4TH October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4TH October

hoya all ...how are we then/all good I hope been busy today getting things ready ...(haven't a clue what we are doing bit I know we are going away on thursday ....just for 3 days to try the van out...a place called Castleton in the Peak District...not too far but a lovely area ...Hopefully we will walk up Mam Tor and go down the Blue John mine.lots of lovely walking areas .also Derwent water where they tested the bouncing bomb for the Dambusters in WW2

Hope everyone is doing good ..

a few pics ...escape attempt..caught them on the front drive ..she bit thru the wire ..

20201002_150347.jpg

his attempt at digging into the flowers ..luckily I had put stone in to stop him

20201002_150347.jpg

20201003_105606.jpg

120657677_161682598915696_5424656716560771293_n.jpg

120754922_10224311939204659_6233966124656030265_n.jpg

Cineworld to shut all 128 of its cinemas in the UK and Ireland.

I, for one, will miss a small popcorn and frozen coke costing £27

I thought my new glasses were satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.
    I just wish i could have read the small print.

According to his leaked tax returns, Donald Trump spent 70K on hairstyling in one year.
    If I were him, I'd be after a refund. And compo.

Heard on the news this morning that Donald Trump’s library caught fire last night. Apparently over 2,000 coloring books were destroyed.

A lorry carrying snooker equipment has crashed on the M25, cues expected.

Who says our Bobbies are thick?

I found and handed in a long piece of leather with a loop on the end.

The desk sergeant thought it might be a lead.
    Attached Files
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 4TH October

Good evening Abbers,

Nice day here to unwind after yesterday’s hectic-ness, haha!!!
    Tried a new recipe today for One pot Moroccan chicken stew with sweet potatoes & couscous - yum Today is YB’s birthday & he didn’t want a cake so he got a big pot of chicken stew, very tasty!

Mick, I think maybe some bunny needs her jaws wired shut for a while, LOL or maybe she needs a big chew toy!
    Glad you’re getting a trip planned to test your new van, sounds like fun!

Det, your pic is pretty CRAZY & very colorful, haha!!
    Glad you got out as well. All this staying home is making me fat & lazy & that makes me mad. It’s going to be a long, long time before we see ‘normal’ again.

PQ, yesterday wasn’t the first time someone handed me an invitation like that. On the one hand it feels nice but I don’t like the thought of possibly pushing another person out of her/his spot. I’m definitely not doing another show next weekend. I need some time to rebuild my stock, haha.

Hello to Sam, Pie, Pauly & Cyn. Hope everyone is OK.
    Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick even though the bunnies raise so much hell they sure are cute! Just seeing the pics of them always makes me smile, Det, glad you got out and has some fun, Kells excited cuz they're opening a few pumpkin patches with small rides and she's gonna take the boys, I'd go but they do things kind of late for me, at 7:30 I like to just be home unwinding, Lav, you did awesome at the craft fair! That's great you sold that much PQ, hope you had a good weekend, feels like a Monday zzzzz, much love to all and wishes for a great BF day!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

mae all how are we today then?all good I hope ,just managed to get another gas bottle for the van, so things are coming together now. Tomorrow I take the rabbits to the Rabbit Hotel where they have their own holidays and wreck someone elses place. It's raining over here today.. hopefully the weather will change for when we go away but if not hey who cares skin's waterproof

Hiya pauly how are you today then? Hope all is well with you. yes the rabbits are a complete pain.... they actually run my life now but would I change them? nope.. hope things are good with you.

Hiya lav....
        Well done you.... you have done really good with the craft fair. So how did the one pot Moroccan stew go ? I take it the indicator "yum" means it did well .Did you float candles in it. No she doesn't need her jaws wired together... she would still find a way to get into trouble. Yes I'm looking to get away to try the new van out if all goes w..ell that will be the start of travelling around Britain

Hiya ppqp hope all is well with you you in sunny kanadia. Are you still playing the cards?and winning!

