Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Septictember 20

morning all
    figure 'd get the ball rolling. Got to go work on a neighbor's fence today. I have few cows over on his field and the fence is not there basically. Then hopefully have enough time to bus hog his field. Of course it means I'm not getting boo done around here which never goes well with the boss.

enjoyed your pics, Mick

have a good one folks
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Re: Septictember 20

Mae everybody, Sam thanks for the kickoff Lav, the kids looked happy, can't believe how big they're getting! Yep there's alot of things the masked has actually helped me too, haven't had my allergies as bad(still there but not as often) can't smell customers with bad breath haha, and cleaning the guinea pig cage isn't as sneezy who knew, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya Sam the man ..hows you then ?hope yuget the cows issue sorted out my post disappeared ..this is all thats left of it on recovery ..wow..no jokes nuffink!hope you are all well
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Had a decent cool day here with sun too, nice.
        Grandson has gone home, he was well behaved & I’m thankful, haha!

Sam, did your cows take that fence down? Were they trying to run away? We’ve seen cows & goats wandering on the roads around here, weird wondering how they escaped!

Pauly, turns out the masks are actually useful, who knew? Now no one can see the face you may be making behind the mask, haha!!\\

Mick, sorry you lost your post, hate when that happens. Hope your day Was good

Hello to PQ, Det, Pie & Cyn!

Have a nice night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...thanks for starting the thread this week. Hope you got the fence resurrected. It's nice to have neighbours with available fields.

Mick...lost my post this morning too so just shut it down. Too frustrating.

Pauly... it's now getting to the point when I don't have my mask on I feel naked.

Lav...I used to come across cows in the strangest places and wonder where did you come from? Glad your G/son was well behaved for you.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Sunday ABerooos! just a quick hidy -ho as it's time for couple's sci-fi on the couch. what geeks!

Sam, thanks for the bootup

shouts to Mick (great pics) Lav, Pauly, PPQ, anyone else hiding about?

super bbq night and kale chips to boot. super easy and yum.

more to come... super busy day Monday but that means bucks

be well loves!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick sorry about your lost post, happens to us all sometimes and just don't feel like writing it again, PQ, I know! Feel super exposed without the mask on now like"what's missing?" Det glad you're keeping busy, think our weather will be decent this week if we could just get rid of the lingering smoke we'd be ace, Lav, glad grandson was well behaved, Rome was painting himself and his toys with ice cream yesterday and I just sat and watched, he's at that age where if you piss him off it takes forever to get him calm so I just stood by with a wet rag to wipe him and his stuff down, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday for us all!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone how are we today then? hope all is well well. And absolutely gorgeous day today, not a breath of wind and it is really hot... both rabbits are playing and in the best of health. At the moment I'm cleaning out the van ready to go to the dealers on Friday quite pleased that actually I found a £2 coin under one of the seats. Picked my glasses up this morning.. I got bifocals this time as opposed to varifocals I can't wear them I had done previously and nearly fell down the stairs but these bifocals seem Pretty good I can actually read with them as well as drive so it covers the two parameters of my sight ..a quiet day today as I say all I'm doing is cleaning at the van taking my time take care of a great and have a great day

If scousers had any sense of irony, every boy born on Merseyside would be christened either Rob or Nick.

“Hello bartender”
                “Good evening sir”
                “Bartender, what’s the wi-fi password, please ?”
                Bartender “you’ll have to buy a round of drinks first”
                “OK, two single malts and three pints of heavy”
                “There you go sir, £17.20 please”
                Customer hands over £20 note, then
                “Keep the change, now what is the password please ?”
                Bartender “thank you sir, as for the password ‘you’ll have to buy a round of drinks first’....all lower case and no spaces”

I put this ad in a lonely hearts column.

'I like to go for long walks stopping regularly for nice cool drinks. I enjoy good food and at the end of a day I would love to curl up on the sofa with you and stroke your hair.'

I only got one reply.

From a Golden Retriever.

I had a Phaal with Aloo Saag for tea last night.

Today is not Zero Emissions Day in my house.

