International Army July 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Army July 2020

Pinch, punch for the first of the month...........................

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: International Army July 2020

Just waiting for you JC Good morning Army!

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
      Just waiting for you JC Good morning Army!
      I would have been here a bit earlier.............but still not got the hang of the lappy. The air's blue with my rather colourful.

How are you this morning?
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning girls. Thanks for starting us off JC, had not even realized it was the first of the month. Foggy one here but got my hour walk with the doggies so happy with that. Getting a new stove so they are here fitting at the moment. Bit like you JC, hate having people in the house. Looking forward to having all the work completed. Although when you have a house, don’t know if it is ever finished. However the garden and the painting have kept me busy so I have less time to think about what’s going on.

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...............we're having to put off the painter and decorator until next year around April I would think.....funds are getting a bit low. Its only the living room and dining room. Himself could do it at a push but it seems to spoil the barrel for a halfpenny of tar.
          Mr JC's got the day off and guess what..............the weather is appalling 14c and about to hiss down.

More pubs up here are delaying their opening to see what kind of carnage in rest of the country will be like.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army and Happy July!!!!

Mrs. A - great news on the chemo and good that you can get out and run. 73? Not in a minute. 'Tis only a number. You are one of the strongest and bravest women I know.

Molly, your outing on the bike sounds fabulous. You wouldn't have managed something like that here yesterday - temps went up to 38C? Could roast a chicken inside yer car!!

Rusters - great that you can get out with your doggers. Best of luck with the kit hen project. Don't much like people in my place either.

Jackie - I get you with the new lappie. I am still trying to find my way around this electronic invoicing programme. Makes me want to tear my hair out at times.

Mers - sorry about your septic problems. My sister in Canada was without a septic system for a whole winter. Jaysus. They had a portapotty set up outside their house. Temps of -30C and they had to go outside to the loo!! :egad:

Satzy - don't know about the hand sanitizer. Mebbe have an allergic reaction to AL after all this time?

Bridge - your borders are opening, out airports are opening for international flights. I am not pleased. But this country depends on tourism. For some of the islands it is literally the only thing income they have.

Ficks - a belated happy birthday and good for you on getting through the party with no cravings. Well done.

Waves to anyone I've missed.

Back to the filing.... GRRRRR.......
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Satzy - don't know about the hand sanitizer. Mebbe have an allergic reaction to AL after all this time?
              [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] : Thanks for that .:heart: ... but I didn't mean the headaches were related to the sanitizer. ( maybe they are) ?

What it was : I was listening to the radio and beautician / skin expert was saying that the skin is an organ & everything we put on it is absorbed.
              It dawned on me then that those sanitizers have to be over 70% alcohol :egad:
              We absorb it through our skin - should we all not be pished ?
              Last edited by satz123; July 1, 2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                If that were the truth then its all round to ours Saturday night then...........we've got gallons. Although social distancing will be at one metre and a bit, but I'll put on some food.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............that's some dentistry you've got going there. :hug: Haven't heard if ours is back doing anything other than emergencies.

Alexa says its 11C and pishing down...........so we've stayed in.............although I could have looked out of the window and seen for myself. Just as well Mr Jc has another 3 weeks and 3 days of holiday to take.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] : Thanks for that .:heart: ... but I didn't mean the headaches were related to the sanitizer. ( maybe they are) ?

What it was : I was listening to the radio and beautician / skin expert was saying that the skin is an organ & everything we put on it is absorbed.
                  It dawned on me then that those sanitizers have to be over 70% alcohol :egad:
                  I imagine you'd have to bath with the stuff, literally. Don't suggest it to anyone. Passing out in the tub is not good!!! :smile:!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............that's some dentistry you've got going there. :hug: Haven't heard if ours is back doing anything other than emergencies.
                    Long way to go yet. 5-tooth bridge to be fitted - teeth have to be filed down first. Hate that. Then a new removable bridge and a tooth added to the one I've already got. Should be finished after about 10 more trips to the dentist. End of July and empty pocketbook by then...

Comment

Evening folks...first day dealing with the great unwashed face to face...strange especially cos they aren't even my own great unwashed!! Don't know most of them...but it was fine..
                      How's everyone? Must read back
                      Last edited by mollyka; July 1, 2020, 03:00 PM.
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Well remember I told yiz about lifting of restrictions and how I wasn't looking forward to it.
                        It was our wedding anniversary today and MrS was like a 2 year old going to the seaside. So excited to be getting pints of Guinness - the first since Cheltenham March 13.
                        He had booked a table at our favourite country pub who also serve best steak ever. I had chicken ......
                        Then went & invited his fecking brother & SIL :egad:

It's safe to say I was glad when our allotted 105 minutes were up ....

- thanks Leo :thumbs:
                        Last edited by satz123; July 1, 2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]

Our first venture out for a meal will be to one of the S&H's mate........he's just taken over a pub/hotel/restaurant (the mate not S&H).......won't be for a couple of weeks want to see what carnage will happen over the weekend.

Night nightie, darlings.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy Anniversary [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], what a lovely romantic gesture Mr S thought of
                            Is the new venue up and running yet [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]?? Is it far from you?

Whats the new stove like Rustop?? Your house will be looking gorgeous coming into the winter..

Good god, thats some dental work your getting done Stirls.. Yes, our airports are starting to ramp up again, very mixed messages about whether people should travel or not. I suppose the official line is, essential travel only. Although listening to them on the radio this morning, that's open to interpretation.

Spent half the day in A+E. Sons back went into a spasm. Drama lama.. he's walking around like an old man now, off work for a week, but he'll be grand. All kicked off when he was, in a rare (never to be repeated) moment, dressing his bed.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...............its about 20 miles down the road. He's another of the S&H's friends we've known since he was nine. He was a groomsman at the wedding.
                              The Seaton Lane Inn | The Inn Collection Group
                              BTW we spent a hilarious hour or so with the Foil Arms & Hog.............they're hilarious. Will keep an eye out to see if they'll be doing a gig over here.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............enjoy your day with the great unwashed.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]..............missed a wave back at you last month..............:bigwave:

We're having a small dinner party on Saturday...........okay its not quite a dinner party but I'll get the posh plates out. We're having the next-door neighbour round for his dinner on Saturday night.

And the Alexa thingy is such fun......but she's having a bit of trouble with my Geordie accent.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X