Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th December

Good Morning All...

Just getting the thread started on a chilly -0.4F morning. Off to put the kettle on...will be back in a bit...:smile:PPQP

Re: 13th December

helloeveryone ...a reallly wet day over here pouring with rain ,flooding the garden so need to do some drastic work next year when the weather changes ..Hope everyone is well .Between listening to the Brexit stuff and the increase in covid its ace ...where we are now is below the national average...we are at159 ,the national average is 166 Londonstan is now 357 ...we are due a review on wednesday hopefully we are offski ...

hope everyone is safe and well ...

N V B K I T H E K L O P F
    I N V E N T O R Z S F O F
    T H E E F G H J I O L P L
    Y Q W O R D S E A R C H
    H A S J P O D I E D G W
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...hope you get some pictures of the low spots in the garden for when you start landscaping in the the spring. You may think you'll remember but trust me you won't. LOL I hope the review on Wednesday is positive and you can be offski. RIP Word Search Inventor.

Did some putzing and decluttering, making stacks for goodwill. Took a load of garbage out and blimey it's freezing. With the windchill it's -18F. This is only supposed to last today and high tomorrow is 30F. It'll feel like a heatwave. So whatever has to be done outdoors can wait until tomorrow.

Shout out to everyone, hope you're having a peaceful Sunday....:smile:PPQP
      Last edited by porqoui; December 13, 2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Mae all - checking in earlier in the day, since I pooped out yesterday before writing. Had a long drive to my main storage 10x20 place; I trusted the phone nav to put in the address and sure enough I ended up at the wrong one. Looked the same to me - of course that was after a night of no sleep and a hair-raising load up and drive through hours of pouring rain (with my movers). So I guess that might have been a contributing factor. So, 40 minutes later I arrive at the correct place (entrance code works!). Wow, why was I not prepared to see all those things that I last saw under duress on June 27th...

So, a bit of an emotional upheaval, especially as hubs' clothing was the first thing to deal with so I could get further in. Dear me. I could not find my coats, hats, or gloves, but I did find the printer, which was the most coveted prize. It was totally astonishing. I moved 1 box, and there it was, with the white label and my tidy printing, declaring "printer." Woo Hoo! This will alleviate a lot of stress for me.

So, a bit of an up and down day, especially because it was raining all the way there and back. (What's up with that?). Today we had an almost spring-like day... so hard to remember that it is December... but I'm sure that the weather will remind us soon.

Thinking of everyone, and hoping that you all have a calm and happy end to the weekend and a good start for next week...

PPQ - hoping you can stay home if it is so cold. Mick, hoping that the stats get you out of Covid jail. Wishing all well -take care -

Comment

Good evening friends,

Today was the last of our balmy days, snow arriving sometime tomorrow & more on Wednesday. I have plenty to do inside so I’m not too concerned.
          Have had fairly crappy sleep the last several nights for no apparent reason. Leaves me feeling kind of stupid, Lol
          I need to decide what to do about gift for for son, DIL & SIL, everyone else is done. They’ll likely end up with gift cards again.

PQ, that sure is some cold weather, geez!! Take care & stay inside!!
          I’m in the mood for de-cluttering too, I’m just short on energy lately. I’ll get to it eventually.

Mick, maybe you can turn your garden into a pond, wetland area. It would be a lot easier than fight mother nature if you know what I mean. We had a small pond at our former place with water lillies & other blooming plants & some koi like fish. It was pretty cool & always attracted the tiny frogs . Of course your bunnies probably have other ideas.
          More things are closing down around here because people couldn’t be bothered wearing masks . I hope you get a chance to escape Covid-land for Christmas.

Cyn, you sure have had a ton to deal with, I wish I could lend a hand.
          Glad you actually got your printer though. We have several around here including an air printer which is cool.
          We had a sudden downpour at 11 pm last evening, it was quick. Now we are prepping for snow, ugh.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.

I am going to mix up some pizzelle dough & store it in the fridge until I feel like pressing them.
          Wishing everyone a good night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all - drizzling snow here, supposed to last all day. Oh well, can't complain - yesterday was balmy and lovely... the pup and I spent some quality time out on the deck!

