Abbers ~August 2,2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbers ~August 2,2020

Mae everybody, Lav, glad you got to spend time with the boys PQ, I was in a shitty mood yesterday and I just couldn't shake it, I hate those kind of days, especially when you can't put your finger on what's causing it, Mick, these political people change their stance everyday on this virus yet I've noticed the doctors on tv do too, I'm just doing my own thing to not get anything, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: Abbers ~August 2,2020

hiya all ..how are we today then? all good I hope. Firstly Pauly thanks for starting the fred ,we have been out looking at vans ,pretty expensive some of them, but in fairness they dont lose their value..Julie wanted to buy one then and there ...ermmmmmmmm nope.anyway Im sure it wont be too long ..got to get the drive altered to take them all .
    Havent a clue how the virus is doing ...made a point of not listening to the news...we are doing our own thing safe and sensible ..not the coats on off the bus coats off on the bus strategy these numpties have produced.

It is my friends funeral tomorrow at 1315 ,so hope it all goes well..I think there will be a good few there ...former soldiers from his regiment as well as prison service staff family and friends ..the max allowed at a funeral is 30 apparently..Im just bulling my shoes for it .everything else is ironed .
    Was raining here earlier but has turned out lovely now

some things you never forget!!!!!!!

20200802_165211.jpg

hope everyone is ok...

Scientists are saying pubs may have to close if schools reopen.

Is there really that much under age drinking?

Can you remember when you were little and your sister saw you with an ice-cream and so she demanded one, not because she really wanted one, but because you had one and she didn't?

Well that's now called society

The government have said they are going to have to close the pubs so they can re-open the schools.

Where are we meant to go when we drop the kids off at school?

If you're a high ranking Conservative MP who may be in a bit of trouble with the law, have a word with Prince Andrew and his lawyer.

I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Letters to Santa Claus
    deer santa:
    I wud like a kool toy space ranjur fer Xmas. Iv ben a gud boy all yeer.
    Yer Frend,
    BiLLy

Dear Billy,
    Nice spelling. You're on your way to a career in lawn care. How about I send you a frigging book so you can learn to read and write? I'm giving your older brother the space ranger. At least HE can spell!
    Santa

Dear Santa,
    I have been a good girl all year, and the only thing I ask for is peace and joy in the world for everybody!
    Love,
    Sarah

Dear Sarah,
    Your parents smoked pot when they had you, didn't they?
    Santa

Dear Santa,
    I left milk and cookies for you under the tree, and I left carrots for your reindeer outside the back door.
    Love,
    Susan

Dear Susan,
    Milk gives me the shits and carrots make the deer fart in my face when riding in the sleigh. You want to do me a favor? Two words, Jim Beam.
    Santa

Dear Santa,
    Do you see us when we're sleeping, do you really know when we're awake, like in the song?
    Love,
    Jessica

Dear Jessica,
    Are you really that gullible? Good luck in whatever you do. I'm skipping your house.
    Santa

Dear Santa,
    I really really want a puppy this year. Please please please PLEASE PLEASE could I have one?
    Timmy

Timmy,
    That whiney begging shit may work with your folks, but that crap doesn't work with me. You're getting an ugly sweater again.
    Santa

Dearest Santa,
    We don't have a chimney in our house, how do you get into our home?
    Love,
    Marky

Mark,
    First, stop calling yourself "Marky", that's why you're getting your ass kicked at school. Second, you don't live in a house, you live in a low-rent, ghetto apartment complex. Third, I get inside your pad just like all the burglars do, through your bedroom window.
    Sweet Dreams,
    Santa

Snow White received a camera as a gift. She happily took pictures of the Dwarfs and their surroundings. When she finished her first batch she took the film to be developed. After a week or so she went to get the finished photos. The clerk said the photos were not back from the processor.

Needless to say, she was disappointed and started to cry. The clerk, trying to console her, said,

"Don't worry. Someday your prints will come".

Zen and the Wisdom from Maharish
    Here are some words of wisdom from Maharishi Fattibastard....

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just f--- off and leave me alone.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tyre.

The darkest hours come just before the dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbour's milk and newspaper, that's the time to do it.

