22 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 Nov

wow no fred yet? how are we all today then?hope all is well in the world .Feeling a bit rubbish today ,thought if I did something it may help ...so I knocked down the stone flower bed to make room for next years upgrade of the garden ...Ive got plans ..It worked for a little while and then felt rubbish again ..oh well ..Had my trail cam out last night ...checked it this morning ...saw something moving on it ...me putting it in!! hopefully sleep tonight...

stay safe and take care everyone ..

I ate a kids meal in McDonald’s this morning. His mum was furious.

My mate said, "My kid has decided to turn vegan and won't eat any kind of meat. What can I replace it with?"

"A Labrador," I said, "they'll eat anything."

Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury, has announced he is to take a sabbatical 'for spiritual renewal'.

He must have quite a problem if it's going to take him all day Sunday to make a trip to the off-licence.

Always look out for number one.......

Especially when eating snow.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 22 Nov

Good evening friends!

Grandson has returned to his home, fridge almost empty, haha!
    Chilly & cloudy here today, just like fall is supposed to be. I blended my chicken flocks today (15 young ones with the 10 older ones). Everything seemed OK & the youngsters were very happy to finally get out & walk on the ground in the fenced yard. Keeping my fingers crossed no fights break out over night.
    Delivered an embroidery order this afternoon & I have more to get started. Apparently I am helping people get their Christmas shopping done

Mick, sorry you’re not feeling better yet, it will take a while for the meds to kick in. In the meantime please don’t overdo it, find a quiet activity PLEASE, haha!
    I’m feeling a little pissed off that my daughter-in-law asked me to cook Thanksgiving dinner & now we hear our son will be at work on Thanksgiving. Seriously that girl is something else. She knew he wouldn’t be here when she asked to come over.

Hello to PQ, Pauly., Det, Sam & Cyn & anyone else dropping by.
    Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...so all my "like this post" from yesterday are there but not my post. :rant:

Mick...sorry you're still feeling a bit rubbish, you're not alone, I think a lot of us are these days. I've just been going through the motions today, bit of cleaning, bit of laundry and getting ready for work tomorrow. I'm really hoping we don't go into a lockdown again as work seems to be the only thing keeping me sane these days. I'm excited to hear about your garden upgrade plans.

Lav...it was down right cold here today. Overcast and gray so got my son to download all the Magnum PI shows to watch while putzing around. I hope there's no fighting in the hen house tonight. I think I would be a lot pissed off with my daughter in law not just a little. Seems she's a little lazy to me. A lot of families have decided to kick start the Christmas holidays and get decorating with community centres and venues stringing Christmas lights everywhere for people to be able to drive through. I always remember my parents taking us downtown during the holidays to see all the lights.

Shout out to the group. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

Mick, so good to hear how you are doing... so sorry about the pain(s) I hope that goes away soon!

Lav, that's irritating about Th. dinner, but at least you are seeing the boys... I remember when they were locked away from you... that girl does need to learn to cook!

Pauly, wow, I missed the news that Michelle and Brady were back living with you! Because of the pandemic, probably, right? Hope all that is going OK! I was in a PetCo recently and saw guinea pigs, and thought of you ... I don't think I'd ever seen one... they were furry-cute.

Det, how is it going? By the way, I wonder if you have ever experienced Tapping (therapy). I dipped a toe in it these last weeks, and I found a subtle but powerful shift to the Positive. Sending lot ps of good wishes your way.

PPQ, how did the organizing turn out? I hope your weather stays bearable... my "reynauds" syndrome fingers have been turning white quite often these days... I'm waiting until I can get to my big storage locker to get my suitcases that have the winter clothes and good gloves.

Hello Sam and anyone else dropping by.

I had sad news early this morning that one of our orchestra violinists was struck by a car (my friend was the pedestrian) and is in critical care... facial and skull fractures, brain bleed, on a ventilator, unresponsive. It just hit me so hard; between the endless pictures of over-run ICUs and people on vents showing up in every newscast, and now this dear, talented violinist suffering such a cruel, violent blow. His family is with him... the orchestra is able to text love and thanks to the him, to be read to him by his father- - the only family member allowed in the room with him. His mother and two girls are... somewhere else, such a cruel thing.