I had a bit of a panic last night when my step-daughter (in CA) wasn't answering her phone... we didn't FaceTime over the weekend. which we usually do... and her workplace (community health center) has been a disaster, nurses and other workers dropping out from Covid - she is in charge of staffing, but there's no one to work. So I knew she was stressed. I called, texted, messaged from 9 pm to 12 am... no answer. I was just looking up how to call the police in her town when she texted me that she was alright, the phone malfunctioned. Hmmmmm, maybe. I asked several times if she was really doing OK (she is dealing with a lot on top of losing her dad, and this being the holidays); she wrote Yes. What else can I do? Except get all the info that I was kicking myself that I don't have... the phone number of her neighbors, the license plate ID of her car... make I know, but ?model ?plate numbers? Name and number of the pet sitter? Sometimes it takes a scare to remember what info we need to share, especially when you live alone... So, that's a task for today - after a short night - my pup doesn't believe in sleeping in ��

Wishing all well today, stay safe, stay in if you can. Mick, I hope you are sprung!

To the light...

Comment

morning all
              wow3 got to sleep in a bit, actually got 8 hours of sleep, something not done in a long time..... rainy day being the reason. Mountain work last week kicked my butt. Still sore!. Cows don't like when I oversleep so off to feed. Be well my friends
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello all and how are we today then? Hope everyone is good it is 15:55 here I've done all sorts of bits and pieces today and yet I don't know what I've done that makes sense. Didn't sleep at all last night went to bed about 11 and wide awake at 2 to and in between I saw midnight on the clock as well. I thought the stuff was finally going but obviously I was wrong oh well not to worry. So this afternoon I feel pretty tired it's cold over here as well we've got rain forecast all week but wait for it wait for it... snow at the weekend how good is that

Hello Sam the Man how are you today then after your 8 hours sleep! Hope things are well with you my friend take care look after

Hello tree girl how are you today then question mark so you have started sorting your stuff out have you? I'm sure there will be sad moments but again I have seen your posts you dwell on the positive as opposed to the negative and to be honest with you you seem to do pretty good at it. Yes yes possibly we will get out of covid this week need to wait and see see the big one now is the government has decreed that families can meet for 5 days over Christmas and a lot of people and scientists are refusing it it saying we are no verge of The Vaccines white push it back so much by doing something stupid because strangely enough at Christmas people will drink and drink and common sense aren't things that are in Great supply together so by introducing such measures it could give us a third-wave. Anyway you take care and look after yourself

Hiya lav how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you we used to have a pond in the garden and to be honest with we loved it it but when we got our first rabbits we filled it in the two lunatics I have now I wouldn't take the chance with not that they are stupid but one of devious and the other very inquisitive again in the past I had koi carp in the pond which the heron was very fond of introducing himself to so you didn't sleep either did you ? Trouble is we are both different ends of the day otherwise we could chat haha take care look after yourself

Hiya ppqp
                How are you then hope all is well with you yes I took some pictures a video and all sorts of the garden I've definitely got reference points for it for next year what are you doing for Christmas? You and also the country and general are you locked down or allowed out to play?

As you can see I've just done this on my phone so I'll post it now now and put some jokes and pictures up later on take care and look after yourself

I.jpg

J.jpg

K.jpg

20201213_142152.jpg

20201213_142315.jpg
                Last edited by Mick; December 14, 2020, 11:49 AM.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...you had quite the day Saturday, all that stress to get there and then get hit with hub's box right off the bat. :hug: At least you had good deck weather yesterday. It is scary not being able to get ahold of a loved one, I'm glad that got sorted. Living with a person with Bipolar I have learned to have every piece of information I could possible have on him. Hope you don't get too much snow, we're good until Sunday again.

Lav...well the heat wave didn't hit but it is slowly warming up. I thin Mother Nature was just giving us a heads up. Hope you had a better night's sleep last night.

Sam...did you discover muscles you never knew you had. LOL Yup, like me, those girls like to stick to their schedule.

Mick...sorry about the sleep, I was hoping it was on the way out too but I think you're getting there. No wonder you loved the pond, it's gorgeous. Yes, I thought of the Peskies right away. Yup, we're under lockdown for Christmas but that's ok as it's usually just us anyways. I will miss not having dinner with my brother and his family though. Will tier 2 allow you to get your Christmas get away in? Looks like you'll be trading places with London.

Shout out to Det, Pauly and PI....please check in.

