31 jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31 jan

Hello everyone and how are we today then ? hope all is well. Just had an update from the vets Bonnie is doing well, so is jeeves however they are concerned about the blood in his urine. I spoke to a friend of mine this morning as well who keeps Dutch rabbits, she is also the head of one the RSPCA centres.the issue seems to be their diet and the amount of calcium so I have looked at their diet again and what I'm feeding them even down to the length and type of hay they are giving. Tomorrow Jesus will be getting an X-ray, just to make sure he is ok and then wants to come home we will start on a new Diet the only two rabbits in the world with dodgy stomachs and I've got them my friend got in touch this morning has finished the two engines putting the fire boxes and running lamps on them . Sent a picture they look absolutely brilliant so I'll show you once they arrive . hope everyone is doing ok. tomorrow I've got to wait until the rabbits are ready to come home, I have also got to go down to a farm shop and pick up some hay. Not be raining today day but was very cold and frosty this morning. Take care and look after yourselves

The EU want all our spare jabs. And for once I agree, along with uppercuts, right hooks and knockout blows.

You're welcome Europe.

Can't wait till this pandemic's over.First thing I'm going to do is visit my local cinema..
    They're showing the Mask

A government virus expert has just been sacked. Apparently he didn't know his SARS from his Ebola.

I'm addicted to drinking brake fluid.

I just can't seem to stop.

I was lying on the beach reading the ingredients on the sun cream bottle.

I am well red.

My wife was upset when I made her wait in the car for me outside the bank.

Especially after running out wearing a mask and $100,000 in cash.

Do you know what Noah's wife was called?

Joan of Arc.

"You're looking more like your mother every day," I jokingly said to my son... "Anyway, that moustache of yours is really coming on."

Back in 1973, I fell off my bike, twisted my foot and hurt my knee.
    For dinner that same day I had a gammon steak with pineapple and chips. For dessert I had apple pie with custard, followed by a strawberry and banana milkshake.
    I’m telling you all this now because there was no social media in the 1970's.
    Last edited by Mick; January 31, 2021, 11:00 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 31 jan

MAE ALL...

Mick...how in the world did you get Jesus to sit for an xray. LOL Sorry to hear your day yesterday was so frazzled but glad the peskies are doing good. That's a tough call between Trump and Logan, I vote Trump.

Lav...well that purchase didn't last long, I'm sure your son appreciates it. We had a bit of light fluffy snow that one day but it stick, just have the remains of the Dec snow storm. Going to be a nice warm day so I plan on getting outside.

TG...I'm glad the "inside" work helped and that you nipped the downward spirit in the bud. I'm sure all these long work days are taking a toll. We seem to be having the same temps except for today as it's heading up to 41F, yay!

Have a bit of "work" work to do after my walk. Need to fix some things for childcare to open properly tomorrow. Was going to go into the office to do it but think I'll try and do it here instead. That way I don't have to get dressed. Shout out to Pi, Det, Pauly and Sam. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends!

Snow started at 10 am & it’s still coming down haha! They have been upping projected totals & are now saying 20” or more, geez. No ice involved yet, that may be tomorrow though. I’m not going anywhere so it is what it is. The local fire companies have been responding to one accident after another all day. People just refuse to slow the hell down when it snows, duh.

Mick, your poor bunnies & poor you! Glad everything is going to be OK. Our pet’s diets are a big deal. I can only feed my dog one particular dry dog food &supplement with a little people food.
      Hope Amy is OK. Can’t wait to see your refurbished engines

PQ, hope you didn’t have to get dressed today, haha!! Glad you’re having some decent weather. I’ll send this mess on to you if you like!
      That snowblower our son picked up today is probably 30 years old but it works great provided you have a good back.