So everyone - please please be careful. I mean, really careful. It is so easy these days to give into the Fog... not being aware of our surroundings... in addition to remembering our masks and distance, let's stay engaged... that's a really tall order, but I think we can do it, if we try...

To the light
        Last edited by treegirl; November 22, 2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

tee gee sent you a pm ..how are you then? hope you are ok ...

hope everyone is doing good ..Lav I have to report ..I had a quiet day today. I nearly did nothing!!we are in the middle of the Prime Ministers address apparently the lockdown will end on 2 Dec...but we will be going back into a tier system .so we could still be stopped from travelling .We shall see ..

big shout to everyone else

I know this might make me sound big headed,
          I can't get my fcking jumper off.

I bought a 3D printer, printed it then sent it back.

I was sacked from an insect repellent company for being dyslexic so I destroyed their computers.

There's no files on me

I've accidentally swallowed invisible ink" I've called the doctor but he can't see me

After a month of heavy defeats, Trump finally wins in northern Ireland...

Amazing isn't it that if you walk into a bank today WITHOUT wearing a mask, alarm bells go off?

My dad always said around every corner is a surprise.

Nice guy, sht tour guide.

I've been referred to a doctor with severe migraines.

Hopefully he's feeling better by the time we meet.

Jenga teaches children that if you work hard and spend a lot of time on something, some idiot will come along and ruin it all for you.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...hope you can get your winter clothes and gloves soon. My hands have been going through the whole spectrum white, blue and purple. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, sending him healing thoughts. I like it...let's stay engaged. I'll be adding that to my stay safe goodbyes.

Mick...:yay: you had a quiet day, well done. We may just be starting a lockdown. Our Chief Medical of Staff just gave a scathing speech and then headed into a meeting with the Premiere and others to deliver her recommendations. Our Premiere is to make an announcement tomorrow sometime so will keep you posted.

Lav...I bet we're cross typing at this moment. Hope you had a good day.

Shout out to the rest of you.

It was a no-drama day, just the kind I like. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Chilly & cloudy today, typical fall weather.
              Got into some interesting texting with my DIL today. Told her I decided to postpone Thanksgiving until Friday so my son can be here. Her response was ‘we are going to. My dad’s in NJ on Friday. Then she says our son doesn’t want to come for dinner any day because 1/3 of the entire big city fire dept is out sick with Covid & he doesn’t want to be a possible spreader here. OK, I understand that & appreciate that. Why the hell couldn’t these two, (who have multiple college degrees between the two of them ) have just communicated this in the beginning???`. KIDS - do they ever truly grow up?

PQ, I’m not quite ready for Christmas lights yet but I’m getting close, haha. Maybe they will calm me down after all this craziness.
              Enjoy the Magnum PI series, good shows!

Cyn, it’s so funny my DIL insisted on getting all the latest kitchen gadgets for wedding gifts but she’s never used them, LOL Her head is up in the clouds somewhere, she’s not interested in learning to cook anything.
              I’m so sorry to hear about your violinist, what a tragic accident. If it gives you any comfort I can confirm he probably has no idea what’s going on & is in no pain. This week is the 20th anniversary of my great fall down the steps & subsequent skull & facial fractures & large subdural hematoma. I was on a vent for 4 days & had no idea even after waking a bit after surgery. I was pumped so full of morphine & anesthesia I didn’t feel a thing. I pray he recovers quickly :hug:
              Keep yourself safe & as warm as possible. I didn’t give a thought to your winter clothing being in storage, geez.

Mick, happy to hear you had an easy day. Your system needs rest to clear the infection.
              I hear the city of Philadelphia is sharply reducing the number of patrons in bars & restaurants again, which is a good idea. People are supposed to be tested if they are traveling between states & isolating for 14 days but I know that won’t happen. The government does nothing to help. Keep yourself safe!

