29th of November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29th of November

mae all ...how are we then? firstly apologies for not turning up yesterday ,although I did speak to a couple of folk on tinternet book..I never slept at all the night before lst was up till about 4am then nodded off ..next thing ..van alarm screaming its head off .looking for glasses keys etc ..it is going good style. Neighbour phones me ..I look out and see the habitation door wide open ..that sinking feeling...I get out reset the alarm ..by this time Ive got overshoes and plastic gloves on ..to check the inside of the van ....to find ..nuffink ..no damage no theft .door not forced.Checked internet for that particular van ..unless the deadbolts are in place properly the door tends to swing open ..It was a particularly high wind ..so thats it ..a good contingency exercise ..Really foggy here this morning.Spots are going tho one set are really itchy ..still got the tingling and chafing feeling but not as bad really cold and Im running around in a sleeveless t shirt .

hiya ppqp ..how are you then?ok I hope .still got the bad weather?this is what we have and its coming in thicker ..

20201129_105855.jpg

hope all is well ..

hiya Lav..hows you then?that is a cracking piece of kit..I have a friend who is into them ..that particular model ...there is tons on you tube about them. When I did the Roman dig with Salford Uni they had a professional drone guy there ..ok he was good ..but at something like 300 pounds an hour you would expect so .My tablets finish today ,but Im going to get in touch with doc see if I need more ..would hate it to flare up again .Oh yes ..you got the smallest toikey ....try this ..

5b21cb249d927.image.jpg

hiya tee gee ..how are you today .? hope a little better .each day is a little more progressive stay safe ...thinking of you .

hiya pauly hope all is ok with you?...yep she isnt at the pound ...well done you ....

istockphoto-173815892-1024x1024.jpg

right folks have a good one big shout to you all

Government advice is saying don't play board games at Christmas this year.

Wouldn't be the first time a family member has been killed over a game of Monopoly

A Jelly Baby walks into a bar and starts talking to a Smartie.

After a few beers the Smartie says " a bunch of us are heading
    to that new club, fancy tagging along?"

The Jelly Baby says "No mate, I'm a soft centre, I always end up
    getting my head kicked in."

"So", Smartie says. "Don't worry about it, I'm a bit of a hard case,
    I'll look after you."

Jelly Baby thinks about it for a minute and says "Fair enough, as long as you'll look after me", and off they go.

After a few more beers in the club, three Lockets walk in.

As soon as he sees them, Smartie hides under the table.

The Lockets take one look at jelly Baby and start kicking him, breaking cola bottles over his little jelly head, lamping him with little sugary chairs, and generally having a laugh.

After a while they get bored and walk out.

Jelly Baby pulls his battered Jelly Baby body over to the table and
    wipes up his Jelly Baby blood.

He turns to Smartie and says, "I thought you were going to look after me."

"I was!" says Smartie, "But those Lockets are *******' menthol!".

What did the dyslexic pimp buy?

a warehouse.

Why did the baker have smelly hands?

Because he kneeded a poo.

Why did the skeleton burp?

He didn't have the guts to fart.

A man goes into a bar with a giraffe, they both get a couple of rounds in. When they get up to leave they're extremely drunk and the giraffe passes out and falls over. The man opens the door, about to leave by himself, when the bartender stops him suddenly and says, "Hey! You can't leave that lyin' there!" The man turns around and slurs, "Don't be silly, that's not a lion, that's a giraffe!"

whats green and you cant swallow it ?

a snooker table

What do you call a man with pork on his head?

Hamed.

What do you call a man with two bits of pork on his head?

Mohamed.

What do you call a man with two bits of pork on his head standing between two buildings?

Mohamed Ali.

What goes ring-ring, ring-ring, ring- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH HH!!!!

Stevie Wonder answering the iron

What do you call a cowboy with no money?

Skint Eastwood

How does Bob Marley like his doughnuts?

Wi' Jammin'

What does Bob Marley say when he offers you one?

I hope you like Jammin' too
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 29th of November

Mae everybody, Mick that's crazy about the van door but like you said at least you learned that little note about the deadbolt, I'm just glad it wasn't a theft. On grandpuppy she had an episode in July where she got dehydrated and had some kind of seizure,Kells boyfriend had rushed her to the emergency vet and they rehydrated her and cooled her down and sent her home,I think that's when the weirdness started,she's very stubborn about drinking water even now and I hafta make sure she does that was a scary situation and I'm not wanting to go through that again,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

OK day here, tomorrow we get a big storm,rain, high winds & possible a thunderstorm or two. Better than snow I guess.

Mick, good to see you today.
      I would encourage you to call your doc & see if he/she wants to continue the med or possibly order something else for the discomfort you’re still having.
      I liked the Skint Eastwood joke, haha! Is there some way you could get van door lock fixed. It seems that should be a recall issue, geez.
      Hope the rest of your day was better

Pauly, maybe the dogs electrolytes are still off kilter. Have you tried changing her food in addition to watching her water intake? Little changes can help a lot. The Vet can draw blood easily enough to see where she stands health wise. I hate seeing any animal suffer. I found one of my older chickens on the floor this morning & I could tell she was on her way out. Sure enough a few hours later she died.
      If they could only tell us what’s wrong

Hello to PQ, hope your day was good!

