Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 11th

MAE ALL

Just kicking off the new thread. Off to get coffee for us all.....:smile:PPQP

Re: Oct 11th

hi all just back ,great drive home down the snake pass real good .it hasmore motorcycle accidents than enough ..have a lookat this then you will understand why!

Aerial film of the Snake Pass in Derbyshire - YouTube

hope you are all well..

121336085_2717105641837016_6567192135707783114_o.jpg

20201009_120558.jpg

download.jpg

Can't wait to see the new film, "Caravan Park." The trailers look amazing...

Just bought one of those infrared thermometers and have been testing it thoroughly.

We’re all fine but the radiator is really sick

The first million people that send me $1 will get a copy of my book on how to become a millionaire on Facebook.

I said to my friend earlier I'm staying in and watching that 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' tonight.

"What", he said, "with Jason Statham and Vinnie Jones?"

"No mate", I said, "just by myself".

Donald Trump is a jackass of all trades.

Donald Trump's doctor has confirmed he is now 'no longer a threat to other people'
    I'm confused, did this come from his covid doctor or his psychiatrist?

Flora wanted to change her name by deed poll to an American State, sadly she couldnt she had no ID

I'm so anti - social.

Facebook doesn't bother with friends suggestions.

"‘Rapid evolution’ means humans now being born without wisdom teeth"

And without wisdom if the kids in my neighbourhood are anything to go by.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Sunday evening Abbers,

Dark & raining here, oh boy. Tomorrow looks like a washout so I’ll just stay inside & make stuff

PQ, thanks for the start up, hope your day was good!

Mick, sounds like your trip was a success, awesome! That’s some great drone footage. Did you notice everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road? Haha
      That reminds me of driving the coastal highway heading north in California,

Hello to Pauly & Det, Pie & Cyn!

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I had to laugh at the no threat of DT if it was from his doc or head doc, that guy seemed so euphoric the past week I told Kell I want what he's on jeez, PQ, how were the ribs? Lav bet you're busy sewing, love a good rainstorm, the news said we haven't had rain in like 170 days now, a new record! Feels like a Monday so short and sweet from me, much love to all and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?hope everyone is well ..This afternoon they aregoing to announce new lockdown measures for us in the north of England..its already fuelled the north /southdivide argument and rightly so ...most people who work in London dont actually live there so if there is a carrier then they take it back with them..

No rain for 170 days ? we havent had any in 170 minutes stay safe pauly
          no
          hiya Lav, how are you? hope all is well with you....No they arent on the wrong side of the road...simply driving backwards .....take care

hiya everyone else

16641085_10208603643916363_8212396159516484909_n.jpg

Donald Trump is back in the White House, showboating with no mask on and ignoring social distancing protocols.

Many doctors have said it's too early to determine whether or not he is still dangerous to other people.

I agree. We won't know that for sure until November 4th.

I found an amazing book yesterday, it was so great that I stayed up until 3am...

Colouring it

Paddy's & Mary's marriage was not doing well, eventually Mary took herself off to consult a therapist, Doctor O'Reilly. The Doctor spent an hour patiently asking all sorts of general questions about their marriage and ticking boxes on assessments. He eventually started to probe her on the intimate side of things;
          "Tell me Mary, how often during the average week do you have sex?"
          "Well Doctor, it can vary but usually two or three times a week."
          "That's very good Mary. When you're having sex how would you describe Paddy's expression?"
          "It's not nice Doctor, not nice at all. He looks terrible angry."
          "Ah that's very interesting Mary. Tell me, when you're having sex and Paddy has this angry expression what position would he normally be in?"
          "Usually stood on top of the ladder Doctor looking in through the window . . ."

BREAKING NEWS:
          "Sturgeon to draw up 'three-tier' lockdown system"...

As soon as she can get hold of England's, "three-tier", lockdown plan and add, "Och aye, anoo" at the end.

A friend of mine was going through a tough time

I said I have one word for you

Substantial

He said ‘thanks, that means a lot’

"Kanye West spotted in Queen's Park..."