Hello to Pauly, Sam, Det & everyone.
              Wishing a safe night for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

:lotsasmiles:
                Hi PQ
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all how are we today then ? hope all is well.again a bit of a rough noght ...my arm felt as if itwas on fire ..couldnt sleep ..I ended up getting up at 3 this morning ..started reading but got bored with that so at 4am I was moving a bookcase ,table and record player ..I thought I was being quiet ..not so ..then there took place a one way discussion going something along the lines of sit on your arsed and touch nothing !I ended up going getting calomine lotion this morning . The Xmas arrangements for covid have been published ..from the 22 to the 27th inclusive there is an allowance where 3 separate families can get together .

Lav ..yepIm being good unlike you ...what is it with you .?..putting the chickens in a blender .. happy anniversary on your head banging .When I was in hozzy I thought I was there for 3 days...wrong ..I was in the acute stroke unit for 12 days ..time flies when you have fun ..so your dil isnt a Gordon Ramsey fan ?

ppqp...hows you then?are you getting a lockdown?did you see this ? the trade deal with Canada whisky

UK and Canada commit to post-Brexit trade deal – POLITICO

hello everyone else hope all is good ..stay safe

I said to my doctor, "I'm having serious problems with my memory."

He said, "Give me an example."

I said, "The other day I spent two hours in a multi storey car park trying to remember where I'd parked my car."

He laughed and said, "That's nothing to worry about, we've all done that."

I said, "I don't own a fcking car."

For 15 years, the Swedes thought sounds from the sea were Russian submarines invading their territory. They regularly investigated, sending subs, boats and helicopters - at great expense - only to come up empty-handed.

Upon investigation by a biologist, the noise was discovered to be farts from fish.

It seems the Swedes were having herring problems.

If I had a pound for every woman that said I was unattractive.
                  I'd now have so much money that women would start finding me attractive.

Ready for those little gits next door and their snowball fights this year.

Just painted all the rocks in my garden white.

.Dirty Dancing was recently voted the best 'feelgood 'film of all time.

Rubbish,i get my wedding video out,start viewing it in reverse,she get's the ring back,she walks back down the chapel,out the door,into the hired wedding car and disappears from my view completely.

A certain lawyer was quite wealthy and had a summer house in the country, to which he retreated for several weeks of the year.

Each summer, the lawyer would invite a different friend of his to spend a week or two up at this place, which happened to be in a backwoods section of Maine. On one particular occasion, he invited a Czechoslovakian friend to stay with him. The friend, eager to get a freebee off a lawyer, agreed. Well, they had a splendid time in the country - rising early and living in the great outdoors.

Early one morning, the lawyer and his Czechoslovakian companion went out to pick berries for their morning breakfast. As they went around the berry patch, gathering blueberries and raspberries in tremendous quantities, along came two huge Bears - a male and a female. Well, the lawyer, seeing the two bears, immediately dashed for cover.

His friend, though, wasn't so lucky, and the male bear reached him and swallowed him whole.

The lawyer ran back to his Mercedes, tore into town as fast has he could, and got the local backwoods sheriff.

The sheriff grabbed his shotgun and dashed back to the berry patch with the lawyer. Sure enough, the two bears were still there.

"He's in THAT one" cried the lawyer, pointing to the male! Meanwhile visions of lawsuits from his friend's family danced in his head! He just had to save his friend.

The sheriff looked at the bears, and without batting an eye, leveled his gun, took careful aim, and SHOT THE FEMALE.

"Whatdya do that for" exclaimed the lawyer, "I said he was in the other"!

"Exactly", replied the sheriff, "and would YOU believe a lawyer who told you that the Czech was in the Male"?

A police motorcycle patrolman was rushed to the hospital because he had an inflamed appendix.

The operation was successful and the suregeon advised him that all was well; however, the patrolman kept feeling something pulling at the hairs in his crotch.

