International Army October 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Army October 2020

Bit different start from white rabbits but how's about a white snout.
    My darling Bess................who decided last year she's had enough of Mr, JC's driving coming home from Scotland and deccided she could do better.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: International Army October 2020

Oh Jackie, what a beautiful photo :heartbeat: Am sure you are very raw and empty at the moment so self care and a bit of pampering is a must. Might help to reminisce and have a good cry too. Whatever you feel like, we are here for you. We would be lost without you, I was over in last months thread, checking to see if you were ok and here you were, setting us up for October.

Walk done and moving on to do the final coat of paint on skirting boards. That’s it then, so sick of it.

Comment

Good morning Army!

Jackie, darling, such a sweet face.:heart: Thanks so much for posting the picture. I know how you feel, I've been there. As Rusters said - pampering is in order - both for you and Mr. JC. You have so many wonderful memories of your girlie. Now is the time to get them out. Laugh, cry, remember her quirks and her antics. Hold them close to you. Again, sending hugs to both of you.

Covid scare in our neighbourhood. A company just a kilometer away has 5 cases, two of which are hospitalized. Not good. Hate all of this. The govt has people going around and checking the working conditions of the businesses in our area. Mainly to see if the sanitary measures are being followed and if the employees are wearing masks. My guess is that the people checking aren't wearing suitable masks themselves. No info given to the public whatsoever. Everyone wearing those damn fabric masks. Not that there is much else available. Anyway. Enough of that.

Wishing you all the best day you can make it.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Evening All .....
        Hope you are all ok [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]

Still self-isolating here - but the holiday was so worth it.
        Getting to see The Parthenon in Athens was a highlight after 'studying' it for 12 months - remember that ? :haha:
        In one ear & out the other at the time but seeing it in real time was fascinating.

I consider myself lucky that i am able to stay at home for 14 days - which was one of the pros when we drew up the pros/cons list last month before going.

Other pros :
        * Already paid for & I can't afford to lose over €1k
        * Hadn't had time away in 12 months
        * Had holidays to take from work
        * Had family down the road who adore Rosie & didn't want to give her back.
        Cons:
        * SIL
        * COVID19

in that order ..... :harhar:

Comment

Happy October, Army. Just happens to be my favorite month in my corner of the world. Blessings x
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Where is everyone ?

Comment

We're okay. Hardest bit is putting away her dishes, blankets, two sheep skin rugs (that weren't hers in the first place bust she claimed them anyway) and we keep finding her toys everywhere.
              She's beng cremated and will be home in about two weeks.
              Taking her all her left over tins of food/chews and any drugs left to PDSA to see if they can be used. Got as far as writing a list of what we've got but just I just couldn't ring them.

The house feels so empty.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

The house feels so empty.
                You will never replace Bess Jacks :hug:
                We've only got Rosie 2 years & I can't imagine the house without her. Most surprising is MrS dotes on her.
                Maybe later on you would think of giving a little of the love you had for Bess to a rescue ? Seems a pity to waste it.
                Some poor mutt that had a bad start in life would be lucky to get a home with you & MrJC.:heart:

Comment

Thanks Jacks for saving me talking to myself. :hug:

Off to the leaba :llama:

Comment

Evening. Thats hard [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], tidying up Bess's things. What a fabulous picture of her.

Sounds like the holiday was well worth it Satz. I remember you did that course!! I presume you can get out for a walk or fresh air?

I kept youngest off for a couple of days. Throat was sore, ok now but still has a snotty nose - should I be getting a covid test? Crossed my mind alright, but kept her out of school and symptoms are those for a cold (no temp). SIL tells me that I must.
                    Your head would be wrecked with this...
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Look at that beautiful pupper face up there.

ye, get a swab, Mary. Hopefully you've got the super quick drive through ones that we've got. Like McDonalds without the trans fats.

This is my last few hours of work before holidays and I am struggling. I know that most of my colleagues would have called POETS by now but I can't leave things undone and come back to an uproar thereby negating any good the holiday may have done. I do hope my time off helps me to get my altitude back in line. Otherwise I don't know what I will do.

