27th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27th December

hi all how are we then? hope all is good with you ..well this is it ..nearly the end of 2020 ,cant really say Im sad to be shuttling the door on this one ..as you get older ,the years get more precious ,but this is one I don't really want a repeat of .weather over here hasnt a clue what it wants ro do ..it snowed earlier ,then rained ,and now snow forecast again .Just been up in the loft giving the trains a run .wouldnt say it was cold up there, but the snowplough got stuck...take care all stay safe sensible and sober xx
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 27th December

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for starting the thread, you beat me to it. Our weather knows what it wants to do...snow. So much for a skiff of snow yesterday, it started and didn't stop. Good thing is it's the light fluffy stuff instead of the heavy wet snow we got earlier. I'll be glad to see the end of 2020 as well. I have a feeling that we're going to be under some type of restrictions well into March and that will make it a full year. Holy crap!

Today will see me taking down the tree, not even going to wait till New Years. Shout out to the rest of the gang and I'll check in later to see how everyone's doing...:smilt:PPQP (I wonder if smilt is a word. LOL)
    Last edited by porqoui; December 27, 2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Cold here but dry, nothing falling from the sky which is oK with me.
      Spent a lot of the day thinking about what I want to do & ended doing mostly nothing, haha!! I seem to be missing motivation, Oh well.

Mick, as long as you & the bunnies are warm & dry it doesn’t matter what the weather does, right?
      Is your loft insulated? Sometimes they get very cold up there. I am so ready for this year to be over & for many reasons. I sure hope we can get some ‘normal’ back in the coming months, I really don’t like wishing time away like I have this year.

PQ, keep your head above all that snow, geez! Glad you’re on a break & don’t have to do any traveling.
      Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could lay low & emerge virus free at the end of March? That would be a true blessing.

Hello to Cyn, pauly, Det, Sam & Pie. I hope everyone is OK & taking good care :hug:

Have a good night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,

Sounds like we are all stuck in "neutral". Well, I was yesterday anyway... today it was clear and crisp and I managed a real walk... the first one in nearly a month of living here.

Next weekend is a big business thing for my hubs' orchestra that I am doing some work for ... sheesh, just what I needed, pressure to get a public internet event all figured out. But, oh well, here we go. I just shut down my computer... I figured hours of work on a Sunday was enough...

Lav, you are probably still tired from the holidays just last! Mick, I love that you have that getaway up in the attic... like time travel... it must be somewhat soothing... sorry it's chilly though. PPQ, wow, that's a lot of snow... so glad that this wave is the light fluffy kind, and ditto Lav... glad you don't have to get out and drive in it!

Lav, you mention Daily Om a lot ... are they classes? Have you taken one? There is one that you posted that interests me... I'm going to check it out... just wondered if you have personal experience...

I love that the light seems to be picking up speed in terms of length... stronger each day. And by the way Mick, thanks for that beautiful moon that you sent across the pond... I stood and looked at it for a long time after it rose...

Cheers to Pauly, Det, Sam, Pi and all others... be safe...

Comment

Ahoy, ho ho ho and top O the morning ABeroooos!

everyone seems to be holding up ok despite the weirdness of this 2020 holiday season.
          PPQ, I'll be heading to a more snowy clime soon but I'm thinking nowhere near your levels.

Christmas day was good fun in our holiday PJ's with norty cookies and all. We're also taking the ornaments down now
          since we're also smack in the middle of downsizing etc to prep for our big move to Utah. work is scary slow currently but
          that's no surprise for this time of year. Just not handy for the extra expenses of a move. oh well...we're pressing on and doing
          pretty well keeping our chins up.

santa got me an apple watch which I must say appeals greatly to my nerdy/geeky self quite nicely and was a huge surprise... still
          learning how to use it and figure out a good sleep app. Thankfully my sleep is getting better and I'm waking up early again like I used to.

Lav, motivation is super rough especially this year. arg!

Mick, any metal detecting adventures upcoming?

time to post more furniture for sale...

shouts to Tree, Sam, Pauly, anyone else lurking?

be well loves!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all how are we then? good I hope ..Amy has just left ,nice to see her .we have hit the last of the turkey ..ok quick brew

Det nice to see ya mate ...how are you doing? norty cookies?space cakes???when do you move to Utah?Is that a big Amish place or am I getting mixed up? No detecting atm cos of the covid rules .

