foods good for the liver & smoothies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foods good for the liver & smoothies

Does anyone try to either look after or negate the effects of alcohol on the old Joan River?

I've been looking into it and I do have a nutribullet smoothy maker.

Lots of leafty greens like kale and spinach plus artichoks. Cutting back on sugar and carbs is also good I hear. Garlic another one but that shouldn't go in a smoothy :happy2:

Yes the smoothy doesn't taste that good but a small amount of strawberries can hide the taste plus a little cream and advocado to make it thick, don't fot get a handfull of nuts.

I did see a video clip online that doing that for approx 2 years (and no alcohol) can totally reverse any non permanent liver damage and give you one that is good as new.

2 years does seem quite a long time but perhaps it could happen a lot sooner than that if you were dedicated and binged on healthy food while cutting out anything bad.

Re: foods good for the liver & smoothies

I did see a video clip online that doing that for approx 2 years ([B]and no alcohol[/B]) can totally reverse any non permanent liver damage and give you one that is good as new.
    Kev yes I believe the liver is a most forgiving organ and will heal itself provided you don't overburden it with more alcohol. So I've highlighted the most important part of your post above.
    Last edited by satz123; July 14, 2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

low carb and low sugar and also quite good for the liver

Comment

The best thing for the liver is no alcohol, followed by no sugar. Many medicines also can tax the liver, acetaminophen (tylenol) for one. Eat whole foods, lots of veggies, and a little meat. Avoid large amounts of saturated fat. Your whole body will thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
          The best thing for the liver is no alcohol, followed by no sugar. Many medicines also can tax the liver, acetaminophen (tylenol) for one. Eat whole foods, lots of veggies, and a little meat. Avoid large amounts of saturated fat. Your whole body will thank you.
          if that is paracetamol then I have never taken that for almost 2 years. Not since that time I took it for a hangover on a Saturday morning and then went drinking again on the Saturday afternoon. Also went drinking that sunday night.

I'm sure it made a bad situation worse.
          Last edited by scotskev81; July 29, 2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

yes, same drug. The liver can handle a lot, and will self repair, unless it's abused too much. Once it starts to go, everything goes downhill quick, some times in a matter of weeks, and cannot be repaired.

Comment

The liver is a workhorse but alcohol is no friend!
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
              X