6th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th December

hello everyone how are we today? hope all is well with everyone.Very foggy over here today at the moment cleaning up the garage ...yep boredom setting in!!iand yes the house is next to declutter ..hope everyone is doing ok ...keep smiling all

Money cannot buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than on a bicycle.

Forgive your enemy, but remember the ass-hole's name.

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.

Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then neither does milk.

Condoms don't guarantee safe sex.

A friend of mine was wearing one, when he was shot by the woman's husband.

Funny Nicknames from Scotland

Some nicknames that have been given to some characters from Glasgow, Scotland by their workmates and friends:

*Two Soups*
    - his real name is Campbell Baxter.

*Norrie Two Bonnets*
    - the Glasgow taxi-driver who wears a wig under his cloth cap.

*The Colostomy*
    - the girlfriend of a married man (i.e. the wee bag on the side).

*The Boomerang Kid*
    - whenever anyone at work asks a question, he always replies: 'I'll get back to you on that. '

*The Parachute*
    - lets everyone down at the last minute.

*Vaseline*
    - his real name is Willie Burns.

*Rembrandt*
    - loves saying to colleagues: 'Let me put you in the picture...'

*Bo Derek*
    - a chap called Derek with terrible body odour.

*The Genie*
    - magically appears whenever anyone opens a bottle.

*Dulux*
    - his pals reckon he's only got one coat.

*Soapy*
    - washes his hands of any problems that crop up..

*The Yeti*
    - always on the sick. Many unconfirmed sightings of this guy, but nobody can prove he actually exists.

*The Gas Man*
    - he's serviced loads of old boilers.

*The Hostage*
    - when anyone asks for help he always replies: 'Sorry, my hands are tied.'

*The Olympic Flame*
    - He never goes out.

And finally:

There was a stevedore at Ramsgate harbour whose mates called him "The Ailing Crab" -- He was always taking time off because one of his nippers was poorly.

The famous American statesman, William Penn had two old aunts, named Natalie and Ellie, who were well known for baking great pies.

But, alas they got greedy and raised the prices, up and up, until...

Soon all the people in Quakertown were complaining about "the pie rates of Penn's aunts".

Murphy the Roofer was working when suddenly he started shaking and feeling dizzy.

He calls down to Paddy the Hod-Carrier and says "I think I must go home, I've just come over all giddy and feel sick".

Paddy shouts up to Murphy on the roof "Have you got vertigo"?

Murphy replies, "No I only live round the corner".

Where do German farmers keep their tractors?
    Auto barn

A hunter walking through the jungle was surprised to find a pigmy standing beside a very large dead lion. Amazed, he asked,'Did you kill that'?

The pigmy answered,'Yes'.

The hunter then asked,'How could a little bloke like you kill a huge beast like that'?

Said the pigmy,'I killed it with my club'.

The astonished hunter asked,'How big is your club'?

The pigmy replied,'There's about 100 of us'.

Paddy O'Murphy's wife gave birth to twins and he demanded to know who the other man was...

A Neat Piece of Trivia.

(I bet you'll never look at the game the same way again!)

Starting in 1941, an increasing number of British Airmen found themselves as the involuntary guests of the Third Reich, and the Crown was casting about for ways and means to facilitate their escape...

Now obviously, one of the most helpful aids to that end is a useful and accurate map, one showing not only where stuff was, but also showing the locations of 'safe houses' where a POW on-the-lam could go for food and shelter.

Paper maps had some real drawbacks -- they make a lot of noise when you open and fold them, they wear out rapidly, and if they get wet, they turn into mush. Someone in MI-5 (similar to America 's OSS ) got the idea of printing escape maps on silk. It's durable, can be scrunched-up into tiny wads, and unfolded as many times as needed, and makes no noise whatsoever.

At that time, there was only one manufacturer in Great Britain that had perfected the technology of printing on silk, and that was John Waddington, Ltd. When approached by the government, the firm was only too happy to do its bit for the war effort.

