July5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July5

mornin all ...how are we then?hope we are all doing good .thats me a year older ,a year wiser .....so they say ...not so sure myself .thank you all for your kind wishes both for 8 years sober and my 21st birfday .Trish said something that struck me as lovely ...yep it was a journey to stop drinking,but out of it I have made a fair few friends and acquaintances.Quite interesting ..both Julie and Amy asked me what I wanted for my birthday...actually there is nothing I want ..if I could have anything it would be to give good health back to a couple of folk I know.
    Was at the dentist yesterday ...it was dry socket I had and the bone was showing .so he cleaned it out disinfected it and packed it ..instant relief though painful getting it done ..back there next Friday .
    saw the Trump shenanigans ..to be honest though the ones we had over here with the pubs etc opened up ,,it started out ok ,but as the beer was flowing 2 metres turned into 2 inches ..Amy is coming down today.
    hiya Pauly ,how are you today then? hope all is well with you,,,did you do anything yesterday?

hiya ppqp...all good in canadia ..? thanks for the message.did you get your meeting done ok? Yep 4th July ...and I intendto be around for a few more .!have a good weekend

ab ...hiya my friend ...hope all is well with you ..cheers for the cake..take care

Sam the man thanks a lot mate ...hope all is well with you.did you finish all the jobs?

hiya Lav ..you ok?it may have been a bit sad ...but you were sensible and safe,,yes the dry socket is better today ..just been outside the wind has blown one of my sunflowers over ..

hiya pie teegee and everyone else I know ..take care and be safe

Mocked for being dyslexic?

Been there, done that, got the tree shit.

The FBI have apologised for the delay in arresting Ghislaine Maxwell.

Apparently, no one knew how to pronounce her name

Now that barbers and public toilets have reopened, I don't know whether to have a sh.t or a haircut.

A man walks into a pub..... yaaaay!

Was just in that Disney shop and asked the guy at the till "Do you sell snowman lollies here mate?". "Yes" he said. "They're in the Frozen aisle"

Relationships.....the union of a man and woman in love and harmony often leading to marriage.

Relationships.....the union of two people who share a house to cut down the cost of living and who get on well with each other, regardless of their genders.

Relationships.....A very expensive way to discover someone likes you less and less each day over fourteen weeks of internment together.

Polls: Biden leads Trump by 14%

To be fair, Putin does like a challenge.

I went to visit my mother's 89 year old mother and I couldn't believe it when she was telling me about the extremely high-risk tech stocks she was gambling fantastic sums in, and also she showed me yet another of the hundreds of ridiculous floppy hats she had bought for her stupid fcking horse Misty to wear.

I said, 'Gran, are you sure you want to be spending all your money this irresponsibly ?"

She gave me a wink and replied, "Of course, the last thing I want is to see it inherited by the likes of you."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: July5

Mae everybody, Mick glad you got the tooth area fixed up, did write congratulations on your thread but I'll say it again! I'm proud of you 4th was boring here, it didn't even feel like a holiday and I was so tired I only lit off a few of the little fireworks we bought and watched some of the neighbors and went to bed, Kell wasn't feeling it either so we only had the boys briefly in the afternoon, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE All,

So glad you finally got some pain relief, Mick! Loved seeing your peskie pics; they look so happy and healthy.

I too skipped the Mt Rushmore festivities. Fear, anger, hatred seem to be running rampant these days. I’m making a concerted effort not to get sucked into that negativity. Entertaining myself with a John Grisham book, a fun jigsaw puzzle, and streaming Outlander on Netflix. Those Scots sure drink a lot. I have to look away sometimes to avoid feeling tempted.

Greetings to Pauly, Lav, PQ, Det, Sam, and the rest of the gang.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...what a lovely wish. I just cringe thinking of your tooth. Sorry you had to go through that. Sometimes the saying no pain no gain just sucks! Meeting accomplished and no work work for me today. I just love watching your trains in the dark.

Pauly...just as well it was a quiet 4th, the smarter thing to do than some idiots out there.

Pi...the book isn't called "The Guardians" is it? That's the one I'm currently reading. Glad you skipped the Mt Rushmore event, of course this it what it looks like from our side...

mtr.jpg

Heading over to the garden to see if there was any damage from a short lived but brutal thunderstorm that rolled through yesterday afternoon. Then staying inside to watch the next one arrive. Have a good Sunday all....:smile:PPQP
        Last edited by porqoui; July 5, 2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

PQ, bought two. Started with The Racketeer, but will soon join you with The Guardians.
          0ED13C60-CA00-41C4-9E2D-73EC4A80AE58.jpeg
          Lovely Rushmore butts!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I’d love the have the Rushmore butts facing our way too, haha!1
            Still hot & humid, it’s an official heatwave now, swell. I had to run inside a few times while trying to water all the outside plants to prevent a total meltdown, yuck.
            I’m hearing that my son-in-law is not feeling well &will be going for a Covid test tomorrow. I hate this, I really do . I hope my daughter. & granddaughter don’t catch it too if that’s what he has. He’s been extraordinarily careful so maybe it’s just a run of. The mill virus.

YB harvested a load of Swiss chard today which I sautéed with a little olive oil & a boatload of homegrown garlic, WOW!!! It was very good
            We have 180 large bulbs of garlic from this year’s harvest, haha!! Det will be jealous, haha!

Mick, glad you got to see the dentist & got some help. Take it easy now, rest a bit while you’re at it too!! Hope the visit with Amy was good!

Pauly, I totally expected a boring July 4th & that’s what we got, Lol

Pie, sounds like you have a super good plan in place to keep you safe, nice!