Cyn, you’re still overworking, sorry. Wish I was closer & could lend you a hand. It’s funny I slept well the night of the full moon too & that never happens.
      Glad you are paying attention to what your heart needs right now :hug:

Hellos going out to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

whew!! heya ABeroooos!

what a bloody whirlwind life has been, my goodness. I think this is day 4 in Orem Utah and we're already really really liking the place. People here
        are so incredibly nice, personable, decent and kind that I'm blown away. Neighborhoods are clean and safe, girly's school is amazing... it's a high school
        but looks like an ivy leage college.

about killed myself in the move between being so insanely stressed-out, sleep-deprived and badly hurt my back which is still dorked but getting better.
        I've been rolling around on a lacrosse ball to grind out the knots as it's about the perfect size/density.

it's just been a mad scramble with utilities and all that jazz...to make matter a bit scary our delivery truck with all our household items is nowwhere to be
        seen and the company has no idea where it is or when it will get here. WTF? on the phone with them again tomorrow...getting tired of sleeping on the floor
        that's for sure. scored a nice smart TV on FB marketplace today and got the wifi going so that does indeed help to finally be back online.

Mick, glad bunnies are going to be ok

Lav, we're getting a little snow here but it looks like you're getting quite a pile...poor chickens!

shouts to PPQ, Tree, Sam, Pauly, anyone else hanging around? sorry I'm so badly out of touch lately.

Found some nearby refuge recovery meetings so will be looking forward to my first one here tomorrow eve.

hoping you've all enjoyed a lovely weekend and now it's time to crawl my exhausted butt into bed. er... the floor.

be well loves!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae all - not sure if what I posted yesterday was in the right place, but will move it over if not.

Lav, we are expecting 10 -20 today as well... stay safe and good luck to the chickens... Don't hurt yourself shoveling the dog potty spot... I am going out and brushing off the car and getting the potty spot leveled every so often... I'd rather do a little at a time... this snow sounds like it will be wet...

Det, you go!!! So happy to hear that you like Orem... but what about the truck? That's crazy! Good luck. And take care...

Mick, sorry about the bunny tums... hope it all works out well.

PPQ, your weather sounds balmy, enjoy!

Pauly, I hope Vegas weather is behaving... sending you sunshine if you can get it.

Hello to all... take care, and find the Light wherever it is...

Comment

hiya all how are we then? all ok I hope .Call from the vet this morning...see if you can read it Ive written it down ..
            20210201_150724.jpg

hope that makes sense..thank goodness Ive got insurance cover ..its going to be a pretty penny ..as long as we get him sorted that is the main thing .
            Cold but dry this morning ,the ground is frozen

hiya teegee ...did you get the snow then?how are things with you then ?hope all is well .take care

yo det ...hows you then matey ? glad things are ok ...except the soreback ...I can relate to that one!!!all sorts of exercises ..leg crossovers knees to chest hugs ..is everything sorted now ...ish?

Lav ..hows the snow then?you surviving then ? yep Im worried about Jeeves ...Ive already planned their diet went and bought a big bale of hay this morning ...approx 9 bux it cost.

20210201_154520.jpg

hiya ppqp ...hows you then? all good?hope so ...general kwestyun ..Im going through this 24 series purty kweek ..anyone know of any similar ?

good news from THE HAT the pubs open next monday yeeee ahhh that is the message my friend who lives in medicine hat sent

will try and put some jokes up after

They say wine improves with age...

But I still hate it and I'm 45.

I find a bit of sick pleasure in holding the door for people that are still far away to force them into an awkward run.

I am amazed at radio DJs today. I am firmly convinced that AM on my radio stands for Absolute Moron. I will not begin to tell you what FM stands for.

The people of Kent may be forced to wear masks outside nothing to do with the new variant there just ugly gits

Detectives investigating the death of a woman in Whitechapel want to speak to anyone who saw a naked man walking in the area.

My guess is it was probably Jack the Stripper.....

Concerned that my son was missing getting an education because of Covid,I spoke to his Headmaster as I was worried about his lack of progress in maths. He replied,
            " Don't worry. 85% of pupils leave school better at maths than 10 years ago,although the other 27% will require improvement."

Apparently there is a nasty new Scottish variant

Scientists named this one McCoranavirus

One dark night outside a small town a fire started inside the local chemical manufacturing plant and in a blink of an eye it exploded into massive flames.

The alarm went out to all the fire brigades from miles around.