By pure coincidence, Waddington was also the U.K. Licensee for the popular American board game, Monopoly. As it happened, 'games and pastimes' was a category of item qualified for insertion into 'CARE packages', dispatched by the International Red Cross to prisoners of war.

Under the strictest of secrecy, in a securely guarded and inaccessible old workshop on the grounds of Waddington's, a group of sworn-to-secrecy employees began mass-producing escape maps, keyed to each region of Germany or Italy where Allied POW camps were located. When processed, these maps could be folded into such tiny dots that they would actually fit inside a Monopoly playing piece.

As long as they were at it, the clever workmen at Waddington's also managed to add:
    1. A playing token, containing a small magnetic compass
    2. A two-part metal file that could easily be screwed together
    3. Useful amounts of genuine high-denomination German, Italian, and French currency, hidden within the piles of Monopoly money!

British and American air crews were advised, before taking off on their first mission, how to identify a 'rigged' Monopoly set -- by means of a tiny red dot, one cleverly rigged to look like an ordinary printing glitch, located in the corner of the Free Parking square.

Of the estimated 35,000 Allied POWS who successfully escaped, an estimated one-third were aided in their flight by the rigged Monopoly sets. Everyone who did so was sworn to secrecy indefinitely, since the British Government might want to use this highly successful ruse in still another, future war.

The story wasn't declassified until 2007, when the surviving craftsmen from Waddington's, as well as the firm itself, were finally honored in a public ceremony.

It's always nice when you can play that 'Get Out of Jail' Free' card!

When Canadian road workers found about 200 dead crows on the highway between Toronto and Hamilton, there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

So the government had a bird pathologist examine the remains of all the crows and he confirmed the problem was definitely not Avian Flu, much to everyone's relief.

However, he was surprised that his detailed study determined that 98 percent of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, but only 2 percent were killed by car impact.

The Province then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine the reason behind the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviourist determined the cause in short order. When crows eat road kill, they always set up a lookout crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

His conclusion was that the lookout crow could warn "Cah", but he could not say "Truck".
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 6th December

Greetings all,

Mick, now I know a crow can’t say ‘truck’ :goodone:
    The temp is right at the freezing mark now so I guess it’s going to be a super cold night.
    Spent half my day chasing flighty little chickens back into their yard. It’s time for some wing clipping for sure. At least I’m getting a little fresh air & exercise, haha!!

Wondering WTH hell everyone else is today, hmm. Just hope everyone is OK :hug:

Have a nice night all. I need to go package up some things for mailing tomorrow.
    Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all, I just figured out how to find the last thread so that I could read up on what the weekend was like for folks... glad I did, as I would not have known about PPQ... I hope we hear soon that she is okay... that all sounds very strange.

Mick, how are you feeling? You said a little tired, but didn't mention itchies or pain, so I hope that you are feeling better with all that.

Lav, wonderful,pics of Longwood, and I love the idea of you exercising by chasing the adolescent chickens around. Does your son have just the one dog now? I remember the "insanity twins." Dear me, going to FL for that trial... that is going to be a heartbreak all over again. I agree with you, how has that driver been just out walking around and possibly doing the same thing, for a year?! Makes no sense.

Sam, that article is fascinating, right? Very impressive.

Pauly, how's things? I'm glad that you figured out the puppy and kid situation... takes time to get things straightened out. Are you looking forward to Xmas? I want to hear about the presents ...

Det, hope you are doing okay...

I realize now looking back that I had a really hard week last week, mentally and emotionally. Like it was one transition too many... and also, I am starting a new position with Classical Tahoe, and I absolutely don't feel up to the job. All new skills. So I guess I took a few days to put my head in the sand... the good news is that I seemed to have a few more lights on in the old noggin today... so we'll see what happens this week.
      In the realm of strange physical things going on, I suddenly had half of my right eye fill with blood. Thank goodness it doesn't hurt. But I did call eye doc, just to be sure I shouldn't be seen... and he said it will take a couple of weeks for it to clear. So I look kind of scary, but oh well!
      Wishing you all a good day tomorrow, and I will check in tomorrow.
      To The Light

Comment

morning all,
        chilly start to the day, been in the start of our annual house cleaning for xmas. No wonder I think humbug!

