28th Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28th Feb

how are we all ..? cracking day over here ...been out for a walk ...9.2 miles ..lovely..Julie getting weary towards the end.the rabbits are out ..in their summer residence .
    Teegee ...Im so glad your buddy is still with you....we rely on our pets so much ..as Captain Tom used to say .."tomorrow will be a good day"

hiya Lav ..yep its the butler here ...you ok? how's your weather? It is superb here today ...trouble is people get stir crazy !!

big shout to all you others out there ..

My friend's 4 yr old son has been learning Spanish during lockdown.

He still can't say please though, which I think is poor for four.

BBC News: Indian man killed by his own rooster during cockfight

The coroner has stated the cause of death was fowl play

A couple of women were playing golf one sunny Saturday morning. The first of the twosome teed off and watched in horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men playing the next hole.

The ball hit one of the men, and he immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, fell to the ground and proceeded to roll around in evident agony.

The woman rushed down to the man and immediately began to apologize. "Please allow me to help. I'm a physical therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you'd allow me," she told him earnestly.

"Ummph, oooh, nnooo, I'll be alright. I'll be fine in a few minutes," he replied breathlessly as he remained in the fetal position still clasping his hands together in his groin.

But she persisted, and he finally allowed her to help him. She gently took his hands away and laid them to the side, she loosened his pants, and she put her hands inside. She began to massage him. She then asked him "How does that feel?"

He replied "It feels great, but my thumb still hurts like hell."

If we could shrink the Earth's population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look like this:

There would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Americas (North and South) and 8 Africans.
    51 would be female; 49 would be male.
    70 would be non-white; 30 white.
    70 would be non-Christian; 30 Christian.
    50% of the entire world's wealth would be in the hands of only 6 people and all 6 would be citizens of the United States.
    80 would live in substandard housing.
    70 would be unable to read.
    50 would suffer from malnutrition.
    1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth.
    Only 1 would have a college education.
    No one would own a computer.
    When one considers our world from such an incredibly compressed perspective, the need for both tolerance and understanding becomes glaringly apparent...

Last week, we took some friends out to a new restaurant, and noticed that the waiter who took our order carried a spoon in his shirt pocket. It seemed a little strange. When the busboy brought our water and utensils, I noticed he also had a spoon in his shirt pocket. Then I looked around saw that all the staff had spoons in their pockets. When the waiter came back to serve our soup I asked, "Why the spoon"?

"Well, "he explained, "the restaurant's owners hired Andersen Consulting to revamp all our processes. After several months of analysis, they concluded that the spoon was the most frequently dropped utensil. It represents a drop frequency of approximately 3 spoons per table per hour. If our personnel are better prepared, we can reduce the number of trips back to the kitchen and save 15 man-hours per shift".

As luck would have it, I dropped my spoon and he was able to replace it with his spare. "I'll get another spoon next time I go to the kitchen instead of making an extra trip to get it right now".

I was impressed. I also noticed that there was a string hanging out of the waiter's fly. Looking around, I noticed that all the waiters had the same string hanging from their flies. So before he walked off, I asked the waiter, "Excuse me, but can you tell me why you have that string right there"?

"Oh, certainly"! Then he lowered his voice. "Not everyone is so observant.

That consulting firm I mentioned also found out that we can save time in the restroom. By tying this string to the tip of you know what, we can pull it out without touching it and eliminate the need to wash our hands, shortening the time spent in the restroom by 76.39 percent. I asked "After you get it out, how do you put it back"?

"Well," he whispered, "I don't know about the others, but I use the spoon".

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 28th Feb

Greetings Abbers,

Super soggy Sunday here, rain all day long. Now the mud issue, oh boy.
    Baked up some sourdough donuts instead of discarding the starter which is what you do when it’s time to feed it, haha!

Mick, I would need a wheel chair after one of your ‘walks’, LOL
    Glad you got to enjoy some decent weather today

Cyn, I’m so sorry your pup had such a bad night. Sorry for you as well :hug:
    Glad your friends are happy with their gifts. I think we both like making people happy, right?
    Can’t believe I actually slept last night with the full moon, how did that happen?