Hello to Det, Sam, Cyn & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - 7:30 AM, and am getting ready to head out... long long days of driving to and fro to get things out of storage, takemthem to different storage, getting things organized here at the motel so I can go to the HOUSE on the 1st. And I have a client today in a different town, and the. A business Zoom call...

Will check in later, just wanted to say hello, and that you are all in my heart... be safe, all...

Comment

Hiya all how are you doing today. Iam atthe dentists at the moment..doing impressions for the teeth. Raining at the moment I know you don't believe me buy yes it rains even here. Apart from that not a lot never slept again last night...me and 3am are the best of friends apart from that not a lot going on..stay safe everyone
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello friends,

Rain, wind, thunderstorms & a tornado warning has kept me on my toes today, geez!
            Stitching up some embroidery orders & hope to get them in teh mail tomorrow.

Cyn, you do have a lot on your plate. Be careful on the roads as these storm seem to be heading north :hug:

Mick, I imagine you have a chair with your name on it at the dentist by now, haha!! Hope you made good impressions

Hello to PQ, Det, Sam, Pauly & Pie. Check in when you can folks, please.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...how's g/puppy doing? Are things starting to settle down? Hope you can get something worked out.

TG...it seems that since I first met you on this thread you've been moving things in and out of storage. LOL I know your plans got disrupted with events earlier this year. Do be careful on those roads and take your time. Stay safe and as you would say engaged.

Mick...I'm sure glad the van wasn't broken into. What a way to find out about the deadbolts! Well at least you know now. Man, at the dentist again! If this is the impression stage you've got a few more visits in your future. I sure hope you can get a decent sleep tonight.

Lav...wow, crazy weather for you. We're experiencing fall conditions with no snow in sight for this week. We'll actually be around 53F for the end of the week and the weekend. At least everyone is able to keep going outside during this crazy time. Are you getting caught up on Xmas orders or is there still more to do? Remember, no work Christmas Eve. LOL

Made a Shepard's Pie for dinner and the oven just dinged me so must be off. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick why the insomnia? I remember when I was dealing with that I felt like I was going crazy some days PQ, Sheppard's pie sounds good, grandpuppy is settled in, I just hafta keep her separated from Romeo when the boys come, which is really no problem, Lav, I was digging out my Christmas decs last night and came across the lovely ornaments you sent me a few years ago, they'll take front and center on my tree Cyn, hope you get everything sorted, hope the rest of the gang are ok haven't heard from Pie in ages, Sam here and there and Dets been busy I guess, hope someone checks in soon, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday for us all!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
                  hope everyone had a good T Day. Also hope everyone is staying healthy.
                  Still slammed with work. Sometimes I feel like retiring but the last tractor I bought won't allow it! I've been home for the last couple of days and it made me realize how much I miss working and putzing around here... and how little I've done around here!

have a luverly Tuesday everyone.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello wall and how are we today then question mark hope all is well well it has been absolutely freezing over here today, the first day of winter I went to bed really early last night and slept through till about 6:30 this morning so managed to get a good amount of sleep

Hiya lav and how are you today then question mark hope all is well well great joke about the Impressions get your coat you're sacked. To be honest you he didn't take any impressions yesterday it was all done in 3D d it was unbelievable certainly come along way
                    Have you still got your storms over there be safe

Hiya pauly and how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you I don't know why the Insomnia comes about perhaps it's because the pain at times keeps you from sleeping on that side I don't know glad the puppy has settled down you take care

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then? I put two more visits at the dentist oh yes and guess what we have got snow forecast for this week so if you are struggling I can always send you some take care

Hiya TG well how did it go did you get to the house? You must do some serious mileage you take care and look after yourself

Sam the Man! How you doing my friend hope all is well let me tell you it is really hard work doing nothing and then on top of that when you start having to make it look as if you're doing something when you're doing nothing that is even harder OK that's me finished waffling hope you have a good day mate

Right folks I'm just done this on my phone so I'll post it now catch the last delivery so take it easy and look after yourself

Comment

Greetings all!

The tornado blew right by us yesterday & landed two counties away. It was an F-0 but still did a fair amount of damage. Weather is much better today, just windy & colder.
                      We took a ride to one of the Amish shops & got some pretty poinsettias for our house & several green bunches with ribbons to take to the cemeteries next week.
                      Made a vegan vegetable pasta soup in the IP for dinner. I need a break from all the heavy food the past 5 days, haha!