Sex is like air. It only becomes really important when you aren't getting any.

Don't aspire to become irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

Remember, no one is listening until you fart.

Never forget that you are unique, like everyone else.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

If you think nobody cares whether you're dead or alive, try missing a couple of mortgage payments

Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Have you ever lent someone $20 and never seen that person again? It was probably worth it.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.

Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

There are two theories about how to win an argument with a woman. Neither one works.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

When we are born we are naked, wet, hungry, and we get smacked on our arse. From there on in, life gets worse

The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.

Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening everyone!

Quiet day here, that’s perfectly OK with me.
      The chicks are doing fine so that’s great too. Watching & waiting for the outer bands of this current tropical storm to arrive. Looks like it may be late tomorrow or Tuesday morning. I’ll run out to the store in the morning for a few things we are out of & then hunker down I guess.

Mick, excellent job on the shoes man!!!
      I hope everything goes OK for the funeral, as much as possible. We have to travel to New Jersey later this month for a memorial service for my DIL’s Mom who was killed way back in February. The service has been delayed several times due to the pandemic. I think now is as good a time as any.
      Not much else going on here so I’ll say hello to all & wish everyone a nice night!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy unhung Monday ABeroooooofers!

oh boy, a tad behind here. An insanely hot weekend and with all the lock-down there was about squad-diddly to do aside from hanging out in the mall
        a bit and running some errands. oh well, at least it was mellow.

Mick, super great job on the train and scenery! and yes, cracking job on the shoes.

PPQ sorry you had a bum sleep. I woke up at 5 on Friday which is odd as I've been sleeping pretty hard lately. Probably my brain just starting to
        explode from all this extra study I'm doing.

Pauly, what do you guys do for fun when it's this hot?

Mick, you reminded me of an article I saw very recently wherein they were showing the frightening US GDP numbers as down about 32% for the 2nd quarter.
        Apparently the numbers would have been even worse (if that's possible) if it weren't for the unprecedented number of RV's and tow-trailers purchased very recently.
        They theorize that Americans are buying them to live in as they lose their homes and rentals. yikes. very hard times are a coming peeps. Batton-down the hatches.

made a super kickass exotic chicken on the grill last night. Marinated some boneless chicken thighs in Greek yogurt, a crapload of garlic, lime juice, olive oil and baharat spice
        blend (traditional in the Middle East), cayenne and salt/pepper. grilled at a mega-high heat and wowser it was so yummy and juicy. Served with watermelon and other assorted
        cold cuts for a nice summer-time meal. Heres'a peek:

short video clip Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

Well, good thing I have loads to study as it's a very slow work week so far. Hope things pick up soon.

... and ... back at that study

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

hi all...just a quick jump in,Im weary ,but paid my respects today as did a heck of a lot more ...there was guard of honour from the last job we were in together ,and also a contingent of blokes he joined and served with in the army.There was a man there in civvies though he was wearing his miniature medals..from the regiment my friend was in ,not mine..I looked and thought I know you ...as I passed him he looked and said bloody hell mate ...long time..so then we did the whole where and when scenario....ends up we were in Northern Ireland together in 1976..small world.hope everyone is ok ,will be a bit chirpier tomorrow ..take care
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

All prepared for whatever this tropical storm brings. Raining lightly now, just the outer bands I think. The main event should be here tomorrow morning into the afternoon.
            Chicks are good, they don’t have to worry about weather reports.

Det, your grilled chicken looks good, nice
            Did you happen to see the link I left on last week’s thread? - Guernseys for buying garlic to plant.

Mick, amazing running into an old friend like that. It truly is a small world.
            Glad you were able to pay your respects today, I know it’s especially difficult to gather during this pandemic. Take care!

Hello to PQ & the rest of the crew.
            Have a nice night all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
              bit of rain today, quite a bit so far. End to the 90º days??? sure hope so. Hope all on the coast are doing ok. Birdie lives over that way, hope she's not washed out.

waves to all
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick wow can't believe you ran into your old friend like that, small world indeed, Lav, be safe in that crazy weather! Wish we had some crazy rain out here, would make for a nice change but not a storm like the south of course, Sam, great to see you, this is the first time heats bugged me, grrrr, hope all are well I haven't seen PQ in a couple of days much love to all and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi all how are we ? hoe we are good take care stay safe

Comment

Hey there Lav. Looks like today is your day to entertain Isaias. Hope it’s less work than grandkids. Let us know.