When the volunteer fire fighters appeared on the scene, the chemical company GM rushed to the Captain and said, "All of our secret formulas are in the vault in the office near the centre of the plant. They must be saved. I will give $50,000 to the brigade that brings them out intact."

But the roaring flames held the fire fighters off. Soon more fire brigades from towns all around the area had to be called in as the situation became desperate.

As the new crews arrived, the GM shouted out that the offer was now $100,000 to the brigade who could bring out the company's secret files and handed them a plan of the complex showing their location.

From the distance, a lone siren was heard as another appliance came into sight. It was the nearby rural township volunteer brigade composed mainly of old farmers. To everyone's amazement, the little run-down fire truck, operated by a couple of the local cockies, passed all the newer sleek engines parked outside the plant and drove straight into the middle of the inferno!

Outside the other firemen watched as the old timers on the back of the Acco began to fight the fire with a performance and effort never seen before. Within a short time, the farmers had extinguished the fire and with some assistance over the radio from the company GM they also managed to save the secret formulas.

The grateful GM joyfully announced that for such a superhuman feat he was upping the reward to $250,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave, though elderly, fire fighters on the old tanker.

The local TV news reporters rushed in after capturing the event on film asking, "What are you going to do with all that money?"

"Well," said the 70 year old Captain, "the first thing we?re gunna do is fix the bloody brakes on that truck!"

Dilbert Quotes from Company Managers
            A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert Quotes" contest. They were lookingfor people to submit quotes from their real-life Dilbert-type managers.

As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks.
            (This was the winning quote from Fred Dales, Microsoft Corp. in Redmond WA)
            What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter.
            (Lykes Lines Shipping)

E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business.
            (Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)

This project is so important we can't let things that are more important interfere with it. (Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)

Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule.
            (Plant Manager, Delco Corporation)

No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them.
            (R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)

Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say.
            (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)

We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees.
            (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)

A little old lady is walking down the street, dragging two plastic garbage bags with her, one in each hand. There's a hole in one of the bags, and every once in a while a $20 bill comes flying out of it onto the pavement. Noticing this, a policeman stops her.

"Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."

"Damn!" says the little old lady, "I'd better go back and see if I can gather up some of them. Thanks!"

"Well, now, not so fast," says the cop. "Where did you get that money? Did you steal it?"

"Oh, no," says the little old lady. "You see, my yard backs up to the parking lot of the football stadium. Each time there's a game, a lot of fans come and pee in the bushes, right into my flower beds! So, I stand behind the bushes with a big hedge clipper and each time some guy sticks his dick through the bushes, I say; '$20 or off it comes!'"

"Hey not a bad idea!" laughs the cop. "Ok, good luck! By the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Well," says the little old lady, "not all of them pay up."

A guy walked up to a beautiful young woman in a bar. "Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?" he said to her.

"I don't know," replied the beautiful young woman. "It depends on how personal it is."

"OK," the guy said. "How many men have you slept with?"

"I'm not going to tell you that!" the woman exclaimed. "That's my business!"

"Sorry," said the guy, "I didn't realize you made a living out of it."
            Last edited by Mick; February 1, 2021, 03:03 PM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers, Happy Groundhog Day eve!

Yep, snowing still after a day of mostly sleet coming down. Everything is pretty iced over & treacherous walking or driving.
              Apparently our son was off from his regular job today but went to work at his part time job. He reported that he was driving 40. Mph but hit black ice & it put his truck into a spin & he landed in a ditch, He switched the 4X4 on & got the truck back on the road, unharmed except he spilled his coffee. When do parents stop worrying about this stuff?????
              I made my way over to the chicken house twice then told them I’m done for the day, haha. They stayed cooped up today for their own good.

Det, wow you have had one heck of an adventure! Glad you arrived safely & I hope the moving truck gets there real soon too. Take care of that sore back, sounds painful. Last i heard on the news was that we had 7.5” of snow but it’s more by now.

Cyn, we have more ice than snow here I think, just what I don’t like. Be real careful if you have to step out for anything.
              The snow is very wet & heavy, ugh!

Mick, wow you almost need a bunny ICU. I hope they enjoy their new hay when they do get home.
              Guess I’m grateful we still have power with all this icing outside.

