28 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 June

Hi yall ...how are we doing then?good I hope..blowing a hooley here today ,and raining ..we were going to go out then the heavens opened up .Well the lockdown saga continues ...they are talking about locking down Leicester as it has spiked a bit there ..not surprised really ..

Im at the dentist tomorrow ....cant wait ...

Ive been up on the railway this morning ,doing some scenery

take care all...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 28 June

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for starting this week's thread. Well, at least with the cooler weather you can play with your toys. LOL Good luck with the dentist tomorrow.

Light rain and cool here this morning, Lav you would love it. Sent off a status email to the boss this morning so that's it for work. I think it's a Nintendo type day! Have a good one.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We had a quick but effective thunderstorm roll thru as we sat down for dinner. Temp dropped from 100 to 75 PDQ :yay:
      My chickens spent the day digging holes to sit in to try to cool down. Feel sorry for them when it gets so hot.

Mick, rain rain everywhere it seems. Nice you got a chance to work on your train stuff.

PQ, 100 humid degrees is enough to make me want to cry, haha!
      I stayed inside in the AC as much as possible, I do like it cool. Hope your new work week starts on a good foot - now that the boss knows whois in charge haha!

Hello to Pauly, Pie, Det, Sam & Cyn.

Tried a new casserole recipe from my bone health website I follow. It had mashed chick peas, (cooked from scratch because I had no cans), carrots, onions, celery, brown rice & broccoli (except I used zucchini because we have so many), veggie broth & a nice crunchy topping of slivered almonds. It made a whole big dish full so I’ll be eating it all week, LOL. YB liked it too, go figure.
      Wishing everyone a decent night!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for getting us rolling, Mick. Stormy weather, virus spiking, and the dentist. Hope things start looking up soon. Our state and local officials are having to back track a bit on the reopenings here. Though what started as stay at home orders, have become advisories. I hate the thought of more contagious people running around, but that seems to be the reality of it.

Lav, I hear you on the heat and humidity. Maybe we could just learn to love big hair?

Det, I’ve heard that Headspace app is a good one.

Today I had words with a neighbor who allows his 3 kids to run loose in the complex with zero supervision . Why do some become parents, then not want to do their jobs? I felt decidedly old and cranky. Surely thought about drinking. Not today, though. Not today.

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav the recipe sounds good Pie,I read that about TX, my coworker is going down there on Sunday and staying 10 days she said she don't care if she gets sick, she's 68 with asthma, cirrhosis and prediabetic and I guess half a brain as well hopefully it's not as bad in Waco where she's going although her son in law is a cop who was exposed a week ago so is in isolation yet she's still going????? I'm over it. Mick, glad you got to work on your trains for a bit, how's Julie's dad? How's your brother? Wind was the news yesterday, omg I've been here for years and never seen wind like that! So strong and full of dust and smoke, nasty day, much love and wishes for a great BF Monday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ...dentist this morning ...what a saga....the tooth that was giving me heck...he couldnt see anything wrong with it..until they x rayed it ....there was a hole through it under the gum..so we parted company and it has gorn...what a performance ...stay in car ..phone them tell you are there ..nurse comes out takes temp ..you then get mask gloves overshoes and go into dental room.Treatment done out.. other way to reception pay etc ..as you leave gloves mask etc into bag and disposed of ..so its starting to ache ..paranoia setting in ..is it still sore blah blah ..
            Julies dad is ok at the moment ,but we are definitely getting more help for him ,havent spoken to my brother for a few days ,
            As for orders ..we have never had any ...the great British tradition being polite ..please can you ...and would you like to if possible ..strangely enough in times if stress/distress people prefer to have orders ..

stay safe everyone ...use your common sense not the crap politicians spew out ...

awkward moment today when my 7 year old asked ,what a dick was?

Fortunately a guy in a liverpool Jersey was walking past at the same time

After my computer crashed, I searched for "Corrupted files, pc".

It took me straight to the West Yorkshire Police homepage.

In a stunning news development, governing medical bodies in the USA have revealed they now have an immediate solution to instantly bring an end to this entire corona virus pandemic.

"Everything with the virus will just 'magically" go away," they winked, "if people fall back in line and elect Biden in November."

