3rd of Jan 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd of Jan 2021

hiya everyone ..how are we today then? hope everyone is safe and doing ok.Ive been doing the kitchen since about 7this morning ,so time to have a bit of a stop.(15.15).Sunny and cold out there ..even the rabbits said no thanks to playing out..

take care all...and stay safe
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 3rd of Jan 2021

MAE ALL...

Sam...you must have been a really good boy, good score on the new guitar. Glad you have a pod group that you can get together with.

Mick...sorry for not posting yesterday but an impromptu bridge game presented itself and I couldn't say no. By the time we finished I was too tired to post. Been a while since I've played bridge so that was a nice surprise. Did you get the pipe covering redone? Glad you're pacing yourself, don't over do it.

Lav...glad you didn't get the freezing rain yesterday. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow, even if it is from home for now. We are having exceptionally nice weather right now and actually went out for a long walk this morning.

TG...I'm going to have to start paying attention to meetings again with work starting again tomorrow. It's unnerving when you realize you forgot about a meeting, you don't get off to a great start. Sorry it was such a long one, I've been there. Hope this will all wind up soon for you.

Shout out to Pi, Det and Pauly.

Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Cold, damp & dark today - good day to stay inside. We did make a trip to the grocery store for a few things & also came home with lottery tickets, haha! Both Powerball & Mega Millions have jackpots over $432 million!!! I’ll let you know if we win anything, Lol

Mick, glad to hear you had sunshine today even if it was too cold to play
      I’m sure you needed a nap after all that work anyway.

PQ, having a work routine does keep you on schedule. Being completely retired now I sometimes wonder what I should be doing haha. I always find a way to entertain myself & do try to help others. But it’s not the same if you know what i mean. Temp is a little above freezing here so we’re just getting plain old rain & mud of course.

Cyn, I imagine you’re going to be working 2nd shift hours since you are working with folks 2-3 hours behind us. Maybe you can adjust your schedule to match their time so it’s easier for you. I know you’ll figure it out :hug:

Hello to Det, Sam, Pauly & Pie.

Wishing everyone a nice night while I keep my fingers crossed for the drawings Tuesday & Wednesday

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Heya ABeroooos!

what a nice, relaxing weekend. putzed around boxing up some things, made it to a nice cafe for yummy snacks and cappucino,
        visited a cool 'psychic' bookshop that has lovely ornaments etc. made some incredibly garlicky black bean hummus...yummo.

managing to get our things downsized as we go without any major emotional anxiety type problems, though it's still quite a lot to digest.
        The moving truck comes on the 25th. eeeek!

Sam, new strings, so cool! I've been window-shopping for a keyboard/synth online but will wait til we're settled to get one.

connection with the wee one are actually improving so very well... it really feels like a happy family unit now more than the messy tenuouos feelings
        that I've been enduring patently. ahhhh.... good progress and I'm so grateful.

glad to see everyones doing ok!

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings all!

Good to see you Det & I’m happy to hear your plans are moving along. Nice to have the teen acceptance too. Maybe she’s just as excited for a fresh start as you are, never know

Half sunny here today which was nice. Trying to get myself back in work mode, I do have requests starting to come in. Hope to be a bit more productive tomorrow, haha!
          Saying hello to Mick, PQ, Cyn, Pauly & Sam, hope you are all doing well.

Have a nice night everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - same story as the last posts... nothing seems to change, though I may be even more tired and cranky. At least have an appt tomorrow to try to get some of the financial things straightened out.

My brother called late tonight to tell me that he and my SIL have Covid. Got it on Xmas eve by going out to lunch. Thank goodness their doc is on top of it all. Got them tested right away. And goth them the monoclonal antibody drip. Sending prayers and crossing fingers
            , they are both in the higher risk category... deep breaths.

Everybody please be careful out there. I will try to get some rest and be more human soon!

Glad to hear all are ticking along... sending light...

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn hope your family members get through it quickly ((hugs)) Det, glad to hear the relationship with the teen is better, it took me awhile to realize my dad wasn't going anywhere and I eventually took to him after awhile of acting like a little asshole, think it's just a girl and that age thing Mick, are you in full lockdown? I seen on the news that they locked places like London down super strict this go round, Lav, glad you're keeping busy with orders coming in, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi all just a quick pop in ..hope everyone is doing ok today ...Im still busy doing jobs hence the quick jump in ..Yes Pauly we are in full lock down allegedly for the next 7 weeks yet the roads are as busy as ever !!Julie working from home from tomorrow .
                ppqp happy birthday to you .treegirl ,saying my prayers for your family ..people dont realise how serious this is!!!they want to get a fkn grip as do the politicians ...ok we have the virus but to my mind we chunnered on ..wait till we get the vaccine light at the end of the tunnel etc ,but the resources arent being given to the giving the vaccine .anyone qualified to give injections /take blood should be involved retired doctors ,nurses, military medical staff,prison healthcare staff ,private nursing ,

stay safe everyone .......
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Dark, chilly & damp here, yuck. Doesn’t exactly do much for one’s general outlook. The weather folks are promising sun tomorrow, I sure hope so.

Mick, I certainly can give injections but I’m not sure my immune system is firing 100% so I don’t want the exposure to hundreds of people. I feel bad that I can’t help but then again our state is having much difficulty getting the vaccine distributed, slow like turtles I hope you & Julie stay safe!

