march 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

march 7

hi all ...how are we today? all good I hope ..Cold but dry here today ...another load of junk for the tip...how come we collect so much rubbish?them ore you shift the more you find ...Ive started on the garden now ..put some edging stones in next week.. give me the height the lawn will go to ..hope we are all having a good weekend ..notced the "r"rate for the covid has really comedown here ...at its highest beginning of the year it was around the 800 per 100000 population ...this morning it was 87 so something is working.Schools start back tomorrow so we shall see .There is complete outrage at the 1%pay rise that the nurses will be getting ...that means on basic pay they will be getting around £240 a year ...and then they pay for their own parking ...an average of £1000 a year ..bloody scandalous ..yes they are saying there is no money in the pot ..well they spent enough on crappy contracts and failed systems ..and we are spending billions on a rail service (HS2) scrap it ..there are lots of innovative ways they can create the money ..the nurses are worth more than standing clapping for a while .ok everyone can jump on the bandwagon of doing their bit ...I would argue some were doing there job ..others over and above .so annoying ..
    right off to fill the car with junk to go to the tip in the morning

be good stay safe .x

The Mars rover Perseverance this morning went for it’s first test drive on the Red Planet.

This afternoon it was spotted by an eagle-eyed passerby just south of Barnard Castle.

I'm having a bad spell of dyorheya

Dalai Lama receives the Covid vaccine.
    Reports say he used a mixture of Novocaine and Hypnosis to remain calm resulting in a state of Trance on Dental Medication.

Buckingham Palace reports Prince Phillip's condition is greatly improved & the Duke of Edinburgh has even been able to sit up in bed to conduct Zoom interviews for a special overseas driving assignment.

Got your mouse ready, okay, use it to select a file then ‘right click’ and ‘copy’
    Now disconnect your mouse and plug it into the other computer.
    ‘Right click’ then ‘paste’

Congratulations, you have now copied a file between two computers.
    Last edited by Mick; March 7, 2021, 12:38 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: march 7

MAE ALL...

We had a bit of snow yesterday, the big fat flaking kind. Nothing on the ground this morning though. It's quite sunny out there now should be a good day for a walk.

Mick...thanks for kicking off the week for us. Sounds like the start of another big project, raising that lawn, but I think you're right it has to be done.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Going to get a coffee and wake up, will check in later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, thanks for the setup for the week... you are always at some project or another!! Good luck.

Det, hope all is well and that more jobs come your way...

PPQ, glad your winter weather is behaving... hope all goes well until spring!

Pauly, hope all is well - such cute pics of kids you are posting.

Lav, your soup sounded delicious. I can't have cauliflower, but it still sounded delish! I got my bone density results... osteopenia in femurs and neck... please let me know what supps you are taking. I told the doc I wouldn't go on the meds...

Sam and Pie, hoping all is well with you. Hello to all stopping by... wishing all well for a good week...

Embrace the light...

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice & sunny today but still too cold. Can’t wait for the warmup on the way this week
        I used my 1/2C of sourdough starter discard in a batch of dairy free chocolate chips cookies today, yum. Why throw it out if you can make something tasty, right?

Mick, I love taking a truck full of stuff to the land fill every once in a while, haha! Feels good to clear out the unused stuff.
        Good luck with your lawn project.
        Nurses pay has always been ridiculous considering how how hard you work & the responsibilities you have on your shoulders. I never felt adequately compensated in my job. They wouldn’t let us unionize either so there was no one watching our backs.

PQ, sounds like you had some pretend snow, Lol
        Hope your day was good

Cyn, I’ll text you about the supplements but you can also look at the ‘Save Our Bones’ website for lots of info.
        I haven’t had a Dexa scan in years, my choice. The last one I did have showed improvement after being on the supplements for a while so that was good enough for me. Glad you’re not letting anyone push you into taking those toxic meds.

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn hopefully Lavs supplements will work for you, that sounds scary Mick, seems like everything is moving along well over there and the bunnies haven't been having more belly problems that good, Lav, I made some coconut flour chocolate chip cookies yesterday but they didn't spread out right, coconut flour is just too thick or something, I prefer almond but I was out, yours sounds good though wish you were closer haha, PQ, glad the snow didn't stick, I'm pretty much done with winter, been in a blue mood these past few days, think Lou turning 8 just thinking back how fast time goes and how much has changed over the years, best to just remain in the present I think, Det, glad things seem to be clicking right along with your new surroundings, wishing us all a great BF Monday, ugh it feels like a Monday, I'm groggy hope it passes!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ahoya ABeroooodles!

oh my, what a fun photoshoot yesterday. Got invited to the launch site which is only 4 miles from home...wow! and got a whole pile of fun pics:

pics: Paragliding 3.7.21 - Google Photos

A guy was up there with his two boys flying for the first time and was so thrilled that I was happy to take pics and share them for free. Good fun networking and
            I made a couple new friends

Mick, OMG that Dalai Llama joke was the worst but I still grinned!

