27th sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27th sept

hiya all.how are we then today?hope all is well with everyone.Really bright and sunny here today..cool this morning buts come good now ...changed the flowers over in my hanging baskets and did the weeding ..a lazy day for me ..hope we are all doing well

10 Facts About You 1. You're reading this right now. 2. You're realising that this is a stupid fact. 4. You didn't notice that I skipped three. 5. You're checking now. 6. You're smiling. 7. You're still reading this even though it's stupid. 9. You didn't realise that I skipped eight. 10. You're checking again and smiling about how you fell for it again. 11. You're enjoying this. 12. You forgot that there's only supposed to be ten facts.

My pregnant wife has hinted she wants to name our unborn son after a screwdriver. I'm pretty sure that Flathead will get bullied at school though.

There are three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can’t

Whenever I lose my TV controller, I always find it at a remote location.

“My father drank so heavily, when he blew on the birthday cake he lit the candles.”

I went to buy camouflage trousers but I couldn’t find any

Last edited by Mick; September 27, 2020, 11:10 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 27th sept

MAE ALL...

Mick...I'm planning a lazy day today too. For some reason we all had bursts of energy and spent the day rearranging furniture, throwing out mass amounts of clutter, moving computers and server around so was without internet most of the day. Funny how much stuff you can get done when not glued to your computer.

Pauly...when my MIL was in the hospital I ended up getting wedged in between a car and a post in the parking lot. Ended up scraping the side of my car trying to get out and I was sad too, first boo-boo. But then I thought ok so now I don't have to worry about where I park at the grocery store. The pressure of keeping my car pristine was off. LOL

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Woke up hungry so must go deal with that. Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello all -

Popping in to say hello. I hope to drop in more often, now that I have launched my Blog... It doesn't have too much content yet, but it's getting there... you can check it out at: thegoodexit.com.

Happy Sunday, and here's wishes for safety and health...

More soon - TG

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Had a rain day here, kinda ugly out there. It’s supposed to rain thru Thursday so at least next weekend should be dry.
        Grandson went home so it’s extra quiet again.

Mick, sounds like you got a lot done for a lazy day. My summer flower pots look kinda ridiculous right now, I should think about updating them for the fall season.

PQ, it’s always greta to get things done when you have an extra pair or two of hands around!!!
        Hope the rest of your day was relaxing.

Cyn, great to see you & thanks for the link
        Wishing you much success with your blog. Hope you are staying safe & healthy too :hug:

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & Pauly!!!

Have a nice evening everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn! So great to see you, I'll be reading your blog so get writing! Haha, PQ, it's a terrible feeling and I just keep wondering what I could have done differently but nobody was around, it's a gated condo unit right behind my house, townhomes that are owned not rentals I think that's why nobody was in the office, my family thinks I should have knocked on someone's door but really are they going to want some weirdo knocking on their door? Especially with covid, most drop offs I do they wait til I'm long gone to get their groceries, I had a lazy day too yesterday, the boys for a bit cuz Kell came home early cuz the shops been slow, Lav, it's a mix of calm but empty when the kids go, I know that extra quiet feeling well, been trying to organize around here and get rid of stuff that's been in my life for too long, waves to Mick, Det, Sam and Pie, hope everyone has a great BF Monday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then? Hope everyone is ok ok but overcast here today but at least it's not raining full stop my sunflower is still surviving at so far it has survived winds rain and Frost it currently has got 5 heads on it full stop looks pretty poorly though the rest of it but the heads look quite nice. I am off to a place called Brighouse soon comma I've managed to find a gas bottle for sale... they are like rocking horse poo at the moment to get a hold of everyone is buying caravans motorhomes and all that sort of things
            Hiya tree girl absolutely brilliant to see you again I went to your site and read your blog I left comment for you. You don't by any chance give governments lessons in planning and strategies do you? Take good care of yourself

Hiya ppqp how are you today then? Did you have your lazy day? For some strange reason this morning I felt very tired that is a good way of looking at it with regards to the car. Hope you have a good day

Hiya pauly how are you today then? Like you getting rid of rubbish my new car has just had its first run to the tip this morning. You take care and look after yourself