Went to my local bookstore today.
                "You got any copies of that new book about the mental health of MPs in Westminster?"
                "They're all gone."
                "Yeah, that one".
                Last edited by Mick; September 21, 2020, 04:11 PM.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Enjoying the cooler weather here but I hear there’s some heat on the way back. Of course, haha!!
                  Made a good pot of vegan Italian vegetable barley soup for meatless Monday, yum!

PQ, I haven’t seen any wandering animals today but the day is not over yet, Lol
                  My grandson is now on two different meds, they are definitely helping with his behavior but I have reservations about medicating kids. Side effects stunting growth is one & then there’s the issue of the kid not learning how to regulate his behavior without chemical help. I just keep my mouth shut but I do praise him on his improved behavior. Hope your day was good!

Det, you sound good & busy

Pauly, I still make the boys go sit on the deck when they have ice cream. Tired if that mess in the house, haha!!

Mick, thought for sure you would be well into cooler weather by now. Nothing is normal this year.
                  Glad you like your glasses! I still take mine off before heading down a flight of steps. I’m not looking for another fall in my future. The last one was 20 years ago in November & I’m still messed up haha!

Hello to Sam, Pie & Cyn!
                  Hope everyone has a great night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...couples sci-fi on the couch sounds like a perfect way to end the weekend. One of these days I'll be able to BBQ again, currently it's sitting in my living room.

Pauly...our city was smoke free today, what a nice change. Bright, sunny and not too warm, perfect fall weather. Hope it lasts awhile. I hate the saying boys will be boys but sometime kids just gotta be kids.

Mick...I'm glad you had a nice weather day and that the peskies are happy and healthy. You and your money, LOL. I refuse to wear varifocals for exactly that reason, who needs a trip down the stairs. So far I'm still ok with the drugstore reading ones but if I ever have to wear my distance glasses all the time I'd go with bifocals as well. Sounds like you had a quiet day and you've got lots of time to get the van ready.

Lav...I have got to get onto some soup recipes, I could live on it all winter. I hear you about the meds but sometimes not medicating is worse. Hopefully when he's a little older they can start weaning him off teaching him how to regulate his behaviour. Good for you praising his good behaviour. Happy to report the masks are still in Canada but still don't know where. My day started with a text at 7am saying childcare had no wifi and couldn't sign kids in or out. Popped over to see what I could do but no luck. We had the floor replaced in the office over the weekend and I'm sure they unplugged a cable. As it turns out the boss unplugged it on Saturday, you'd think he'd have gone back and plugged it in when they were finished!! Then a resident walked in to my office around 3:30pm and I said how did you get in? She said the girl at the door just let me in. Spoke to the childcare director and said her staff can't do that and she said I told her that. At this point the boss came back from his 11:30am lunch and said I meant to talk to you (the director) about telling your staff to keep the door closed. FFS he was going to do that last week. So at that point I decided it was time for me to go home.

Waves to Pi, Sam and TG. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick hello this morning, wanted to sleep longer but didn't want to sleep for too long if that makes any sense haha, so I'm groggy, much love sent and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Comment

Hello everyone good afternoon to you hope everybody is well . Overcast here today but touch wood so far it isn't raining. I've been cleaning out the car ready for Friday day it is immaculate inside no crisps sticky sweets nothing left at all haha. I'm doing this on my phone so I can only see the front screen so apologies to anyone and everyone for not replying individually. Interesting last night sitting having tea looked at the window and to armed response vehicles were outside apparently someone had robbed the Little Shop the village taking on the ciggies and then run up this way and across the fields apparently were armed as well hence the need for the armed response so they turn up jump out the vehicles pick up the weapons out of the safe in the boot and then move across the fields the only problem being the second vehicle the boot was left open oops the other shooty gunnies were inside
                        One of the cops noticed and in his best casual saunter back shut it. Apparently found a sword up by the reservoir but no ciggies

Comment

Top of the Tuesday ABeroooodles!

yep, yesterday was quite a workout, managed back home about 6:30 just exhausted. Today will be busy but hopefully back around 5.

