A full year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A full year!

I meant to do this post on the 7th but I was logged out and I could not get my password switched even though I sent a request twice and no email and yes I did it right. So this post will be off since at this point last year I was sober.

This time last year (March 7th 2020) I was having my first beer of the night which would be my last night of drinking. I knew I was quitting soon but did not realize that that night would be the last night. I had "fun" but getting home being disappointed that I drank even though I had promised my mom that I would stay sober since I drank the week before and fell and was so drunk that it took 2 men to pick me up and I do not remember two people (I thought that it was only 1). The disappointment in her voice and then the next day nearly falling asleep at the memorial service was the final straw and I declared that March 8,2020 was the day that I quit drinking. Who knew what would come which in turn made it the perfect time for me to quit and now I am a year sober and I will not be drinking ever again.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: A full year!

I just woke up to this on the other side of the world, Drifty. What a lovely thing to wake up to!
    Congratulations on your year. What an amazing list of acheivements you must be able to make for the year, that you never could have if you were drinking. Even with Covid!
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Wowza Drifty!

Congratulations on a year off the turps. Great statement in self care.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Great stuff, Drifty. Congratulations on a year of really living. Wishing you many many more to come. Blessings x
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Happy 1st birthday Drifty, a wonderful achievement and you should be extremely proud. Congratulations
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

[MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]

Lovely news to wake up to. Well done to you, DAlison. :hug:
            Help yourself to a slice of cake.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm so happy for you Alison, I knew you could do it!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations Drifty!!!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Way to go, Drifty! Congratulations and keep it up!

Thanks for sharing with us.

x
                  Pav

Comment

CONGRATS on your 1 year AF Drifty :welldone:
                    Keep up the good work!!
                    Last edited by Lavande; March 14, 2021, 05:34 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks everyone. I see al in a different light now. This time I will not let anything get me to drink ever again. God only knows how long it will take me to see the light if I am able to see it again. I never want to take this quit for granted. I have made it to 7 years before and I will do it again with taking it one day at a time.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                        X