1st nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st nov

Good afternoon all how are we then question mark hope all is well with you. As no doubt it is all over the world news Britain is locked down from Wednesday night for another 4 weeks everything is locked down apart from necessities like food shops medical etc this crazy thing is is they have left schools and universities open when they did that the last time that's exactly how the figures started to spike. Haven't a clue as to why they are not locking them down as well well me thinks that is round economics as opposed to health and yet you look at the mindset of some of the little gits and they couldn't really give a toss last night there were mass riots in Wigan Leicester Manchester and quite a few other places as the police try to break up street parties and raves. We were actually going to go away locally next weekend because the weather is lovely looks like we are going to camp on the drive haha full stop went to texting this morning hello came home about 2:30 found a couple of Roman bronzes a cut quarter from the mediaeval period of 1327 and a silver thimble. Just got a message from my friend has got covid him and his wife have just managed to start taking fluids so for all these idiots that think it is a nothing they want to give their heads a shake take care everyone look after yourselves
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 1st nov

MAE ALL...

Mick...was just going to start the thread and there you were. Already back from detecting, sounds like you found a few treasures. Hopefully the lockdown will allow people to have Christmas. Our numbers are rising, they've reduced the number of people you can gather with but I don't know how effective that will be. At the rate things are going I see a lockdown in our future too. It sounds like your friends may be on the mend and hopefully over the worst of it. Camping in the driveway, at least you have a TV to watch. Thoughts of work are creeping into my mind but I'm determined not to do any work today.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, congrats on the "texting" finds! That sounds really impressive... a thimble too - any idea what century? Sorry you can't get out and about... time for a good game of cribbage? Thanks for your support through your notes - much appreciated.

PPQ, I hope you were able to actually take the whole day off... interesting that you actually know what day of the week it is! Canada has so far a beacon of hope for keeping the virus in bounds... I'll be sorry if you have to sequester... maybe the spike is from the Thanksgiving holiday? It's so hard to keep ourselves apart on a holiday...

Pauly, adorable picks of you and the kids on FB... I think it must be your favorite holiday? You always look beautiful, even with a costume on!

Lav, wow how much work you did for your event... how did it go? I would like to pick 3 book pillows... I'll see if I can tell which ones from the photos. Hope grandsons and all are well, and that you and YB are escaping this. I had a rainy drive through the northern part of your state... sorry I couldn't drop down... but I could only have waved at you anyway!

Det, are you around? Truly sorry that I haven't kept up; looking forward to hearing all about what you and others are doing.

Sam, are you safe in the south? Mud season?

Sorry to any I have forgotten...

Well, We (dog and I) did the second cross-country trip, for anyone that does not know. It went well - so relieved that it is done, and just before the bad weather everywhere. Bad news is that I went through (and stayed overnight in) every spiking Covid state. So I am sequestering now for 2 weeks... better safe than thinking that I might have given this terrible thing to anyone... I did get a negative covid test the day before I left, but of course that's only good for that day... hoping that all is well...

Breathe, everyone - we miss the light, it it will return... hang in there... ��❤️

Comment

Greetings friends!

Clouds & rain for us today, oh well. Glad yesterday was clear & dry!
        I have already heard from a few folks who were at the craft show yesterday. They are planning Christmas gifts so I guess I’ll be busy for the time being & that’s not bad!

Cyn, I am so happy you are back & safe! I am also happy you have such a wonderful traveling companion
        Family is all healthy so far so I’m happy. Send me a message about who you want pillows for & I’ll find the right designs for you. Stay safe & rest up after all that driving!!!

PQ, I hope your day off was a good one!!
        Looks like we are warming up to the 60’s Wednesday thru the end of the week. Sounds good to me.

Mick, Glad you had a successful detecting day. More items to add to your personal museum
        I am expecting another lockdown here as well with so many new cases daily. People don’t seem to have a lot of common sense & don’t seem to care about all going on, sad.

Hellos to Pauly, Sam, Det, Pie & Anjicia.