Hello to PQ, Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Hope to see everyone checking in soon

Have a good night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Top O the Sunday ABeroooodles near and far!

just back from a wee respite to Bridal Veil Falls which was freaking cold! my hands got so numb I had trouble not
      dropping my camera gear but it's a crazy cool spot. Sadly the sun went hiding for the waterfall pic but it's still interesting
      if you zoom in (and wait a sec for the focus to tighten up) and check out the weird icy bits. The river is a better shot with
      better sun even though I accidentally blew-out part of the sky. I used a 3-stop ND filter so I could slow the shutter to get
      the 'smooth water' effect.

pics! Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

Mick, thanks as always for keeping us weirdos up and running with humor which is badly needed often
      these days. (ok, for quite a while now).

Girly will actually be able to attend the junior prom this year and she's so excited. We went dress shopping yesterday and she
      kept asking my opinion which is so nice, even though I know more about mining asteroids than fashion.... oh, she even got some
      fancy sparkly shoes too. A banner day.

Lav, yeah I think sleep is still an amazing mystery in a world of amazing medical advancements. doing a tad better but then about 2 days ago I'm getting
      congestion when I try to sleep and wake up hacking. I can't win! egad. sourdough donuts sound amazing! keep them far from me

Tree, so glad the arugula pesto worked well. Yes, I do use walnuts sometimes myself. The pecorino or parmesan or asiago cheese addition really
      makes it special.

I made a super fun panko crusted salmon with mango salsa the other day... mmmmoink!

Pauly, Sam good to see you cranking right along

didn't get the big corporate job.. booo! but perhaps it's just as well. I'm so used to being a freelancer now
      I'd probably feel imprisoned there. So my next move is to buy a 360 camera to do virtual tours (the one I was using
      in vegas belongs to my old boss). and go nutso on advertising and networking to start here from scratch. Got a new
      editing software module a couple days ago so I've been furiously working on mastering it and it's pretty darn neato.

so tons to do... need to make some brochures or at least some new biz cards and a bazillion other things.

oh fine... NOW the sun comes out... oh well. it's so pretty here in the mountains I must say.

Arrietty, end of ramble. I hope you are all good, warm and well.

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

food pics!

the salmon I described and... um.... slow-motion spinning cheese. it's a thing!

Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav I burst out laughing when you said you'd need a wheelchair after one of Mick's "walks" haha! True tho Mick that a long one, good for you Det, great pics glad everything is running along ok, hope you get lots of business when you're up and running, Cyn, glad everything turned out ok with your pup, how scary though, hope you got caught up on sleep last night, just seen the clocks change March 14 that's gonna be brutal in the morning for me! PQ, hope everything is ok with you, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then question mark hope everyone is well lol stop very sunny over you today day bright as the first day of spring, however quite cold and blowy. It is very dusty it's like almost as it's there is sand blowing through the air. Start of a new week let's see what that one brings there is already a panic over here with a panic over the Brazilian type virus has entered this country and they cannot treat one of them so much for the systems!

Hiya pauly how are you today then? hope all is well. Yes I enjoyed the walk yesterday so did Julie but she felt it did well though. You take care and look after yourself and yours

Hiya det how are you then? hope all is well there with you that Cam of the cheese is a bit crazy. Sorry you didn't get the corporate job but but I think you are right you are much better as a freelance the right picture right place the right time . you take care my friend

Hiya lav how are you today then? Mud mud glorious mud you slept with a full moon? I love looking at them looking I said not howling! You take care

Hiya ppqp how are you today then question mark hope all is well over there . take care look after yourself

Hiya treegirl how are things with you today then? How is Zander stay positive and take care

Right good people take care and stay safe
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Checking in to let you know I'm ok just had a downer weekend. Ended up doing a lot of reading and there was no drinking.
              Working today so will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all,

PQ, sending you a big virtual hug :hug: & hoping you are OK.

Mick, semi-sunny here today, no rain but getting much colder & very windy. Still looking for a vaccine opportunity but nothing yet.

Pauly, I do love walking but not at those distances, haha. My feet give me a lot of grief these days so those long marches are out for me, haha!!
                I’m looking forward to the time change actually & the longer days

Det, love the spinning cheese, great trick. Saw your water photos on FB, very cool looking! Nature sure gives us a lot of beauty, don’t you think?
                So there’s going to be a prom this year, wow that’s fun

Cyn, hope you are staying warm up north!!