Did pop out to get some essentials, it was a little quieter but with the lockdown taking place yesterday some places still looked pretty busy. All I can do is look out for myself. Lunch is over so back to figuring out my Corporate Memberships. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all,

I think we’ve had Mick’s rain all day but at least it didn’t snow, haha! Great big giant puddles everywhere, especially in the empty corn fields all around us.
                    Currently the prediction for Wednesday’s snow storm is 12-18” haha, we’ll see. Made a big tray of pizzelles this afternoon now I need to hide them from myself, Lol

Cyn, I’m sorry you felt scared last night. I know I worry when I can’t get ahold of my kids, oh boy. I know they can’t answer phones while they’re at work but still you worry. Neither of them have house phones anymore either, geez. Hope you didn’t get too much snow today.

Sam, I didn’t even let my chickens out today, their yard is a mud pit with all this rain haha!!
                    Hope your aches leave soon.

Mick, that was a very nice pond you had there, reminds me of the one we had. Loved all the aquatic plants too.
                    Didn’t sleep much better last night either, weird week I guess.

PQ, sorry you missed your heat wave. I’ll post a picture of Wednesday’s snowstorm on FB for you

Hello Pauly & Det.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

holy crap, here he is went through a few weeks of existential crisis as we are faced with the maddening ongoing school shutdowns in Vegas and girly is not doing well at all and she's
                      not alone. Teen suicides and serious depression are going crazy here and it's an intensely unhealthy situation. None of us are in any way attracted to Vegas anyway so we are pulling the plug
                      and moving to north Utah where people are actually nice and schools are open and both society and their economy are trucking along nicely. we had a really good visit there a few weeks ago
                      and were just stunned by how nice and 'human-like' people are in the area. it's also drop-dead gorgeous with amazing mountains etc. so HUGE changes are afoot. Darlene quitting her job of 9 years,
                      me transferrring and starting all over again, finding new place and storage etc etc has been a pile of stressors and I got mired into a pretty serious depression a couple weeks ago that I'm finally
                      crawling out of. Pauly, thanks for reaching out on IG. Yes I'm happy to be safe and sober (somehow). Looking to move end of Jan/early Feb so we are furiously downsizing and selling or donating things
                      to neighbors and friends that need things.

Darlene had an illuminating talk with her doctor yesterday and they talked for a bit about the pandemic. Doc says that if anyone comes into the clinic with sniffles or anything at all they automatically
                      record it as Covid even if they don't test. WTF? even more alarming is that anyone that they can get onto a ventilator for any reason at all is also labeled C19 as it gets them a guaranteed $30K kick-down from
                      uncle Fed. lovely! no wonder our numbers are a mess and it's no surprise to see our tax money being wasted as usual. argh!

it's hard to remain positive in a land of stupidity but I'll do my best. in more fun news we've been baking cookies, taking some Christmas pics in silly PJ's and basically doing what we can to have some semblance
                      of happy holiday time.

Treegirl, feeling for you and sending much strength.

PPQ, that's some impressively challenging weather...yikes. any skiing plans?

Lav, I've never made pizzelles but love how cute they are. fairly easy? but then yes I'll have to hide them from myself also LOL.

Mick, great pics and looking good there despite the weather.

Sam, sleep is a hard one for me too... good job.

finally made it back to the gym yesterday after 2 weeks of miring in worry and running around in circles. sigh... trying to stay organized
                      is my priority as I tend to get all upset and attempt 10 projects at once which isn't good.

work is still slow due to the time of year but I do have one shoot today thankfully which I should pack for I suppose.

that's the latest from crazy-land.... I'll try not the disappear for too long this time

be well loves!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then? hope all is good with yall.Just found out that the campsite that we booked will be open from the 22nd to the 28th..so we will be getting away irrespective of wht tier these idiots leave us in .We will be going in the van and meeting up with no one going to no shops nothing ...taking all our kit with us.so just got to get the peskies in their hotel .

Det glad to see you mate!!!!!!!well done on staying sober and sane ..

hiya Lav...hows you then? have you got a mud pond like mine? seen this ?

Bury woman switches TV sets for new sourdough business | Bury Times

hiya ppqp how are you too?hope all is well ...big shout to teegee Pauly n everyone else

Microsoft have released a festive advent calendar this Christmas.

No chocolates just a load of fcking updates every time you open your windows.

Remember the old days when we used to eat cake after someone blew all over it?

Man, we were wild...

Since COVID-19 track and trace came in, I've had 20 new names and 20 new numbers.

Scientists have proven that anything can sound impressive if you say scientists have proven it.

