This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thanks to our subscribers, and a plea for your continued support

It has been two years since our subscription drive. We were blown away by the response. People really care about this Forum and its members, and they stepped up in a big way to keep it running. We want to express our deepest thanks to those who have subscribed. Your support has been so greatly appreciated. :heartbeat:

While the forum continues to be self-supporting, we have lost a few subscribers along the way. Also, due to the ongoing issues with VBulletin, and the fact that it is considered "End of Life" with no further development, we will eventually have to migrate to another platform. While that part is still in the planning stages, we won't be able to do it without our subscribers. If you haven't subscribed in the past, we encourage you to consider it. As always, subscriptions come with the following benefits:

- Increase in PM limit over Registered Users from 100 to 500.
    - Increased post editing time over Registered Users from 120 minutes to unlimited.
    - Ability to delete own posts.
    - Ability to see which users have visited the forum in the last 24 hours.
    - Ability to browse the Forum anonymously.
    - Users can have their username in color, clearly showing their position as a subscriber to the Forum.

Subscriptions continue to be available at $20/month, $50 every 3 months or $100/year. If you would like to subscribe but those options are cost-prohibitive, please PM us so you can subscribe for whatever amount you can afford. We have also revived the "Donate" button so people can make a one-time donation. 100% of subscription revenue and donations are used for Forum expenses.

Thank you SO MUCH again to everyone who has subscribed and donated.
    Last edited by Forum Manager; July 26, 2020, 10:16 AM.

Re: A thanks to our subscribers, and a plea for your continued support

Thank you for keeping MWO a wonderful source of support for us!
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, ForumManager. I was one of those who got my nose bent out of shape for some silly reason and deliberately let my subscription slide. But, this site changed my life and I'll always be grateful. So, I'm in!

Comment

I think I was charged again this year... is there a way to find out? I think it's recurring? If not, I will definitely do my part!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Thanks everyone so much, everyone!
          [MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION] - you should be able to see the recurring payment in your Paypal account. Depending on how your settings are configured, you should get an email when your payment renews. I pay my subsciption monthly and I always get an email that says "You sent an automatic payment to MWO." I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
            I think I was charged again this year... is there a way to find out? I think it's recurring? If not, I will definitely do my part!
            Hi [MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION] ,

I have checked our accounts and as FM has suggested you are indeed on a re-occuring payment due on or around 12th September. This will automatically charge your paypal account unless you cancel the subscription via pay pal. This will be your third year as a subscriber, which is very much appreciated.
            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi, I have been trying to renew at the annual rate via Paypal but the transaction does not complete. The app gets jammed up on the screen offering Auto Renew or Skip for Now. I tried both of those options. Can you please offer any feedback? Thank you
              Update to add: Problem went away. Must have been a Paypal issue.
              Last edited by jane27; August 12, 2020, 03:32 PM.
              AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

I have been reviewing the up to date subscriptions.

It appears we have several users who subscribe who have never posted. This is very humbling and appreciative. We are glad that (hopefully) you gain some solace from this site and it helps you in your journey.

If you ever feel you need to post or are intimidated by posting PM's either Myself or the Forum Manager and we will get you involved. You can also email us both @ mywayout.org@gmail.com and we will be back to you right away.

Again, thanks for your continued support.

MWO Team
                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Someone recently PM’d me asking why I’ve been so very active lately. My reply was that I have always found MWO a safe harbor during times of crisis, either internal or external. The coronavirus was challenging for me, et al, as I’ve lost two close friends and four acquaintances to COVID-19 in the New York tri-state area. That said, I encourage anyone struggling with addiction issues to reach out here. These are difficult times, and we all need a trusted level of support. I have always found over my 11+ years here, the MWO community to be a loving, supportive, and knowledgeable resource.
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, ForumManager.

Comment

Working...
                    X