Mick, been detecting any lately? how are the wabbits doing?

Lav, our newest batch of chickens seem pretty flighty as well. Maybe its the cold making them nervous?? nah.....

TT, any clue as to what happened to your eye? cause? sounds pretty scary.

PQ, hope you are better!

waves to everyone
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then? good I hope...very cold over here today but was out digging in the garden ..start of my ideas for next years moveabout .well the first doses of the vaccine re given today ...I think Im in round 6 ..by then if there are any issues I reckon they will have found them

hiya Sam ..yep rabbitz are doing good thanks ,havent been detecting for a while now ..covid sort of messed that up ...you take care mate

hi Lav hows you then?hope all is well..chasing chickens ?good exercise I guess ..you ake care

hiya ppqp how are you then?hope all is well..how are you feeling .hope you are getting better

hiya teegee ..hope you are good ..Yes Im ok ,just get very weary and shooting pains in my arm .but I feel like Im getting better ...you take care and dont go mad .

right I will say goodbye ..big hello to everyone out there
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Evening here.... thought I would check in and see how PPQ is... I hope she is Okay, and Det as well.

Hiya Sam, good luck with the cleaning up before the holiday... exhausting!

Hope your evening will be good, Pauly...

Wishing all well -

Comment

Good evening friends,

Yep, it’s chilly & partly cloudy so the sun isn’t helping much. Ran out to the secret little Amish store today to stock up on some baking supplies. I love that little place.
              Well, we figured out today every time one of those flightly girls hops the fence we catch them, clip one wing & return them to their yard so theyll never do that again, haha!! We usually do the wing clipping before adding them to the older flock but this time we didn’t & now we’re paying for that decision. I’m just worried about the fox & his buddies getting to them when they’re out of the fenced yard.

Cyn, the driver was immediately found guilty if careless driving but I have yet to find out what the consequences are for that in FL. According to YB it’s likely to just be a $1000 fine. I don’t think that’s even close to being an adequate punishment for killing someone with your truck & badly injuring another Hopefully something else will come of this.
              Sorry about your eye. I remember that happened to my mom at one point while they were on vacation, just came out of no where. Hope yours clears up quickly. I did read the email announcing your new job, how wonderful! I’m sure the organization believes in your abilities. One day at a time for now, right?

Mick, you’ll have to stop digging when the ground freezes buddy!! Remember to save your energy for healing.
              I’m waiting to hear about the vaccination schedule over here. Apparently cases are still growing by leaps & bounds daily over here.

Sam, will you have time to clean my house too? Lol
              We’ve had some flighty chickens in the past but this group seems to be borderline crazy, haha! Maybe it is the weather.
              PQ, please check in & let us know how you are :hug:

Det, time for you to check in as well.

Pauly, hope your day was great!

Have a good night everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for not checking in sooner, can't believe it's been this long! Where did the week go! Spoke with the Doctor on Friday and she didn't think it was a sinus infection (I'd be in a lot more pain if it was) figured it was an allergic reaction to something and recommended an OTC antihistamine to start and see how it goes. I asked her about getting a covid test and with my symptoms she didn't think it was necessary at the time. The OTC med worked and almost instantly the swelling and heat on my cheek stopped. I was self quarantining since Wednesday, just incase, had no energy and basically lied on the couch doing nothing. The rash is starting to dissipate and I am now seeing a bit of clearing with patchy dry skin. I'm nervous about applying any cream but when I did felt a lot of relief. I have never had allergies but know that you can develop them at later ages. I have a sneaky suspicion it has something to do with my mask wearing. I am going to continue taking it easy and working from home for now with the bosses full approval. I had a lot more energy today and feel I'm on the mend, just don't look at my face. LOL At least if I go out I can wear a mask!
                I had a quick read through of the posts, thanks for your continued care and support. I am a little bit worried about Det. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all pouring down with rain here ..was in the garden yesterday thank goodness most of the plants are out ...just got one fuschia to die back and then move. Wrong time to lay grass .so will need to keep it fenced..else we will have 2 digging out rabbits .
                  well today over here is already being called V Day ..Vaccine day..at 0630 his morning in Coventry the first covid19 jab in the world was given.
                  Ppqp ...glad you are feeling a bit better ..it could be as you say something to do with mask wearing..but there is that much jotting around the world you never know what it could be .stay safe

