Tempted to drink but won't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempted to drink but won't

I am tempted to drink this weekend. A friend is doing karaoke at a bar that is open and I am tempted to join this Saturday but I won't be. I miss karaoke but A. I work somewhere where I can't afford to get sick and B. I know that now is not the time. Yes it has been nearly 4 months, but since the bars were closed the first few months I had it easy, however now that they are starting to open I am getting these urges and I do not and will not drink. Besides I pledged to stay sober this month and I am taking this one day at a time. I love being sober way more then being drunk/hungover.

Update: Went to the store after work and got myself some nonalcoholic drinks and will wake up a winner. As soon as I posted the triggers went away because they knew that I was not going to cave.
    Last edited by DriftyAlison0; July 4, 2020, 11:02 PM. Reason: Updating
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.
Working...
X