Fans needn't worry. It might be measles but it certainly isn't Covid.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING

Mick...that does look like an interesting drive down snake pass, i can see why the motorcycle accidents. So you made it home just in time for the lockdown. Good job getting away while you could. i woke up to rain this morning and by the time I actually looked out the window it had changed to snow. I guess our fall has finally gone, it was nice while it lasted.

Pauly...the ribs turned out good. While everyone is having turkey today I'm going with chicken. Less work same result. LOL

Lav...at least it's not snowing. Sounds like a good day to get those masks done. Landlord came by with a plumber this morning this morning to have a look at things. First time he's been here in 16 years. On top of the stainless steel appliances he purchased, fridge stove washer dryer, he's replacing all the taps, new shower and new toilet. Next Saturday will see all the plumbing done and Sunday will see all new appliances. I may have to take Monday off just to admire them. He also wants to rip up all the carpeting and replace it with flooring. When the guy comes to look at the kitchen floor he'll give an estimate for the rest of the house. I may have to start doing regular house cleaning now.

Det...my rib recipe is from my Mom. Cut up all the baby back ribs and layer in a roaster. Cover with flour, salt, pepper and chopped onion. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 1/2 hour. Add the sauce...vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic and a tin of diced pineapples. Cover and bake for 3 hours at 250 degrees. it's my go to no boil pork ribs.

Shout out to Sam, Pi and TG. Have a great Monday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends!

Damp, windy & chilly today. Hopefully it’s not permanent, haha!
              Had our HVAC guy here today to give the heater & humidifier a tuneup so we’re ready for whatever comes. We also have tons of firewood stacked too. Baked a sourdough banana bread with chopped pecans today, it’s good. I baked instead of crafting so I guess I better get down there soon.

Pauly, 170 days is quite a drought. You are welcome to come get some of our rain. Hope your day was good!

Mick, I saw the video of BJ announcing the lockdown but couldn’t take my eyes off of all the hair on his suit coat . He sheds like a dog, haha!
              I agree, things were much simpler back in the 50's but I don't want to go back there, no way.

PQ, wow, you're going to have a brand new house without the hassle of actually moving, Lol. I think that's awesome, good for you!
              I hope the snow isn't too much of a bother, ugh.

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn!

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, those ribs sound fab! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Lav, I'll gladly stop by and take some of your rain haha, was it his hair on the jacket? Or an animal haha, that would be embarrassing, Mick, road looks crazy scary, when I lived in idaho we used to take drives and there were some scary canyons but man those were fun times, I loved living there but the job situation sucked, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Tuesday for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ...how arewe today then? all good I hope.yep we are in the lockdown lottery here now ,the big problem here now is the government with there lack of a credible and workable strategy in conjunction with a disregard for the rules and advice they themselves make have created a cry wolf scenario where no one ways to believe them or chooses to do so ..I went to the shops yesterday ...big signs all over the place ..it is mandatory toweara face covering ...and yet load werent..not for one minute do I believe everyone of them was excused wearing them ,,In addition there were those with them round their mouths ,their necks ..I saw cops there ,and security guards and no one said a thing ..now with that attitude how cn they expect to beat it ?
                  Im sticking to common sense
                  Been out this morning ...scrubbed the roof of the van ,and washed it down. Nice and clean and Im soaked ..it was raining too.

hiya pauly ,how are you then today? hope all is well with you..my bougie has no leaves but has really flowered brilliantly..have a great day .

hiya Lav ..see ..I told you we had an idiot like yours..you aint alone in having a muppet in charge ..He is trying to copy trumps hair style .Glad you are all sorted for anything ..kind of like the preppers ..take care

hiya ppqp ...hows you then?have you got snow or rain?we have rain ,just a steady downpour .Yes snake pass is a motorcyclists heaven ...in some cases literally .Your recipe sounds good but I wouldnt have had the pineapples with it ..Id have eaten them before that !!

hiya treegirl how are you ? I listened to that music ..Lav got it right ..it is lovely ...