True Story of Two Wisconsin Duck Hunters
                        Heard on a Wisconsin Radio Station

A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 with monthly payments of $560.00.

He and a friend go duck hunting in upper Wisconsin . It's mid-winter.............and of course all of the lakes are frozen.

These two guys go out on the ice with their GUNS, a DOG, and of course the new NAVIGATOR. They decide they want to make a natural looking open water area for the ducks to focus on, something for the decoys to float on.

Now..................making a hole in the ice large enough to invite a passing duck, is going to take a little more power than the average drill auger can produce. So........................out of the back of the new Navigator comes a stick of dynamite with a short 40 second-fuse.

Our two Rocket Scientists...........afraid they might slip on the ice while trying to run away after lighting the fuse (and becoming toast, along with the Navigator), decide on the following course of action:

- they light the 40 second fuse; then, with a mighty thrust,
                        - they throw the stick of dynamite as far away as possible.

Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I mentioned the NAVIGATOR, the GUNS, and the DOG...?

Let's talk about the dog:

A highly trained Black Lab used for RETRIEVING; especially things thrown by the owner. You guessed it......................The dog takes off across the ice at a high rate of speed and grabs the stick of dynamite, with the burning 40-second fuse........... Just as it hits the ice.

The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in their necks swelling to resemble stalks of rhubarb, scream and holler at the dog to stop.

The dog, now apparently cheered on by his master, keeps coming. One hunter panics, grabs the shotgun and shoots the dog. The shotgun is loaded with #8 bird shot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab.

The dog stops for a moment, slightly confused, then continues on. Another shot, and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really confused and of course terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone insane!!!!!!

The dog takes off to find cover, UNDER the brand new Navigator.

The men continue to scream as they run. The red hot exhaust pipe on the truck touches the dog's rear end...................he yelps, drops the dynamite under the truck and takes off after his master.

Then KA BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake, leaving the two idiots standing there with 'I can't believe this just happened' looks on their faces.

The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal use Of explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy. And he still had yet to make The first of those $560.00 a month payments.

The dog is okay....doing fine.

And to think you thought all Rednecks lived in the South.......

Brochure circulated by a 5-Star Chinese Hotel

Getting There:
                        Our representative will make you wait at the airport. The bus to the hotel runs along the lake shore. Soon you will feel pleasure in passing water. You will know that you are getting near the hotel, because you will go round the bend. The manager will await you in the entrance hall. He always tries to have intercourse with all new guests.

The hotel:
                        This is a family hotel, so children are very welcome. We of course are always pleased to accept adultery. Highly skilled nurses are available in the evenings to put down your children. Guests are invited to conjugate in the bar and expose themselves to others. But please note that ladies are not allowed to have babies in the bar. We organize social games, so no guest is ever left alone to play with them self.

The Restaurant:
                        Our menus have been carefully chosen to be ordinary and unexciting. At dinner, our quartet will circulate from table to table, and fiddle with you.

Your Room:
                        Every room has excellent facilities for your private parts. In winter, every room is on heat. Each room has a balcony offering views of outstanding obscenity. You will not be disturbed by traffic noise, since the road between the hotel and the lake is used only by pederasts.

Bed
                        Your bed has been made in accordance with local tradition. If you have any other ideas please ring for the chambermaid. Please take advantage of her. She will be very pleased to squash your shirts, blouses and underwear. If asked, she will also squeeze your trousers.

Squaw with her Doctor - Groaner

A young Native American woman went to a doctor for her first ever physical exam. after checking all of her vitals and running the usual tests, the doctor said, "Well, Running Doe, you are in fine health. I could find no problems. I did notice one abnormality, however".

"Oh, what is that, Doctor"?

"Well, you have no nipples".

"None of the people in my tribe have nipples", she replied.

"That is amazing", said the doctor. "I'd like to write this up for The American Journal of Medicine if you don't mind"?

She said, "OK. no problem".

"First of all" asked the doctor, "how many people are in your tribe"?

She answered, "Approximately 500".

"And what is the name of your tribe", asked the doctor?

Running Doe replied, "We're called........

"The Indian Nippleless Five Hundred"!!!
                        Last edited by Mick; December 15, 2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Mae all - Mick, thanks for those laughs, much needed! So glad to hear that you will be able to do your van camping... I keep dreaming of my camper... some day. So sorry that wretched shingles is intent on hanging around - take care.