PQ, hope you found the gardens in good shape! I hate it when summer storms wreck all our hard work.
            Enjoy your reading too.

Hello to Sam & Det. Cyn, travel safely :hug:

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...the garden only had a bit of damage, it could have been a lot worse. Was playing poker last night when all my devices went off with a tornado warning for Calgary. :egad: Wicked clouds on the east side of the city but it didn't head this way, thank god. Sorry to hear about your son in law, is this the second time or was it your son the first time? Saw the heat wave warnings on the news and thought of you. We're just not going to win this year.

Opened up the Tennis Courts over the weekend and my inbox is overflowing!!! I really wish people would take the time to actually read the instructions. Also got an email from the new software company and they are waiting for the boss to supply further information before we can get started. What else is new. Hope he gets to it before he buggers off for 3 weeks vacation starting on the 18th!!!!

Have a good day all, will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good afternoon all and how are we today then? The pain relief I got was pretty short-lived I'm back at the dentist now waiting outside whatever it was they did it work short-term really well but unfortunately not long term so yet again I'm sitting in the van waiting for my appointment at 4 p.m. let's see what they say hope everyone is well the weather with glorious today it is 25 degrees but they reckon we are going to get 3 days of storms after this that's something new not take care everyone have a great day
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick...Oh No! I sure hope they get it right this time. I'd be asking for stronger pain killers just in case....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy un-hung Monday and belated Independence Day greetings Aberoooos across the fruited plains!!

oh my, Mick doing battle with tooth pain...egad. dry socket is no damn fun man, that's for realzies pain right there. Hope you get relief ASAP mate
                    and mega kudos on 8 big ones! fantabulous!

Holy mother of morons Batman.... activists have torn down a statue of abolitionist Frederick Douglas in NY. WTF? do they have any concept
                    of what they are tearing down or is it just random acts of destruction? this is the kind of thing that will backfire badly and push us into an even worse division nationally. At a time
                    when we are already so badly bifurcated.

in brighter news we took a breif respite to the Green Valley Ranch resort and spent 2 nights playing tourist and oinking out pretty nicely. Our pool at the condo is STILL closed so thankfully
                    the resort had a pretty decent pool and girly finally got a chance to swim. The resort had it's own big fireworks display and it was a magnificent show. Grabbed a couple wacky pics here with my
                    typical artistic modifications. Also a weird effect portrait of me with my lovely Darlene:

PICS Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

work has suddenly slowed to a complete stand still this week. uh oh. not sure what's going on in the real estate market but drawing up some plans for pursuing other markets just in case this
                    carries on.

Lav, your rich with garlic! that's too cool. Hope your little one is ok.

PPQ sounds like you're plent busy with all the dingbats not to mention tornadoes....

Pie, Sam, hope yer all spiffy.

Pauly, my energy levels have been crap too and I'm sure it's the lack of exercise. Our useless condo manager won't reopen our little gym so thankfully my regular gym
                    has reopened and I just got back from my first workout in WAY too long. ugh! I'm so weak and feel feeble and puny. thankfully I know it will turn around soonish and I'll
                    be feeling fine again.

tri-tip roast on the BBQ tonight for a little splurge since it was on sale. Mostly eating salads and cold cuts lately as it's been just too hot for anything else really.

Anyone hear from Tree lately?

ok, off to shower and figure out some marketing ideas for more work.

be well loves!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det...that pool looks amazing, I bet girly was ecstatic. Great camouflage pic of you and Darlene. Maybe having work slow down during all this heat is a good thing? Now I want a roast on the BBQ....:smile:PPQP

Comment

nice pics Det ..back from dentist..yep its infected so Im on amoxycillin 4 x 2 tablets daily for the next 5 days .and salt washes blah blah and ibobrufen ..then Im back on Friday ..Det ace pics mate .. hiya ppqp ...you ok

Comment

Greetings all!

In the middle of a thunderstorm right now & hope it cools things off a bit. It’s been way too HOT the past 5 days.

Mick, glad they put you on the antiboiotic. It will work fast, keep up with salty rinses & ibuprofen!!!

Det, awesome pics, thanks for posting! Zero fireworks around here, just a bunch of local wankers setting off bombs in their backyards, Lol
                          Glad you had an enjoyable weekend! Treegirl is on her way to Tahoe for a music festival that she & her husband attended every year. She’s a brave one making the tripon her own.

PQ, tornado warnings scare the sh*t out of me!!!! Glad. nothing came of it, geez.
                          Good luck getting the bosses head out of his a$$ before he leaves on vacation, haha! Think of how nice it will be while he’s gone

Pauly, hope yuor day was good!

Hello to Pie & Sam & Cyn who is on the road.
                          Wishing everyone a decent night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick yikes on the infection! Get some rest, Det, cool pics glad you got a little getaway, looks great yea these people out doing all this crap is pissing me off cuz it's spreading this virus yet everyone wants to blame the reopening? Go home! Idiots. Chicken noodle soup in the Crock-Pot cuz I'm still feeling drained, I'm worried about another shut down tbh and it's scary, hope everyone has a great BF Tuesday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?good I hope...well Ive just taken my computer to be fixed ..it was broken ages ago but I bodged it so that it worked ...so now Im using a real antiquated thing ..it has got windows vista on it !!plus a few of the colour pixels are missing..Im sure we will manage...Raining here today,my mouth feels better today, but Im whacking tablets for fun!Interesting over here the pubs opened at the weekend ..3 have closed already due to people getting the virus.

hope everyone is well. sorry this is short but Im practicing ..my other machine should be back on /around the 18th

Comment

Working...
                              X