Hiya det nice picture mate hope all is well with you..hope things are good with you
        A big shout out to everyone else Sam pie tree girl etc take care and look after yourselves

A very flat-chested woman finally decided she needed a bra and set out to the mall in search of one in her size.

She entered an upscale department store and approached the saleslady in lingerie, "Do you have a size 28AAAA bra"?

The clerk haughtily replied in the negative, so she left the store and proceeded to another department store where she is rebuffed in much the same manner.

After a third try at another department store in the mall, she had become disgusted. Leaving the mall, she drove to K-Mart.

At K-Mart she marched up to the sales clerk, unbuttoned and threw open her blouse, yelling, "Do you have anything for these"?

The lady looked closely at her and replied, "Have you tried Clearasil"?

"Get this", said a guy to his friend, "last night, while I was down at the bar with you guys, a burglar broke into my house".

"Did he get anything", his friend asked?

"Yeah, a broken jaw, six teeth knocked out, and a pair of broken ribs. The wife thought it was me coming home drunk again".

A convicted felon was given ten years without parole for his latest crime. After 2 years in jail, he managed to escape. His escape was the lead item on the six o'clock news.

Because he had to be careful, he worked his way home taking little travelled routes, running across deserted fields and taking every precaution he could think of.

Eventually he arrived at his house and he rang the bell.

His wife opened the door and bellowed at him, "You good-for-nothing bum! Where the hell have ya been? You escaped over six hours ago".

A duded-up city biker walks into a seedy tavern in Sturgis, SD.

He sits at the bar and notices a grizzled old biker with his arms folded, staring blankly at a full bowl of chili.

After fifteen minutes of just sitting there staring at it, the newby rider bravely asks the old biker, 'If you ain't gonna eat that, mind if I do"?

The old veteran of a thousand rides slowly turns his head toward the young pup and says, 'Nah, you go ahead'.

Eagerly, the guy wearing the shiny new leather fashions reaches over and slides the bowl into his place and starts spooning it in with delight. He gets nearly down to the bottom of the bowl and notices a dead mouse in the chili. The sight was very shocking and he immediately barfed up the chili back into the bowl.

The old biker quietly says, 'Yep, that's as far as I got, too'.

The next year, the Wongs have a new baby.

The nurse brings over a lovely, healthy, bouncy, but definitely a Caucasian, WHITE baby boy.

'Congratulations,' says the nurse to the new parents. 'Well Mr. Wong, what will you and Mrs. Wong name the baby'?

The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says, 'Well, two Wong's don't make a white, so I think we will name him....

Are you ready for this?

Sum Ting Wong

Grandparents and Kids

1. She was in the bathroom, putting on her makeup, under the watchful eyes of her young granddaughter, as she'd done many times before. After she applied her lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, "But Gramma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!" I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye..

2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 62. My grandson was quiet for a moment and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"

4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods". The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"

5. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and G-d are alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No, how are we alike?'' "You're both old," he replied.

6. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word processor. She told him she was writing a story. "What's it about?" he asked. "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."

7. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these, yourself!"

8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."

9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised, "mine says I'm 4 to 6."

10. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting," she said, "how do you make babies?" "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."

11. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked. "Sure," said the young boy confidently. 'It means carrying a child."

12. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties. "They use him to keep crowds back," said one child. "No," said another. "He's just for good luck." A third child brought the argument to a close. "They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."

13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."

14. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good good things but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!

15. My Grandparents are funny, when they bend over; you hear gas leaks and they blame their dog.
        Last edited by Mick; October 5, 2020, 11:36 AM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings folks!

Quiet day around the homestead, not complaining!
          Attacked my herb garden with a pair of clippers, it hadn’t been thinned out for way too long. It looked like one big blob of a plant, haha! The chickens are always happy to get the cuttings.
          I see there’s 2 more tropical storms approaching the SE coast of the US, crazy.
          Speaking of crazy 45 says he’s leaving the hospital at 6:30 tonight, that’s in 5 minutes. Now he can go re-infect the White House again. What a tool

Pauly, a night time hayride is fun & 7:30 isn’t that late, Lol
          Yeah, my craft fair sales may be right at the top of the best for me, I was surprised! May have to wait for spring to do another outdoor event though.