I told my son, "Have you heard that they're shutting down all food resources in schools, so that children can't eat?"

"Canteens?" he asked.

"No, it doesn't matter what age," I replied.

Liverpool: You’ll never walk alone.

Government: Actually...

Bloody Tory government managing this virus.

I knew it would end in tiers.

A man called Kevin is selling his python on ebay

So some bloke rang him up and said “is it massive”
                  Kevin replies “huge”
                  Then the bloke says “how many feet”
                  Kevin says “none its a snake you muppet”

With 22 days to go until the election, Kanye West has begun his Presidential campaign.

I like the slogan he's chosen to go with.

Kanye: Not As Mental As The Other Two.

So Liverpool's gone into lock down.

Makes a change; they're normally locked up.

As a child, Prince Charles was offered an operation to pin back his comedy ears.

He declined, saying "flatter ears will get you nowhere."

Liverpool's under lockdown.

Nothing to do with COVID.

It's to stop burglars.

My mate Dai just got divorced. The lady Judge tried to be as impartial as possible by giving them equal shares, for example when she divided their flat Dai got the outside.

What's the only thing that is more crooked than a Florida election?
                  A wizards walking stick!!!

Comment

Good evening folks i just thought i would join in here seems like a fun light hearted thread and i am just coming to the end of day 11 here. We all need a laugh with this mad pandemic going on worldwide. Well some on here know me i am from Dublin Ireland. Mick are you an Irishman or a Brit you kinda sound Irish or maybe i have it wrong but loving the mad jokes lol. Hello to anyone i have not come across. Raining here this evening after a sunny start. Typical Irish weather x

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

Anjicia, just said Hello to you on the Newbies Nest, glad to see you here as well! Keep going, you’re doing a great job!
                      Mick is in England but he’s a Scotsman as he will proudly tell you.

Pauly, yep that was HIS hair all over his suit, looked pretty stupid, haha!!
                      I think the most hair rising ride I ever had was in a tour bus winding our way up the Swiss Alps, oh Lord!!!

Mick, so you were out scrubbing the top of your van IN the rain, oh boy, haha!!!
                      Yep, I think we’re prepared for just about any unforeseen event - that’s what happens when you have two former scouts living in one house

Hello to PQ, hope your day was fabulous!

Hey to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn!

Lucky I got to spend a few hours with my daughter today, saw my granddaughter between her online classes & everyone is doing well.
                      Back to the crafting room for me.
                      Have a nice night all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...I had to scrape my car windows this morning :rant:

Pauly...we had turdunken for thanksgiving, minus the turkey, minus the duck and minus the deep frying...in other words we had chicken. LOL We had all the fixings, so all in all a good meal.

Lav...never thought of it that way but you're right, new digs without moving, I may even get the fireplace going this winter. LOL Didn't book a hair appointment but did book an appointment to get new tires. Was going to fix the tire with the screw in it and then thought what, then buy new tires!

Mick...I see our provincial numbers went up over 900 after the long weekend and although the "powers that be" are concerned there's still no plan to implement targeted lock downs. We too suffer from authority putting rules in place and then not following them. I actually asked my boss if he needed to quarantine when he got back from his cross provincial trip and he said no. Yet he won't let a renter in for an hour during the day because he doesn't want to cross contaminate childcare, who won't even be in the building at the time. Another tick on the laziness list. Glad you got that van roof washed, wouldn't want the rain to disturb any dirt. LOL We have got both, snow and rain. Nothing sticking around yet but that can quickly change. So if you make the rib recipe just remember to buy 2 tins of pineapples so you can eat one.

Anjicia...I'll have to go with AJ, will never get that spelling right, hope you don't mind. Welcome to our thread, good to have you onboard. Congrats on Day 11, I was there a couple of times. LOL I am from Alberta, Canada but pretty much get along with everyone.

Waves to Det, Sam, Pi and TG.