Pauly, feeling down is the pitts. maybe fire up an old hobby or a book?

Lav, I'd try those GF cookies!

Tree good to see you as always

ok, gotta make some lunch for girly... her first big-girl lacrosse game tonight. I'm sure she's so nervous.

be well loves!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings friends!

Fairly nice day with sun, warming up as the week goes on.
              We took advantage of the nice day & cleaned out the funky chicken house, haha!! Much better in there now!!

Just a note to say Mick contacted me this morning to say his father-in-law was unwell & being transported to the hospital. Hope everything is OK for them :hug:

Pauly, I have coconut flour here but haven’t used it for a while. It doesn’t provide enough structure when used alone. I found I had to use some regular flour along with it. I did a lot better buying Bob’s Redmill gluten free flour when I was baking GF for my daughter years ago. The cookies I made yesterday with my sourdough starter had a combination of all purpose & bread flour. That reminds me i need to order more DF chocolate chips on Amazon - never know when you’re going to need them. My granddaughter just turned 10 & my grandson will be 10 in a few weeks. We have no little kids around anymore, makes me sad sometimes too. But it’s also good to see them grow & learn too!

Det, the pics are fantastic, very nice!
              With my creaky old bones you’ll never see me doing anything like that - I’ve missed my chance, haha!!
              I hope the lacrosse game goes well, my granddaughter is playing too in her age group. Fun stuff

Hello PQ, hope your day was good.

Cyn, check your Messenger for supplement info

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

good evening all,
                been awhile since checking in. Doing pretty much same ol same ol here in Virginny. I enjoyed back reading what everyone's been up to. Work right now is super busy.
                Feels like another real estate bubble in the making. Guess all these folks are moving out of the city, can't say that I blame them.

Spring is around the corner, which is good cause I'm about out of hay.

just wanted to say hello to everyone.
                be well
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae all,

Det - amazing pics! So glad that you are making friends... that dad and kids are sure lucky that you caught them... all the gliders are... I loved the guy in the "onesey". And you are really becoming such a good adult figure for girlie... very impressive.

Lav, so sorry to,hear about Mick's FIL... this is a hard time...

Lav, those cookies sound great. And a cleaned-up chicken house, wow! Thx so much for the info on supps. I used to read Saves our Bones, I'll have to get back to that, and add some more weight-bearing exercise.

Pauly, I have some coconut flour recipes that I like, but it is a very different flour than almond... I have a great grain-free baking book, but it is stuck somewhere in storage... I hope I find it before I have to head out again... there's a focaccia that is delicious, and I am hungry for it! Hugs to you for seeing the kids grow up... time marches on...

Shout out to you, Mick, good luck.

Sam, so nice of you to drop in, glad you are well. Good luck with the hay situation.

Hello to you. PPQ.

And hello to those stopping by... feel the light...

Comment

hiya all ...howare we then?hope all is ok ..Julies dad was let out of hosp last night at 11..they did his bloods and an ecg ..the doc in the hozzy reckoned his hear and veins were like those of a 20 year old ..they think itcould be some of the meds he is on that could be causing it..so again itis a balance between quality of life and medication ..one doctor says one thing ..another says something else ..kitchen and bathroom completely finished now ,eek just looked out of the window ...its hammering down and thse 2 nutjobs are outside .time to chase them ...take care jokes to follow ...and thank you all for your thoughts .

You've got to hand it to Meghan

No one could have predicted that she would drag things down to this cheap and tacky level quite so soon

I think Harry should take up painting,

Then he can call himself, 'The Artist Formerly Known As Prince'.

My wife recently ran away with my best friend.
                    He managed 3 miles, she only got half way down the street.

An attempted robbery in Paris was thwarted when the van carrying the stolen art works ground to a halt less than 200 metres from the Louvre.

When questioned by gendarmes, the thief admitted his van had run out of fuel.
                    He said he had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh, he was skint at the time and thought he had nothing Toulouse.
                    The court artist (Banksy) promised images of the thief in his first appearance before a judge, but he was currently unable to say where or when.

My late grandad always used to say "skys the limit".
                    Great bloke,sh.t pilot.

My son came running in to me shouting "dad, there's a man at the door with a bill". Imagine my surprise when I found it was just a duck in a bowler hat.

"Hello grandmother, it's Harry, I just wanted to tell you some fantastic news. Since moving to America with Meghan, I've won best at show for my apples and strawberries. We're going to try for bananas and plantains next."

"Don't you think it's about time you grew a pear?"

I said to my sister that I was going to make a car out of spaghetti. You should have seen her face when I drove pasta.

Chinese zoo tries to pass off rottweiler as a wolf - YouTube
                    Last edited by Mick; March 9, 2021, 01:40 PM.
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad your FIL is ok, still scary though. Hope you were able to get the nutjobs in quickly.

