Super Sober Sunday 25th October 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Sunday 25th October 2020

I'd like to see a big SUPER SOBER SUNDAY SHOUTY OUTY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

Don't be scared of making the leap...........Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

The time of the week to blow your very own trumpet

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've a roundy number or not a roundy number...................Time Duration Calculator: Time between two dates/times

For me its 4159 days or 11 years, 4 months, 18 days excluding the end date....................:egad:
    Last edited by JackieClaire; October 24, 2020, 03:31 PM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Sunday 25th October 2020

3848 Days
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

2520 days or 6 years 10 months and 24 days
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks JC,

I sincerely appreciate having this space to celebrate.

On this beautiful rainy Sunday I'm reflecting on how I never imagined I could have such a happy life before quitting. The longer I do this the more benefits I am realising physically and mentally.

Back when I used to quit for periods of time, a friend explained that if you only quit for short periods, you don't truly feel the difference it can make in your life because it takes so long for alcohol to leave your body properly. It also takes a while for the changes in your thinking to come about and that is where the true genius of it is. They recommended I take a 100 day challenge to really feel the difference. Great advice!

I'm on day 204 of my original 100 day challenge when I thought I feel so great, why stop now?

It makes all the difference to have such a wonderful supportive community reminding me why this is such a worthwhile thing to keep doing. Because it is a thing we keep doing every day... resisting all the brainwashing out there that's telling you alcohol will make your life better. What a lie.

Thanks everyone for being here.

:bigwave:
        Last edited by fickle; October 24, 2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

A happy week 2 sober.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

5 years, 9 months, and 12 days of living life sober and loving it...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

1242 days
              Great post Fickle. 90 days was the turning point for me.

Comment

I am shouting out 2519 days or 6 years 10 months and 23 days.

Good to see you Tabbers - I'm glad you're back. Thanks for that reflection Fickle.

Comment

Working...
                X