Feeling somewhat anxious about the election on Tuesday. I just want it to be over & pray that we can find (Relative) peace again.
        Have a good night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope your friend is in the mend, it definitely hits different people harder while others have an easy time, too unpredictable with the virus, Cyn, wonderful to see you and I love the dog munching on fries haha! Lav, awesome people already are planning on you making them some Christmas gifts, I'll be happy when the election is over just so I can get a break from the commercials! I see it being a pain regardless who wins, people aren't gonna be content on either side, kinda scared, PQ, hope you managed to not do any work yesterday haha, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Up early so I thought I'd jump on now. Dryer to be delivered between 8am and 12pm with a 1 hour phone call notice. So could get the call as early as 7am and I want to be nowhere near here when they come!

TG...so good to see your post and glad you're home safe and sound. I did manage to take all of yesterday off. LOL Yes, they figure the spike is from Thanksgiving, what is Christmas going to bring!

Lav...sounds like the craft sale effort was worth it. We're warming up till Thursday where we'll get overnight cold and snow. Go figure as it's Friday I take the car in for the new tires. At least I'll be able to drive home feeling safe. I think there are a lot of people feeling anxious about the election.

I've got a new project to start today and am looking forward to it. It's one of those I call having fun. Hope everyone has a great day....:smile:PPQP

X-Post Pauly....have a great day.
            Last edited by porqoui; November 2, 2020, 08:55 AM.

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today question mark hope things are ok with everybody. It's been a mad house today, take another rubbish to the tip because after Thursday the bins won't be emptied as often, also went shopping that was an absolute Zoo already panic buying has started there are queues outside the shops, they are only letting so many people in a time...
              this is only a short post ...Idid it on phone and for some reason it has only autosaved half of it !!!friend is doing better pauly thanks ,,he is taking fluids now ,but is still pretty banjoed

teegee thimble was made in Chester in 1826 ,so it has a bit of age to it .

hiya ppqp ...hope all is ok ..hope the dryer turns up ...whats the project?

hi Lav ..Christmas masks ....with a big ho ho ho bubble ..yeah right ...glad it went well for you ...rain?? whats that ?

take care folks

I said to my wife, "The kids haven't eaten their sandwiches."

"Don't worry," she said, "just throw them out."

I opened the front door and said, "Mom says you two have to fck off."

Paddy phones the hotel's reception desk and says, "Room 168, could ye please send someone over roit away, I'm having argument wid der woife and she's said she's gonna jump out der window." The concierge replies, "I'm sorry sir, but we cannot intervene, this seems to be a personal issue." "Now ye listen to me ye little bollox," yells Paddy, ". . . der fecking window is jammed shut, it's a maintenance issue!"

Tomb raider 2018 - basically about someone who buries themselves alive to prevent the spread of a deadly virus.

Real life 2020 - some muppet on a bus who practically has an epileptic fit when they're asked to wear some cloth in front of their mouth, sometimes.

I've found the secret to wealth. Just follow these three simple rules.

1. Know how to rob people.

2. Want to rob people.

3. Have no qualms about robbing people.

I guess I'll never be wealthy then. Or a politician.

I'm not saying my girlfriend's thick.

But she thinks TikTok is the sound a cuckoo makes.

Prince William reveals that he had Covid 19 at the same time as his father.

Prince Andrew's spokesman said he never met her, he was at Pizza Express.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Ahoy ABeroooos!

I'm ok, just insanely busy lately making a deadline for a new online marketing thingy which I barely made in time. whew!

let's see, new dryers, tires, nonsensical lockdowns being protested, Roman treasure... what a mixed bag. Hope all are doing
                self-care practices to bolster for the craziness ahead. I think 2021 could be worse in many respects as the unfathomable economic
                effects of the world's locked-down economies starts to become felt. Not being a doomsdayer but just calling at it seems. We must
                be strong!