I got the news today that an old high school friend & someone I worked with for a few years died last week of renal & liver failure. I haven’t seen here in 20 years but i knew she was developing a drinking problem & had been to rehab a few times. In the end alcohol won
                This reminds me of what I’ve known for a long time that unless we take care of the depression alcohol is going to win every time. Sad she is gone at age 67, things could have been very different for her.
                This is also a reminder to protect our quits with everything we have, we owe it to ourselves.

Have a good night everyone.
                Lav
                Last edited by Lavande; March 1, 2021, 06:50 PM.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav I'm sorry about your friend I wish alcohol was more widely viewed like the poison that it is instead of advertised as a great time and adding life to get togethers it's all a big fat f*cken lie that needs to go! As bad as any hard drug in my opinion, for the 10 that can drink "responsibly" there's probably 7 outta those that form a problem somewhere down the line, I had one of our mini cat nap nights last night, so frustrating and I'm feeling it this morning PQ, (( hugs)) from me too, hope you round the corner soon, is anything happening? Or is it just everything? You're in my thoughts today Mick, yep that's a long trek but good for you both, Det, loved the pics Cyn, how's Zanders belly? Waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF day, I might take the day and make an appointment with my couch zzzzz
                  Last edited by paulywogg; March 2, 2021, 09:34 AM.
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Well I've definitely turned the corner and am feeling back to my old self. And I mean old. LOL Hit the ground running this morning getting the community garden up and running for the season.

Pauly...thanks for the hug. Nothings happening other than the same old, I just think this hurry up and wait scenario is getting to me. My god it's been a year now. My sleep has been non existent the last two nights, I'll be picking up some Unisom today.

Lav...thanks for the virtual hug, I'm ok. It's been windy here with a chinook so our temps have been sitting around 44F. I believe they call this a False Spring. LOL Sorry to hear about your friend but you're right it is a reminder to protect our quits.

Mick...how could it possibly be dusty there with all the rain you get. I'm feeling pretty good today, now if I can just get my sleep sorted out! They are taking it slow opening up over here and that's just fine by me. Boy, I'll be glad when this is behind us.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

PPQ, so glad to hear that you feel more like your self... I can understand, and great job getting through with reading. The gardens already? Wow. Wishing you well, and sending you and after-the-fact hug...(())

Lav, so sorry about your friend. I agree with Pauly, when you look at how AL is advertised and sold and marketed... to even younger and your people... scary, and cruel. It really is just a toxin, period. More sourdough donuts, yum! Cold cold cold here this AM (12F) and WINDY, but the sun is shining, so I'll give it a Pass.

Pauly, sorry about your sleep... hope the date with the couch worked out well...

Det - haven't looked at the pics yet, but will! Sounds great. And how wonderful,is that - Girlie wants your opinion? Sweet. And sparkly shoes, wow. I think you have the heart of a freelancer... good luck with your plan!

Mick, wow, 9 miles... that was my limit on my Cornwall walk - or maybe it was 10, I just remember going through cow pastures at the end, and having to climb the gates... agony. And we were on the 4 th floor (walk up) of the hotel... I considered skipping dinner. Glad the weather is good, happy for the Peskies in their summer home.

Well, pup is better... I had a very out-of-sorts day after hearing the court docs may take 4 to 6 weeks. And I move in 3 weeks. And I have a car to re-title so I can sell. Really got my pantries in a bunch about it all. But this morning read the Daily Om piece about "going with the flow".,, right on. So a better day today...

Wishing all well - stay safe - those variants of the virus don't sound so good... mask up!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Yep, still chilly here but sunny& dry.

PQ, glad to hear you’ve turned the corner. This has been a hard time & we’ve all done so well dealing with it but it’s getting awfully long. I can’t shake the feeling of ‘wasting time’ waiting for the pandemic to end. I distract myself with working on craft stuff, baking, etc but it just feels fake or something. One solid year of this mess now feels like enough. Opening the community garden sounds nice!

