A Sober Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Sober Thanksgiving

I plan on staying sober throughout Thanksgiving so o figured that I would make a post and see if anyone wants to join me in a sober Thanksgiving. This year it will just be my immediate family it I won’t let that be an excuse to drink. Besides I have to work the day and day after and in my line of work being hungover with a place for people going through dementia is not fun at all.

I am pledging now to not drink on Thanksgiving!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: A Sober Thanksgiving

Indeed. This will be my 11th sober Thanksgiving. That is something I do not take for granted. Wishing everyone a safe sober & blessed holiday!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Absolutely! This will be my 12th sober Thanksgiving. We all can do this, just make the choice
      Last edited by Lavande; November 22, 2020, 06:44 PM.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I pledge that I will not drink on Thanksgiving. It will be a little hard as I will be with five people who quite like their drinks. At least 17 y/o daughter won’t be drinking either.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I have done both sober Thanksgivings and drunk Thanksgivings and prefer the sober ones for sure.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Thanksgiving was my holiday to drink too much. The last week I drank I have labeled the "Thanksgiving Massacre." I just drank starting Wednesday before and drank too much every day until I quit on Dec. 2. I will gladly and gratefully be spending the day sober.

Comment

I too will be sober, for the fourth year.

Comment

I'm in!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X