Hiya lav how are you today then? Yes I plan to drop some of my hanging baskets and planters with both pansies and cyclamen it adds a bit of colour and we'll keep going through the winter. Have you ever grown grapes before ? Question open to anyone really I'm going to grape vines in the conservatory only small ones that present but the bottom leaves are going yellow and brown not sure whether it isn't humid enough or whether I'm over watering them or indeed there is a lack of potassium or nitrates any answers on a postcard

Right folks that's me big shout out to those that are missing take care and look after yourself16013015557355307557696340524682.jpg

16013016267062550091916940257725.jpg

16013017617032083312834619281767.jpg
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy unhung Monday ABeroooskies!

'enjoying' a hem... being on hold with the IRS yet again trying to figure out why I haven't received my refund
              let alone my stimulus check yet. arg.

got a workout this weekend moving our 10x10 storage unit. at least it's done!

Mick, what an absolutely lovely van! adventure awaits.

Treegirl! so glad you popped back in and that's a great blogsite...still reading.

Lav, it was too hot for BBQ this summer (by far) but I just have to do it every few days when possible.
              amazing kebabs grilled last night

we got out to Lake Mead Sat night after the sun went down for a little campfire and hanging out on the rocky beach.
              not exactly the prettiest lake but a nice change of environment.

so happy to say our wee family unit has been getting along pretty well lately. Always a blessing when drama is at
              a minimum.

Pauly, this nation certainly has perfected many forms of laziness.

I better pay attention to these phone prompts. will catch up more soon...

be well loves!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Cloudy all day until dinnertime then the sun came out & now it’s getting dark. Like watching a movie or something, haha!
                Trying to get caught up on craft work, the weekend had me too pre-occupied to get anything done.

Pauly we all love the calm but when the emptiness ensues then boredom kicks in. I never get bored, I have many things I can do but sometimes it’s the human communication you really want even if it’s with a little kid. I love having chats with the kids & hearing what’s on their little but growing minds

Mick, we had grapevines at our previous house. They grew like crazy for years but the grapes were so incredibly sour you couldn’t do anything with them. I used a lot of the grapevines to make wreaths, haha!
                I really don’t know how long you’re going to be able to grow yuors inside, they usually go dormant this time of year so the yelllowing of the leaves may be normal.
                The van looks great, inside & out!

Det, I saw your kebabs, good job!
                Family peace has always been my mission, not always an easy one, so many variables. Glad you got a short getaway last weekend!

PQ, how was your day?

Hello to Cyn, Pie & Sam.

Have a great night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG....don't know how I missed your post yesterday. So good to have you back. Had a quick look at your blog and will sign up soon.

Pauly...unless you knocked on the door you delivered to I'd be a little leery about doing that too.

Mick...did you have success in getting your gas tank? It was overcast here today but that was because we have now entered Chinook season. It was like a 2 colour rainbow, big black ring and then a small bright blue ring. LOL I'm not surprised you were tired toady, you had a busy week culminating with the awesome van. Great pics.

Det...I'm glad to see the sitting on hold all day isn't just me. Hope you got things sorted, took me 3 days. Your little sunset campfire sounded devine. Sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

Lav...at least you got a little bit of sunshine. LOL Is your craft sale this coming weekend? We cancelled ours and the prog coord actually got an email asking "What does that mean?" LOL It was a quiet day, got a lot of personal stuff done. Boss not here, prog coord left at noon, so I left at 3:30. I'm taking advantage of the building remaining closed to the public because the time will come when I have to stay till 5pm and it'll be dark when I leave.