hiya Lav ...1000 bux? what price life ?yes I probably should have left the garden but hey..so you are cleaning out the house too? shall we have a swap section on here?I saw the deer in the fields yesterday 4 of them now ..

hiya tee gee ...how are you then? hows the eye?Noggin eh ?????ha ha..In a year full of grief craziness etc ..you are entitled to "ostrich 5yndrome" you take care ..

hiya Sam ...how are you then ? so far thats me ,you, lav and I know Byrdie is doing the same ..theres a world innovation in there somewhere

hiya pauly how are you then? hope all is well with you.

right mad bad and sad ...take care and have a good day x

My son said he wanted to be a bin man cause they only work one day a week. I said "don't be daft son. that's teachers you're thinking of".

New Tier 3 Regulations from New Year’s Eve

Stay at home unless you have a large ‘yacht, a second home in the country or a private jet.

I recently visited a restaurant where they offered you £50 if they couldn't provide anything you ordered, so I asked for elephant's balls on toast and within 10 minutes the head waiter handed me a nice crisp £50 note.

They had run out of bread.

I recently bought a receipt but it's the wrong one.

So I'm going to go back to the shop to return it.

Australian SAS and Commando units have been accused of war crimes.

The people that look after us .

Maybe the politicians should go out and fight the wars they start,

Being airborne approximately thirty minutes on an outbound evening Air Lingus flight from Dublin, the lead flight attendant nervously made the following painful announcement in her lovely Irish brogue:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so very sorry, but it appears that there has been a terrible mix-up... One minute prior to take-off, by our catering service..., I don't know how this has happened, but we have 103 passengers on board, and..., unfortunately, we received only 40 dinner meals... I truly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience."

When passengers' muttering had died down, she continued..., "Anyone who is kind enough to give up their meal so that someone else can eat, will receive free, unlimited drinks for the duration of our 4 hour flight."

Her next announcement came about 2 hours later... "If anyone would like to change their minds, we still have 40 dinners available."

A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her pink sports car and was pulled over by a woman police officer, who was also a blonde.

The blonde cop asked to see the blonde driver's license. She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated/

"What does it look like" she finally asked?

The policewoman replied, "it's square and it has your picture on it".

The driver finally found a square mirror in here purse, looked at it and handed it over to the policewoman. "Here it is" she said.

The blonde police woman looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, "OKm you can go. I didn't realise you were a cop..."

Murphy goes to his friend Pat and says ... "I'm sleeping with the Pastor's wife. Can you hold him in church for an hour after services for me?"

Pat doesn't like it but being Murphy's long time friend, he agrees. After service, he starts talking to the Pastor, asking him all sorts of stupid questions, just to keep him occupied.

Finally the Pastor gets annoyed and asks Pat what he's really up to.

Pat, feeling guilty, finally confesses to the Pastor. "My friend is sleeping with your wife right now, so he asked me to keep you occupied".

The Pastor smiles, puts a brotherly hand on Pat's shoulder and says... "You better hurry home. My wife died two years ago".

Ponderisms for Seniors
                  I don't need anger management. I need people to stop ticking me off!

Old age is coming at a really bad time!

When I was a child I thought Nap Time was a punishment ... Now, as a grown up, it just feels like a small vacation!

The biggest lie I tell myself is ... "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!

I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights.” I'm very wise.

My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

Teach your daughter how to shoot, because a restraining order is just a piece of paper.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would’ve put them on my knees.

The kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please. I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes”.

I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do that second week.

When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... But it can muffle the sound!

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Lord, Give me patience and give it to me NOW.

Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.

Oops! Did I roll my eyes out loud?

At my age "getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I was wanting!

I was showing my doctor the rash on my bum today. He seemed pretty uncomfortable and didn’t want to look at it, he just told me to make an appointment at the surgery on Monday and walked off pushing his shopping trolley with his wife.
                  Last edited by Mick; December 8, 2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

morning all
                    nice brisk morning and lots of sun. Got to do some deed research in a county that's very rural and yet the covid #'s are creeping up. Usually there's no one in the record room. How strange it has become to worry about being around people.

PQ, glad you're getting better.
                    Mick, definitely screw the people. I watch in total disbielf the amount of effort here to overturn an election where he's the obvious loser.
                    Lav, I wonder what makes one group of chickens calmer than the others. We're starting to get eggs from a few of the new ones now.
                    TG, how's your day doing?

waves to Pauly and Det, Pi, hope you're doing well.

have a good one everyone!
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae all - who, old and windy here today... I am not handling the cold very well this year... on the other hand, I'm not really wearing winter clothes (have to go to far storage) so that figures I guess. Yesterday was beautiful golden side-light sun and no wind... today, nope.

Thanks Lav, I am still very unsettled about the job, but for now it helps the bottom line, (even tho part time) and I guess I'll cope eventually. I am a cranky person because I am always looking for something that I know is here SOMEWHERE. Ah well, this too shall pass. Catching up on the work...

Mick, do the deer bother anything? I love seeing them... at our old house we had twins that came in the spring and adopted us... right now is hunting season, and I hate to hear the sound of the shots. I know it's to cull the herd and it's better, still...

PPQ, thank goodness you are okay... that sounded pretty iffy. Thank goodness for drugs, eh?

Sam, yes, what a strange world... to worry about being with people. I had to make an appointment at the local library to get in and use the printer... felt very odd.

Pauly, how's things? Hope all is well with puppy and family... are you decorating this year?

Det, sure hope you drop back in and let us know how you are... sending you light...

Well, I had a truly bad dream last night ... the kind where you are in danger and trying to scare the person off, but your voice makes no sound? Sheesh! And then once I really woke up, I heard tapping, and I figure it was mouse frolicking in the attic above... oh well!

Must count the days to Solstice... looking forward to more light each day soon...

Wishing all well...

Comment

Good evening friends,

Spent the afternoon baking cookies (to be decorated tomorrow or whenever) & made a pot of white turkey chili, not bad. I’ll be needing a few Tums soon, haha!

PQ, glad you’re feeling better & I totally get you with the new allergies coming out of no where. Remember what I dealt with 2 years ago looking like a fried lobster, ugh. Did you wash that mask with something that may have caused a reaction? I’ve only used 100% cotton fabrics that I prewash before sewing masks. I use ALL allergy free for washing everything these days so I don’t react to perfumes or fabric dyes. If you want to try some disposable masks let me know, I can get some to you easy enough.

Mick, we are supposed to have snow showers tomorrow. We’ve had enough rain & resulting mud.
                        Our news actually showed video of the older lady getting the 1st vaccine & William Shakespeare getting the 2nd, LOL

Sam, it’s definitely chilly up here!!
                        Hope your deed search was OK. I fear getting too close. To people these days, geez.
                        My young chickens are a mix of several breeds, all lightweights from what I can see. I’m so used to having the bigger & heavier Buff Orpingtons who try but just can’t get off the ground, haha! I ordered these chicks online from Mc Murray’s hatchery & they sent me what they had available at the time. Several of them are white egg layers, my first. We are getting a few baby size eggs everyday too.

Cyn, hope you are doing OK, thinking of you!

Hello to Pauly & Det, check in when you can please.