I'm so incredibly done with the media hate-vomit coming from both sides of this joke of a gov. I'm boycotting all media that discusses politics
                          now as it's important in protecting my sobriety which is imperiled when I get too stressed-out by the negative cognitive coregulation of unenlightened morons
                          that believe the hype. Survival mode.

hopefully I'll have time to hit the gym tonight... it's time for sure. I made an Afghani-inspired dressing/dipping sauce recently that's super darn yummy.

cilantro
                          mint
                          garlic
                          white vinegar
                          freshly ground cardamom
                          S&P
                          olive oil
                          blend that really well and yummo!

as for dinner tonight... no idea yet.

I ended up getting stuck at a guard gate for 1 1/2hrs yesterday waiting for entry into a luxury estate. Thinking I should download
                          an audio book for such times.

PPQ, that's a lot of work craziness...hope you're getting some rest/recovery time.

Pauly, waking up groggy is no fun... fellow insomniac here can relate. I've got to say since I've been taking CBD before bed it's
                          really helping me. it is expensive though.

Mick, that's some excitement for your normally sleepy spot there. we get the police helicopter overhead a couple times per week
                          these days. I think everyone is just so tense and psychologically unwell lately that crime is rising everywhere. or at least it seems like it.

otay, first shoot starts soon... gotta pack up and go find this darn place.

finding my positive feeling state... ommm ommm

be well loves!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Got my walk in before the darkness ensued, haha! So much for talking a morning walk - I forgot, LOL
                            Nice weather here for the first day of Fall

PQ, your boss is about as useless as a ..............(fill in your own blank), haha! I forget a lot of things these days but I blame it on my age & an old head injury, what’s his excuse?
                            Glad the package is still in the right country. Hope your postal service is smarter than ours. Do you use Pinterest? I have lots of soup recipes on my soup page, you can take a look.

Pauly, I’ve been sleeping better the last few nights so getting up hasn’t been a problem - go figure.
                            Regulating sleep during a season change always has it’s problems.

Mick, an armed response to a ciggie heist doesn’t sound quite right. There had to be something else going on for sure. Fortunately not too many people have swords around here, geez!
                            I’d love to get you to clean out teh back of my car after I’ve had the boys in there, such slobs haha!

Det, your dressing sounds good!
                            If staying away from the political stuff is better for you then that’s what you should do. I’m at the age where I really feel the need to know what the criminals are up to especially when they are using our tax dollars to do their dirty work.
                            Hope your day was good!

Hello to Sam, Pie & Cyn!

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...that made perfect sense to me. I woke up early this morning and was so comfortable I knew I could just fall back to sleep. But then I'd wake up groggy so just got up. I wish I could feel that way when I go to bed at night.

Mick...well a little bit of excitement for you last night eh? I'm glad they realized the boot was left open. A sword. Who robs a shop with a sword? When you're finished with Lav's car I've got one that needs a good going over too.

Det...I confess I'm a news junkie. However I've become numb to all the covid numbers that keep getting spewed out. I do pay attention when they talk about lifting or reinstating restrictions when it comes to out of school care and school. That's the only revenue we've got coming in right now. You are correct though, your sobriety is priority #1 so well done. I read cilantro and didn't bother reading the rest. I don't know what it is but I can't stand that stuff. It leave a funny taste in my mouth. I do have to get more creative with my cooking though, my meals have become very bland. Hope you made it home in time to hit the gym.

Lav...glad you got your walk in, it's hard to change our routines. Yes, my boss is an ass. I just hope everyone is honest when they do their annual evaluation for the board. I know I will be. Just checked and the masks are still at the same facility since the 18th. Not sure what facility just hope they stay in Canada when they ship out. Sometimes I surprise myself and click on a recipe and it directs me to Pinterest and logs me in. I signed up eons ago so will see if I can find your soup recipes.

Sam...hope you got your cows all fenced in, the field bush hogged and got back to your own work. Gotta keep that boss happy. This has got to be a busy time for you.

Pi....haven't heard boo from you for awhile. Is everything ok? It's alright if it's not, nobody here judges, we just keep disinfecting your chair waiting for you to sit down.

Speaking of Boo...anybody doing anything for Halloween? I'm not and haven't for a number of years. Had a good day at work, as I said to the boss I won more than I lost. LOL Hope we all have restful night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X