I'd certainly love to get us out of Vegas and have been poking around online to more quiet/sane respits. not sure yet... ack..

we did sneak out to have some Halloween fun at Area 15 which is a neat sci-fi themed place..not even sure what to call it exactly but we had a
                nice break and the 3 of us costumed-up and did it in style

just yesterday I got 10 pieces hung in my new gallery display. yay! getting there!

PIC: Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

I'd better call/text some friends in recovery and make sure they are hanging in there ok with all the stress that abounds. heck, I could
                use the connections too. It's not a fun time but by jove it's going to get better eventually.

ok, off to my one photoshoot today....

be well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good Election day eve everyone!

I’m so glad I got my vote in early & do not have to face people tomorrow. I live in a very red area with the wankers driving around with huge tRump flags on their trucks, yuck.
                  My two Biden?Harris yard signs are still intact, no one shot them or tried to take them so there’s that, haha!!

Pauly, we will all breathe a collective sigh of relief after tomorrow. There may or may not be tears involved but at least it will be over
                  Yep, people are looking for baby gifts & Christmas gifts already & that’s OK with me. I like to be busy in my workshop then I have an excuse for not cleaning, haha!
                  My daughter is working this evening & said her FB friends are claiming the supermarkets are mobbed tonight. They’re worrying about civil unrest in her town which is the county seat

PQ, so how’s that brand new dryer?
                  I hope your day went well. We are really chilly here but looking at 70 degrees later in the week, crazy.

Mick, glad to hear your friend is showing some improvement. We can do without food for quite a while but we need to stay hydrated to keep the body cooler & for other normal processes.
                  My daughter texted me from work this evening & said her friends are telling her the stores are being overrun with panic shoppers. They live in a town that is the county seat & are worried about civil unrest tomorrow related to the election. She said they were seeing Trump parades thru town today, noisy & stupid.

Det, your work is just awesome & I wish you a ton of luck
                  I don’t know where to go to find a more peaceful place to live & work. I think we’re OK down in cow country except for the occasional wanker driving by with his giant tRump flag waving from his pickup truck, haha!

Hello to Cyn, hope you are staying well!

Hello Sam, Pie & Anjicia.

I have put a major request out to the universe for a peaceful election day & hopefully see the end of the current autocracy in Washington. There’s alway hope!!!

Have a good night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Mick...I actually hadn't thought about the garbage pickup and panic buying before your lockdown. Hope you got what you needed. Dryer turned up and the boys have been banned till I can about all the new fangled settings and do a test run. The project was for childcare. When the kids come back from the school the staff has to go through a set of Daily Health Check questions and our Health Services changed the list effective today. They had been working off a table in a word document that someone had created for them. I recreated/updated their questionnaire into a spreadsheet and formatted it to fit on one page. Reputative work that I didn't have to think about so was a great way to waste the day. LOL

Det...good to see your post and I figured you were just really busy. Wow, your pics in your new gallery display look great! Best of luck for some good sales. However I was hoping to see one of you and the girls in costume. LOL Good on you for reaching out to others to make sure they're ok. Sometimes a quick text is all that's need to keep one focused on the goal.

Comment

hello everyone ,how are we today then? good hopefully ...just let the rabbits out ..and yes it has started raining ...looks like Ill be chasing them around the garden ,next door neighbour has just toldme his dad has got covid now ...andhas been in bed for the last couple of days ..the kids have just had to go for tests ..If Im honest I am struggling with this lot now ,oh Ill get over it ,but at this moment Im feeling pretty low .anyway lets have a brew .

hiya Det how are you today then mate ? hope all is well with you ..that gallery looks pretty good buddy .

hi ppqp ...yep got everything yesterday ta..doing spreadsheets and kwestshun airs? you could be playing cards ...take care .

hiya pauly how are you?good I hope .yes I bet you will be glad when the election is over ..we will be ..over here they are saying if Trump wins you can forget the idea of freedom to vote .

hiya tee gee hope you are doing ok ?youve been some interesting places take care

hiya Lav ..you ok? best of luck with the polls todayand ends peacefully ..

take care all.