TG...sounds like things are going ok for you. Hope you find your book soon.

Sam...good to see you. Same thing is happening over here. With the lockdowns people have decided they need more space to live in.

Lav...I don't know where the day went to yesterday. I must be back in work mode status.

Det...great pics I'm sure they were appreciated. Hope the first big-girl lacrosse game yesterday went good.

Pauly...I'm done with winter too. Knock wood. We've all had our share of blue moods this year haven't we.

Sorry this is short, I'm back in the office today. It felt pretty good getting up, getting organized and getting off to work. Felt like the good old days.

Have a great day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

We hit 69 degrees today, really nice I must say
                        Met my friends for lunch which was great. One of them had Covid several months ago (picked it up working at the hospital). She’s fine but says she still has no sense of smell or taste after all this time, ugh.
                        I went thru that myself 20 years ago after my head injury & it lasted for a full year. It’s hard to eat like that because all you can focus on is texture of the food, not fun.

Sam, good to see you & yes, it’s springy here today at least.
                        Glad to hear you are busy & stayin’ out of trouble!

Cyn, the main focus of eating on the Save Our Bones program is making your diet more alkaline. Acidic foods damage our bones. It’s not always easy but if you can manage 80/20 then you’re doing good.
                        Hope you can find your baking book. Hope you had this nice weather too.

Mick, glad to hear Pop is back home in his own place. Medications are downright dangerous in the elderly so they need to be monitored closely. There’s a Rule of 5 here - no more than 5 meds for anyone over a certain age. Their bodies, livers & kidneys process slowly & they can’t clear what we can clear in 24 hours.
                        Good to hear your jobs are done & the house is in perfect order, haha!!

PQ, sometimes it’s good to be busy, makes the time fly by
                        Hope the rest of your week goes well too.

Det, I hope you get more business from the paragliding guy, that would be cool for sure.
                        Enjoy what you’re doing & more is on the way I say

Pauly, hope your day was good!

Pie, we would love to hear from you.

Have a nice night all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

And good morning everyone how are we today then question mark the sunshine has gone obviously away on holiday somewhere because it is absolutely hammering down with rain. We had a massive storm last night wind blowing everywhere. Both rabbits in the garage certainly not interested in going out today so I filled some toilet rolls with food and hay and they're happily sitting ripping them apart. I did want to do some stuff in the garden today but I don't think that's going to happen I'm being dropped hints by the Dozen that our bedroom window sill would look good if it was send back and Danish oil as well l I have no doubt that will be happening soon as is the way of the world!

Hiya lav how are you today then? I take it you've stolen our sunshine? Glad you had a good lunch with your friends and that one of them managed to get through the covid that is a good idea the rule of fives with medication it's about balancing the quality of life against the risk and I actually think they are over assessing the risk as opposed to the quality but I'm not a doctor. Hope you have a great day day and can we have our sunshine back please thank you

Hiya pqp how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you you? Yes I rescued the rabbits from the rain yesterday what a pain there it's as if they know no and work a plan out between themselves just to see how much they can mess you around full stop are you still working from home? Take care and look after yourself

Hiya Sam the man how are you doing mate hope all is well with you you?

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sorry Mick but the sunshine is here & I’m giving it back, LOL Warm enough to be outside without a jacket on is just so nice.
                            Sounds like you have some indoor projects to fill your time, nothing wrong with that.
                            You. Are absolutely right about the medical community ‘over assessing’ risk. Over here we call it CYA (covering your ass) to avoid lawsuits. It’s just the way it is I’m afraid.
                            Getting back to basics when dealing with the elderly is the way to go. Good diet, a little fresh air & exercise goes a long way in managing their wellness, just like with the rest of us. The fewer meds the better in my opinion.
                            Nothing exciting here today, made a vegan lasagne with loads of fresh veggies, yum.

Hello to PQ, Pauly, Cyn, Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.
                            Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...apparently Lav got my sunshine today as well. Clouds rolled in with scattered flurries and temps dropped. It's supposed to move out again tonight, just a hiccup. Went into the office today just because of the task I needed to accomplish. Sometimes having my 2 monitors and all my files makes things easier. Although "they" said community centres can open, we are still closed. I will continue to work from home probably until September. Will have to see how the vaccines go. I'm not eligible for the latest vaccine available so it could be May before I can get mine. Bummer!

Lav...I remember when my Dad was taken off all his meds while in his Long Term Care setting. What a big difference. The boss finally approved the fees schedule for the fall childcare program so I've got my work cut out for me. They want to open registration April 6th. At least the assistant childcare director wants to learn the process and she is more than capable of running with it. So am in the process of creating documentation for her and we'll walk through it all next week. Other than that not much else is happening on my end.

Shout out to Det, Pi, Sam and Pauly. Thinking of you. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X