Super Sober Sunday 17th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Sunday 17th February

First things first...........a big thank you to [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION] for doing the thread the last few weeks. You are a dear friend

I'd like to see a big SUPER SOBER SUNDAY SHOUTY OUTY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again or those just starting out for the very first time.........don't forget to shout LOUD AND PROUD..

Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!

By using the time and date app........ you'll know whether you've aroundy number or not a roundy number..Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates

For me its 4213 days from the start date to the end date, end date included or
    Or 11 years, 6 months, 11 days including the end date.

Or 11 years, 6 months, 9 days excluding the end date.
    Last edited by JackieClaire; January 17, 2021, 05:43 AM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Sunday 17th February

3932 Days
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - hate to break it to you but it's still January :haha:

2765 days :
      From day 1 to now.

My son is still in the thick of it - but nothing I can do....... we've done it all. Doing any more is enabling him to keep drinking without facing consequences.
      He missed Christmas Day this year. First time ever. A big deal in our family. He spent it alone.
      Something has to give soon because there is only so much time you can live with the chaos that drinking alcohol brings.....

Comment

2604 days or 7 years 1 month and 16 days.

Your on the ball Satz, didnt even click. I typed in the year 132 and had over 689,000 days sober, woo hoo.

I feel for you with your son, my daughter has been on a blitz and when i look at her she reminds me of who i used to be. My son moved out with his drinking buddy. I can only keep showing that being sober is so much better than being a drunk. they were there at xmas, albeit drunk, my daughter turned it on royally. its like hitting your head against a brick wall and that starts to hurt too much.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

So..... 608 days?
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - hate to break it to you but it's still January :haha:
            FFS............osteroops:

It is definitely still January...........just feels like February.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm still chuckling at the mistake lol...anyway...

2196, or 6 years and 4 days of living life with some of the best people I could ever meet...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I didn't even notice the mistake yesterday [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], good thing you did... I sure hope your son finds himself before it's too late, I'm sure he will...
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

910 days

Thankfully my kids are so far ok... I can pinpoint which one has the predisposition though.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    FFS............osteroops:

It is definitely still January...........just feels like February.
                    The Time Warp - YouTube
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                      I didn't even notice the mistake yesterday @satz123, good thing you did... I sure hope your son finds himself before it's too late, I'm sure he will...
                      [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I kinda think it may never happen - there is an open offer from his sister this time to try in-house therapy again but he hasn't taken her up on it.
                      So we all pissed off with it all - round & round.
                      I KNOW if it had been me I'd have taken ANYTHING offered to get sober & live a normal life.... anything.
                      Such a sad waste of a life. He was a talented journalist..... but loses every job he gets.

Comment

A nice round 100 days for Tabbers.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Another sober one from me.....whichever month it is!

Comment

Good job Tabbers!

Comment

Working...
                            X