He was alarmed and thought is may be a second surgery that the doctors hadn't told him about it. Finally he overcome his fear and decided to investigate. He pulled his hospital gown up to see the what was causing the irritation and making him feel so uncomfortable. He immediately saw the problem causing the irritation.

Taped firmly across his pubic hair and private parts were three wide strips of adhesive tape, the kind that doesn't come off easily -- if at all.

Written on the tape in large black letters was the sentence, 'Get well soon, from the nurse in the Jeep you pulled over last week'.

Kinda brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?

Soa - Senior Online Abbreviations
                  ATD - At The Doctor's

BFF - Best Friend Farted

BTW - Bring The Wheelchair

BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth

CBM - Covered By Medicare

CUATSC - See You At The Senior Center

DWI - Driving While Incontinent

FWB - Friend With Beta Blockers

FWIW - Forgot Where I Was

FYI - Found Your Insulin

GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!

GHA - Got Heartburn Again

HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement

IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On?

LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out

LOL - Living On Lipitor

LWO - Lawrence Welk's On

OMMR - On My Massage Recliner

OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas.

ROFL... CGU - Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up

SGGP - Sorry, Gotta Go Poop

TTYL - Talk To You Louder

WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?

WTFA - Wet The Furniture Again

WTP - Where's The Prunes?

WWNO - Walker Wheels Need Oil

Comment

Greetings friends,

Another day closer to turkey day, haha!
                    Of course I am grateful for everything but I am kind of tired of cooking this huge meal. I started changing my menu bit by bit over the years so I can make some things ahead of time, bake ahead & all that. These holidays have become exhausting, what can I say?

Mick, I liked BYOT lol
                    Yep, I was in ICU for 4 days & on a step down unit for a couple more before they let me go home. I looked like a war victim with staples running all the way up one side of my shaved head, black eyes from the facial fractures ~ just stunning, haha! I couldn’t take another hit like that, no way. You really do lose track of time when you’re in such serious condition. It all seems like one bad & very long nightmare. We are both very lucky to be here & thriving today

PQ, hope your day was good!

Hello to Det, Sam, Pauly & Cyn.

Have a lovely night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I hope the calomine lotion helps. I am really scared of getting shingles as I've heard some real horror stories. Still surprised it's on your arms and not traveling along the nervous system of your torso. At 4am it doesn't matter how quiet you are. LOL No provincial lockdown, our Premiere is a woose! but he did declare a state of public health emergency. He did mandate community centres be closed to the public but we already are. The mayor is now in council deciding to declare a state of local emergency for the city. The only change affecting us is the elementary kids will have an extra week off at the end of the Christmas break so childcare staff also gets an extra week off. I actually watched the zoom meeting with Boris Johnson and Justin Trudeau....that whisky is important

Lav...I only cooked the big meal once and that was enough. My mom would cook for all 10 of us and of course there was always quests. Everything was always perfect and now I'm just amazed at how she had to time everything to make that happen. You need to tell your DIL that you're coming to her place for Thanksgiving next year. There continues to be frustration between the boss and childcare staff and I'm just glad it's not directed at me. Peoples nerves are starting to unravel, the winter break can't come soon enough. All quiet in the hen house?

Wishing all a restful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE ALL....

Well here I am talking to myself. LOL It was a good and quiet day. The mayor enacted a local state of emergency for the city but did not implement any new restrictions. He can now access federal funds and authorize peace and bylaw officers to issue tickets per the federal restrictions. We've all been asked to work from home so I asked the boss about that. He said he agrees, there's nothing going on in the building and other than supporting childcare he doesn't see why not. Perhaps a couple of days in the office and 3 days at home. Works for me. The first time I wake up to -20 I'm staying home. LOL

Mick...I hope you're not suffering too much and are getting lots of rest.

Lav...will probably see your post when I post this.

Shout out to Det, Pi, Sam, TG and Pauly...hope all is good with everyone.

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Talking to yourself again PQ?? LOL
                          It’s a weird feeling isn’t it when everyone else just disappears for 24 hrs or more.