Pauly, are you still delivering groceries & cutting hair or am I dreaming?

Cyn, sorry to hear about your brother & SIL. Guess they didn’t get the memo.......
                  Don’t let yourself get rundown friend, we need to be our own bets keepers :hug:

PQ, wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY :balloons:
                  Hope your day was easy!

Hellol to Det, Sam & Pie (wherever you are).

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is ok and staying safe never mind idiots out there let's look after ourselves. Very cold over here again snowing last night and then turned to Frost. I would happily have been away in the van in this. Still working on the kitchen and also just today put a desk together and also a chair air for Julie's office she starts working from home as from tomorrow so our spare room is now her office I've even made a sign for her door just to piss her off hehe

Hiya det lovely to see you mate glad things are on the change with the little one it does happen things will get better anyway wishing you all the very best my friend take care and look after yourself

Hiya pauly how are you today then ? hope everything is ok. Yes Amy was exactly same a real pain but to be honest now she's a little star and not so little at 5-foot 11 . you take care and look after yourself and yours

Hiya ppqp and how is the birthday girl ok it's from yesterday but never mind let's push it a bit full stop any Bridge games coming up? Get your gambling hat on! Take care and look after yourself

Hiya lav how are you today then ? hope everything is going well with you you. Yes I feel a bit better today thanks same over here very very slow in dishing Out The Vaccines you take care and look after yourself

Hello treacle how are you? How is your brother and his wife hope they are managing ok busy busy busy over here but I like it like that . you take care have a happy peaceful day

Brick forks that's it take care of yourself stay safe sober and sane

A couple of my friends have just been jailed for importing rare tropical birds.
                    Pair of budgie smugglers
                    Last edited by Mick; January 6, 2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Hello friends,

Such a happy & sad day in the US!
                      The good citizens of Georgia elected two Democratic senators effectively pushing Moscow Mitch out of his leadership role in the senate.
                      Then, this afternoon insurrectionists stormed the Capitol building while Congress was in session certifying election results. This has never happened before, not even during the Civil War!!!!
                      WTF is going on, has everyone lost their damn minds?
                      I felt better when we talked to our son to find out he was at home on his ‘weekend’ off. They don’t supply the Fire/EMS with riot gear you know. My stomach was in knots for a while. His old firehouse was the closest to the Capitol building too.

Mick, good chatting with you, thanks!

Hello to the rest of the group. I need to go calm myself down, I can feel my B/P rising. Take care all :hug:

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

After a virtual meeting with the boss/prog coord yesterday I got wrapped up in trying to solve some program changes and when I'm on a role time just gets away from me. And then got wrapped up watching the shit show that happened at the White House today. OMG!
                        Another early morning meeting tomorrow so will read back on how everyone's doing after that.
                        Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I didn't realize Any is 5"11! Awesome, nice of you to make Julie's office official and cozy Lav and PQ I couldn't take my eyes off the screen yesterday! I was supposed to be taking an afternoon nap and I just couldn't quit watching the shitstorm, DT should be held accountable for egging on a riot and then that pathetic video he put out to them to go home while kissing his own ass, wow. Cyn, how's the patients doing? I really hope ok, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we then ..firstly for all you folk over there ....stay safe .both from the crap that is going on and the covid .Yesterday over there just tarnished American beliefs ...how can such an egotistical megalomaniac could o that to the once greatest nation in the world ..Fortunately I know a lot of Americans ,and know what they are like ...but for a lot of folk Trump and his cohort represent America..werent too many masks on show when that happened
                            Im busy making tea ..Ive been doing the kitchen ...almost finished ...will be done Saturday I hope

stay safe all..

"Hello? Is this the police? It's Nancy Pelosi speaking. Yes. Listen, we just had a quick meeting under a sofa and we decided not to get rid of the police after all. So would you mind... preferably rather quickly...".

Donald Trump is BANNED from Twitter for up to a day over a message about 'great patriots'.

500 Twitter employees get the day off.

I signed up to a website to learn how to write English confidently.

I must admit, they weren't the easiest two words.

First trip booked for Jan 2021, going to Iceland.

Fingers crossed if that goes well looking at Tesco in Feb and Asda in March.

Capitol Hill riots ... Glasgow City Police flown over to show them how to really deal with stuff.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly....yup, I couldn't quit watching either. Deep down I knew the vote would be passed but never dreamed that shit show would erupt. I'm glad all his social media accounts have been shut down. Enough is enough.

Mick...bet you'll be glad when the kitchen is finally finished. Or maybe not, then you'll have to find something else to do. It's a gorgeous day here so went for a walk after yet another meeting with the boss this morning. We're all waiting for a 4pm announcement to see if the current restrictions get lifted, very doubtful. Regardless the boss is still open to everyone who can to continue to work from home. Works for me.

I don't remember if I thanked everyone for the birthday wishes so just in case, thank you. I think I've got all the government forms filled out submitted now that I'm officially a senior. At least I'll be able to get some price breaks if we ever open up again. LOL Meeting over I'm into clean up and declutter mode. For some reason I have lots of energy today, been a long time since that's been the case. Shout out to the gang and will check back in to see how everyone is doing.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X