Super Sober Sunday 16th August 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Sunday 16th August 2020

I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

Don't be scared of making the leap...........Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number...............Time Duration Calculator: Time between two dates/times

For me its 4058 days or 11 years, 1 month, 9 days excluding the end date...............:egad:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Sunday 16th August 2020

2450 days or 6 years 8 months and 15 days.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Checking in early in case I forget again...

It has been 2609 days - since my day 1.

I think I'm great. I tell myself because I won't get praise for getting sober at home.
      My family haven't discussed it since 2012 when they outed me in Australia on holiday. They told me I drank too much.
      My drama queen of a daughter went to town on me & dragged up so much.
      My husband seemed to think it was no big deal - "just drink when you are out with me" .... if only it were that simple.

I had already quit in July & this was December and I had planned to drink on holiday. I started in the airport & continued on the plane.
      The whole holiday was me going from drink to next drink. It was horrible & to be honest I was glad to get home, get back to normal routine and stop drinking.
      And I did ....... until the next holiday in June 2013 in Greece - more planned drinking because I couldn't imagine a holiday without alcohol.
      Going back AGAIN to that gnawing feeling from the time I awoke - wondering how I could maneuver the day to include drinking. Yuk !!!!

I had my SIL who was more than happy to do the same & delighted when I'd suggest a liquid lunch !

That was the beginning of the end. I quit for the last time the day I returned to work after that holiday. June 24, 2013.
      I had tasted freedom & I knew what type of life I wanted.

Not sure where all that came from -:egad: but I always like to think Newbies read here and maybe they'll get some solace knowing it CAN be done.
      If not the first time - just keep trying.

Comment

3777 Days
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

455 days.....
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

134 days
            :sendflowers:
            Last edited by fickle; August 15, 2020, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Checking in early in case I forget again...
              Not sure where all that came from -:egad: but I always like to think Newbies read here and maybe they'll get some solace knowing it CAN be done.
              If not the first time - just keep trying.
              Exactly............I made my first post on the Shout Out way back when I was 12 days sober.....someone else did it then.
              I'd dithered around for about with moderation (tell me what is the point on one drink?) controlled binging (only getting hammered at ther weekend in other words), lower abv............it was such a chore.

When the thread came up each week I tentaively posted those 12 days thinking 'Go on you've done 12 why not another 7) and so it went until being sober or alcohol-free became a way of life. I learned from those that went before me............I got bolder and turned down things that made me uncomfortable and again I got support from those that went before me. You'll not find me in a pub unless there's food or a good band. The arrive late leave early started to make sense.

So anyone making that first post we don't forget our scared first post, our shaky hands, our disgust in ourselves, the mornings after we swear off the grog forever ony by 6pm we're unscrewing another bottle...............and while a whole lot of time has passed since some of us made our first post.....its not something we forget...........we have walked in your shoes.
              Last edited by JackieClaire; August 16, 2020, 06:41 AM.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

5 years, 7 months, and 3 days of living life hitting the pillow each night still sober...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Shouting out 2449 days.

Thanks for sharing @satz - it always helps to see a successful journey that's also REAL.

Comment

Another sober one from me. And I’ll be queueing up for one of those hugs whenever this is done JC!!

Comment

Day 1774 for Stirly! Yay Me!!! And YAY to everyone who is sober today - Day 1 or Day 10000. Every day is an accomplishment to be proud of!! inkele: :spin:
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                      X