When he asked his campaign for advice on the final day of electioneering, Trump was told ‘Carpe Diem’.

So he went fishing.

George decided to tie the knot with his long time girlfriend.

One evening, after the honeymoon, George and his new wife was organizing his golfing equipment. His wife was standing nearby watching him.

After along period of silence she finally speaks. "Honey, I've been thinking, now that we're married I think it's time you quit golfing. Maybe you should sell your clubs and golf cart".

George gets this horrified look on his face.

She says, "Darling, what's wrong"?

George says, "There for a minute you were sounding like my ex-wife”.

"Ex wife" she screams! "I didn't know you were married before"!

George retorts, ”I wasn't“!

Male logic

Lady: Do you drink?

Man: Yes

Lady: How much a day?

Man: 3 six packs

Lady: How much per 6 pack

Man: about $10.00

Lady: And how long have you been drinking?

Man: 15 years

Lady: So one 6 pack cost $10.00 and you have 3 packs a day which puts your spending each month at $900. In one year, it would be $10,800 correct?

Man: Correct
                      Lady: If in 1 year you spend $10,800 not accounting for inflation, the past 15 years puts your spending at $162,000 correct?

Man: Correct

Lady: Do you know that if you hadn 't drunk, that money could have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 15 years, you could have now bought a Ferrari?

Man: Do you drink?

Lady: No

Man: Where 's your Ferrari then?

Winston Churchill loved Paraprosdokians, which are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently humorous.

Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on my list.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

They begin the evening news with "Good Evening," then proceed to tell you why it isn't.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Buses stop in bus stations. Trains stop in train stations. On my desk is a work station.

I thought I wanted a career. Turns out, I just wanted pay-checks.

In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency, notify: I put, "DOCTOR."

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.

A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Where there's a will, there are relatives.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

There but for the grace of God—goes God."

A modest man, who has much to be modest about. (allegedly referring to Clement Attlee)

You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing—after they have tried everything else.

I'm supposed to respect my elders, but nowadays it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one.

Ponderism - The Best Fourteen
                      Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?

Why do "tug" boats push their barges?

Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

If a word is misspelled In the dictionary, how would we ever know?

If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?

Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" Mean the same thing?

Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?

Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?

Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?

Doesn’t "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?

Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?

Texas vs California
                      CALIFORNIA:

The governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the governor’s dog, then bites the governor.

The governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi” and realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

He calls animal control.

Animal control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 to test it for diseases and $500 to relocate it.

He calls a veterinarian.

The vet collects the dead dog and bills the state $200 to test it for diseases.

The governor goes to the hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for infections from the coyote and getting his bite wound bandaged.

The running trail is shut down for 6 months while scientists from the Department of Fish & Game conduct a $100,000 project to make sure the nature area is now free of dangerous animals.

The governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a “coyote awareness program” for residents of the area.

The state legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.

The governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack.

The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training regarding coyote behavior.

PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million lawsuit against California.

TEXAS:

The governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.

The governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging.

The governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow-point cartridge.

The buzzards eat the dead coyote.

And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.

A police officer stops a blonde for speeding and asks her very nicely if he could see her license.

She replied in a huff, "I wish you guys would get your act together.

Just yesterday you take away my license and then today you expect me to show it to you"!

The banknote salesman was sent to prison for going into business for himself part-time. While behind bars, the warden made arrangements for the salesman to learn a trade. In no time, the salesman became known as one of the best carpenters in the area. He often got day passes to do woodworking jobs for people in town.

When the warden started remodeling his kitchen, he called the salesman, now carpenter, into his office and asked him to build and install new cabinets and countertops.

The salesman refused.

"Gosh, I'd really like to help you," he said, "but counterfitting is what got me into prison in the first place."

