20 dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 dec

just thought I would start the thread ..hope everyone is doing ok .well last nights news was a kick in the teeth ...we cant go away for xmas ..nothing ..oh well just another shit sandwich I guess!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 20 dec

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for starting the thread. Thought of you when I heard the Tier 4 announcement this morning and was hoping it wouldn't affect you. Apparently it does. Sorry your plans got kyboshed. Same thing happening over here with lots of people upset with the provincial government not doing enough early enough and now cancelling our Christmas. Everyone needs to take a deep breath.

Winter storm warning in effect with the snow hitting tomorrow. Will get out to pick up a few things before that happens and then hibernate. Waves to everyone else, will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread, Mick... oh dear, I was hoping the closings wouldn't affect you, so very sorry!!!

PPQ, good luck stocking up - hope the snow will be manageable...

Will stop back later today... have been communicating with family and friends, and now it's off to work... must produce a ton of stuff before evening. Thank goodness I cooked lots of food yesterday... I'll be grabbing healthy food out of the fridge to keep myself going...

Cheers, love and light to all -

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

My grandson has gone home so I guess I’ll be restocking the fridge tomorrow, haha!
        We discovered a way to cut off his laptop use by disabling internet access. He was confused but accepted it anyway, haha. I can’t believe the hours these kids spend glued to dumb shit on YouTube, etc.

Mick, I’m sorry you have to stay home. It was all over the news today about London being locked down & everyone trying to get on a train to get out before midnight. It looked like a zoo fest!
        I’m just counting on things being ‘normal’ this time next year. It seems easier to deal with this stuff when you know there is an ending in sight.

PQ, so now you’re getting snow. I just heard it’s heading up to 60 degrees on Christmas eve with rain & possible thunderstorms, haha. Just seems ridiculous but it is still 2020.

Cyn, you’re on a busy streak, hope you stay well. I can live on leftovers especially soup, yum.

Pauly, Det, Sam, Pie hello to all of you.

Have a good night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

As we speak I am at dentist again ..I'm going to move in here I think.one of the implants isnt right pressing on the nerve of the previous tooth.hope all well?
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings everyone, wherever you are

Mick, so sorry about your tooth geez
            I hope you got some relief & can relax now, get some rest! :hug:

Busy today, restocking the fridge & now tonight I’m making two pierogie fillings. Tomorrow I’ll make the dough & get them filled. I’m making what I like this year & everything is dairy free so I can eat in peace, haha. If anyone doesn’t like it - tough!!! Haha!
            I need to organize gifts & get them wrapped too. I always leave that to the last, not my fav job.
            I hope everyone is OK & can stop in to say hello. I may check in later myself.

Take care all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...OMG not the dentist again! When you said you got kicked in the teeth I didn't take it literally. Hope it got sorted and you've got some relief. Boy, you'll be glad to see 2020 in the rearview mirror.

Lav...good for you, I think you deserve to satisfy yourself this year. I always left the gift wrapping till the end and you could tell how tired I was my the condition of the wrapped present. LOL It got progressively colder today and the snow has started. I'll post a pic tomorrow and see how it compares to yours.

Thinking of the rest of the gang and sending positive thoughts. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - sorry to be away... work has been oppressively difficult, doing all sorts of things which I don't know how to do, not my best trick at the moment... but this too shall pass...

Mick, so terribly sorry for the tooth problem, dear me, you have been through it! I hope you and Julie can figure out some sort of "staycation" to give yourself relief from the sadness of not getting away... Hawaiian netting on the walls and a seafood feast? I dunno... seems like 2020 is really forcing us all to get creative.

Lav, so glad you will be able to eat everything that you make -it's about time! The pierogies sound delish. Good luck with wrapping those presents...

PPQ, we'll be waiting for the storm report... and good luck with your packages as well... stay safe...

Hello to all - busy Pauly and Det, Sam hope the weather is holding for you - Pi, nest wishes - and to all else. Nice that the Solstice is giving use more and more light each day... first three minutes, then 7 minutes... this is a very good thing...

Be well all -

Comment

MAE ALL...

As predicted Calgary's turn for the snow. So far 1.5ft I have no idea where the BBQ cover is. Going to put the kettle on, be back in a bit....:smile:PPQP

20201222_073244.jpg
                  Last edited by porqoui; December 22, 2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

hi all how are we today then? hope all is well.... from the plague ridden lands of Britain!!started painting the kitchen today,Ive got fence panels ordered for beginning of January..Ive already done the conservatory. This lot is supposed to last me!!!Listening to my records today ..they for me make a much better sound than CDs ..Already got a fair few ...Bowie Genesis ,Neil Diamond ,Kenny Rodgers Pink Floyd Diana Ross Stylistics ..Mike Oldfield ,and a good few more .

