Super Sober Sunday 11th October 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Sunday 11th October 2020

I'd like to see a big SUPER SOBER SUNDAY SHOUTY OUTY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

Don't be scared of making the leap...........Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

Lets try a bit of happy dancing

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number.......................Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me its It is 4114 days or 11 years, 3 months, 4 days excluding the end date....................:eek-new:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Sunday 11th October 2020

Not ONE,
    Not TWO,
    Not even THREE or FOUR,

But......FIVE whole years of being free!!!

To anyone reading this who thinks they can't go even one day without alcohol - I thought the same. I thought it impossible. It's not. If you are reading this, you most likely have an issue with alcohol and are looking for a way to stop. It's really as simple as this. Just don't drink today. Maybe not always easy, but just that simple. I always scoffed at counting the days. Count them. It gives you a sense of satisfaction and another reason to not drink today. Because tomorrow that number of AL free days will be even bigger and you will feel better about yourself. Both your mental and physical health will start to improve. Try it - you've got nothing to lose but a few pounds off your body and a huge weight off of your mind. At some point not drinking will simply be a way of life and you will realize that you are free from the mental anguish that is abusive drinking.

So yes, shouting out LOUD AND PROUD - 5 YEARS!!!!! inkele::spin::flowerspin::rara:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

WOW! :shocked: CONGRATULATIONS stirly-girly what an inspiration you are! :heart:
      190 days here :llama:
      Last edited by fickle; October 11, 2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

5 years, 8 months, and 29 days of living life committed to my sobriety...

Huge congrats again [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]!
        Last edited by abcowboy; October 11, 2020, 06:49 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

812 days

Congratulations on your “palindrome”, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!

And big congratulations on your FIVE years, [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]! It must feel good to reach that big milestone! And yes -you are an inspiration!
          Last edited by Slo; October 11, 2020, 09:26 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

3835 Days
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Congratulations Stirly! A studious sober one from me.

Comment

1912 days for me, fantastic sober days adding up here :flowerspin:
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

2506 days or 6 years 10 months and 10 days.

A huge happy 5th birthday to you Stirly. I hope you had a happy day and congratulations on a brilliant achievement. xx
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

YAY, [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] !!! Big congratulations on a job well done.

I am belatedly shouting out 2506 as of today, Monday. Love the palindrome, Jacks. Way to go everyone.

Comment

Roundy alert !!

It is 2666 days since I had my last alcoholic drink.

Or 7 years, 3 months, 17 days .

Do I miss it - NO !
                      Would I sometimes just like to switch off just for one night - YES
                      Would I like sometimes on holiday to be more outrageous & go mad - YES

But I have a good memory when it comes to my long relationship with alcohol and .....
                      Nothing will bring me back to those dark days after the holiday is over, or the morning after my 'switch off'.
                      That gnawing feeling that only an alcoholic drink will fix.
                      Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X