Everything is fine here except the stupid turkey did not defrost in the fridge. It’s been sitting in there since Monday & it’s only 10.5 lbs. So now it’s floating around in cool water in my laundry room sink (still in the wrapper of course)
                          My baby boy turned 40 today, I suddenly feel so much older haha!!!

PQ, my DIL would rather eat pizza than cook a meal, no kidding. If I want pizza for Thanksgiving next year I’ll know where to go, haha.

Mick, I kinda doubt the calamine lotion is going to touch the nerve pain. Did you try the steroid cream? I sure hope yo get some relief soon :hug:

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam, Cyn & Pie wherever you are.

Have a nice night all & stay warm PQ!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ...how are we apologies for not being around yesterday ..most of the day was taken up messing with the van ..it wouldnt start ..The vehicle battery was flat and I mean flat..iit wouldnt jump off another battery .so I weent on the internet and some of the help I get was great ....Eventually I got it started,,,so I need to check it again today and check the battery and the solar panel.Electrics arent me ,so I need to find specialist for ir .I didnt really have to time to be rubbish yesterday..I actually thought I was fixed ...wrong answer my arm and shoulder are stinging like nettle stings...Igoes from sting to itch and everything else ..when its itchy thats when I use the lotion .
                            Today we find out which tier we go into on the 2nd of December..despite a massive drop in the amount of positives the feeling is we will go into tier 3 .for me its a load of boll.cks how can you determine individuals in a massive area .? you cant ..it is then thought if it goes ok and keeps dropping ,the first review is 16th dec ..hopefully we will get away for Christmas .The rubbish bit is the fact that the assessment is not done fairly ..You watch London ..they will keep that dump open at all costs ..I get very bitter at corrupt political practices .

hope everyone is good.......

A solicitor calls his wealthy art collector client and says, "Sir Ian, I have some good news, and I have some bad news." The client replied, "I've had an tough day. Give me the good news first!" The lawyer said, "Well, I met with Lady Pamela today, and she informed me that she just invested £50,000 in some pictures that she thinks will soon be worth about £50 million, I've looked at them and I think she could be right." Sir Ian replied enthusiastically, "Wow, that's incredible, my wife is a shrewd investor and I never even knew it, you've just made my day! Now I know I can handle the bad news. What is it?" The lawyer replied, "The pictures are of you and some rent boys in a motel."

People keep anthromorphising this virus it doesn't have a brain, it doesn't think, it's not intelligent.

It's spreads successfully because those same characteristics also apply to 50% of the population.

That's the turkey bought for thanksgiving.
                            Tough sht if a six pack of Golden Drummers isn't enough for a family of 4

I was asked if I was sick of hearing “The virus doesn’t know it’s Christmas” yet ?

Can not for the life of me remember who sings it.

We've decided to take a risk and have more than 3 families over for Christmas.

Luckily, there's a statue close to the house that we can pull down if the police turn up.

Me watching Demolition Man at 14 "they will never make a better film than this!"
                            Me watching Demolition Man yesterday "that's quite a large police budget for a utopian, crimeless society".

After witnessing a robbery in the post office last week, I was interviewed by the police and eventually they brought in their very own sketch artist.

You probably know how pushy those guys can get, it’s almost as if they already have a suspect in mind. I was determined to do this properly so I resisted his ‘suggestions’ and after a couple of hours the annoying sh.t left with a very realistic drawing from my description..

Two days later I felt a sense of deep satisfaction after reading in the paper that he had been arrested and charged with the aggravated robbery.

After 30 years of public service I was given the freedom of the town of Rochdale. I gave it back the next day

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sorry to hear about the van but glad you weren't flat on your back in pain. Do you have any idea how long this will last? The shingles that is, not the pandemic. Most of Alberta is PO'd that after 3 weeks we're probably headed for a more severe lockdown. Our premiere is more interested in money that health. Nothing I can do about it except continue to look after myself.

Lav...yes it is a weird feeling, had to keep checking I was on the right thread. LOL Did you get the turkey thawed? My mom used to use the bathtub.

Not much to report on this end so will just wish everyone a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X