17th Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17th Jan

hi all how are we today then? all good I hope...been a bit of a non starter day today ,was more of a bleugh day....havent done a lot ..spent quite a lot of the day watching the rabbits playing...Mr Fox was out ,so I sat and read whilst watching them,Dont know why ,but I keep nodding off ,whether its because I haven't done a lot or not I dont know .
    Hope you are all doing well.I planted out some tulips today ,they have been in the greenhouse ,but was waiting till the frosts passed ...

lets get some jokes up .

I got back from the supermarket and handed my wife the can of peas.

"Canapés!" she said.

I love the community spirit shown by taxi firms offering older people a 'free cab for the jab'. I've had 3, so far.

Pro tip: make sure you're rubbing your arm and grimacing, as you leave the massage parlour.

"Priti Patel faces growing pressure over deletion of police records"

Can't say I blame her; "Message In A Bottle" is just awful.

Dear BBC....
    As a total petrolhead and motorsports fanatic, imagine my disappointment as I grabbed a six pack and a bag of Doritos and tuned into Drag Race UK.

The multi-level regional Covid system invented by Boris.

Tiers of a Clown.

Last night, this guy was screaming at me: Stand back, keep your hands where I can see them and don't make any sudden moves!.

I couldn't help thinking that Domino's are taking contact - free delivery a bit too seriously.

"Did Penny give birth yet?"

"Yes, last week - we got quads."

"Different. We received knitted shit and bibs."

My family are all worried about my addiction to dot to dot puzzles.
    It's OK though, I know where to draw the line.

Gents, don't visit the capital of the Philippines if you're poorly. It only makes a Manila.

Donald Trump is planning a military-style sendoff for himself on Inauguration Day.

So he won't be attending, as his bone spurs are playing up again.

During the first lockdown the beer cans started piling up and I was so bored I decided for a hobby I'd cut them open and turn them into a suit of armour.

I've just finished my recreation of the 100 years war.

Top 10 Signs that a Computer is Owned by a Harley Rider:

The monitor & CPU have been repainted orange and black.

System sound effects now play a Harley kicking over when a program starts.

There's an oil stain on the floor just below the computer.

Number key pad only goes up to two.

Password is "WillieG".

The mouse is referred to as "the Rat".

There is a Skoal can mounted in the CD-ROM drive.

Expansion slots have Genuine Harley-Davidson bike parts installed in them.

The keyboard is mounted at the level of the user's chin and his seat tilts backward -- ape-hanger keyboard!

And the Number 1 sign that a computer is owned by a Harley rider:

A half-naked, big-breasted "Warrior Princess" and her tiger have been airbrushed onto the sides of the monitor!

The Bear, Rabbit and the Golden Frog

Mr. Bear and Mr. Rabbit didn't like each other very much and one day, whilst they were walking through the woods they came across a golden frog. The frog turned to them and said: "Ooh, I don't often meet anyone in these parts." They were amazed that the frog had talked to them.

The golden frog admitted: "Mind you, when I do meet someone I always give them six wishes. You can have three wishes each in this case.

Mr. Bear immediately wished that all the other bears in the forest were females. The frog granted his wish.

Mr. Rabbit, after thinking for a while, wished for a crash helmet. One appeared immediately, and he placed it on his head.

Mr. Bear was amazed at Mr. Rabbit's wish, but carried on with his second wish. He wished that all the bears in the neighboring forests were females as well, and the frog granted his wish.

Mr. Rabbit then wished for a motorcycle. It appeared before him, and he climbed on board and started revving the engine.

Mr. Bear could not believe it and complained that Mr. Rabbit had wasted two wishes that he could have had for himself. Shaking his head, Mr. Bear made his final wish, that all the other bears in the world were females as well, leaving him as the only male bear in the world.

The frog replied that it had been done, and they both turned to Mr. Rabbit for his last wish.

