10 Jan ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 Jan ..

just back been out for a walk, pouring with rain soaked but hey who cares it was good .hope everyone ok .off for a shower

Never get into a fight with a toothless man.

They've got nothing to lose.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as declared Donald Trump the 'worst president ever'

So speaks Hollywood's 'best ever actor'

The republican elephant is packing Trump's trunk, and they're saying goodbye to his circus.
    So off the brat goes with a stompity stomp.
    Trump, Trump, Trump

What do I have in common with the President of the United States?
    We both don't have a twitter account.

John the Chicken Farmer
    John was in the fertilized egg business.

He had several hundred young layers (hens), called ‘pullets,' and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs.

He kept records, and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced.

This took a lot of time, so he bought some tiny bells and attached them to his roosters.

Each bell had a different tone, so he could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing.

Now, he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report by just listening to the bells.

John's favourite rooster, old Butch, was a very fine specimen, but this morning he noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all!

When he went to investigate, he saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.

To John's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring.

He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one.

John was so proud of old Butch, he entered him in the Renfrew County Fair and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the "No Bell Piece Prize," but they also awarded him the "Pullet Surprise" as well.

Clearly old Butch was a Democrat in the making. Who else but a Democrat could figure out how to win two of the most coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the unsuspecting populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention.

10 Men Only Housekeeping Rules
    It is time to clean out the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.

Keep it clean enough for healthy, dirty enough for happy.

Never make fried chicken in the nude.

Do not engage in unarmed combat with a dust bunny big enough to choke the vacuum cleaner.

You make the beds, you do the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again.

If guys were suppose to hang clothes up, door knobs would be bigger.

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere.

When writing your name in the dust on the table, omit the date.

The guest had heard the strains of classical music but when he entered the drawing room he was amazed to see a large tomcat playing the piano.

"And there is no sheet music," he noted with further astonishment.

"No," said the proud owner. "Thomas writes and memorizes his own music and the piece he is playing now is one of my favourites."

"You should have him orchestrated," said the guest.

Thomas the tomcat leapt out of the window and has never been seen since.

How to get out of a mental hospital
    A patient in a mental hospital was being reviewed for possible release.

When asked what he would do if released, he replied, "I am going to make a slingshot and come back here and break every damn window in the place." Obviously, his release was denied.

Six months later, the board was again considering his release and again asked him the same question. His reply was the same. "I am going to make a sling shot and come back here and break every damn window in the place". Again, he was turned down.

Several months later he was complaining to a fellow patient that he could never seem to get released. The patient asked him what he said when they interviewed him, and he told him. The patient said, "You will never get released with answers like that. You have to tell them what they want to hear. Let me give you some advice on how to answer them when they ask you questions."

So, after considerable coaching, the man felt that he was ready.

So when the board met again, they again asked him what he would do if they let him out. But this time he was ready.

He said, "I am going to get a job, find an apartment and settle down."

"Good," they said, and then what?"

He said, "I want to meet a nice girl and start dating."

They agreed he was making real progress and asked, "And then what"?

"One night when we are alone in my apartment, I am going to make passionate love to my girlfriend. I am going to take her dress off, and then take her bra off and lie her down on the bed."

"Yes?, they said excitedly.

"Then I am going to gently remove her panties," he continued.

The board members were really getting excited now and asked, "Then what are you going to do?"

He said, "I am going to take the elastic out of those panties, make myself a slingshot, come back here and break every damn window in this place!!!

18 Funny eBay Feedbacks

NEUTRAL: Excellent communication, but should've poked holes in box before shipping the kitten. Refunded.

NEGATIVE: Honda R-Type sticker did not add horsepower as advertised.

NEGATIVE: Despite indication in listing, I could not fit item into any of my body cavities.

NEUTRAL: Item shipped promptly and in good condition, but I should not have to bid on birthday presents from my parents.

POSITIVE: I don't really remember what I ordered. But I've been sitting in the box it came in all day, and it's great!

POSITIVE: Excellent Buyer. A++++++. Thrilled by the quartz movement of the "Rolex". HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

NEGATIVE: Should have been clearer that seller only accepts payment in Bahts via Eastern Union Moneygram.

POSITIVE: Plain brown packaging seemed to fool my wife. Thanks!

NEGATIVE: The dog won't hunt.

NEGATIVE: Very nice monkey mascot costume, but it's a size 34, not a 63 as advertised.

NEGATIVE: Lederhosen not as pink as the picture led me to believe.

POSITIVE: A+++++. Items are exactly as described. Best case of kalashnikovs I've ever bought. Allah Akbar!

