be hard (although tomorrow night would be my normal if I had not drank last week). The two week mark seems to be the worst for me but with you all I will get past this and it will get better. I will also use this time to learn to say no no matter who is trying to get me to drink again.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X