July 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 26

Stealing Det’s “Sweaty Greetings” from last week, because it’s such a good fit!

Clearing skies here after yesterday’s intermittent heavy rain from hurricane Hannah. Came ashore about 200 miles south, and now making rain into Mexico.

Nothing out of the ordinary on my calendar for this last week in July. At the moment, just need a coffee refill.
    Last edited by Pie; July 26, 2020, 07:46 AM.

Re: July 26

morning all,
    pretty ready for summer to be over. dang, it's been hot. Been overwhelmed with work, not really sure why but for now it's a good thang.
    how has everyone been?
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, wow Pie it is the last week of July, my goodness that went fast! Lab, I wouldn't bother pointing out anybody's sagging mask I've seen too many people get into arguments over it on my instacart runs, I'm not up for fightin right now, I've already got the covid blues I'm not gonna add to it, PQ, I never go swimming either, kind of miss it but I hate my ass in a swimsuit, I'm not fat fat but the cellulite is hideous haha plus I just don't like being in water around other people and I don't like the whole process of getting ready before and cleaning up after, plus chlorine bugs my skin so yea no swimming for P-dawg, kids are heading to our hometown today and I get so nervous about the drive! Ugh. Mick how are the peskies? I'm sure raisin hell as usual acting like they own the place, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Sam, I’ll sign the Done with Summer Petition.

Comment

Xpost, Pauly. I too think Lav is brave for confronting the maskless. It might occur to me, then I think, Nah, not worth the effort. Probably wouldn’t work, and only cause to to lose my peace of mind.

Comment

hi all...how are we today then?all good I hope ...just nipped to the shop to get some bits and pieces and to be fair went to asda ..I never saw 1 person not wearing a mask....Im not the worlds best at keeping my mouth shut ..Ive had 2 one sided conversations in the whole lockdown so that wasnt bad..as some of you will have seen its hammering down here now.

hiya pauly .....the peskies.. today and yesterday

20200714_071047.jpg

20200725_084303.jpg

hope everyone is doing ok

The little Asian guy who owns the corner shop is a black belt in karaoke.

You don't fck with Mr Singh.

I went to the tattoo parlour and asked if they could tattoo the word for octopus tentacle parts just above my eyebrows.

"Well, we can," he said, "but it will cost you £345."

"Ha!" I replied. "Do I look like I've got 'Sucker' written on my forehead?

One in seven Glaswegians admits they've NEVER managed to eat five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.

The other six never understood the question.

Q: What do you call a chicken in a shellsuit?

A: An egg!

"How old are you?"

"You never ask a lady her age."

"I know. How old are you?"

"Boris Johnson Has a Personal Stake in Fighting Obesity"

That's the politest way I've ever heard of someone saying "You're a fat git".

We're cracking down on incoming US flights due to the Covid spike in Florida.

Hopefully, we'll soon be Tampa-proof.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I too nipped out for some bits and pieces this morning and ended up going to Walmart, 2nd time in 6 months but sometimes the price is worth it. Especially when it comes to coffee. There were a lot of people not wearing masks, wonder how they're going to cope when it becomes mandatory on Aug 1st. Great pics, the peskies look happy and healthy. Stay out of the rain and stay safe.

Pi...thanks for kicking off this weeks thread. Was thinking of you when I saw the news about hurricane Hannah. Glad everything is ok with you. Nothing out of the ordinary sounds pretty good to me.

Sam...make that 3 signatures on the Done with Summer petition. Isn't it strange that during this some people are overwhelmed with work others have nothing. Just think, you'll be able to take the winter off. LOL

Pauly...I don't comment on peoples masks or non-mask, I just make a very obvious distance move shaking my head. Otherwise what'll come out of my mouth is yup, God made little pricks and assholes too. There was a creek running through my property that would rise to about 5 feet. The water was like ice and it didn't matter what if anything you wore. LOL

Going to plug in some more Murder She Wrote and play computer games for awhile. My kinda Sunday. Have a good one all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Same nasty weather here but my grandson came over for a visit, have to take him home shortly! Nice distraction actually

Hello to Pie, Sam, Pauly, PQ & Mick! Hello to Det & is Cyn too!

Just so you know I am not out in public looking for a fight. I am simply trying to educate the general population re masks. I use as few words as possible & a quiet approach so it’s not been a problem. I wish the stores were better at policing their customers but that’s their decision I guess.

