Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 years :)

Greetings, my friends.
    This is my annual check-in... I am 7 years sober and I have no intention of going back to the chaos and misery that made up my life in the years leading up to my 'rock bottom'.

There has been loss and turmoil in the past 7 years as well... but, I am so much better equipped now to deal with it. As always, this post isn't for bragging rights, but rather to encourage anyone struggling with the beast. It IS possible and it IS worth it. YOU are worth it.

I wish you all a happy and sober 24 hours, I hope you have a friend you can call when the going gets tough, and I implore you to dust yourself off and get back up, should you have tripped and face planted. You can do it. I screwed around for years, half assed and with ever increased self loathing and regret. I cannot overstate this: If I can get sober, you can as well.

Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself :hug:

Love, always... Gina
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Re: 7 years

Originally posted by sunshine_gg View Post
    Greetings, my friends.
    This is my annual check-in... I am 7 years sober and I have no intention of going back to the chaos and misery that made up my life in the years leading up to my 'rock bottom'.

There has been loss and turmoil in the past 7 years as well... but, I am so much better equipped now to deal with it. As always, this post isn't for bragging rights, but rather to encourage anyone struggling with the beast. It IS possible and it IS worth it. YOU are worth it.

I wish you all a happy and sober 24 hours, I hope you have a friend you can call when the going gets tough, and I implore you to dust yourself off and get back up, should you have tripped and face planted. You can do it. I screwed around for years, half assed and with ever increased self loathing and regret. I cannot overstate this: If I can get sober, you can as well.

Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself :hug:

Love, always... Gina
    Inspirational post Gina, these posts make the forum worth while........

Regards,

Bacman.
    I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
    Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Hey Gina, a blast from the past, so delighted to see your post this news this morning, great stuff, you have made my day.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Sunny Ggggggggggggg, :hug:

Well done and a cake for you.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi GG! Beautiful stuff.

Congrat's on 7 years sober. Wowza! great to see u as always. Take care. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
          X