My near 6 month sober update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My near 6 month sober update

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am still going strong and still sober. This weekend I have been going throw a faze of I miss my beer of choice but I just remind myself that I do not miss the after effects or the day after and I do not miss being too drunk and doing stupid stuff. I do not miss being excited for it then spend the next day swearing it off and then within a week later I am back to being excited for it all over again. I was so tired of going through the cycle of drinking then regretting it then drink again.

I am almost at 6 months and even if I miss my beer of choice I will not cave in and drink it.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: My near 6 month sober update

Great work Drifty! :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good to hear from you, Drifty. 6 mos. is a heck of a start! well done.

Comment

Awesome work Drifty!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Awesome!
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good to hear of your progress, Drifty. Keep up the good work!!
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks everyone. On my last quit, this was around the time I fell off. I feel stronger now then I did back then.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

You've got this.

Comment

Congratulations, Drifty! I am slightly ahead of you- at 11 months... but this time, it is for the right reasons.
                  Protect your quit!
                  "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                  so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                  :hug:

Comment

great work

what health effects have you noticed. you lost weight, sleeping better, better skin, etc...

Comment

Better skin and sleeping better right now. And waking up refreshed and not full of regret.

Comment

Working...
                      X