Mr. Rabbit revved the engine, thought for a second, then said: "I wish that Mr. Bear was gay!" and rode off as fast as he could!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 17th Jan

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking this week off for us. Sorry you're feeling a little down today. We seem to be on opposite mood swings as I'm actually feeling a bit energetic and upbeat today, it's been awhile. I know it's tough on you not being active all the time but perhaps your body is telling you it's time to relax and regroup. You've been through quite a bit lately and the recent scare with Jeeves has to have take a toll on you. I hope you have a peaceful evening as my Dad always said "Things will look better in the morning." :hug:

It's a bright sunny day here this morning so am going to take advantage of it and get outside. Hope we all have a good day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all,

47 degrees in the middle of January, crazy! It was windy so it felt colder but still....
      Chicken pot pie on the menu today & a salad. Nothing fancy just filling.

Mick, we all need one of those down days every now & then. It helps balance out the craziness in us I think. You have to learn to actually enjoy them.
      I haven’t seen any fox here lately but we do have weird, creepy things that show up after dark. I find myself stepping outside several times per day to scan the trees for those chicken eating hawks, ugh.

PQ, glad you’re feeling better. Thank the Universe those dark days don’t hang around too long, right? Hope you got some nice outside time today too

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well. I have to tell you I listened to Classical Tahoe while cleaning my kitchen this morning, it was just awesome. I sent the PBS link to my daughter so she can play it for my granddaughter. She is playing flute this year & taking her lessons virtually but loving it anyway!!!

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a good evening everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Maas all -

Lav, that's great news about your granddaughter... glad that you sent that episode... Erik is one of the best flutists in the world... and so humble! Just a sweetie, and his playing is so soulful... hope daughter enjoyed....

Mick, of course you know I understand that kind of a day. I think PPQ is right, good to take some time "off" once in a while... good luck - how is Amy doing?

PPQ, so good to hear you are felling well and energized! Enjoy the sun!

Sending good thoughts to everyone... I have just finished a big job, so am headed to bed. Be well, and notice the growing light!!

Comment

hello all how are we today then? good I hope...interesting day ..it was ok this morning ,but as from tonight we have a heavy rain warning due for the next 2 days ..so.....sat this morning scratching my head with those fence panels ..came up with a plan ..dont know if you have seen them but I have some of those wide salt lick tubs farmers get for sheep .. the 3 upside down ones in the pic.
          .20201213_142325.jpg
          knock the old panels out ..they wont lift out ...then line the 3 buckets in front of where the panel has to go ...lift panel onto the 3 buckets ..you stand on the middle one ..the extra height allows you to lift panel into the concrete post grooves ..I got4 replaced ..2 to do ..before madam caught me ...oops

hiya teegee you ok? hope so ...Amy is doing ok ..tis is her last day of isolation ,then back to work ...She is on induction in this new job.

hiya Lav..you ok? hope so

Hawks and fox ,
          Protect your stocks
          Save your hens ....
          Electrify those pens !!!

so your daughter is a good flautist is she?I can play chopsticks on the piano .... have a good day .

hiya ppqp yep things are better ..we all get these crazy moods hope all is good with you .

hiya everyone else ...

I was struggling with home schooling, so I rung the school and told them my child has been suspended.
          They asked why, I said, "They turned up to the living room late, with trainers or boots on and a pattern shaved in the side of their head and an unusual colour hair, So they’ve been suspended"

My dad died stealing lead off a church roof, I hope he's found peace in the rafter life.

I see that trampoline transport prices are going up by 50% due to Brexit.

Let's hope they bounce back after the spring.

I’m a big car racing fan. Went to watch a new show called 90 Day Drag Queen Wedding.
          Was I ever disappointed.

Right-wing conspiritard nuggets who stormed the Capitol on January 6 have demanded Donald Trump pardons them.

Trump is said to be open to the idea, as long as they can come up with £2 million a head.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...this weather has been incredible. Hold onto your hat though the Alberta Clipper is on it's way. Originally it looked like it might head south just east of us but now it looks like we're all going to get it. It does sound like it will be short lived though. Yes, was able to spend quite a bit of time outside yesterday, just walking but nice. Went out for awhile today but it was a little cooler than yesterday. Still have to take advantage though.

TG...congrats on finishing the big job, hope you had a good night. You're right, I am noticing the growing light.