IRAN has issued an arrest warrant and Interpol Red Notice for US President Donald Trump over the killing of General Qassem Soleimani, sparking further fears of World War 3.
            Here's.... his address 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
            Washington, D.C. 20500
            U.S.

Blonde gets home to her husband,

"Honey, you'll be so proud of me, I got a great deal on an electric car, it does over fifty miles to the gallon. "
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings kids

Hot & humid is the word today, guess we’re stuck in the pattern now. It’s still 86 degrees at 6 pm, not pleasant.
              Sitting on the deck anyway so I can view & hear the baby bird feedings going on. Those mama birds really work their tails off bringing bugs & bits of worms, feeding & immediately taking off to reload, haha!
              Too much work for the likes of me these days.

Pie, I had the elbow length frizzy big hair back in high school & college - never going there again. Nothing better for me anymore that a good hair cut, Lol
              Have you considered making a police report about the unattended kids? Social services will be called in & the parent will be put on notice. You may be doing those kids a big favor. Not worth drinking over for sure :hug:

Pauly, you co-worker is signing her own death warrant but if that what she really wants......
              You just can’t fix stupid, this we know! I broke down & decided to take 2 Zyrtec daily as the allergist recommended. My allergies have been off the charts this spring. Maybe your face mask is saving you from some pollen exposure & the dust of course.

Mick, at the rate we’re dropping teeth around here we’re all going to be eating pureed baby food soon, haha! Sorry you had to go thru that. Ibuprofen is very helpful for post extraction pain & soreness.
              I would personally love to see Trump arrested. For something - anything really!!! I cannot wait until he is gone - one way or the other!

Hello to Det, PQ & Sam.
              Cyn, we are all wishing you a very safe trip west & hope that you found some healing & light :heart:

Have a nice night everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy. Sent the status report into the boss yesterday and he realized how much hadn't been done by my co-worker. LOL So am getting more content update. When I logged on to do the updates got a warning that the billing department has been trying to get a hold of the account owner because the bill hasn't been paid. Forwarded the message onto the boss and called it a day.

Pi...good for you for saying something and you're right, it's not worth drinking over. You did good girl.

Pauly...I had a senior card player call to ask why the building wasn't open and why hasn't bridge started. Told her first of all we're dealing with a fire we had and secondly when we do open there won't be any bridge. She could just not understand that. Asked her how she expected to play sitting 2 metres away from her partner and she said oh we don't need to do that. Some people just don't get it.

Mick...at least you know the dentist's office is doing everything they can to keep you safe. I think an extraction was probably the least painful option you had. At least it wasn't one of your implants, you've dealt with those enough.

Lav...it honestly felt like it was going to snow out there today. Overcast skies and a cold wind. It was a good day to make a pot of stew and let it simmer all day.

Time for some R&R. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good afternoon all how are we today then? hope everyone is ok went to bed early last night felt absolutely rubbish a bit better today thank goodness it's been raining most of the day but just stopped now so the rabbits can go out our Prime Minister has suddenly developed some spine from somewhere and actually locked the city of Leicester down because of the spike in the virus the test now is to see what he does if anyone breaks it if he does nothing then it's been a complete waste of time and leave the door open for any others that may get locked down as well not a lot happening here today I've got a load of dahlia plants to go in the garden but I think I'll leave them for a couple of days I've got the first tomatoes on my plants already so despite the crazy weather they seem to be doing well hope everyone is doing ok I will see if I can get some jokes put up later on

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I hope his spine grew hard enough to enforce the lock down. You're right, he'll be setting a precedent for everything that follows. Probably a good idea to wait a couple of days to plant the dahlias. It's a soggy, gloomy, cold day here so am staying put inside. I cringe every time I see an email from the prog-coord but have decided to just suck it up and do what she wants. Not editing anything she sends me, will let her true abilities shine through. LOL

Off to make something for my lunch. Will check back to see how the rest of the gang is doing.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

heya Cats n Kitties of the AB world!

oh yes, somewhat more bearable weather...yay!

Mick, sorry yer feeling cruddy. soon to mend I hope...