Back this evening.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning everyone. Enjoy your time off Bridget, switch off and recharge your batteries. Girl I job share with brought her son for test Saturday morning last weekend and had the results Sunday evening. Negative but same symptoms as your little one Mary and think he might also have a bit of a cough.

Off for the weekend. It’s hubbys last fishing weekend and there is a nice hotel. Was not sure up to yesterday if we would be able to go or not but luckily we have not been put on level 3 yet and neither has Cavan where we are going. Such uncertainty, very hard to plan anything. Glad you enjoyed your time away Satz. It’s the two weeks quarantine that make it impossible if you are not working from home. Hope I have WiFi over weekend, if not have a nice one and big :hug: JC.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].......rock and a hard place come to mind. Its prolly more likely to be the coughs and colds that just about every child get wehn they go back to school after the long summer break,,,,,,,,,,,it took less than 24 hours for Jenny and Ads to come back. Their testing is like a drive thru at Maccy Ds

Today's tiny job is to move the sheepskin rugs back to the conservatory.................Bess claimed them for her self the minute we brought them in.

I;ve got photos of her as a much younger pupper but their all on a discs which are in a safe place..................in other words I haven't a clue. We boxed a lot of stuff up when we were doing the re-furb................think the bread makers in one of them and the deep fat fryer. It'll be like Christmas when we go through them.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..................enjoy your time away from the chaos. Lying on the settee while watching box-sets is an order.

Although we're under a strict lockdown we are alllowed to see our bubble. She's the one I started infabts school with and lives alone.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hallo Army!!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            Morning and waves to the world,

Today's tiny job is to move the sheepskin rugs back to the conservatory.................Bess claimed them for her self the minute we brought them in.

I;ve got photos of her as a much younger pupper but their all on a discs which are in a safe place..................in other words I haven't a clue. We boxed a lot of stuff up when we were doing the re-furb................think the bread makers in one of them and the deep fat fryer. It'll be like Christmas when we go through them.

Although we're under a strict lockdown we are alllowed to see our bubble. She's the one I started infants school with and lives alone.

I always put things in a safe place where I won't lose them and then can't find them at all. You should just put bows on the boxes and open them all at Christmas time. Would be fun to see what you have that you'd forgotten about.

What's a bubble? I mean - who decides who you can see and who you can't?

Talked to a neighbour yesterday evening. There is a positive case of Covid in the junior high of our wee town. I am not happy. Her son goes there. He has a sister. Sister plays with the kids who live in my building. You get the picture. Apparently they are only shutting down the area of the school that the girl's classroom is in. It will be disinfected and then reopened. But what about the other classrooms, etc., I mean, unless this girl has no siblings and does social distancing with all her friends (yeah, right) she's bound to have contaminated someone. Just really getting fed up with the whole thing.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - you often give me a good laugh with your posts. The comment about McDonalds with no trans fats had me holding my tummy! Hope you enjoy your time off. Don't know what your weather is like but I bet you will be able to get out and dig around in the dirt as much as possible. Mebbe plant some new fleurs or bushes. Will you have a small greenhouse again? I think I remember something about on with herbs or something. I envy those with a garden to work in. There is a garden at my building but basically it belongs to the owners and they do very little. A shame, really - there is so much space going to waste. Rather lazy buggers TBH - can't even be bothered cutting the grass and are too cheap to pay someone. Lovely fruit trees and a stone path but that's about it. The rest is just dry weeds that only get cut in the Spring. Anyway, they do have a nice green hedge all around so that helps.

Rusters - hope you enjoy your weekend away.

Mers - what Bridget said. Better safe than sorry...

Satzers - I like the order you put the "cons" in. BTW - they had a light show a couple of nights ago in Athens. They have installed new lighting around the Acropolis and it is stunning. I am always in awe of that structure. And the Acropolis Museum is outstanding as well.

Hello to Techie, Molls, KTAB and anyone lurking.

Back to the phones. Wishing you all a good weekend!!
                            Last edited by stirly-girly; October 2, 2020, 06:16 AM.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Mr A now been told the devastating news that his life expectancy is limited. We are both crying a lot

Coping as best I can.

Going to do the Virtual London marathon on Sunday. Doing it in small chunks in between carers and family support. Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X