Mick, glad you found another gas bottle. Who would ever think there would be a shortage of them?
          Are you going to have to pay extra $$ for a security team at the hotel for Bonnie? Ha ha!! I hope you have a great trip & get to do all the stuff you want to do.

Det, I have been enjoying your photos, the food shots are great too! Keep up the great work!

PQ, how was your day?

Greetings to Sam, Pie & Cyn!

Have a good night all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I hear you about not wanting to go out at 7:30pm it means you won't get home till after your bedtime. LOL

Mick...I hope your weather improves for your trip but like you say you're waterproof. And with the extra room in the new van who cares. Just don't be trekking up any hills if it's wet.

Lav...my day just flew by. Got into the office at 8:30am and didn't leave my desk till 5:00pm. Not only am I still working through the new software now I have to figure out how to trick it to do what I want. Nothing's ever easy. I'm glad you had such a good sale, now you have to come up with a line of Easter masks. For some reason bunnies come to mind. LOL

Left the office today and it felt like I'd walked into the Twilight Zone. Huge black chinook cloud made it dark and ominous. Time to unwind and get off the computer. Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good afternoon all how are we today then? Hope all is well with you despite the wig on legs making a complete ass of himself and being pretty derogatory in his comments. We have been messing about with the van all morning getting the heating working properly and also the hot water finally success after contacting one of my friends who knows a bit more about this than me. Just taken the rabbits down to the Rabbit Hotel we're No Doubt they will have a great time the van is now virtually loaded with everything including the kitchen sink next door's kitchen sink and the guy across the road kitchen sink to haha the weather has been absolutely terrible today

20201006_120120.jpg

As you can see I have the perfect water feature now. Hopefully this will have gone by Thursday. Take care all you good folk and I will put some jokes up later

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Nice day here, no rain. I think Mick is hogging it all, haha!
                Apparently growing season is not quite over yet around here. YB said he transported 1200 lbs of tomatoes to the auction today, crazy. He said the Amish farmer is praying for a frost so the plants will stop producing, Lol
                Nothing big in my world, a little cleaning, a little cooking & a little gardening (AKA putzing around)!

PQ, a quick day at work is a good one, always
                I don’t think my brain can handle any new software, geez. It just keeps getting more & more difficult for me. I hope your weather hasn’t turned too nasty!

Hello to Pauly & Det.
                Hello to Sam, Pie & Cyn.

Have a peaceful night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...you don't need that many sinks, you're not going for that long. LOL Wow you're really water logged. Hope that dries up before your weather gets cold. How are you on skates?

Lav...it's not only trying to get the brain wrapped around new software, I tried thinking of the word Grain Elevator and do you think the word Elevator would come to me. Do you know what they are? Saw your craft sale setup on FB, nice selection. Why did it take 3 days to appear in my feed? Stupid FB. You're in trouble now, the Amish have awakened the Frost Gods.

Had a good day at work today, not as crazy as yesterday but got a lot accomplished. Was feeling pretty good, just starting to pack up, and logged onto FB to check the community page when I saw a post from my son. He commented with "In case anyone needs to see this" It was a repost entitled "Everything is awful and I'm not OK" Questions to ask before giving up." My first thought was Aw Shit! I know somethings been going on with him but he hasn't been easy to engage with. I think the ending of the emergency government benefits meaning he has no income now, has triggered his feelings of uselessness, if that makes any sense to you. I will be keeping a closer eye on him. They have started the repairs on the deck but it's slow going so the house remains stuffed with outdoor items (too bad you can't bbq indoors) and it's just a mess. I'm hoping when the deck is done and we can move all this sh*t out we can get on with replacing all the appliances and putting in a new kitchen floor. I know he will enjoy that, he is an electrical engineer so capable of handling all the hookups. At one point he commented that we can make this place nice again. I know that when I'm depressed, down in the dumps, a messy, cluttered house makes it worse. I knew when I left work today I had to talk to someone about what was going on and I knew who that would be, you. Thanks for listening.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, hang in there....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Sam...saw this on FB and instantly thought of you....don't know why...