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Aarrgg! Just lost my post!

3 virtual meetings today with lots of computer work in between. My eyes are sore and I've got a headache.

Det...what an ordeal. I hope the truck shows up soon. Glad you've got a refuge meeting close by, you get a lot out of those.

Mick...sorry Jeeves isn't doing so good, hope everything gets sorted soon.

TG...are temps went all the way to 50F today and now they're dropping and snow is expected tomorrow. Nothing like what you're getting, saw some of it on the news tonight. You be careful with that heavy wet snow.

Lav...sleet is the worst. I'm glad you told Stella who's boss. You be careful, the last thing you need is a fall.

Shout out to Sam, Pauly & Pi

Sorry this 2nd post is so short but I have to shut the computer down for the night. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Det great to hear you got moved! Lav, omg I'm glad your son was ok, that is scary, it looks awful back there on the news Cyn, I liked your snowstorm snacks haha, Mick, hope all tummies are getting back to normal, McCoronavirus was funny haha, PQ, how are your boys doing? Last night Brady was taking Winslow and Dottie(grandpuppy) for a walk, well Dots got off and took off! Hopefully she ends up at Kells, I'm sad wtf is it with me and dogs? They run off like I'm evil when I treat them so good meh, just hope she don't bite anybody either. Much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF day.
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope all is well. Woke up To about 2 inches of snow this morning, however most of it has already gone with the rain. As we speak Jeeves is having his operation now The vet has just phoned me Me . Jeeves is stable and under anaesthetic . He will not be coming home today Day it's not fair to keep him In a hutch outside especially in this cold after having such an operation .

Hiya pauly Hope things are ok with you today . Hope you find the dog Pretty quickly ! You take care have a great day

Hiya ppqp How are you then? The famous missing post again There will be loads of them floating about the sky Sorry the post is short? You have to shut it down I would have Have thrown it through the window ! You take care and look after yourself don't be going Near the sin bin Haha

Hiya lav Glad your son is ok . I don't think We ever Stop worrying about Our kids The snow is gone here as well Very very slushie Hopefully it won't Freeze over Full stop you take care and look after yourself

Hiya treegirl How are you today then question mark hope all is well Well I'm just sitting doing this post and on the crest of the hill in the back of the house I can see 4 deer Running over it. hope things are ok with you

Right Good people take care look after yourself

141239592_3858842890890505_4302463146300728573_n.jpg

141471065_3858874680887326_2260399933482032641_o.jpg

143276312_3875756432532484_4960605294530267652_o.jpg

143226752_3875687699206024_8508119487023674321_n.jpg
                    Last edited by Mick; February 2, 2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Good evening all!

Still some flurries flying around the the storms have moved out. Just heard we will be repeating this scenario next Sunday & Monday, haha! Lucky us

PQ, sounds like you’re being a bit overworked, not good.
                      When you’re finished with that 50b degrees, please send it here to melt this mess. Hope today went a bit easier for you!

Pauly, I’m sorry to hear Dottie ran off, geez. I hope she’s picked up & returned to you asap.
                      The snow is pretty to look at but heavy as concrete to shovel, oh boy.

Mick, that’s good news about Jeeves. I would want to keep him warm too while he’s healing.
                      My son is a careful driver but black ice will get anyone. That kid is experienced driving all sorts of heavy machines like fire trucks & ambulances. The pickup truck he was driving was too light weight I think. YB told him to fill the back of the truck with this heavy wet snow for better traction. Loved the centipede joke haha!

Det, hope your truck has arrived with your belongings. We had a similar story when we first moved here years ago, haha!

Hello to Cyn, hope you are staying safe & warm :hug:

Hello to Sam & PIe.