Tee gee hows you then? you will be ok doing the orchestra organisation

Sent you the moonlight from over this way ,
            Hopefully turns your night into day .
            the light it shines will never cease,
            I hope it brings you happiness and peace .

hiya ppqp ..hows you then? Is the tree down yet?so what kinda snow have you got ? the white stuff or the stuff that gets you wet?tep think we will be under restriction till then too .take care too.

hiya Lav hows you then?hope all is well ..Who said rabbits were stoopid? Bonnie tried to gnaw through the wooden side gate ..So I meshed it up ...she has found that if she stands on hind legs she can chew above the mesh .Was up in the loft earlier ,cleaning the tracks

Scientists have discovered that the piece of 'Great Pyramid' found in Scotland was actually just a discarded deep-fried Toblerone.

First rule of 2021 , don't buy a calendar.

I put my new dirt bike in the garage.

It's been over a week now and it hasn't cleaned a thing.

Some bstard has stollen my Christmas cake

These Rag and Bone Men should be sued under the Trades Descriptions Act. I gave them the remains of our Christmas turkey wrapped in an old tea-towel, and they called me all sorts of names! Ungrateful bstards...

"That's it!" she stormed, "I can't compete with you and your 80's rock music. I'm leaving you. I've met someone new."

"No! Who is it?!" I shouted.

"He's called Tommy and he's not in the least bit obsessed with Bon Jovi!"

"Tommy?" I said, "He used to work on the docks."

I'm starting my own digital currency. It's based on the idea of a distributed cockup where people solve confusing puzzles endlessly in order to sustain the idea that they are living in a free country.

Brexitcoin.

132971373_10164230898140478_5323130611593775123_o.jpg

133794846_4003513126326956_6870462369908805846_o.jpg
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I hope you didn't think too hard yesterday LOL...liked the outcome though. I've lost my motivation as well. Still a lot of snow around, too much to melt with any of the chinooks that have come through. I think we're in for the long haul now. Here's hoping everyone plays by the rules and March will be the beginning of a great spring.

TG...neutral it is. I keep telling myself to get out and walk and as the restrictions continue I might just actually accomplish that. LOL I'm sure the work you're doing for your hub's orchestra is much appreciated, you got this girl. We were really spoiled this year with no snow in Sep/Oct/Nov...knew this was coming. LOL

Det...thanks for popping in, I know it's tough with everything going on. I'm relieved to know that you weren't trying to get it all done before Christmas, that would have been really stressful. I'm glad you had a good PJ holiday, now the work begins eh? Nice score on the apple watch, right up your alley. Keep us posted.

Mick..we hit the last of the turkey yesterday and I'm not sorry to see it go. LOL Yup tree down and things sorted again. We've still got about 2ft of snow every where that's not plowed. The additional snow was the white not wet stuff which was nice. It's hard enough walking around out there. I think you need to get a space heater in the loft, mind you you're usually not home this time of year.

Been a quiet day and now I'm trying to convince the boys they need to supply dinner tonight as I've been doing all the cooking lately. Wonder if I'll win. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all,

I hear there’s some cold air moving in from the west but no precipitation until NY eve which will be rain. Hope the drunks stay home & off the roads.
                Got out to the grocery store & drug store today, nothing much else happening here.

Cyn, glad you got out for a bit! That big beautiful moon is probably the reason I woke up every hour on the hour last night, haha. There’s no way to escape it for me.
                I signed up for the Daily OM emails years ago & have taken several of their classes, all have been good too. They have classes on a variety of topics, just look thru their website.
                Do you have access to an IT person to help you with the online events? That sure would be helpful & take a lot of stress off your shoulders.

Det, good to see you & I figured you were busy getting ready for your move.
                The Apple watch sounds like a perfect gift for you, enjoy

Mick, glad you got to see Amy.
                Sounds like bonnie is not to be defeated, haha!! Animals can be so weird sometimes.
                Only 23 days until we are rid of the orange menace in the White House. This has been an incredible 4 years, worse than anyone could have imagined.