Lav, so sorry about the trouble sleeping... my pup always has to get up once or twice a night, so I've kissed a good night's sleep goodbye for the time being... Thise pizelles sound so yummy - I would def have to hide them from myself! We had a beautiful snow yesterday - just wet enough to stick to the trees, which was so pretty. I had to go out in it, but it wasn't terrible. So, we are getting another storm? Hmmmm, I had better tune into the weather channel... hoping you stay warm and dry!

Det, thanks so much for writing, it is great to know how you are doing, and what your plans are... we were in Utah for a trip a few years back, and loved the beauty of it... so glad you have made plans that will work for you. congrats on staying strong through all this!

PPQ, yes, you must know exactly what I'm talking about, re: tracking kids. We should probably all be that vigilant. Are you in the deep freeze? We have a sunny day here, but the wind has kicked up and it's brutal... enjoying a hot coffee now that I am done with errands...

Sam, congrats on the sleep! I have always admired farmers or those who absolutely MUST get up and take care of animals... that's a special skill. I am remembering that my great-grandfather would always give the animals an extra portion of hay on Christmas... it sounded so sweet...

Pauly, how is the household? I always love the turtle pics... and your flashback pics... all fun.

Well, I finally am making some sense out of this place... getting the various "bags" (my organizing regime) put away and figuring out where the contents can be stowed for the next 3.5 months. Work for the festival is very very intense right now, and I am not always up for that, but must keep up with the team... hopefully I can knock some work out yet this afternoon... I did errands, mail, dropped off gifts first today. Sheesh the stores are wild?! But they are taking temps before you go in, so I guess that's a help.

Good luck everyone with the weather and all other challenges...

To the light!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...please do post a snow pic tomorrow and I'll post a green grass pic. LOL Mild temps for the rest of the week now. Your pizzelles look great, you are so talented. Are you keeping Stella house bound today?

Det...thanks for posting, knew you were probably busy but WOW! I don't have kids in school and can't imagine what it's like at home for those that do. Sounds like the whole family in agreement to the N Utah move, well done. Interesting to hear about the C19 declarations from the medical field, no wonder the numbers are so high. Sounds like you're doing ok keeping positive and dealing with the lows without drinking. Hats off to you.

Mick...:yay: for the campsite opening and sod the tier idiots. How much safer could you be. I'll pass on the Microsoft Advent Calendar thank you very much.

TG...I love it when the trees are covered in hoar frost, makes a beautiful picture. Not fun to drive under when they start melting. No deep freeze at the moment but winter doesn't officially start till Monday. Our wind is supposed to pick up this afternoon but in the form of a chinook. Just remember to breath getting ready for the festival.

Shout out to Pi, Sam and Pauly.

Had a productive work from home morning ending with a phone meeting with the boss. Other than asking me to follow up on some things for him, not much going on. Decided I need something to have in the house to much on so went out and picked up fruit, veg's, meat, cheese, shrimp and bread. Going to make up a chicouteri board for me and the boys. Have a good day all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Cold out, already below freezing, ugh. Snow is supposed to start tomorrow around noonish. I have gotten countless winter storm warnings on my phone today, haha!!
                              Found a roasted turkey breast in the freezer & turned it into a pot of turkey noodle soup, yum. That should keep us fed for a few days. That & cookies of course

Det, glad you stopped in today. We do get worried when someone goes missing.
                              Your move plans sound great, I hope you find happiness in northern Utah
                              I have to say I have. Talked to several docs (friends) about Coronavirus & they definitely are not inflating numbers here. There’s no need to when you walk into the local hospitals & see all the Covid patients filling the beds. 2400 Americans die every single day in this country .

Mick, yep lots of mud here but we threw a bale of straw in the chicken yard today so the chickens could get outside.
                              Good news about your van trip, I’m happy for you.

Cyn, you got snow when we got rain yesterday. Tomorrow the snow machine will be cranking out lots of snow.
                              The pizzelles are easy to make & not too sweet. I’ve been making them since high school so I think I’ve gotten the technique down, haha! Keep yourself warm & dry too & don’t work too much :hug:

PQ, will you feel sorry for me tomorrow when we’re snowed in? Probably not, haha! The Stella was one happy bunch of girls to get out & play today.
                              Keep that work from home gig low key, OK?

Hello to Sam & Pie!

Time to go catch up on a few things. Wishing everyone a good night!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X