Lav, casserole sounds great. musing over dinner right now...hmm...

this week slowed WAY down out of the blue. one paying job today and not much the rest of the week. time to advertise I spose.

anyhoo, distracted by leaky tire which I 'think' I've fixed and some uploading I need to do.

shouts to the whole gand for now... back soon..

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings all!

Had lunch with two good friends & it was great to be out. This is the first time since the lockdown began that someone else has made my food, haha! Felt very safe, the place was nearly empty, only saw one other table occupied. The servers were masked & gloved, everything was good. Other states are locking down for the 2nd time because they’ve had an increase in the # of Covid cases, ugh.
                        Today happens to be our 47th wedding anniversary, believe it or not. It’s been one crazy ride, good & bad but we’re still here, Lol

PQ, you’re doing the right thing by not fixing someone else’s work - let them get the grief!
                        Can’t believe you have such cold weather, we are sweating like crazy here 95+ humid degrees, yuck.

Mick, hope you’re feeling better now. Dental extractions are a giant pain in the a$$.
                        I have dahlias growing in a big container next to the chicken yard. They stick their heads thru the fence trying to nibble on the blooms & in the process they scrape all the feathers off of their necks - dumb birds.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Cyn. Hope everyone is well

Have a nice night all!
                        Lav

Hey Det - you snuck in when I wasn’t looking.
                        Here’s where I got that casserole recipe: 3 Delicious Recipes Rich In An Often-Forgotten Bone Building Mineral - Save Our Bones
                        Last edited by Lavande; June 30, 2020, 05:43 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? hope all is well with you all ..it was really stormy earlier but has faired off now .sothe peskies are coming out to play .Julie back at work full time ..Well the pubs open here this Saturday ...the 4th of July ...Independance day for those over the big puddle no one knows how it is going to be ...but methinks despite all the so called good intentions once folk get a few beers the distance will be immaterial..we shall see.doing a bit in the garden,but rain stopped play .Just watched a programme this morning on Greenham Common...dont know if anyone knows or recalls it but it was a peace camp set up at the RAF base at Greenham Common where the USAF were storing the cruise missiles.because it was Brit property tho the missiles were American..we had to protect the base perimeter ...I did 2 tours there..again some interesting times..there were definitely dodgy moves on both sides .
                          Here is an interesting one ..this guy does all the commentaries on all the major sporting events ..obviously in lockdown he hasnt been able to ..so he started doing commentaries on all sorts of mad things ..to the extent over 40 million people w.w have seen these ..and he has now written a book

https://youtu.be/jApTeSuT2uk that is just his first one ......they are really worth watching them all...

hiya Lav ...so you had lunch out ..?can I claim the same? a bag of crisps in the back garden?glad you enjoyed it though yep my face is sore still ..I must disagree however ...dental extractions are painful ,and sore ...but tbh the roots werent long enough to be a pain in the ass ..

hiya Det hows you then mate ? all good I hope ..Im a lot better now mate ta ,things good for you?

hey pauly where is ya?

hiya ppqp ...how are you today then?is it card day today?if so hope you win ....

big shout to everyone ?

Comment

Mae everybody, Happy Anniversary Lav! Det, hope it picks up for you, I think the news saying there's such an uptick in c-vid cases is scaring people so they're not doing much I just wanna know where these sick people are cuz I'm seeing none? At least it's been cooler this week for you Mick, hope all is well with you, some bunny pics please anytime you can, I follow pig pages on Instagram and whenever I'm irritated I just see some cute pigs or guinea pigs and everything is fine, bunnies too, PQ, hope you're hanging in there much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends,

We just had a quick rain move thru here & I think there’s more coming later because we’re getting flood warnings too. If this rain would just reduce the heat for a few days I’d be a happy camper. Not much going on with me today &that’s fine.

Mick, I guess it’s a good thing your roots aren’t long enough to be a pain in the ass, haha! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
                              Btw - since getting my bridge glued in a few weeks ago I am thrilled to be able to chew like a normal person, LOL

Pauly, I hope your day was a good one. How about a chicken picture to make you happy??
                              2B868F6D-F248-4AAE-9B28-E749C5D2EAFA.jpg

Hello to PQ, Det, Pie, Sam & Cyn.

Have a nice night everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X