Have a nice night all! I need to return this kid to his mother at some point, may as well be now

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, alot if store employees are pissed cuz the mask wrangling is left up to them, I seen on the news that some owner had to give his employees a few days off just to give them a break from mask fights, people are just so dumb especially since it's really not that big of a deal, wear your mask get your shit done and leave=simple. Mick the bunnies look so cute and peaceful, I have Kells dogs while their out of town, couldn't find Ruffles the cat but he's got plenty of food so I'm sure he'll be fine, Sam, for once I'm over summer too, maybe cuz it's boring this year, maybe cuz it hasn't rained in over 70 days, maybe I'm just feeling like a crab but yes I too am done, PQ, I'm making tostada's for dinner much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then? Hope we are all well surprise surprise it is pouring down with rain here massive gales and yesterday down south there was a typhoon. On top of that we have the Saga of the people returning from Spain having to go into quarantine for 14 days strangely enough the only ones that are kicking off are. the stupid ones that actually went on holiday they took the chance the new it was a risk and lost it seems like public opinion certainly has no sympathy for them at all in fact there is more sympathy for Prince Harry sorry x Prince Harry and his wife and that is pretty little too. A book has just come out talking about the family Rift between him and his brother and various other goings on including Meghan Markle saying she wasn't supported by the royal family they treated her as an outsider etc etc so me thinks he has peed on his own bonfire. With regard to the mask scenario, most people have realised that it is more beneficial to wear them than not there isn't the drama that everyone thought there would be be especially for shopkeepers having to try and coax and persuade people to wear them. Listening to the news earlier on it seems like the happy spikes in France Germany and parts of Croatia again so I think the government is right in quarantining everyone who comes into the country from these places they made a bit of a dog's dinner last time let's see if they can get some semblance of right this time and that's me off the soapbox now I will try and put some jokes up later on in the meantime as my role of MasterChef it is time to make tea I've moved ornaments made hoover noises and sprayed a bit of of Polish and smelly about the place but I haven't yet discovered how to get the tea to make itself take care have a great evening for those whose evening it is and a great day for the others
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Monday ABeroooos near and far!

P-dawg! how were the tostadas? good idea.

I've seen 2 fights almost breakout at my gym where the staff there are getting in peoples faces about wearing masks even though they are trying to workout.
                      if a gym is going to be open they can't expect folks to "try" to breath through a darn mask while doing a heavy workout. I almost inhaled my damn mask yesterday
                      at the gym trying to do the right thing. no easy answers I'm afraid.

Mick, I thought the ritual of making the tea was half the fun glad at least somebody is getting rain. ugh! Getting prepped to get back out in it again myself. 3 shoots today
                      which is just about right for my heat endurance.

Lav that's good... people are just so stressed-out these days we need to do everything to avoid confrontation for sure.

the debacle on the CNN coverage of that poor kid Nick Sandmann is freaking me out. I was just sure he was some disrespectful punk the way he was portrayed and then come to find
                      out he was just keeping calm despite the circumstances. It's frightening how fast the media can alter perception simply on how they edit a piece.
                      And in hours a persons reputation gets flushed right down the toilet. Truly frightening.

so with that, I'll be keeping my bum outta the news at all costs.

pretty mellow weekend with no great adventure to report. Did some retail therapy on Sat as we bumbled around the outlet shops.

oh, some culinary fun: gourmet Russian red garlic! super yummy

PIC Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

it's milder but with remarkable flavor. Found that oddity at the now very dwindling 'fresh 52' farmers market Sunday morn.

Sam, I just don't do hot weather well at all. Finding myself looking at climate maps online and making some longer-term plans.

Pie, sounds like the storm wasn't too bad there. I need to check on my folks in Hawaii.

ok then, packing up my gear and away we go

be well loves!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Had a good day in the office till I couldn't figure out why something wasn't working with the new software so figured that was a good time to quit. LOL Fired off an email to the onboarding group so will see what they have to say tomorrow. Got to ease myself back into this work thing.

Lav...I'm glad you're not out looking for a fight. LOL Did you end up kidless today? Did your weather improve today since I think you said it my way? Up to 86F today without a cloud in the sky.