Hiya ppqp ...hows you ? hope all is well snow..funny having all that snow around you..yep teeth arent so sore today ...dentist explained it all ..I got a Christmas card from the dentist ...what does that tell you?

hiya tee gee ..how are you ? hope you are good ....yes it hasnt been too good a year for me but some people have had it worse and moaned less..you are an inspiration ..it was funny how you mentioned netting on the wall.....this is the bathroom ....

20201222_171938.jpg

you take care ....

Lav ...if anyone doesnt like it ..tough ...stop hedging it ...say whatever youve got to say!!!I tried sourdough bread today ...nice .you take care

hello everyone else ...lets have you on the Christmas bus ....

The salesman said, "This sofa will seat five people without any problems."

"Fck that," I thought, "where am I supposed to find five people without any problems."

Well there you have it, Trump is officially barking fcking mad. He reckons Covid was invented to unseat him.

So it wasn't my twelve hundred votes for Biden after all. Damn!

Well there you have it, Trump is officially barking fucking mad. He reckons Covid was invented to unseat him.

So it wasn't my twelve hundred votes for Biden after all. Damn!

Just saw on the news they are making an announcement on Brussels.

Great going to have a sprout shortage now

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house,
                    Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse,
                    Do you know why? Because none of us were
                    allowed out,
                    Looked out into the street and no Christmas decorations about,
                    Looked out of the window, what did I see?
                    A spread out group of six people, two sets of three,
                    What tier is it today, Tier 4 or Tier 3?
                    A new strain of Covid coming to a town near me,
                    Waiting for santa to slide down my chimney,
                    Cause let's face it i'm all alone & my friends can't celebrate with me,
                    Santa finally came! What did he bring?
                    A sack full of vaccines, some toilet paper and things,
                    He came prepared with extra handwash in his stocking,
                    Because he knew that Boris was keeping us locked in,
                    We sat and we cheered opening presents all night!
                    As we talked and reminisced about this year's
                    cancelled flights,
                    Up on the roof, his red nosed reindeer was seated,
                    Keeping his distance by approximately 2 metres,
                    Soon it became time, for Santa Claus to go,
                    He could only stay til 10pm under new rules on Tier 4,
                    He flew up my chimney I said, "When will you be back?"
                    He replied 'Hopefully in a year's time if some asshole doesn't try to eat a bat!"

Following the closure of the Dover port

My blow up dingy sales have sky rocketed

When I was a child I had many imaginary friends. They were real people, I just imagined they were my friends

In the spirit of Christmas goodwill ...

As we can't export our fish to France because the borders are closed,
                    maybe we should ask them if they wouldn't mind coming over and catching it themselves.

I worry that the forthcoming lettuce shortage is just the tip of the iceberg...

My wife called me stupid earlier.

I replied, 'You're no rocket surgeon yourself.'

I saw an online course entitled, “How to Stop Being Thick and Gullible ”. They must think I’m stupid if they thought I was going to part with £650 upfront. I phoned them up and beat them down to £600.

The Sonora cartel have diversified their core business and have brought their tunnel builders over from Mexico to Kent. They see money to be made connecting the UK 'rules free' to the EU.

Should have the job done mid-January.

Comment

MAE ALL...OMG there must be 3 feet of snow out there. It was all I could do to walk from the house to my brothers car. He dropped off some Xmas gifts.

Lav...did you get the fillings made last night? Boy if I were a baker this would be a good day for it. Apparently we broke all kinds of records. Snow has finished and the system is moving East. It's supposed to be 40F tomorrow but it will take a lot to start melting all this.

TG...I hear you about doing all kinds of things that you don't know how to do, at least mine is all computer related and I don't have to deal with the public. You remember not to over do it.

Mick...painting the kitchen! Listening to your records sounds like a much more relaxing time. Glad your teeth aren't so sore, boy I hope that's the end of it.

Shout out to Pi, Sam, Pauly and Det. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Evening greetings everyone

FORCED myself to get the wrapping done today, such as it is, haha! Lately I’ve been missing having a teen or two around the house to help with certain chores like wrapping. In a few years I’ll be able to borrow my granddaughter for the job, I pay well.
                        Never got to filling the pierogie today but I am in the midst of baking 2 chocolate babkas & boy do they smell good - chocolate & cinnamon, yum. Tomorrow shall be pierogie day. I think my daughter & granddaughter may be making a short visit too.