Thinking of Pi and Sam...Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick that's a nice vehicle you got there my dad used to date a lady from here in Vegas a few years ago and I used to love inviting myself to sleep over haha, she had a beautiful house here but used the R. V to escape her adult kids that were assholes and trashed her house always partying! It was good binding with my dad(even though we would drink) it was lots of laughs, they broke up pretty quick though, my dad reels em in but doesn't treat them great if they don't put him first, maybe that's where I got my own arrogance Lav, yep sometimes I just sit and talk with Lou and am amazed at how he sees things, he's so smart! Romes just my little cuddle bug for now, you've seen him he's just too squishable haha! Lb is moving back to Vegas, she feels she's done her time in Portland and is tired of living with her mil, they get along great but Lb thinks it's just time to come home, I'm trying to talk her out of it cuz I'm thinking they're gonna get here, realize it's a mistake and jet back and I'll be even more sad, PQ, how are your boys doing? I haven't heard anything so I guess no news is good news? Anytime I can get outta work early I run to the door too! Det, I haven't been to Lake Mead in forever just cuz I look at the ring around the rocks and get to thinking too much, all that water GONE sounds like you guys had a great time much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Tuesday, it's my Taco Tuesday mask day, I bought a pack that has days of the week like the undies we had as kids haha!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi all how are we today then? hope all is well with yall..lovely and sunny here again today. Rabbits out playing .Been messing with the van ...I have ..not the rabbits that is!!last night I thought there was a problem ,couldnt get the main light to work ..checked the fuses all ok so thought the bulb had blown even though it looked ok ..then this morning Couldn't get the spotlamps to work either ..again checked all the fuses nothing ..it turns ou to switch the lights on at the main control panel you push button in and hold ..holding was what I wasnt doing ..duh! oh well

hiya ppqp ..hows you then?hope you are ok despite the helicopters .Yes I got the bottle ,but its not as Ithought..it should be propane not butane ..the dealer told me porkies .!!hows work going?

hiya Lav ,how's you then? All good ?hopefully my grapes will turn out ok ..we shall see. Still haven't worked out what's up with the leaf colour. Yes sometimes you need conversation and rabbits aint that clever at replying .

hiya pauly ,how are you today then? Hope all is well with you.

hi Det ..you ok my friend? What's the IRS trying to cane you
                      for? Glad things are good for you on the domestic front .Yes looking forward to get away in the van take care mate

big shout to everyone

I phoned up a hotel and the receptionist said hello best western. I said Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood .

Taking bets on how long it will be until Boris and Cummings get caught having a lock-in at the House of Commons bar...

There's a list online of the ten most useless things during lockdown. But it seems a bit redundant.

Number one is number ten.

A large woman was shopping for shorts in our local sports shop.

She came out of the changing room and asked me, "Do these shorts make my arse look fat?"

I replied, "No - it's the fat that makes your arse look fat."

Comment

Ahoy ABeroooodles!

quick pop-in prior to my 3 shoots today and wishing all a fabulous and happy time.

thankfully sunset is at 6.37 tonight so my twilight shoots aren't as dreadfully late as we continue through
                        this wacky year. Darlene wants to see the debate tonight so just as well I'll be out doing something productive.
                        I'll perhaps just see the blooper highlights for entertainment value.

Pauly, very introspective... I like it.

Mick, where's your first van adventure going to be?

Lav, no kiddo incursions lately? yes the kebabs were a hit for sure. Last night I made chicken
                        cacciatore with salads...yummo! and we even made it to the gym.

got things sorted with the IRS... I think. up to 9 more weeks of waiting to get my tax refund let alone
                        anything stimulating financially.

great youtube study on the first clinical trials of Vit D for C19 if you search 'vit D first clinical trial' and find Dr Campbell.

otay...off to see the wizard

Tree, Sam, Pie... all spiffy?

be well loves!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Only 2 more hours until the debate starts, haha! I will watch only because I want to see 45 make an a$$ of himself!
                          Quiet day here but that’s OK.

Yep PQ, craft fair is Saturday & I hope it’s not raining since it’s an outside event!
                          Glad you got to skip out early. That’s something that never ever happened at the hospital, naturally. When your relief was late getting in there was all kinds of hell to pay, haha!

Pauly, does your daughter have work lined up in Vegas? Moving anywhere right now must be difficult for everyone. It will be nice having her closer though, right?

Mick, every time I get a new car it takes me years to figure out all the bells & whistles, haha! You’re doing pretty well I think.
                          I wonder if I have any pictures of our old grape vines. We had them growing way back in the end of the yard & were pretty much out of sight from the house.