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, yay on the dryer! Glad that's delivered and done, Det, awesome on the gallery hangings, Lav, I'm getting ready for some kind of unrest the news showed businesses putting boards up in case of rioting, either way either camp is gonna be pissed off, and yes they're hoarding the stock in the grocery store again and limiting items, Costco in one part of town is completely out of what else, t.p and paper towels, same as in March, glad your yard sign hasn't been shot, these people are soooooooo extreme! Mick, you keep yourself safe over there too, I'm worrying about second lockdowns and people going bonkers over that too, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Election day!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening folks,

Well the polls close in little over an hour (8pm), of course my vote has been in for many weeks. YB did go today & found a big crowd there where there’s usually only a few people at a time. Looks like everyone is actually getting off their lazy a$$es & voting for a change. Results to be determined. I am not spending the whole evening glued to the TV, I am working on some embroidery orders to keep myself from getting overly anxious.

PQ, congrats ion the dryer acquisition, haha! It’s hard to live without one really.
                          Glad you got your work project figured out, good job!

Mick, sorry to hear about your neighbor. I had a thought this morning that we are much more likely to all get the virus at some point than originally thought. It’s not disappearing & the virus itself is mutating, so I’ve read. But, the medical community has a better idea on how to treat patients now than they did back in March. I heard there were 2800 new cases today just in my state. It’s awful, it really is. Keeping ourselves as healthy as possible & taking the right supplements is the best idea for all of us. Keeping our immune systems strong is a must!

Pauly, my yard signs even made it thru the day today, go figure, haha!
                          People rioting & looting for any reason is just bad. The sad thing is a lot of city governments are tying the hands of the police departments by not letting them arrest these criminals - it’s happening in Philadelphia. I just don’t know what to say, it’s sad. Keep yourself in a safe spot & away from the madness.

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn!

Have a decent night everyone! Keep your fingers crossed for good news.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sorry this is getting to you but it was bound to happen, it has gone on for so long now. And then to have it happen so close to home. I've been lucky that I don't know anyone personally that has got it so it still seems a bit unreal to me. I also can go into work everyday and get distracted by other things. Hang in there. :hug:

Pauly...boy you're telling me, now maybe I can get everything put away. Living surrounded in a mess can get depressing. Our numbers have shot up over the weekend and the "powers that be" are concerned. Not sure what that means. LOL Try not to worry as of course there's nothing you can do about it. Just keep yourself sane and safe.

Lav...sounds like crowds everywhere which in my opinion is a good sign. I won't be glued to the tv either, perhaps some cards is in order tonight. Yes, it was very frustrating not having the dryer. I've gotten into the habit of throwing my shirt/slacks in there in the morning to get the wrinkles out. Good to get back to my routine. LOL

Thinking of the rest of the gang...Pi, Det, Sam, TG, AJ...hope you're all doing good.

Finally having a training session with the prog-coord tomorrow and the boss is going to sit in. He admits he hasn't spent any time learning the new system. Seems like a good time to ask for a raise. LOL Also doing a Zoom meeting to learn how to do a Zoom meeting. Boss has made me a co-host for our Zoom AGM later this month and I want to learn all I can. With my luck the boss will say he can't attend and can I run it. Wishing everyone a calm and peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning everyone. feels like 4 years ago happening all over again, I was hoping for a landslide but it ain't over yet, just got a bad feeling.

Mick, I get it, I've been feeling the same. In my area people are very nonchalant, 90% don't wear masks, our fearless leader is a moron and has made a pandemic political. Between covid and the election I got the straight and natural blues.

PQ, is Zoom different than Skype? Good fun training!

Lav, chickens have shut down, on strike I suppose, no eggs, but they need a rest. We have younger batch that haven't quite reach laying age yet, so maybe they'll kick it in gear.

Pauly, I've hearing that shortages are on the horizon. If/when a vaccine I'm not sure how safe it will be. I can't remember a time when there such a need for cohesion and just the opposite has occurred.

Det, how you been? Sounds like you're ready for a move.

well, back to the mountains. Hopefully it has dried off enough to utilize a road that wanders close to my starting point.

be well good friends
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X