PQ, I’m getting jealous of your weather, LOL
                      I am basically caught up for now, mailed a package out this morning. Working on some new lace ornaments. I like to add a few new ones each year. I’ll get some in the mail to you 7 see how long they take t o arrive

Pauly, I need to catch you upon some new lace ornaments this year too. Glad to hear your G-pup is settling in. Hope your day was good!

Sam, retire already, haha1!!! I know it gets harder & harder to keep going to work.
                      I read again yesterday about the hospitals calling back retired nurses - I’m not going. I don’t have the stamina for those 12+ hr long days anymore. I’m not even certain my immune system is up to par to fend off all the hospital cooties. It’s sad, I know the young nurses are having a hard time.

Mick, 3D dental impressions? That’s impressive, I hate the old fashioned way they do them.
                      Hope you don’t actually get snowed on this week, eek!

Hello to Det, hope you’re just busy man!

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well!

Have a nice night everyone.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi All...

I am struggling. More than I was willing to admit to anyone, especially myself.
                        I usually hit the hay around 9pm to read and unwind, fall asleep around 10:30pm then wake around 3am, but then am able to go back to sleep for another 3 hours.
                        Not last night. After going to bed around 10pm I woke at 2am and was not able to go back to sleep. At 5am I watched the news and then went into work at 7am.
                        Usually when I can't sleep it's because I can't turn the thoughts off in my mind, this is different. There was no thoughts rambling around in my brain, just blank until I started thinking about work.
                        There is nothing going on at work as we are technically still shut down, just the Childcare Out of School Program is running which has nothing to do with my work, other than support, which is all working fine.
                        Had a meeting with the boss and prog coord about newsletter and website updates at 10am, usual monthly meeting, and then went in and told the boss I was going home.
                        I could hardly talk to him as every time I went to say something my voice would crack and I could barely stop myself from crying.
                        There is no drama going on at work so I have to think it's because subconsciously I'm really feeling the affects of what's happening with Covid in Calgary.
                        The ICU's here are now having to decide who gets treatment or who gets to continue with the treatment they are currently receiving. FFS, how did it come to this?
                        Maybe subconsciously I'm thinking I'd be the one who doesn't get treatment because I don't consciously feel that way, I'm still of the mindset that it won't happen to me. Who's kidding who.
                        I don't know if that's what's going on but I do know that it's not normal to quick to tears just because someone says something nice to you.
                        I also feel the lack of support and direction from the boss has played a big role in this.
                        I am not going into work tomorrow but do have a fun project that I'm looking forward to working on from home on my own time.
                        Well...
                        I got to say actually putting it into words and sharing with you has really helped, my shoulders are actually not up around my ears at the moment. LOL
                        I am grateful that we all have a safe place to express our feelings. Thanks for being here....PQ
                        Last edited by porqoui; December 1, 2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, big fat((hug)) from me, this is a shitty time in life and I think our subconscious mind is there niggling away even though we're not aware of it, I've never seen or heard of such devastating events day after day like we are now, I'd tell you hang in there but I can barely keep myself hanging in there but we're hear to listen and try to help, Mick, is that why it asked us question mark? Cuz you were posting from your phone? Haha, Lav, glad you got some pointsettia they really add some beautiful color, Sam great to see you, up too early and I'm irritated by it, grrrrrr, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!

Comment

PQ, I also woke up early at about 3am that same night, and was absolutely wide awake for the rest of the night until morning. So unusual, as I can usually drift off back to sleep, even if it takes an hour. But that was the full moon night, and I think it was messing with me. Now on the other side of that, I easily drifted back to sleep last night after awakening at 2 am.

Your boss’s continual lack of support undoubtedly contributed to your near tears, but the lack of sleep likely left you fragile as well. Hopefully you were able to sleep well last night, and are feeling better today -especially since you don’t have to see him today!
                            Last edited by Slo; December 2, 2020, 09:50 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

hiya all ..how are we then today? hope everyone is doing ok..Its really dark here today .Well his is the first day of our tier 3 system...I actually found it easier than what we have just had!Im sitting here doing this listening to records ..yep records ..real vinyl!I had a few ,went to the charity shop this morning..got some for about 75cents each early motown Diana Ross ,Manhattans ,Bowie ,Kristoffersons best hits (ace!)the sound quality is far superior to cds ..its crazy prices tho ..vinyl is defo back ...Queens greatest hits ....£25 .. Bowie name your price etc .so if anyone has got any dont bin them they are on the way back in .

hiya ppqp ...hows you today then? hope you are feeling a bit better ..sent you a message ..chin up girl

hiya pauly hows you then? Hard times I know ,and we are have all struggled at stages ..as you say we are here to help each other ..yep done on my phone that was why question mark ..you take care look after yourself .

hiya Lav ..hows you then? good? I like poinsiettas them and Christmas cacti its the same over here ..they are recruiting now ...not for the wards ,but to help with the vaccine programme which is rolling out very soon .Yes the dentists was good ..no mouthfuls of gunk any more

hiya everyone else ..hope you are good ..take care all ..

Comment

Working...
                              X