NEGATIVE: This is clearly the ninth, NOT THE SIXTH, repackaging of Mad Super Special #24.

POSITIVE: One of the scents mixed in with the packing peanuts remind me of a passionate weekend in Rio... was that you?

POSITIVE: The way you wrote my zip-code makes me weak in the knees. Such smooth strokes. A+!

NEGATIVE: Buying this Space 1999 Lunchbox did not fill the void in my empty life for as long as I'd hoped.

POSITIVE: Thanks for great Rainbow Brite lunchbox. Should shrunken head be inside?

NEGATIVE: Though you did nothing wrong, I am giving you this negative feedback to teach you that the universe is arbitrary and unfair
    Last edited by Mick; January 10, 2021, 12:08 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 10 Jan ..

afternoon folks,
    Mick thanks for the start off and chuckles, lord knows we need some.
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Greetings all,

‘Thous shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator’ - I think i’m safe. :hahaha:
      Mick, sounds like you had a good day!!

Sam, hello to you & I hope you are well.

Spent more time out in the sun & fresh air today so now I feel more human. I helped get the chicken yard covered (mostly) & they seemed happy with the results, much more relaxed. If anyone wants a little target practice we have a slew of chicken eating hawks around here. I’ll pay your fines if you get caught
      I hear there’s no rain until maybe Friday night, that’s cool.

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Pauly, Det & Pie. Check in when you can kids

Have a nice night everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - thanks for the startup, Mick. Your rambles sounds good... hope the hot shower thawed you put...

Lav, looks like snow for us late next week... those hawks like easy pickings... glad you have given them a run for the money.

Sam, it is really good to laugh, right? Stay well.

PPQ, sending good thoughts and wishes. Pauly, hope all,is well. Det, good luck!

Hello to all - hang in there...

Comment

morning all,
          a chilly one to start. Been in a kind of shock due to !/6. Not surprised but quite saddened. Anyone who didn't see this coming hasn't been paying attention to the last 4 years. There seems to be so much anger and I'm not sure why, other than propaganda.

any way, working with my old business partner today. We've been working some together. Been fun. Right now I'm pretty far behind in jobs. And winter time is the time to get these mountain jobs out of the way!

Hope everyone is well.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today hope everyone is doing well I am doing this on my phone at the moment as no doubt you will be able to tell , I am in the loft sorting out my trains guess what I dropped one of them... Hopefully I can repair it so that's my next job. I just cleaned all the tracks they were absolutely covered in muck. Just found out from Amy her boyfriend is positive for the virus....she is neg at the momentl apparently he's pretty poorly but not at hospital stage yet fingers crossed it doesn't reach that 1. I will fill it up some more later on but just thought I'd say hello. Stay safe everybody in this crazy crazy world

If Donald Trump is impeached, does that mean he will no longer be orange?

"Hello librarian, have you got any books on---"

"Telepathy?"

"Yes."

A book just fell on my head.
            I’ve only got myshelf to blame.

I found myself drowning in an ocean made out of orange soda yesterday.
            It took me a while to work out it was just a Fanta sea.

I walked into a bar the other night and bought a drink. As I was leaving the bar, a bowl of nuts said "Ohh..nice shoes...love your hair". "Well", I thought, "that's odd!" So I walked to the cigarette machine and it starts shouting..."Oi...f@#k off you dickhead! I'll smash your face in!"

I went back to the bar to ask the bar tender what was going on and he said "Oh, sorry sir.... the nuts are complimentary and the cigarette machine's out of order."

My wife has packed her bags and gone - just because of my fetish with touching pasta.
            I'm feeling cannelloni right now.

I shot someone with a starting gun. I've been charged with race crimes.

Q: "Can you do an impression of a Parrot?" asked my mate.
            A: "Can you do an impression of a Parrot?" I replied.

I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.

I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.

When chemists die, they barium.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.

I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.

They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.

PMS jokes aren't funny — period.

We're going on a class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz.

I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?

I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.

What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.

In a small southern town there was a "Nativity Scene" that showed great skill and talent had gone into creating it. One small feature bothered me. The three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Totally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I left and, at a "7-11" on the edge of town, I asked the lady behind the counter about the helmets.

She exploded into a rage, yelling at me, "You damn Yankees never do read yor Bibles"!

I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall anything about firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and ruffled thru some pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a passage. Sticking it in my face, she said, "Here you go - it says, "The Three Wise Men came from afar"!!!

A man walks into a doctor's office and says, "Doc, I got a problem. My stomach is killing me"!

"The doctor says, "Well, let's start with your diet. What kind of food do you eat"?

Man says, "I eat snooker balls." "Snooker Balls?" the Doc asks "What do you mean you eat snooker balls"?