Pauly, hope you were able to catch a mini nap to hold you over until bedtime. Don’t know why I have been able to sleep thru this full moon, unusual for me.
                        Thinking about my friend a lot today & how laid back & happy she was in high school. What a shame she ended up on such a shitty path.

Cyn, wow it was 24 here this morning so you really got the colder air. Glad your pup is feeling better!
                        I’m sorry you are dealing with so much, it can’t be easy. I loved the Daily OM piece on going with the flow. I had to learn that the hard way, boy did I ever!! I wish we could lend you a hand with some of those things holding you up. Hang in there friend :hug:

Mick, how are you today? Methinks you had some good weather??

Det, hope your day was good, I know it was probably very busy

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

And good morning all ...how are we today then? hope all is well. I tried to post early yesterday morning, but unfortunately the internet gods decided otherwise ,in fact I couldn't even use my phone in this area because it's all connected and they were doing upgrades... allegedly on the whole thing. I'm doing it on my phone now so all seems to be well.

It was a lovely day yesterday here . cold but Sunny. this morning it is very foggy... you cannot even see see the fields behind the house.

Good morning ppqp, how are you today then? I'm sorry you had a bit of a downer weekend... it is inevitable especially in the current situation. Glad you chose to read as opposed to drink. I didn't think you would.you have gained strength in that department since we first started on here. This morning I counted the number books I have read since January.. I have read 31 different books and that's not including instruction manuals user manuals and all that sort of stuff. You take care and look after yourself

Good morning treacle see this phone still comes up with Treacle every time! How are you today then? You sound a bit brighter. Yes I guess there will be a lot of things to do legally wise in respect of your situation and I'm sure every time you do it brings back memories so stay strong and be positive thinking of you .

Hiya lav how are you today then? Hope all is well over there with you just seen the weather forecast it has been lovely all week and tonight it's going to rain and there's a surprise. I'm sorry about your friend. We have a very good friend, 1 who Julie and I both worked with. she has got a massive issue with drinking and her health and is a senior manager in the prison service, she is a very good friend of Julie's now Julie has given her my number to try and help her and she is agreed ,but so far nothing back... I can't do the job for her but I can certainly support her and give her some sort strategy..I hate to see life wasted like this. I lost another friend to cancer ..only 63 years old two nights ago. Like you I feel in" Mark time land "just marking time until this pandemic leaves. I'm doing lots of jobs , lots of things but none of it really seems meaningful if that makes sense ..so I completely understand what you are saying.my head does not accept that this may be the new norm I don't look at what Ive done.. I look at what time I have wasted to me precious time
                          Hiya pauly how are you today then ? hope all is well with you? How is the vaccine programme going over your way? I haven't a clue how it works in America. it seems to me completely different from the way it has been set up over here you take care and look after yourself that's the main thing

Right folks that's it from me take care stay safe

Just rang a friend of mine from North Dakota, nea the Canadian border. He said that from very early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and still falling. Temperature dropping way below zero and the bitterly cold northerly wind is increasing to very near gale force.

He reckons his wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare. He says that if it gets any worse he may have to let her in.

Two Buddies Fishing

...but they haven’t caught anything all day. Just then another fisherman walks by with a huge load of fish. They ask him "excuse me, but where did you get all those fish"?

The other fisherman replies, "If you just go down the stream until the water isn't salty, there are a ton of hungry fish".

Both mates thank him and go start to walk further up the stream.

Twenty minutes later, the first fisherman says to his mate "fill the bucket up with water and see if the water is salty".

Second mate dips the bucket in the stream and drinks some and says "Nope. Still salty".

Thirty minutes later the first mate asks his mate to check again.

Second mate says "Nope, still salty".

An hour later first mate asks to check again.

Second mate says "Nope. Still salty".

First mate says "I don't understand this at all, we have been walking for almost two hours, and the water is still salty"!

Second mate says "I know, I can't understand it either and the bucket is almost empty"!

People ask me, "Henry, you've been happily married now for 40 years. What's your secret"?

And I say, "You'll have to speak up, I'm as deaf as a post".

More from The Mouth's of Babes
                          MELANIE (age 5)
                          asked her Granny how old she was. Granny replied she was so old she didn't remember any more. Melanie said, 'If you don't remember you must look in the back of your panties. Mine say five to six.'