Came home to find the BBQ back on the unfinished deck, they still haven't put the railing back up, and thought oh, the boys have started painting in the kitchen. Wrong, 2nd son cleaned a spot on the living room rug, who knew it was actually that colour. LOL I did the cooking yesterday so they've just headed out to get dinner for tonight. Have no idea what I'll get. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP
                        Last edited by porqoui; October 13, 2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

morning all....how are we today then? good I hope .we are still in the middle of a bunch of lunatic politicians trying to work out what to do about the lockdown. Watching Parliament ,you wouldnt think there was an issue ..instead of trying to get their act together for the benefit of the country we are still playing the vote for us game ,sniping at each other ..I doubt the welfare of the people is high on their list ..its financial look at us the good guys kind of stuff.Luckily enough Ive no hair falling out on my jacket ,making me look like a walking haybale .

ok brew time ..tea ..not earl grey crap ...just normal run of the mill factory sweepings.

good morning to you Ay Jay...or is it hows about ye? welcome to this mad world ..and well done to you on day 12..each and everyone of us has done a day 12....sometimes more than once! sometimes you will get hacked off with it ,question yourself ,ask whats the point ..all that sort of stuff .but believe me there is nothing better thabn having control of your own life back ,and that pride in what you achieve and do so on a daily basis .Anyof us here will help you..crazy tricks to beat the I wants ,tips ,straight advice,but in the end its down to you to want to do it ..Im sure you do else you wouldnt be here..dont be afraid to ask ..anything in private or open ..happy to answer (bank account pin numbers excluded!)As Lav said ,Im a Jock born and bred now living in England ..I was sent over Hadrians wall as a missionary to convert the English ...seriously though you take care ..you can do this ..oh and now and again Irish jokes appear ..dont be offended ..everyone gets a whack..Im not biased or predjudiced! have a great day

hiya ppqp ..you good? snow and rain ?? thats just being greedy !so you have a strategy similar to ours? do as I say not as I do ....plus a lzy ass boss chucked into the pot .how did the ribz n pineapple go then?

hiya pauly hows you then today? Good I hope Jeeves is playing his I'm ill I don't want to eat routine again today ..another belly massage ....him not me! whadya think of the bougie then?have a good day ...stay safe

20201014_095952.jpg

hiya Lav ...hows you doing then?good I hope .yep cleaned the top of the van in the rain ,but it looks clean now..couple of wee jobs to do ,but nothing special.cleaned out the greenhouse yesterday ..tomato plants gone ,Im starting to get plants to cut and overwinter

big shout to everyone else ..Im orf to the dentist this aft ...yipee !!!

As I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I thought, "Mike Tyson wouldn't stand a chance against me."

Then I stopped posing with my shotgun and put it away.

Let's build a wall around Liverpool and Manchester. Nothing to do with covid. I just fcking hate Scousers and Mancs.

*shipwrecked diary*
                          Day 1: alone, doing well. Mentally sound. Met a crab
                          Day 2: I have married the crab.
                          Day 3: I have eaten my wife.

Tory MP Philip Davies, angry at the Cabinet decision to impose harsher Coronavirus rules, has stated that it’s time Johnson trusted the British public.
                          This just goes to show how out of touch many Tory MPs are, trust is a two way thing, why on earth should Johnson trust the British public when they no longer trust him ?

Liverpool: The only place to have a lockdown tier higher than the average IQ.

I've just read that Elton John and Rod Stewart have fallen out?

I thought Elton loved rod?

To whoever stole my glasses.

Jdudysjsjyxyxuisixuduisisisksnsggh

Notice something that seems to be more than a coincidence...?

Boris - Build Back Better
                          Joe Biden - Build Back Better
                          Justin Trudeau - Build Back Better
                          Imran Khan - Build Back Better

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I reckon that lying politicians are using Covid as a slogan horse.

Senior Love Story
                          Mrs. Murphy and Mrs. Cohen had been longtime close friends. But being old-fashioned, each went to a retirement home of her own respective
                          religion.