The man replies, "I eat the red ones for breakfast. I eat the white and black ones for lunch. I eat the blue and yellow ones for dinner".

The doctor ponders this and nods his head saying, "Mmm-hmm, yes, I see. Well I think I know what your problem is".

The man says, "Really"?

"Yep" says the doctor, "Not enough greens"!
            Last edited by Mick; January 11, 2021, 05:39 PM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Top of the Monday ABeroooos!

Mick, I hope the train crash wasn't too bad.

a fine weekend of boxing/organizing etc which is coming along pretty well. got folks coming over to buy furniture
              again today so it's hard to make plans but that's just all in the fun of moving.
              work is mighty slow but considering all of this it's just as well.

anyhoo, just a quick 'heyo' and back to the excitement

be well loves!
              Last edited by Determinator; January 11, 2021, 12:12 PM.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...walking in the rain, I believe there's a song about that. So you've caused your own train wreck. Is that a make work project thing? Hope you can fix it. Sorry to hear Amy's boyfriend has tested positive and that he's doing poorly. How is Amy doing? Did she get the test too? You and your family are in my thoughts.

Sam...we're still experiencing warm weather here but apparently that's going to change. Reality time. It's nice that you've been able to hook up with your business partner and get some of your backlog finished. Hope the weather holds up for you.

TG...hope you're able to have some down time this week.

Lav...getting outside does make you feel better doesn't it. I was in a bit of a funk yesterday and ended up not doing much. First thing this morning I headed out for a walk to start the day off right. Trying to work through the changes the boss wants to childcare registration, just waiting on responses. I'm glad the chickens seem calmer with the canopies you put up. Wish I could pop down for some target practice. LOL

Det...it must be really challenging to pack up and prepare to move with all the covid restrictions in place. Sounds like you're handling it well, good job.

There appears to be a response to my latest email so I guess it's time to get back to work. Shout out to the rest of the gang, have a good day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers near & far

Decent sunny day here, mid 40’s. I can’t believe it’s snowing in Texas & Louisiana, what’s up with that?
                  No predators issues today, thank the universe. I can only take so much of that sh*t, haha!

Cyn, I imagine we will get snow again at some point, the question is when?
                  Hope your day was lass hectic than usual

Sam, hope you get caught up with your mountain jobs before the snow arrives!!! Glad you get to spend some time with your friend.

Det, moving is so crazy but it sounds like you have things under control. Good for you & good luck!!

Mick, I’ve had a few moments in my life where i felt like a tran wreck myself, Lol. Hope you can get it fixed easy enough.
                  Covid is getting into every nook & cranny, sorry to hear about Amy’s BF. I heard this weekend that my niece & her husband both have it & they have 3 little kids in the house. I can’t wait until we are clear of this menace.

PQ, yep, I try to spend at least a few minutes outside every day or I just don’t feel right. Kind of like the chickens when they’re cooped up I guess.
                  I hope your work week goes well.

Pauly, what’s up with you?

Well, I should go do something useful, maybe not, haha!
                  Have a good night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening, all...

I am doing my best to be proactive, work ahead of the curve I know is coming. That at least is giving me a tiny sense of control over my life, which honestly I had just completely lost... no wonder I was despondent and cranky. Better today, feel more like my own boss.

Mick, yikes, so sorry about Am and her boyfriend... crossing fingers and toes that she escapes it. Thanks for the jokes again... my fav is the nuts and the cigarette machine. (Which reminds me that I haven't seen one of these for a long time!)

Pauly, what's doin'? Sam sounds like you have plenty of work for the winter... might be a good thing.

PPQ, maybe it's OK to be working a little? It's all about balance, right?

Lav, glad the canopies are working out. I've decided that I am going to make some kind of circular path in the backyard here (large) to be my walking meditation... my body doesn't do well with asphalt, and the streets are aren't overly charming... but I heard that a circular walk is healing. It look's like snow here for the end of the week...

(old-timers, remember that I used to be fascinated by Labyrinths? Hoping to get that vibe into my outside time...)

Det, you keep going! Sounds like you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...