Det, no kids visits during the school week. They’re all tied to their laptops & iPads at home doing schoolwork
                          Cacciatore sounds pretty good . Hope the phot shoots go well.

Hello to Sam, Pie & Cyn.

Have a great night all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
                            bit of rain last night and fall is definitely on its way. Taking a day to do some inside work, good golly miss molly I'm behind.

well I watched about as much as the debates as I could stand, wasn't anything about policy, but all about attacking. My blood pressure felt like it was going through the roof. I've already voted but the wife wanted to watch. When it came to climate change, I was shocked that there anyone who could be capable of denial, which makes me kinda sad for our planet.

Lav, suppose to be a nice weekend so hope you enjoy your craft weekend.
                            Mick, how was your garden year? Nice van!!
                            PQ, when's snow season begin for you, not trying to rush anything....
                            Pauly, how's the hair business and mask wearing? I've been amazed at all the different masks I've been seeing.
                            Det, any good photo shoots lately?
                            TG, too good to see you post. Where might I find your blog?
                            PI, hope you are well.

see you all on the flip side
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today .?good hopefully .It is pouring down here today,the man has been t fit the alarms and sensors to the van..I wish I was one of those people that could stay out of the road ...but nope not me ..peeing down with rain and Im in it!!He is back on Monday to fit the reversing sensors

hiya Sam ow are you then mate?ok I hope .....did pretty good in the garden this year ..most of the stuff I grew from seed cuttings or swopsies ..

download (2).jpg

20200907_113638.jpg

yes the van is good ..the guy that has been today was impressed with it .Isnt it strange ...we are getting bombarded with progs and documentaries about Trump..take care friend

Hiya Lav how are you then?good I hope ..stop sending rain please..Im the same as you. I need to find out how to do things ..so far Ive been on the owners website for vans ,and asked 2 questions ...both times I got smartarse answers ..I know that feeling ..when your relief was late!!not impressive .hope you have a good day .

hiya det ....how did the shoot go ? hope it was a success .I think we are doing a pretty good job of wrecking human kind .selfish ,,greedy to name a couple of descriptives take care ...hiya everyone stay safe

The only thing I take seriously in the newspapers nowadays is Fish and Chips.

And even that I take with a pinch of salt.

Have you ever tried archery blindfolded?
                              You don't know what you're missing!

110181854_10223984991077451_295189833088310184_n.jpg

I phoned the Weak Bladder Helpline about my problem. It's 1p a minute.

Henry Abel's son, David, burst into the house, crying like everything.

His Mama asked him what the problem was.

"Pop and I were fishing, and he hooked a giant fish. Really big. Then, while reeling it in, the line
                              busted and the fish got away."

"Now come on, David," his mother said, "a big boy like you shouldn't be crying about an accident like that.

You should have laughed".

"That's what I did, Mama".

I took my old dad to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes.

We decided to grab a bite at the food court.

I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him.

The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors - green, red, orange, and blue.

My dad kept staring at him.

The teenager kept looking and would find my dad staring every time.

When the teenager had had enough, he sarcastically asked: “What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?”

Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response;

In classic style he responded without batting an eyelid …………

“Got stoned once and f**ked a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.”

The following is an ad from a real-life newspaper which appeared four days in a row - the last three hopelessly trying to correct the first day's mistake.

MONDAY:
                              For sale: R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale.
                              Phone 948-0707 after 7 P.M. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who lives with him cheap.

TUESDAY Notice:
                              We regret having erred In R.D. Jones' ad yesterday. It should have read
                              "One sewing machine for sale cheap. Phone 948-0707 and ask for Mrs. Kelly, who lives with him after 7 P.M".

WEDNESDAY Notice:
                              R.D. Jones has informed us that he has received several annoying telephone calls because of the error we made in the classified ad yesterday. The ad stands corrected as follows:
                              "For sale R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 948-0707 after 7 P.M. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who loves with him".

THURSDAY Notice:
                              I, R.D. Jones, have no sewing machine for sale. I smashed it. Don't call 948-0707 as I have had the phone disconnected.
                              I have not been carrying on with Mrs. Kelly. Until yesterday she was my housekeeper but she quit!

Comment

Working...
                              X