STEVEN (age 3)
                          hugged and kissed his Mom good night 'I love you so much that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window.'

BRITTANY (age 4)
                          had an ear ache and wanted a pain killer. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a child-proof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with wonder, the little girl asked: 'How does it know it's me?'

SUSAN (age 4)
                          was drinking juice when she got the hiccups. 'Please don't give me this juice again,' she said, 'It makes my teeth cough..'

DJ (age 4)
                          stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked: 'How much do I cost?'

CLINTON (age 5)
                          was in his bedroom looking worried when his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, 'I don't know what'll happen with this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in it?'

MARC (age 4)
                          was engrossed in a young couple that were hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad: 'Why is he whispering in her mouth?'

TAMMY(age 4)
                          was with her mother when they met an elderly, rather wrinkled woman her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for a while and then asked, 'Why doesn't your skin fit your face?'

JAMES (age 4)
                          was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: 'The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt.' Concerned, James asked: 'What happened to the flea?'

The Sermon I think this Mom will never forget..
                          This particular Sunday sermon...'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust...' He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

NIAMH (age 4)
                          was trying on many shoes at a local shoe shop and she kept staring at the assistant and then looking round to her mummy until she eventually got more bemused by the assistant's looks and then said in not too quiet a voice, mummy why does that lady have a moustache. At that point they hastily left the shoe shop!

Deja Moo: The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.

Design is not abundance of simplicity, it is absence of complexity. Think different, think fluidly, think lean.

Despite the high cost of living it remains popular

have you seen this

Connecticut yard sale bowl turns out to be 15th-century Chinese artifact | Connecticut | The Guardian

THIS IS WORSE!!!!!!!!!

Lottery: UK students miss out on $32m lotto win - as payment didn't go through
                          Last edited by Mick; March 3, 2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...taking a lunch break so thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is.

TG...thanks for the ATF hug. LOL There's a lot of work that goes into organizing the garden plots with the new growing season. Got to say though I'm getting instant responses where it would have taken weeks for people to reply. I guess they really don't want to miss out. Sorry you had a out-of-sorts day, the legal system can be so frustrating. Glad the Daily Om was able to straighten out your panties.

Lav...boy do I hear you. I feel like I'm always waiting and then I think for what, and nothing gets done. I've made it a point to deal with at least one thing a day. I look around and decide what is bugging me the most and then fix that. With the warmer weather I'm making it a priority to get out and walk more. I was hesitant about starting work on the community garden as I knew it would mean a lot of work ahead of time. Got to admit it's been a nice distraction.

Mick...went through the same internet interruptions not too long ago and the excuse was maintenance. I guess it's got to be done and I'm sure all the providers were overloaded with everyone working from home. At least that gave me an excuse to take a day off. I always read a lot but it's definitely increased. I can go through a book a day. Thank god for the Little Free Library. I'm glad Julie gave your friend your number and I'm sure it will still take some time for her to actually reach out. I know it took me a while to take that step. At least she has a friend to talk to.

Better get some lunch into me before the next meeting starts. Shout out to Pi, Det, Sam and Pauly. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Nice day, 50-ish & sunny. We took a ride up to Lancaster County for a little Amish-ness this afternoon. Seriously tired of being cooped up like everyone else I’m sure.
                              Ran across a recipe today for Polish meatballs (as opposed to Italian or Swedish), haha! I made them, making a few changes to suit me but they were really good flavored with fresh dill.

Mick, glad to see you back. Nice to have improved internet, can’t live without it these days.
                              I sure hope your friend reaches out for some help before it’s too late for her. Sorry you lost another young friend too. 60 something is too young to die, there’s still so much to do.
                              I guess we’re all feeling the length of this pandemic now. I feel almost like I’ve been holding my breath for a solid year, crazy.

PQ, glad the community garden is a good project for you! Anything that helps our souls at this point, right?
                              Being able to spend more time outside, even if it’s just my backyard helps Keep up the good work!

Cyn, hope you had a good day & got some of the milder air too!!

Pauly & Det, hello to you!

Sam & Pie, we miss you, please check in.

Have a good night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X