Video is the place to enjoy videos and shows together. Watch the latest reels, discover original shows and catch up with your favorite creators.

Comment

PQ, HA! cows were running again last night about midnight, thinking of getting a guard donkey with no Acme affiliation

Mick, looks oh so wet.

Lav, sounds like you had a good craft weekend

Lately I've been swamped with work. 2 mountain jobs and both of them not been surveyed since early 1900's and the corner calls back then were oak stumps.... yeah, right. Have to be done by the end of October. Gonna be a sore puppy by the time this month is over.

have a good one everybody
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hi yall how are we then bit late here but being sorting it all out today loading the van etc and filling up with fuel tomorrow ...glad we are getting away for a couple of days ...they are talking about locking us down again .its on the rise again here.I honestly think the governments strategy is try and implement some sort of plan, which they know is impossible to either police or legislate, whilst underneath it all they are surreptitiously supporting the herding ethos ..That way economically it wont ruin the country completely whilst in the future when anyone tries to bring a legal claim against the govmt..they can say no we advised and implemented these strands of a strategy ...an ass covering exercise .anyway hope you are doingok everyone ..not raining today ,...not supposed to be tomorrow either ...we shall see..

Breaking news....

Nelly the Elephant has tested positive for Coronavirus.
                        When asked where she got it from,

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP she replied

A new study claims that it is better for your mental health to be 'authentic' when posting about your life on social media.

Didn't work for me. I just got another 30-day ban, and a visit from the cops.

COVID-19.

The only thing made in China that isn't counterfeit.

Boris Johnson has promised to introduce 5% mortgage deposits for first-time buyers.

So, they'll only need to find an average of £150,000 to put down on a toilet on the outskirts of London.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Pretty good day here, no rain & cool temps & I love that

PQ, I’m sorry to hear about your son. This awful pandemic is hurting so many people in so may ways. I know you’ll keep an eye on him & provide support as needed :hug:
                          Facebook has been weirder than usual lately. I posted something yesterday that still hasn’t shown up yet so where did it go? Who knows? I realized today all my Halloween masks sold at the craft fair so I’m starting on a new batch in case someone needs one.

Sam, sounds like you have your work cut out for you, good luck
                          I take itthey didn’t pound stakes into the ground to mark corners back in 1900?

Mick, I’m very happy that you are getting away for a few days. Just enjoy your time & freedom until we’re all locked down again.
                          Hope you get some fresh air & pics for us

Hello to Pauly & Det!
                          Hello to Pie & Cyn too.

Have a nice night all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...good idea about the no ACME affiliation with the guard donkey. LOL You be careful out there on the mountain and don't trip over any stumps.

Mick...I bet you're excited to get away for awhile, I'm jealous. Hope the weather continues to stay nice.

Lav...thanks, all I can do is be there for him. I'm not surprised all your Halloween masks sold and I'm sure more people will be asking for them as the day draws near.

Waves to Pauly, Det, Pi and TG.

Had a good day it went fairly fast. Waiting for the boss to submit some articles for the newsletter so spent the day sorting out files and throwing a pile of junk away. It's amazing how much time I can waste doing nothing. LOL Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad you get to get away and I'm jealous too Lav, I seen the witch mask on your FB site very cute! I think they're busy screening everything we put up maybe who knows, PQ, I'm sad about your son, this has been the most challenging time for people's mental health as well as physical health I'm not sure which is worse, hope his mood gets turned around soon, Sam glad you're keeping busy, yesterday Kell and me both played hooky from the shop, I just didn't want to go and am supposed to be taking Wednesday off anyways so usually I go to open them leave when Kell gets there at 9 she said she wasn't gonna go but would see how she felt in the parking lot haha, we both said screw it and I went and delivered groceries and she went to vote, that place is just soooooo draining I really wish for something better but don't know how to break my ties with it, it's a strange connection and it's hard for anybody to understand but me, anyways much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Thursday for us all!!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X