Have a good night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, so sorry to hear about Jeeves!!! I hope all has gone well in surgery, and tomorrow he will come home and be a good boy. Take care...
                        Lav, eeek about your son... good idea to put weight in the back. I remember when driving a rear-wheel drive car in MN in the winters, I would put bags of salt in the trunk for a little extra control... you stay off the ice, please! Ours was pretty dry snow, but wetter this AM, and kind of slick. Poor Zander, he's slipping on the snow since his back legs are getting so weak...
                        PPQ, take care, and get some rest!
                        Pauly, sounds like you need a little harness for that escape artist! I hope there is a tag so people know your number and can call?
                        Good luck to Det and Sam and all...
                        Well, about 18 inches by the time I went to bed... I went out before dark and cleared off the car and shoveled the snow away from the car... hoping the plow guy wouldn't block me in again... (and 2 feet of snow on a station wagon is waaay too hard, so I thought I'd do it twice but make it easier.) It was supposed to continue snowing all night, and I guess it did, but the temp must have been higher, as the extra snow only amount to a few more inches. Had to shovel a "poopy path" first thing this morning... "no path, no potty" - that's Zander's motto. Fortunately I had found my ski pants and jacket and good snow boots, so all turned out well and dry.

A little "blue" this evening... going to bed early... ran out of energy to continue working... blessings to all...

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I'm glad your son is ok. I have hit black ice on the highway and ended up doing 3 - 360's, very scary. Done with the 50F temps so sending it your way. Our snow started last night and it's still going. Temps sitting around 12F all day, glad I don't have to go anywhere. We got about 4" of snow, a reprieve tomorrow and then more for Sun/Mon like you. You be careful with all that ice.

Pauly...the boys are hanging in. Cody is taking an online course compliments of the government so I think that's keeping him sane. I know it's keeping me sane. LOL Did Dots end up at Kells? I hope she's found soon.

Mick...how's Jeeves doing this morning? I hope everything went good and he's able to come home. Had another busy day yesterday and just couldn't bring myself to log on again. Have a lot of work on my plate now but no meetings so can just work at my own pace. No worries about hitting the sin bin, wouldn't be able to drive there. LOL

TG...I hope your mood has improved this morning. I hear you about running out of energy! I had about 1/2 hr's work left to do yesterday and just couldn't do it. Did get it done this morning though. Our snow is the heavy/wet variety so will be making the boys dig out my car. It's just too much for me. When we had our light fluffy snow last week I walked out to the car just as the maintenance crew was blowing the snow off the sidewalk so got them to do my car as well. LOL That won't be happening today. You have got way more snow than us so be careful shoveling, you don't need any back issues.

Time to get some food in the belly and start my next work project. Stay safe out there and have a good day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everybody how are we today then? Hope all is well. Unfortunately Jeeves is a bit more ill and we thought he is not coming home today there are chance he may tomorrow they found stuff in his bladder , she is on very strong painkillers at the moment but the bet so I'm eating some here earlier in his words he is looking better so fingers crossed he will be home tomorrow. Got my other engines back today two of them are pretty good the third one has been smashed I suspect it was done in the post. It's 9:25 so I'm going to get something to eat I've not felt hungry all day to be honest won't do me any harm hello to everyone and take care

Comment

Good evening friends,

Mick, keeping my fingers crossed for you & Jeeves :hug:
                              Sorry one of your trains was damaged in the mail. Reminds me of the set of ceramic kitchen canisters I ordered that arrived in pieces. I emailed a picture to the company & they promptly sent a new set.
                              Take care of yourself!

PQ, we only have two hands, right? Don’t try to overwork yourself, stuff can wait a little. We all have so much going on in such a weird time, it’s exhausting.
                              I’m not liking the sound of 12 degrees, geez!! The wind makes it so much worse too!
                              Did you ever get an Instant Pot? Today I browned up a 4 lb pork shoulder that was cut in 4 pieces, added 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth & pressure cooked it for 60 minutes for pulled pork. I made a good not too salty rub which really flavored it nicely. I bet your guys would like pulled pork sandwiches with a dab of BBQ sauce

Cyn, I imagine my son learned a lesson about driving that truck in bad weather. I don’t know why he wasn’t in his car that day, who knows?
                              Trying to keep up with snow & shoveling is a lot of work. I shoveled a path for my chickens today but only 5 or 6 chose to go out. I hope we don’t get more snow this weekend, we really don’t need any more haha! You take care too!!

Hello Pauly, thinking about you.

Hello Det, hope your truck arrived.

Hello Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all. I’m going back to my workshop to get some work done, yay.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X