It was not long before Mrs. Murphy felt very lonesome for Mrs. Cohen, so one day she asked to be driven to the Jewish Home to visit her old
                          friend. When she arrived she was greeted with open arms, hugs, and kisses.

Mrs. Murphy said, "Don't be holdin' back, Mrs. Cohen, how do you like it here?"

Mrs. Cohen went on and on about the wonderful food, the facility and the care takers. Then, with a twinkle in her eye, she said, "But the best
                          thing is that I now have a boyfriend."

Mrs. Murphy said, "Now isn't that wonderful! Tell me all about it."

Mrs. Cohen said, "After lunch we go up to my room and sit on the edge of the bed. I let him touch me on the top, and then on the bottom, and
                          then we sing Jewish songs."

Mrs. Murphy said, "For sure it's a blessing. I'm so glad for you Mrs. Cohen.

Mrs. Cohen said, "And how is it with you, Mrs. Murphy?"

Mrs. Murphy said it was also wonderful at her new facility and that she also had a boyfriend.

Mrs. Cohen said, "Good for you! So what do you do?"

Mrs. Murphy says, "We also go up to my room after lunch and sit on the edge of the bed. I let him touch me on top, and then I let him touch me
                          down below."

Mrs. Cohen said, "Yes? And then....?"

Mrs. Murphy said.."Well, since we don't know any Jewish songs, we f*ck."

Professor was giving a lecture on "Involuntary Muscular Contractions" to his first year medical students.

Realizing that this was not the most riveting subject, the Professor decided to lighten the mood slightly.

He pointed to a young woman in the front row and said, "Do you know what your ass hole is doing while you're having an orgasm?"

She replied, "He's probably golfing with his friends."

Comment

Good morning Mick well sunny here here a showery start getting colder by the day but winter is here but nice to see the sun now and then. No i don't mind the jokes i am not easily offended we need to have a laugh now and then.. Well i am a serial relapser i find it hard to stay sober i can stop for a while but staying stopped is a problem but i don't quit. The hangovers were getting worse and i was getting drunk on less and then feeling horrible for days after. I have no support only online and lots of cutbacks before covid19 so any sponsered or low cost help is little or long waiting lists. Lavande do you crafting to sell in a shop or online or just a hobby? i love doing some easy crafts at home but not great at it and don't do it often but its fun and relaxing. Our goverment is the same here. the country is on phase3 lockdown but now they are talking about srticker lockdown 2 r 3 weeks before Christmas. The timing could not be worse with retail store and restaurants getting ready for a busy time. All the job losses and shutdowns money lost etc they don't know what they are about. looks like Christmas may be cancelled I am not a holidayl festival person but it means i may get to see or be with family anyway i guess we just have to wait and see what else can we do. Hello to all and have a wonderful Wednesday i will check back later x
                            Last edited by Guest; October 14, 2020, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Not to brag but we had a nice sunny day here, haha
                              Rain returns Friday of course.

PQ, glad you had a nice holiday dinner, regardless if it clucked or quacked. LOL
                              I’m sure you’ll enjoy all your upgrades, sounds great to me! Your boss really is a do-nothing, isn’t he? Completely useless & he gats a nice paycheck. Sometimes life really isn’t fair.
                              Hope those new tires arrive soon before your weather really takes a turn for the worse. We are starting to see some pretty leaf colors here, one of my favorite things before winter arrives.

Mick, good jokes today!
                              Normally we would be putting the gardens to bed for the winter this time of year. BUT, we seem to be having a second blooming of many plants outside, dahlias, hostas & even some of my herb plants. Strange for the middle of October, who knows?

Anjicia, I have been attending craft shows the past few years & also sell some items on a Facebook page ‘Kathy’s Embroidered gifts’. It keeps me occupied & happy
                              Listening to the world news right now & hear the 2nd wave is already hitting Europe as it is starting to here. I’m not ready to make any plans for the holidays, think I’ll wait & see.

Hello to Pauly. Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn. Hope you are all well!

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X