Have a decent night everyone!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all ...how are we today then? hope everyone is doing ok ?including those that aren't here at the moment. As you can imagine the papers over here are full of the vaccine stories ..and yep we are back to brexit ..Poured down with rain here yesterday. I think the side bed in the garden wont be getting much done to it until the spring ..far too wet to lay turf .Shingles seems to be easing tho still getting pains under arm and down forearm every now and again .anyway ...

hiya Lav ,how's you then? Hope you are good ..Julie is the same ..she reacts to any perfumed soaps ,liquids etc.. Did you get the snow? hows the drone flying going?

hiya tee gee hows things with you then? hope all is good with you, despite being a wee bit unsettled .its been a crazy scary wild year so you are entitled to be .The deer dont seem to do much damage though deer being deer Im sure they are taking the lower bark off the trees .You take care stay strong .

hiya Sam the man ..you doing good mate? take it easy

hiya ppqp how are you then? has the rash started to go?how are you finding working from home?

pauly where are you?hope you are ok

Det and you mate whats up ?

take care all ....

Tory minister Matt Hancock gets emotional after seeing 2 people in their 90s get the covid vaccine.

Because it means they'll be fit to go back to work.

Man United showing Boris how easy it is to leave Europe

Meghan Markle walks into a bar. The bartender asks “Why the long face?”
                          He immediately regrets this question as she drones on about white privilege & the patriarchy until close of business.

These comments about William Shakespeare are going from bard to worse ...

“Come here while I wipe that smile off your face!”

I love working as a makeup artist on the new Batman movie.....

During the Covid crisis, Ryanair have announced a surcharge for people not travelling on their planes,

A Marine and a Army soldier were at a barber shop getting a haircut and shave. When the barbers were done they got the after shave to slap on their face and neck.

The Marine yelled "don't put that crap on me cause my wife will think I have been in a whorehouse"!

The soldier said, "Go ahead and put it on me, my wife does not know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like"

John came back from a safari in Africa. Upon arrival, he went to his friend Mark, and told him of his adventures.

"I was out in the jungle," he said, "when all of a sudden I heard a noise in the bush behind me. Looking back, I saw a huge lion, licking his chops, and smiling at me. The lion started coming my way and I started running, with the lion not far behind. When the lion was almost at my neck, he suddenly slipped, and I got ahead a bit. The lion started gaining on me, and as he got closer, once again he slipped. I happened to see a house not far away,and made towards it. As I got close to the house, the lion was almost on top of me, when he slipped for a third time. With the very last bit of strength, I ran into the house and closed the door in the lion's face."

"That's some story there, John, I would have messed my pants."

"Well, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE LION KEPT SLIPPING ON...???"

A flying saucer was low on fuel, so it landed by a gas station on a lonely country road.

On its side were the letters "UFO." The gas station attendant was stunned, but his curiosity got the best of him. "Does that stand for Unidentified Flying Object?" he asked.

"No," one of the other-worldly travelers responded, "It stands for "Unleaded Fuel Only."

An 80-year-old man went to Hollywood to pick up a prostitute and get some action. He noticed one hooker in particular and started flirting with her.

The prostitute started becoming annoyed and said, "Get lost old man! You're ruining business"!

"Sure would like to get some action tonight", said the old man

"You've got to be kidding! You're too old! You're all finished".

"What did you say"? asked the old man.

"You heard me - you're all finished".

"Oh," replied the old man, "how much do I owe you"?

Very Interesting Stuff?

In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have 'the rule of thumb'

-------------------------------------------

Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden'...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

----------------------------------------

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the U.S . Treasury.

Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.

Coca-Cola was originally green.

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska

The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% (now get this...)

The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%

---------------------------------------------
                          The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $16,400

----------------------------------------------

The average number of people airborne over the U.S. in any given hour: 61,000

-----------------------------------------------

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.

------------------------------------------------

The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.

------------------------------------------------

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David

Hearts - Charlemagne

Clubs -Alexander, the Great

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

------------------------------------------

If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.

Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?

A. Their birthplace

Q. Most boat owners name their boats. What is the most popular boat name requested?

A. Obsession

------------------------------------------

Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter 'A'?

A. One thousand

Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?

A. All were invented by women.

Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil?

A. Honey

--------------------------------------------

Q. Which day are there more collect calls than any other day of the year?

A. Father's Day

-----------------------------------------

In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes.

