New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi, i just stopped drinking. i mostly go on benders and obviously it hasn't done me well. So i joined and i hope i can get some help from you all. . It's something i obviously want to stop, if i had the chance i'd probably be drunk all the time. I don't want that.
    Last edited by Vik88u; December 9, 2020, 01:10 PM.

Re: New here

I just want help, i don't want to drink no more. i got here because i heard good things about this place

Comment

Hey vik welcome. Its quite a quiet forum these days but there is lots of info if you look aro7nd. Are you off the booze or just thinking about ia?

Comment

It's been like a week. Since i last drank. I want of it completely. What happened? In my earlier days when i wasn't really willing to give it up, there was so more activity.

Comment

Hi Vik and welcome. Great work on the week, i wanted a medal after not drinking for a week, had not done that in such a long time.

I think the less activity is due to more online forum sites and when you google give up drinking MWO isnt on top of the list.

Head over to one of the ongoing threads "newbies nest", "army" etc and settle in.

Glad you want to stop completely, i tried moderating and failed at that dismally.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, Vik--

I just chatted to you also, but welcome. It is great that you are serious about giving it up for good. When I was where you are now I was afraid of losing my lifelong social crutch, my fun, my friends. The irony was that I was losing it all anyway - who wants to hang around a middle-aged drunk??

I do recommend the more active threads to get a quicker response.

WELCOME
            Pav

Comment

Welcome, Vik. Here's a link to the Newbies Nest: https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...ml#post1790232
              Please just jump on in! Everyone will be happy to meet a new friend with the same goal - a peaceful life without alcohol in it.

Comment

Hi VK! I You are in a good place. Hope to see you in the Nest!
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=24602]Vik88u[/MENTION] - how're things?

This site is quiet, yes. But there are a few people who still drop in and out, and offer support and encouragement.

I only joined about 3 months ago, and I haven't drunk anything for two months. I found that, yes, there were a couple of posters who pepped me up and kept me going. But the real benefit of the site for me was using it as a 'library'.

I knew I wasn't going to give it up through willpower, and I knew I was anxious, so I was interested in trialling the baclofen method. I found out so much about that here, and have received encouragement from experts, and it's worked for me - so far!

Keep going...

Comment

Working...
                  X