PQ, nice snow! Hope you don’t get ice on top like we did. We had a good bit of melting today & Thursday’s big rain should take care of the rest!
                        Hope you weren’t planning on using the BBQ any time soon , LOL

Cyn, I sure hope you’re planning some non-working days this week. Everyone needs some therapeutic downtime, right? Take good care :hug:

Mick, when I get tired I pretty much lose my filter & the thoughts & words just come flying out, haha! It’s true though, if people don’t like what I’m making they sure don’t have to eat it haha!!
                        I know you’ll fill your time with useful jobs around the house & garden. You can start dreaming about your camping adventures next spring/summer I hope!

Hellos going to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Stay well everyone.

OK, time to get back to bread making. Have a nice night all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Det...saw this and thought of you.

det.jpg

The Wave is a sandstone rock formation located in Arizona, United States, near its northern border with Utah. The formation is situated on the slopes of the Coyote Buttes in the Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness of the Colorado Plateau.
                          More information: Great Photography Spots in Vermillion Cliffs National Monument - Beauty of Planet Earth - Beauty of Planet Earth

Comment

And good afternoon everybody how are we today then question mark hope everyone is well l well it is an absolute horror out there today day it is blowing a hoolie and the rain is almost horizontal. I opened the rabbit's up earlier on and they sort of went are you having a laugh. More cabinet meetings today day as it looks like we are all going to tier 4 lockdown which means you can turn around three times and your front room within every hour or sit down every 10 minutes but that's about it already panic buying in place over here this time it's eggs. I reckon somebody's put about there is going to be a shortage of eggs because of the transport etc but yep Tesco's are only allowing people to buy 3 packs of eggs now. Been working on the conservatory almost finished it did we have a lot to do so I thought I'd do that the same time as I'm doing the kitchen I've done a couple of sections of the kitchen, however I've now got to wait for or renovating wax which should be here tomorrow but then I'm going to leave it till after Christmas to finish. Julie is bringing her dad up here for Christmas day for some week that way we know he is safe and we're not travelling to any other relatives

Hiya lav how are you then today? Hope all is well well Julie got a cracking idea for wrapping presents up don't know where she got them from but they are bags that are all patterned and decorated you put the present inside the bag pull the ties at the top and they tie into a ribbon job done. Yes that's plenty of jobs for me to do

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then? My friend sent me a picture of Calgary in the snow his car is absolutely covered in it. Yes got quite a few records now it's really good listening to them all plus I like the sound of vinyl as opposed to CDs a similar vein to I like reading books as opposed to Kindle you take care stay safe and watch yourself in this weather

download.jpg

Hello everyone else hope you're all doing well well whatever you're doing wherever you are going stay safe look after yourselves and by looking after yourself you will also look after others take care god bless

Not to worry folks

The panic buying will soon be over, as another new mutant strain of covid has been discovered.
                            This new more deadly version has a mortality rate of 100%.
                            The good news is, it only affects people with less intelligence than a fcking potato.
                            Scientists predict 75% of the UK and 90% of the USA's population will be wiped out within weeks.

BBC: Schools to remain closed until end of January.

Some people never learn.

Utterly disgusted with the the pictures of a mask~less Nicola Sturgeon plastered all over the news,left me sickened to my stomach,. Also she was breaking covid rules.

Romania and Albania are two of the countries who have banned travel from the UK.
                            The silly beggars.

Top money-saving tip for Christmas, . Supermarket carrier bags can also be used as gift wrapping

"Sussex Police officer 'overwhelmed by work', hearing told"

Sounds like he needs a rest. Or maybe not?

My favourite animals are moles but my nickname the molester isn't working out.

The very first case of Corona virus has been found In a research centre in
                            Antarctica, oh well that's 10 days
                            ice-olation for him then.

A Tyrannosaurus Rex has been found living off meat and potatoe pies in the Bahamas.

It must be one of those Pie Rex Of The Carribean
                            Last edited by Mick; December 23, 2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...good for you getting the wrapping done. I'm sure the babka's smelled a lot better than finishing the perogies. LOL Did you get the perogies done today? Did you get some help from your g/daughter? Was that the last chore before Christmas day? Ok, I'll quit with the questions.

Mick...with that weather report it's just as well you can't go anywhere. What part of the city does your friend live in? Snowfall was between 1/2ft to 3ft in the city and more just outside of the city. Did pop out to the store today, it was a challenge to drive on the single lane plowed streets on the feeder roads in the residential areas. At least those got plowed. There's no way I could have turned off a main road without getting stuck. Everyone was out shoveling the plowed snow away from their cars to get out.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. No plans to go anywhere now till after Christmas day. Hope everyone has a good evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X