Hello to PQ, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.
                Have a nice night all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Thanks for all the news... good luck, Det! Moving is stressful, but worth it in the end. Lav, I started a Daily Om class (like put in about 20 minutes) yesterday. No time today, but hope to do more tomorrow - Good luck with the moon tonight. Mick, I just love Bonnie's thinking... it keeps you on your toes! Glad you got to see Amy. PPQ, sorry about the snow being here now for the long run... but you are right, it IS The end of December. Pauly, how was your Christmas? Everything OK at your house? Sam, hope all is well... wishing good sleep to all who visit...

Falling asleep myself as I write this... good night!

Comment

And hello everyone how are we today then? hope everyone is well. Woke up to 4 inches of snow today quite difficult to drive it has started to melt but I think it's going to freeze which will be a nightmare especially living on a hill. In addition to that we have been painting Julie is doing the front room and I'm doing the kitchen. Just in the kitchen a little bit of time because it's taking two coats and then needs to be waxed to seal the paint in on the doors and worktop carcase

Hello tree girl how are you today then? Hope all is well. Bonny keeps me on my toes ....in fact they both do 1 wants to dig out all the time the other let's just bite through it and see where we end up up. You take good care of yoursel

Hiya lav and how are you today then? hope all is well with you and thank you for the snow
                    22 days and a breakfast till trump the turnip leaves I'm sure the people of America are going to be devastated take care

Hiya ppqp well did you get dinner made for you? It's the least they can do.. tree down cards in the bin Turkey gone.... Christmas? What Christmas !!jobs done and dusted I didn't sleep well at all last night so I'm definitely having an early night tonight I feel shattered
                    right folks just a quick one from me hope everyone's will take care and look after yourself
                    Last edited by Mick; December 29, 2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...not much happening around here either, just staying out of the snow. Hope you're having another quiet day today.

TG...hope you had a good sleep last night. Quite cold this morning, wasn't expecting that. Even with some mild days ahead I don't think it will make a dent in the snow.

Mick...that was quite a bit of snow you got. Looking at the pic you could have been in Calgary. Yes, you be careful on that hill. You two are really on a roll, haha, get it? Yup, dinner was delivered so didn't have to cook yesterday. Hope you're able to get a better sleep tonight.

Had a quick case of the "shoulds" today but was able to ignore it. LOL Staying in and staying quiet. Hope the rest of the gang is good. Have a restful night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Chilly but nothing falling from the sky.
                        Not too much going on here, I think I will begin packing away Christmas tomorrow. Getting tired of shooing the cat away from the tree anyway haha!

Cyn, hope you’re getting enough rest & staying warm :hug:
                        Our long time friend who was in with Covid pneumonia & ended up having a bowel resection done a few days ago has been discharged already. He’s got a lot to deal with but probably safer to heal at home at this point.

Mick, I want to see your snowman pics
                        We’re looking forward to a rainy new year, just as well I guess. Good job getting your Christmas put away!!

Hello to PQ, hope you are doing well.

Hello to Det, Pauly & Sam.

Have a nice night everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Well, I think,the moon is having its way with some of us... I really did not sleep well last night. Between the dog needing to go potty every 3 hours, and all the energy in the sky... whew.

Worked until 8 pm, then shut the computer down. I will be so glad when all this stuff is over, sheesh.

Mick, be careful,of that ice! And you wax the finish after you paint? That"/ a new one.

Lav, oh the kitty is fascinated with the tree? That's one thing this year for me... no tree got put up, no tre to take down.

PPQ, you sound contented, very good!

It's nice and sunny and chilly today-- we even had a bit of snow, which was very festive - not as much as you did though, Mick!

Wishing Det and Sam and all happy days...

I went out to see the full moon - wow! And then I took a pic, thinking it would look tiny as usual, but it almost looks time a star... curious... must be a very strong moon... I will have to research it..?

Enjoy the growing light, all!

Comment

And Pauly too! How are you doing, girl?

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn everything is ok here, thanks for asking yep the moon was super bright last night! It was shining into my bedroom like an overhead light, I'm pissed off cuz Vegas is going practically full force with NYE celebrations, wtf are they thinking???? We'll never be out of this covid mess at this rate, very depressing, hope everyone has a great BF Wednesday! Love you all!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X