Stay strong! Be well!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick sorry to hear that Amy's boyfriend tested positive I can't believe how we all escaped the first round and now it's infecting more people it seems, hope Amy don't get it, Lav, nothing much with me been in asada mood with the state of things, REALLY trying to reach to positive side but I'm struggling (not drink struggling, mood struggling) and I'm pissed cuz I got a jury summons, why would they bother with that shit right now? Just put it off for a few months I think, Cyn, tell us about Labrynths? I've only heard of that in passing, PQ, you sound like me, kinda sad hope I'm just reading you wrong, Det, just throw everything in big black garbage bags and go! That's how we used to do it on our many, many moves haha,Kell sent me a video of a news clip about these Trumpos trying to start a civil war,no wonder my mood sucks,never knew there was such a division and why anyone would risk their lives and freedom over that guy is beyond me,I don't get it. Much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF day for us all,truly love you all
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Not an asada mood a sad one but carne asada sounds better hahaha!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we then?ok I hope ..just come back from a 6.5 mile walk ..a nice hilly climb ..Julie wasnt too impressed but .A sunny day here ,sunny but chilly ....couldnt find the rabbits earlier ...I had them secured in the back garden and couldnt get out ...really??..let me show you this then .... Amys boyfriend sleeping a lot atm .A couple of the big supermarkets have now said ..no mask no entry ...obviously medically exempt and evidenced will be allowed ..

hiya Pauly ..nice to see you ...hope all is ok with you ..I know you have got as much junk going on over there as we have here..reduce your outlook to those things you can do something about ..take care of you and yours ...

hiya teegee hows you then? all ok? A circle for meditational walking ?when I first joined the prison service ,when prisoners went out on the exercise yard ,there were 2 circles an inner and outer ..One lot of prisoners walked clockwise on one circle, the others ,anticlockwise on he other one ..they weren't allowed to talk ..it was for walking and reflection

hiya Lav ,how are you then? hope all is well with you ,fixed most of the damage on the train thankfully..yep I know that cooped up feeling!!!wish I had a bike and was Prime Minister

right folks short n sweet ,but take care

20210112_125112.jpg

20210112_124912.jpg

20210112_124932.jpg
                          Last edited by Mick; January 12, 2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Our internet provider has been down since 1am just back up now. Bet there are a lot of unhappy campers out there. I almost went into work but not feeling at my best today so stayed home. Eyes are a bit sore, stuffed up nose and a headache trying to bloom. Don't know where that came from as I haven't been anywhere. I blame it on the boys. LOL

TG...I think a walking circle is a great idea. I've started walking the complex I live in. Just a little bit at a time, increasing the distance slowly. I'm finding my breathing hasn't been great lately. Could be because my smoking has increased during the latest restrictions.

Pauly...yup my moods have been on the down side lately. Nothing serious just frustration over the continuing crap we're all in.

Mick...with the pics does that mean you found the peskies? I would think twice about wanting to be Prime Minister. LOL Glad you were able to fix the train.

Lav...glad you had no predator visits yesterday. Monday was a busy work day for me, today not so much. LOL I figure it's too late to get involved with anything now. There's talk of a polar vortex heading south but it might veer off to the east before it hits us. I don't mind the cold weather I just don't want another dump of snow. It's almost time for Ground Hog day isn't it?

Waves to Pi, Det and Sam. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends!

It was a decent day here, mostly sunny at least but cold.
                              Better than snow, haha!!

Cyn, I apologize for missing the salon Sunday night. Turns out I was busy dealing with a local bully who’s political views are vastly different from mine. I have a small TV in the kitchen where I watch news shows so no one else gets offended unless he walks in & starts mouthing off
                              Anyone who knows me knows all I want is peace in the world & peace in my home!!!! After nearly 48 years of marriage, how can he not know that? No wonder my mood has been bouncing all over the past few weeks, geez.
                              I love the idea of a meditation circle, a peaceful spot all all your own!! I often walk around our little meadow with the dog, nice short walk & a chance to see what’s blooming in there for the pollinators.

Pauly, this political unrest is bad enough but I have a kid working in DC & I’m worrying about his safety too. I think it’s time to arm the fire department so they fend for themselves. I never thought I would have to worry about these things. It’s no wonder we’re all feeling a little off kilter. I am trying to focus on staying healthy & avoiding as much BS as possible.

Mick, it’s 10 pm....do you know where your rabbits are?? Haha, that was a commercial on TV years ago urging parents to keep an eye on their kids to keep them away from drugs. Glad your bunnies are safe
                              Anyone who has any virus is lucky if they can sleep it off provided they awake to get enough fluids in to stay hydrated. I hope Amy’s BF gets better soon. Our stores all have ‘no mask no entry’ signs, a good idea although you do see the occasional a$$hole without a mask.

PQ, sure hope you’re not getting sick!
                              We have. To get you off the smokes if you feel your breathing is getting harder. Have you tried any of the nicotine replacement products? That’s how we quit here, they work.
                              It was only 19 degrees this morning but it warmed up to 40 something, 50 predicted for Thursday!! The chickens had another peaceful day but I hope they don’t let their guard down & stay alert.

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie who really needs to check in soon!

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X