Comment

Oy ABerooooos!

slow work week. like... super slow. getting prepped for my one shoot today... jeepers. just get the word out I suppose, FB ads perhaps.

Mick, 76 must have been interesting in Belfast I imagine. You've seen the movie '71? great flick, not sure how accurate it is, love to hear your take.

Pie, good to see you, whassup?

Sam, it's been a while... some nicer weather would be great for sure. the weekend was so dreadfully hot and then with everything being closed/locked-down it's
                      just been a real drag. No wonder people are not in great spirits here. oh well... this too shall pass. Soon hopefully!

Lav, yes I got the link thank you. not quite ready for a new project as I'm going bonkers here. Today I started to inquire as to how to renew my Aussie passport
                      and it looks like I can do it. gathering papers now and then when ready I'll have to appear in person at the consulate in LA. arg! oh well. it's worth it.

Pauly, anything interesting to do around here? it's a struggle every weekend. arg.

in the meantime, more marketing and online study is threatening to explode my head. eeek! but it's sinking in...

the way things are going I'm wondering if I maybe should have hung onto my travel trailer. hmmm.

made a super yummy strawberry salad dressing last night... more salad tonight as it's perfect for the weather.

ok, off for my 1 shoot then back to studies.....

be well loves!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings everyone,

The sun is out post post tropical storm, crazy! The storm dumped 5.64” of rain on us, my new outdoor weather station was Installed yesterday just in time for a day like this. No major damage so I won’t complain. Byrdie checked in on FB this afternoon & she’s OK! Temps look to stay in the low 80’s until Sunday. I’m ready for fall!!!
                        My grandson asked to come over after the storm so he’s here entertaining me, haha. Guess he was bored at home.
                        Folks are asking for masks again so I need to spend some time in front of the sewing machine.

Hello to all & have a nice night!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for being MIA but I have been overwhelmed with this new software program, bombarded by contractors who don't know what they're supposed to do, childcare procedure updates with daily covid changes and no boss in sight or answering his email. :rant: By the time I get home I'm exhausted and don't even want to open my laptop. I will catch up soon with you all, just wanted you to know I'm ok.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ...how are we then? hope all is well ..it is here in pseudo lockdown land..its blowing a hooley and raining like mad ....we have had a fkn lot of rain ..my weather gauge doesnt do mm itgoes from jeez will you look at that all the way through to hello is that Noah ?any chance of a boat mate Pauly I dont know if you saw this ...its a stormer ....

117166248_3428116283886020_3893114252445934187_n (1).jpg

hiya ppqp and everyone else stay safe and listen to your head not the pollytishunz x

Comment

Happy hump day ABeroooonies!!

Lav and Mick got all our rain! hey, we'd like a few drops eh?

PPQ, I'm in the same boat drowning in new software...agh! the ol brain doesn't learn new material quite as fast
                              as it used to that's what I've discovered. We'll get there!

wow, MSNBC producer Ariana Pekary just resigned and blasted the network with a scathing letter. It would be great if
                              Fox and Cnn would have some similarly brave and lucid souls do the same thing. Our media is very very sick and maybe
                              this is a sign of positive change... or maybe I'm hopelessly optimistic. ack. we'll see.

Another day of just 1 and only 1 photo shoot. eeeeek! putting out the feelers but the market seems mighty freaked-out and
                              folks are understandably tight with their money. Wishing I would have been able to stock away some gold when it was well
                              under a grand. Oh well.

Made super yummy beef kebabs on the grill with cucumber, tomato, feta salads. perfect summer fare.

Lav, have you made Thai larb salad with ground turkey? it's super fun and summery also.

otay, off to cram some more learning into the noggin before driving all the way out to Lake Las Vegas for my shoot.

be well loves!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X