Mick, Mick, Mick...just no sitting still for you eh? Those salt lick tubs are not all that sturdy, I know, I've stood on them before. I'm surprised you got 4 panels in before Julie caught you. LOL Glad you're feeling better today, my good mood continues as well.

Thinking of Det, Pi, Pauly and Sam...hope all is well with everyone.

Got an email from the boss this morning who is still out of province with his Dad. Sadly they have stopped his Dad's dialysis and it's just a matter of time now. Boss will stay until he passes. I'm glad he's able to be with him during this time. All's good at the office so unless someone calls with an issue I'm staying put. Wishing everyone a peaceful night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all,

Still nice here so I am grateful. Looking ahead it looks like snow possibly next week but I’ll worry about it when it gets here.
              Made a grocery store run today, I like going when it’s not busy.

Cyn, I haven’t heard from my daughter yet but I know they will like that episode. My daughter played clarinet in school & my granddaughter chose the flute. It’s a shame they put the instruments down when they graduate, thinking of all those lessons, haha! I find myself running out a few minutes later each day to close up the chicken house for the night. They take advantage of the extra light & stay out as long as they can.

Mick, I’m sure you would have finished the fencing if you hadn’t been caught, haha!! I hope the new fencing does the trick.
              I would be seriously afraid of electric fencing around the chicken yard. I would be the first one to get zapped I’m sure, Lol

PQ, there’s snow on the extended forecast for Monday & Tuesday next week. I guess it takes that long to get from your house to mine. I hope you don’t get clobbered!!!
              Enjoy the good weather while you can. I guess your boss is a good son to be standing by his Dad like that.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, not good with me, I got a call from my brother Sunday afternoon that my sister had passed in her sleep I'm an emotional wreck, worried about my dad cuz I know he was still coping with losing Jon , it never really goes away anyways, I'll be in on and off, not drinking but sure as hell stress eating! Love you all and have a great BF day(Lav stay safe tomorrow, those weirdos)
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...so sorry to hear your sister passed. :hug: I know how emotional that can be so I'm glad to hear you're not drinking. You know it will just make everything worse. It's ok to just accept all those feelings and go through them. Know that we're all here for you....:heartbeat:PPQP

Comment

oh no!!!!!!I have just lost a long post .pauly so sorry for your loss ...please take care ..Amy got her test back ..she is pos with Covid .......she isnt feeling too great

Comment

Good evening friends,

Pauly, I’m so sorry to hear of your loss :hug:
                      Please know we will all be thinking of you & please feel free to reach out to us. Take good care of yourself.

Mick, sorry to hear Amy is positive too. Such a rough time for everyone & no real end in sight to all this mess.

I’ll be thinking of everyone & am willing to listen if anyone needs to talk.
                      Keeping my fingers crossed for a peaceful day in DC tomorrow. My son will be there of course.

Hello to all & wishing a safe night for everyone.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mick...sorry to hear Amy has tested positive and is not feeling great. This madness has got to stop! Will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes.

Lav...I have my fingers crossed as well for tomorrow and really wish your son didn't have to be there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hoping everyone has a peaceful and safe night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Pauly, sorry about your sister, please take care of yourself.

Mick, hope Amy gets better soon.
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick sorry Amy tested positive! Whatever is out there seems waaaayyy more contagious than the one we were dealing with, Kells boyfriends mom has to go get tested cuz she's sick and Kell was cutting her friends sons hair and they've all tested positive, (not Kell the family of the boy) it's just a mess, Lav, hope your son stays safe, I think if those weirdos were gonna do anything it would have been the days leading up not today (I hope) PQ and Sam thanks for your well wishes, I'm up and down, sad then I'm ok, then sad, just grateful she passed gently and nothing traumatic, much love and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...good to see your post today, I've been thinking of you. Yes, I remember the yo-yo emotions after my sister passed. You've got this.

Lav...well I know I breathed easier after watching the inauguration. I'm glad everything went smoothly, bet you are too.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Will check back later to see how you all are.

Can't concentrate on work anymore as it's looking pretty nice outside. Going to get out for a walk before the cold weather shows up tomorrow....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X