Pauly....I saw the same news item. Honestly if you can't behave yourself stay home. I think it was great of the business owner to give them a long weekend. I just picked up some chicken breasts on the way home and haven't a clue what I'm going to do with them. LOL

Mick...wow, you just can't catch a break with your weather. We are actually under a heat warning right now, meaning it won't cool off overnight. Real meaning is my kids will freeze me off with AC tonight. LOL I think that if you travel to an area with high covid cases you need to quarantine when you get back. And you should realize that before you leave. Duh! You really don't know what goes on in a family, hence the book on the "Making of Donald Trump" Believe me if I wrote a book about my manic marriage you wouldn't believe it either. LOL Glad to hear you didn't put yourself out house cleaning, saved your energy for making tea eh?

Det...I can't believe they're enforcing mask wearing in the gym. Here you can wear them when you enter but then you're expected to remove them. Hence not going to the gym, didn't go before covid why start now. LOL I hear you about how the media can alter perceptions, there is some truth to Trump's fake news rants. Hope the shoots went good for you.

I really miss my bridge games. Got to get on that. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Still SO HOT here, yuck. Feels like ‘99’ degrees here & it’s after 7 pm, phew.
                          Got myself a haircut today, yay! That always helps my general well being
                          Also ordered 15 day 1 day old chicks that will arrive in a few days. I have to get the nursery gear ready ha ha. My 2.5 yr old girls will be relocating to the Amish farm down to the road. They can hang out there for a while, they’re just taking up roost room & eating a lot of food & not giving back. The suppliers are having a hard time keeping up with chick demands this year. Everyone is spending more time at home & trying their hand at raising chickens apparently. So I’ll be getting 3 breeds that I’ve never had before because. That’s what was available. Two of them will be white egg layers which will be a first for me. Exciting times at Lavland, LOL

Pauly, the girl who cut my hair today told me that everyone who showed up on their re-opening day June 16, including me is coming back in now. I told her I just didn’t want to end up looking like a monkey again, haha! 70 days without rain is a long time, wow!! You need Mick to send some to you.

Mick, another rainy Monday huh? At least. You don’t have to worry about watering the garden!
                          I roasted a large turkey breast yesterday so we will be eating turkey in many forms this week. Today I sliced it up over big salads, pretty good & easy too!

Hello to PQ, Det Sam, Pie & Cyn. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a nice night everyone, catch you all tomorrow!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Yes Mick send Det and I some rain! Det, sorry but I laughed when you said you almost inhaled your mask haha! Lav, good luck on the new breeds of chicks, I'm sure they'll be fine, slept weird last night, ugh, took an extra unisom and now I'm groggy as heck! PQ, I started coating my chicken breasts with parmesan, pepper and seasoned salt makes a nice crunch without bread you should give it a shot some time, also calls for a little mayo in the mix but I think not much cuz it makes it soggy that way, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Comment

Top O the Tuesday ABerooooos!

oh my, hot already...weather here still up the spout for Pauly and I. Thankfully a rather light morning for me so I'll have time
                              to get back, shower and prep things for tonights fashion shoot on the strip. Hope there aren't too many crazy peeps there. Mostly
                              the strip has been pretty darn quiet which is fine by me.

Pauly, inhaling my mask was kind of funny. I looked around afterwards to see if anyone was making a youtube vid. ack! you just
                              never know anymore.

So all the chicks are hanging out at Lav's place! that sounds like an awesome project, and a practical one. I'm allergic to live chicken dander so
                              I'm not up for that project myself. My poor tomatoes are about toast... oh well. it was pretty successful and we are still enjoying their last
                              offerings. Always good to get the hair cut. Especially when it's hot

blazing away here studying my digital marketing material. Also just starting the classic financial book 'rich dad, poor dad' which everyone raves about.
                              Anyone here read it?

enjoyed a rare phone chat with my sister in Seattle yesterday which was nice. The violent mobs have been quiet in her neighborhood the last couple days
                              so hopefully they will keep that up. fingers crossed. There are places she just can't go to anymore as it's too risky. This really is weird to experience in our
                              own country. sigh. it would be awesome if some leader would hold a big 'peace BBQ' and invite everyone to chill out and actually talk calmly. and of course...BBQ!
                              in my simplistic ideology food cures almost everything. ha!

I made a super deadly pasta last night with butter/cream/garlic sauce, mushrooms and shrimp. oh my.... moink. smiles all around here at least.

PPQ, is bridge an easy game to learn? been curious about it but with all my projects I only have so much mental RAM to go around.

ok, off to the races!

be well loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X