When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'

It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

----------------------------------------------

In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts... So in old England , when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them 'Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down.'

It's where we get the phrase 'mind your P's and Q's'

Many years ago in England , pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim, or handle, of their ceramic cups. When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service. 'Wet your whistle' is the phrase inspired by this practice.

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!

---------------------------------------------107708964_2547622058674609_8512029059753137991_o.jpg

107944954_2552468138190001_3981768442411440865_n.jpg

117816147_2638263109610503_6118863561385100162_n.jpg

117310489_2620165934753554_3166433697120853206_n.jpg

117651075_2635168253253322_6413950006318285092_o.jpg
                          Last edited by Mick; December 9, 2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I hope the peskies behaved themselves yesterday and didn't do any digging. I was wondering how you were getting on with the shingles, sounds like you're getting there. Rash is improving daily, at least it's not itchy. One of my coworkers suggested Benadryl cream so I might give that a try. Popped into the office to pick up a few things as provincially we are now under mandatory work from home orders. We're not back to work till Jan 11th now. I will not work during my 2 week break though.

Sam...you wouldn't think the rash has improved judging by the reaction of my coworkers this morning. LOL Rural, urban it doesn't seem to matter with this virus. Hopefully this vaccine will make a big difference.

Lav...how's the wing clipping going? Have enough of them hopped the fence that you're finished. LOL Now that you mention it I do remember the fried lobster. Did you find out what it was? I'm not wearing cloth masks, just the blue & white medical ones. Price was right, they were free. Son asked me how long I'd been wearing mine and couldn't remember the last time I put a new one on. Stocked up on them when I popped into work this morning so I will definitely be disposing of them after use. I watched the same news video about the 1st and 2nd vaccine doses.

TG...I hope your week is going better than the last one. You have dealt with a lot, and totally deserved checking out for awhile. I seemed to have a few more lights on in the old noggin today LOL, would those be Christmas lights? Blood in your eye, scary! Wonder why that happened. So that makes 3 of us, Mick, you and me, too bad Halloween is over.

Shout out to Det, Pi and Pauly.

For some reason I feel better knowing that everyone is mandated to work from home. Usually when someone says I'm working from home my first thought is ya sure, but not anymore. LOL At least we have some direction now since we weren't getting anything from the boss. Our gorgeous weather is coming to an end, reality to set in. It started snowing around midnight so we got a good dump of it. However the temp is sitting just around freezing so most has turned to slush, makes for some interesting driving. Wishing everyone a great BF Wednesday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks,

We did get some snow flurries this afternoon while I was attempting to decorate the cookies I baked yesterday. I think the kids would eat anything so I’m not too concerned about the way they look, haha!!
                              Heard from another one of my old work friends today, she’s feeling sick & getting tested tomorrow. Our governor announced he’s positive as well, ugh. It’s going to get all of us sooner or later I think.

Mick, I never knew where ‘P & Qs’ came from, now I do Lol
                              The allergist I saw a few years ago said to get rid of all the usual soaps I use & use only Cerave. It’s helped a lot. No more reactions.

PQ, I saw the allergist & told her I thought I was reacting to something chemical in nature. She put all those test patches on my back (which itched like hell). But I did find out I am allergic to 3 different chemicals used in soaps, shampoos, etc. Obviously these are acquired allergies, not something I’ve had all my life. It’s all about getting OLDER, oh well.
                              Let me give you a hint about the disposable masks: They are meant for one time use only! I often use them too but dispose them after 1 day. I carry a plastic bag in my purse to hold the mask if I remove it To eat or drink anything when I’m out. Remember when you touch the outside of your mask you are touching any cooties the mask may have blocked so be sure to wash your hands well afterwards. I’m leery about some of the cleaners & sprays people & places are using to disinfect surfaces. I’m sure I’m probably allergic to most of them.
                              Glad you can stay home to work & stay safe!!! Hope the snow is not too big of a pain

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & anyone else stopping by.
                              Have a good night all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X